Potential Side Forum RP!

Moderator: Game Masters

Anoriand
Most hated man in China

Potential Side Forum RP!

Post by Anoriand »

So! With this version reaching a crescendo and SimRoads still on the horizon, and me wanting to kick the itch for RP without constantly worrying someone will stab me, I figured I'd gauge interest in a side RP on the forums! We'll do it on a thread here in the OOC area, and generally you would be expected to post at least once every other day, though I'm on daily so if people can post daily then so be it. I would be the Game Master unless someone else wanted to be very badly.

Now! The thing about this is... I have several ideas! So, I figured I would gauge interest but ALSO gauge who would want to play what! Advanced warning: I have 3 game ideas, and each involves a system specifically tailored to that idea, but I have the resources available for all three and can freely provide them to anyone interested. Regardless of the scenario chosen, I'm looking to do a group of 4-6, so if more than 6 wanna play, I'd have to roll to see who joins.

The ideas are!

1) Classic, basic medieval-esque fantasy using Pathfinder or D&D 5e. I have a unique campaign idea already set that I could use, and it would be a good aligned campaign.

2) Superheroes! It would use a version of the Marvel Universe RPG! It's a priceless system based on 'stones' wherein success or failure is always based on the effort you out into a task. The team will be made of original heroes of your creation and we can either RP the formation of a new team or cut right to it being formed, though I think the formation makes for good fun. You'd be medium-power heroes: No Thor or Hulk, but also not exactly Morloks or Jubilee. The campaign would involve needing to step up as the more notable teams like the Avengers or Fantastic Four are unable to take care of things, and has the advantage of essentially being able to run as long or as short as wanted.

3) A Kingdom Hearts game!... sorta. It would be run using the FFRPG, or Final Fantasy RPG, which DOES use dice but is less d20 and more about percentage based rolls. I'm still deciding if it would be 3e ot 4e, and I may crib some elements from 4e into 3e such as limit breaks. The idea would be less Kingdom Hearts clone and more following that path: things like Heartless, Nobodies and Organization XIII would certainly be involved and it may involve trips into already seen worlds, but I'd probably try to stay to mostly original worlds and way less Disney (Though Disney could still pop up as some of those set pieces can be quite cool!). Expect to see worlds related to Final Fantasy and other RPGs that fit the tone as well as other sources.

So, those are the options! If you're interested, just post here to let me know and give me an order as to which campaign youd prefer from most preferred to least preferred (So if you're most interested in 2 and least interested in 1, 2-3-1) or if there are any you just wouldnt want to play in at all. I'll let people post interest for a few days before I decide anything.
Bradums
Macho Man!

Re: Potential Side Forum RP!

Post by Bradums »

Superheroes is the one that piques my interested the most.

Unless you happen to have a Chrono Trigger concept lying around. I'm back into that business lately >.>
Anoriand
Most hated man in China

Post by Anoriand »

Fun fact, there would likely be a Chrono Trigger visit in the Kingdom Hearts one! I've thought about that before, and it gets a little shenanigans-y because of the time travel, but I believe I've figured out a good solution.
Bradums
Macho Man!

Post by Bradums »

Then I change my vote to that. Sold.
rcsha
The Butcher

Post by rcsha »

I have to admit the superhero one sounds pretty interesting.
Anoriand
Most hated man in China

Post by Anoriand »

It seems like Superhero has a notable lean. That said, I'ma wait and see if enough other people want the Kingdom Hearts option before I decide... but! For those interested, I put the pdfs for all three Marvel Universe source books on my Google Drive. You can peruse them and start getting some ideas of how everything works.

Marvel Universe PDFs

The one with Spider-Man on the cover is the base rulebook, the other two are an X-Men focused supplement and a Hulk & the Avengers focused supplement. If you wanna start toying with making people for fun, know that qe're gonna follow the base rule recommendation given my campaign, so 40 white stones for character creation, and I don't have any power limits but please don't min-max too hard. I promise this will be plenty fun just being a legitimate super.

Also! Killing people WILL be a problem as this is a good aligned group! A wolverine-type dude who is rough around the edges is fine, but know that your actions have consequences!