Who we are

Moderator: Game Masters

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Who we are

Post by Phailak »

Like on all sims, usually a thread dedicated to getting to know each other OOCly a bit so why not. Since we're a pretty small active group, thought it'd be cool.

I'll go first :mrgreen:

My name is Patrick. I have two daughters, 8 and 10 and I am 39 years old. Been simming since simRTK in 2004, whatever version that was. Loved it then, still do forever later.

I work at a big telcom company here in Canada, called Bell. Been there since I was like 19. Programming isn't my job but I get to use it in my work often enough. Lots of database stuff too. I'm a manager for a bunch of servers and a call center so I get to work from home, near Montreal, Quebec.

I worked on games in my spare time since I was a kid. At first roleplaying games in the Warhammer universe, then games we made up based off card games and board games and now mostly mobile games and well sims I guess :mrgreen:

I'm good friends with Mardagg which I dragged into sims way back in V3 of Warlords because his mind breaks games down like I have never seen. Back when we were playing RTK 2 on nintendo, he somehow figured out that by giving 3 gold to an officer, you'd get more loyalty out of them than any other number, weird bug. He raised Cao Bao to 100-100-100 stat line by tutoring him, winning duels and giving him the hereditary seal lol. Made all his officers live forever because he figured out if they were in battle when their time came, they didn't die lol. Once raised those 2 girls in final fantasy 2 on snes (or 4 in japan wtv) to level 99 lol before they turned to stone. I can't even imagine the amount of hours needed to do that, but when he showed me I couldn't believe it. Anyway, so many hours playing the first iterations of RTK and civilization, was insane and so great, molded me to games!
alexoren
Sergeant

Re: Who we are

Post by alexoren »

I'm Alex. I'm 24 and have been in simming since about 2009-2010. Have been hopping around from SimRTK, Simwotd, SimRTKO, Warlords, Etc. Probably my most memorable Sim was in Simwotd where I played Deng Jing and Deng Rui. Deng Jing raised an army of Qiang after being defeated only to die. His head ended up becoming a quest objective. Deng Rui on the other hand betrayed Cao Pi and executed him thereby putting the last nail into his kingdom's coffin.

I live in the great state of Wisconsin where I work as a political staffer and operative. Been working on the official end for the House and on the campaign trail. My work goes from being super hectic to I have far too much free time and anywhere in between depending on what's happening nationally.

Been a huge gamer since I was a kid, mainly playing strategy and rpgs. That or tabletop style games.
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

I am Nick, 27. I started off with threekingdoms.net way back in 03 which lead me to simrtk. Which eventually lead me to warlords. I've enjoyed these message board sims for a long time so happy to be back.

I'm also into painting wargame miniatures such as warhammer, and gundam models. My irl friends aren't so much into sims, and miniatures but we do play lots of boardgames like catan, house on haunted hill, mice and mystics.

I googled simwarlords like every other week...
Bradums
Macho Man!

Post by Bradums »

I'm...well, yeah, obviously, I'm Brad. My username was a joke name my friends used to call me all the time, and I just rolled with it because I thought it was funny and I couldn't think of anything cool like...I dunno, BloodAngel69 or something like that. Call me boring.

I'm 30, and I'm from Arizona (as Phai and a few others know from me making jokes about being one of the two people who like the NHL Coyotes). I've got two kids, I'm married, and I'm an inside salesman for a small, profitable branch of a bigger company. Part of why I've been able to be so active is that I have a new office, and while I'm a lot busier, I'm more stationary, so it's easy for me to pop onto sims.

I started properly simming in 2004, as an officer of Peng Chao's army. Didn't really stand out much there, just kinda learned what I could and - being obsessed with RTK8 at the time - enjoyed the game. V4 was the big one, when I was Bei Baorong of Jianye. Ended up as Diao Chan's knight in shining armor and organized a surprisingly successful defense of Jianye against the biggest military in the game. Unfortunately, that version abruptly ended just as I was going to push forward and try make an anti-Dongers coalition. I was an RP Master in v5, but respectfully disagreed with the setting and direction of the version, so I stepped down because I had zero motivation at that point. Nothing bad about the staff over there at all, just wasn't a fan of where it landed that version and it made it hard for me to do my job. Other than that, I was Yoshiyuki Shino, ruler of a bunch of stuff on HoC:Japan; and a mod on RTKO before it died. I've created a bunch of sims in my spare time, but haven't launched a single one. I'm good with storylines and structure, but not mechanics :P

I'm super easy to play sims with, and I'm all for inclusion, so if anyone's looking for IC relationships, alliances, or backgrounds, feel free to PM me.
BJR
UncleBob

Post by BJR »

Hi. My name is Brad.

