The Religious Zealots of the Northeast

TheRudeDude7
Drug Lord

The Religious Zealots of the Northeast

Post by TheRudeDude7 »

Fame, Gold, Glory - all of these things are trivial. What matters most is the ultimate truth.
The zealots of the northeast were swift in their uprising. With depleted troops, the town of Liaodong and the village of Lelang fell fast to the savage take-over. Their presence is shrouded in mystery. The groups are seen to be wearing hoods, and can be heard performing strange rituals deep into the night. Executions are not uncommon within the group.
Although they do run the two locations, they have kept the old leaders in power as figureheads in their quest of dominance.

The mysterious cult leader resides in the throne room of Liaodong, biding their time before making their next move.
Zhang Gao
Sergeant

Re: The Religious Zealots of the Northeast

Post by Zhang Gao »

A lone figure approaches the city of Liaodong. His face is windswept and burned by the sun. His clothes rough spun and tattered. When he finds the hooded members of the cult, he bows his head before speaking. "I'm told you are dedicated to the ultimate truth. I'm a simple man, with a simple mind, but I still wish to know what is truth."
TheRudeDude7
Drug Lord

Post by TheRudeDude7 »

At first, the hooded guards seemed nervous. They raised their spears in anticipation, but after the man spoke, they lowered their weapons.
"Good good. You are not a snake. You seek the truth? That is good. Come inside to our city. You seek the truth? Go find our leader inside. You seek the truth? He will bless you with the truth."
The man seemed to ramble on for a bit longer, before the gates opened.
"Come come come come. Come speak to him. Quick. He is in the castle. Say you want to join us. He'll give you instructions. You will soon be enlightened. Heh heh."
Zhang Gao
Sergeant

Post by Zhang Gao »

Zhang Gao went where he was told to go, up the castle, repeating the purpose of his visit to any guards that may be there, adding what was told to him by those at the gates. Hopefully soon he would receive the enlightenment promised to him.
TheRudeDude7
Drug Lord

Post by TheRudeDude7 »

The interior of the castle appeared normal, at the very least. Hooded guards stood at attention all around the sides of the room. The room was dimly-lit, and in the center sat a lone, silent figure. Unlike the others, he was not wearing a hood, but his face was obscured by the darkness.
"Welcome, visitor. I was told of your arrival by one of my guards. I hear you seek the ultimate truth?
Well, that secret does not come out that easily. Of course, you must join us first. Commit your life to us, and we will in turn give back. Put on the hood and become one with us.
If you desire the ultimate truth, however, you must prove yourself a worthy member. Complete tasks for us. If you do enough, maybe you will be rewarded with the knowledge you seek.
As of now, a poison is growing just west of us. Destroy 300 weapons from that dastardly Gray Snake, and you shall be rewarded.
Or, if that kind of work does not suit you, we need more leaders. Serve under me in battle for half a year, and you shall earn my respect.
A barbarian force also seems to be appearing just south of our little home. We shall prepare to destroy them soon. If you raise 500 men to fight for us when we make our move, then you shall be one step closer to the ultimate truth.
Will you become one with us, stranger?"

(OOC: First to destroy 300 arms from the Gray Snake faction, become a follower for Li Liaodong/Liu Lelang for 6 months, or bring 500 troops to the battle taking place on Turn 6 will earn the favor of the zealots.)
Zhang Gao
Sergeant

Post by Zhang Gao »

He contemplates the choices given to him. One was foreign to him … the other he knew well, but that was in what seemed to be a lifetime ago. He had forsaken battle and war. Were these zealots worth once again taking up arms and leading men into battle, to their deaths? All this whirls in his mind before he finally grimly nods. "You will have your men and a victory. So swears Zhang Gao."
Zhang Gao
Sergeant

Post by Zhang Gao »

A column of men march towards the city. A ragged group, yes. A handful are unarmed and their formation is uneven and sloppy to a military eye, but compared to many of the tattered vagabond groups that have been marching around and calling themselves an army, they will do. At the head of the column is a grim, stone faced man, known to the guards as Zhang Gao, the applicant who came here months ago seeking to join the order. At his right is an older, barrel chested man. He bellows the order for the company to halt when they reach the gates.

"I was told to raise a force for battle. Come and see if this," Zhang Gao gestures towards the mass of men behind him, "meets your expectations."
TheRudeDude7
Drug Lord

Post by TheRudeDude7 »

The snake was finished. The zealots of the northeast, in one move, crippled their enemy. Thanks to the assistance of Zhang Gao, these zealots were ready to make their next move - the southern savages. For the good of China, these heretics were to be purged off the face of every map.
With swords ready, they made preparations to march southward.
Zhang Gao
Sergeant

Post by Zhang Gao »

Closed RP

The Zealots had not shown Zhang Gao much in the way of truth, but they had been faithful allies. Dutifully sending men and supplies as requested. Zhang Gao looked over the village he now commanded and the men who served him and a faint shadow of a smile crossed his lips for a brief second or two. Order and security had been brought to one small corner of the land. But to do more, he would need more help. One set of hands can only lift so much. But many hands make even the greatest of burdens light.

He gazed out to the road, hoping someone would come. Someone would answer.
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Lai guided his horse, apprehending meeting yet another stranger on this quest to...

Shook his head to clear his anxiety and failed. Taking a breath he crested the last hill and the village came into view.

Spotting his host waiting on the road, Lai accelerated to reach him.

'Greetings, I am Fei Lai, here on the invitation of Lord Zhang Gao.'