Other Game Discussion

Moderator: Game Masters

Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Other Game Discussion

Post by Galagros »

Thanks, Kymvir. I ordered parts last night and ended up going with a much nicer Asus board. Oh, and PS3s ARE evil.

I'm not going with more RAM because I don't own a 64-bit operating system and don't want to spend the extra cash on one--maybe in a year or two if windows 7 seems ok.
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Rue Goung
General

Post by Rue Goung »

i love my ps3, its one of my most used systems(i have them all from n.e.s to the ps3). but then again i love random and corkey games and don't care much for shooters. as well i love reliable systems that i can trust will be working for years to come(unlike my 3 piece of crap 60.) but in any case im just waiting for a bestbuy to get a copy of mount and blade warband then i might quit my job and live on my comp playing it.
TGC
Lieutenant

Post by TGC »

Rue Goung wrote:i love my ps3, its one of my most used systems(i have them all from n.e.s to the ps3). but then again i love random and corkey games and don't care much for shooters. as well i love reliable systems that i can trust will be working for years to come(unlike my 3 piece of crap 60.) but in any case im just waiting for a bestbuy to get a copy of mount and blade warband then i might quit my job and live on my comp playing it.
Buy it on Steam. :D
XM sent me; he said "Stop asking me if I have a blog or podcast. I have no idea who you are."
KvChaos
Major

Post by KvChaos »

RAMs are overrated. 4GB is more than enough, but Hurray! for the kick-ass graphics card.
v3 Wu Ming w/ Xiu Zhi Ni
v4 百家 乐 | Bai Jia Le / Blackjack

@@ Sim-Warlords Warmongers Map @@
Ranbir
Colonel

Post by Ranbir »

Fast, stable performance is never over-rated. The more RAM the less your HDD has to be worked. 4 should be an absolute minimum these days. The sooner 32-bit software dies, the sooner we can all enjoy the benefits of a limitless 64-bit world.

You can buy M&B direct from the developers, or Impulse, or Gamersgate or something else.
Whenever righteousness declines and unrighteousness increases I make myself a body; In every age I come back, to deliver the holy, to destroy the sin of the sinner, to establish righteousness.
Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

Mount & Blade is great, but, I think the modding community makes it even better. There is just so many glorious mods for it <3
Starring As:
The Hero of Xianyang, The Incorruptible Lu Chen, and the Glorious Emperor Kang!
KvChaos
Major

Post by KvChaos »

I have played WWII mod and it's great. There's a something like Dynasty Warriors mod I saw awhile back. Lastly, there's a Three Kingdoms mod that's taking their time. Same goes for the LOTR mod. :x
v3 Wu Ming w/ Xiu Zhi Ni

TGC
Lieutenant

Post by TGC »

Why do ALL RTK mods take their sweet times? Do the modders get so absorbed into the early version that they stop working just to play them?
XM sent me; he said "Stop asking me if I have a blog or podcast. I have no idea who you are."
KvChaos
Major

Post by KvChaos »

Not sure... maybe time constraint? since it's an unprofitable business... like sim kinda thing. :cool:
Then again, you can indulge yourself in WWII mod for now, the modder was pretty active in keeping up.
v3 Wu Ming w/ Xiu Zhi Ni

Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

TGC wrote:Why do ALL RTK mods take their sweet times? Do the modders get so absorbed into the early version that they stop working just to play them?
Modding and reskinning is actually a long process that likely ties them up for several weeks at a time. Likewise, the speed can depend on both the real life situations and amount of programmers. Programming a entire, and generally successful, mod takes quite some time.
Starring As:
The Hero of Xianyang, The Incorruptible Lu Chen, and the Glorious Emperor Kang!