Lets see... Im 37 and have a wife and 9 year old daughter. I work with electronics, testing, debug, and troubleshooting. I came across these SIMs in 2010 when I was googling something about the three kingdoms. I started at SIMrtk (I'm "A Guy Named Brad" there) and branched out from there. Pretty sure im BJR everywhere else. I've been playing the RTK games since II was out on the super nintendo. Many long nights there with my brother duking it out. Im from southern appalachia, also known as Northern Alabama in the states.

One thing I found is that although I was an outsider, and im pretty socially awkward, the SIM community is great. Im glad to see it reviving a bit and look forward to playing this version and hopefully many more to come.
nennoski
Ensign

Post by nennoski »

My name is also Brad like the last two people.

I am 23 and currently working as an independent sales agent with medicare insurance. I live in new york far from the city. I started doing rotk sims back when i was like 12 or so and was way too young to understand what I was doing. I started rping more in college with tabletop games and have been looking for some rotk sims since.
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

Hello, I am Nathan, am 29 years old, and I live in California. Have been here (in California) for about 3 years, spent two years in Vermont before that, was in Mali in the Peace Corps before that, and grew up in Kentucky. Started simming... it looks like in 2005 on SimRTK, which I got into having played DW3 and later on many games in the RoTK series. Took a year of Chinese in college out of all of that interest! For the last few years have been working with those with mental health issues, homelessness, addiction, and also with those in prison. Though right now I am mainly taking classes for massage therapy, with the intention of going to graduate school in the next year or two for social work or conflict resolution/peace-building.
KongSuo
Not-so-new recruit
Location: If you measure my location, then you destroy the information

Post by KongSuo »

I'm Ben, an accomplished thread necromancer and ex-Navy guy. 32, girlwife and twin 6 yr olds. Finally graduated with a measly AA over the summer, so now I'm just relaxing a bit while deciding on next steps and taking care of the kids full-ish time. Started simming in 03, I think, on whatever was Sleipnir's old site, but eventually got fed up with it since he was also playing to win and everything that happened (in plots, battles, fuels, etc) was based on little more than staff whim. Anyways, moved on to SimRTK, WotD (Qin Bi, baby!), one brief and confusing stint here a few versions ago, Heroes of Ivalice, HoC:Japan, and Tali's Europe sim that I can't remember the name of, just to name a very few. Like many people I also tried to bring the joy of simming to other locales, like more Final Fantasy stuff, Lord of the Rings, and a couple homebrewed settings.

IRL, I run tabletop games for friends, and have like thirty different systems (tho i mainly focus on like four lol). I've also recently started writing articles about world building and helping make a webcomic, but we have to switch hosts so I'm not sure how much longer the old domain will be up (circa85.co for anyone interested).

Really nice to see this stuff still being worked on. I checked WotD every month or so, then got depressed and grudgingly checked SimRTK too lol. Like Bradums, I'm all for inclusion, and really enjoy bringing interesting characters to life.
Trendkill
Colonel

Post by Trendkill »

Why not...I'm Richard, but friends and foes alike call me Dick, (hey, I've been called worse). I'm 41 and live in California with my wife and three kids. I'm a biker (love my 06 Softail Deluxe), and pay the bills working as an animal control officer. I have even worked for the A&E show Hoarders as an animal expert for three episodes.

I started playing RPG's at age 13, beginning with D&D, and quickly moving on to play other systems/settings, including Marvel, Robotech, Rifts, and many, many others. I started simming first with SimRTK In 2006, drawn in by my affinity for roleplaying and having played all the RTK video games since RTK III, and joined Warlords not too long after.