Rage of youth

Moderator: Game Masters

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Rage of youth

Post by Phailak »

The magistrate of Jingpo's eyes bulged and his breath was ragged and short. The first to notice was his son, his surprise quickly dying from his eyes as both hands reached for his own throat, a bloody cough staining the table. The wave of panic quickly spread as both father and son collapsed to the ground. A distant cousin forced himself to throw up by shoving a finger down his throat. While most looked in disgust and tried to retain their dignity, they were quickly convinced it was a good idea when the servants were unable to revive the Magistrate and his heir.

The magistrate's wife, Lady Feng, returned to the scene of horror, doing her best to get past the throng of onlookers. The folks quickly realized the targets of the deadly poison was specific to the Magistrate and his family. Stepping from behind his shocked mother, young Tong at the tender age of nine did his best to understand the mess that was his birthday celebration. He was taken out of his wonder by the tear that hit his forehead as his mother finally tried to turn her son's attention away and steal him out of the room. Tong wondered at his untouched plate, next to his mother's uneaten food. She had chastised him for spoiling his pants, though only once she had sneaked him out, making an excuse for the both of them as she insisted the guests continued with their meals.

The Lady was resourceful, some foul mouth gossips even said ambitious, yet she had barely escaped with her life that night as their home was attacked by an ambitious young Lord.

Tong, now fourteen, has harbored a great hatred for the man that is magistrate of Jingpo. For five years, he has nurtured the anger and despair within him to avenge his father and brother. When his mother finally passed, despite his final promise to her to use whatever funds she had managed to accumulate in order to survive, the young Lord had begun to seek some men to help him regain his name and nobility. Because he was so young, it has taken a year for his story to be taken seriously.

This is the story you have heard, but surely there are some pieces missing.

OOC
This is mostly a role play quest (if you don't like to roleplay, don't join the quest) with perhaps some minor skirmishes. Danger is real, including battle captures and duels. I'll take 5 participants in the following roles:

Melee commander / leader of the band of 'heroes' (usual Com-Mig-Jud with minimum 80-60-60)
Support commander / advisor role to the band (usual Int-Com-Jud with minimum 80-60-60)
Duelist / champion of the band (usual duelist build with at least 80 Mig and one level 2 of the duel skills AND challenge I)
Logistics and supplies / Organizer of the band (High Jud, Civil Admin would be an asset, Jud based battle tactics as well with minimum 80 Jud, Civil Admin II OR Cover, Entrench or Volley)
Handler / Handler (High Cha, Politician, Diplomat and some battle skills would be a great asset here with minimum 80 Cha, Politician OR Diplomat AND Rally or Deride or Inspire or Assemble)

You can apply to each spot, only one will be taken. If no one fits the bill, then maybe we'll ask someone that comes close to it.
The chosen five will have to create their back story with the boy, having met and heard of his story in the past few weeks. Be creative. I will give more instructions once the selected five are identified.
There will be a lot of roleplay, if you lag behind, we'll move ahead and you'll lose out on the reward.
If we have enough participants, will start Monday morning.
Just post your intention to join, once the process starts, I'll be more specific as to what to post for stats and skills and what not.
Unchained Phoenix
Colonel

Re: Rage of youth

Post by Unchained Phoenix »

Applying to be a support commander, though I have lower than 60 Judgment. :(
Puyang Shuang (19) 60-45-114*-43-80*
Aid II, Confuse I, Decoy I, Deride II, Entangle I, Jeer I, Scout II, Scribe II
7986 (100) Troops
547g

Followers: Hua Gongming, Yuan Man
Royalspork
Marshal

Post by Royalspork »

Applying for Melee Commander.
Big Grizzy
Captain

Post by Big Grizzy »

Applying for Logistics.
Jin Sui (23)

"Jin Kai have already gain the thrust of the population in Changshan!!!"
scorpion
Captain
Location: Dead I am the dog, hound of hell you cry. Devil on your back, I can never die.

Post by scorpion »

Applying for duelist
Name: Sho Tao
Stats: 69-117-28-64-57
Skills: Challenge II, Charge II, Smith III, Yueshu II
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

Haha Cheng Dang the best damn handler in the game.

Cheng Dang(48)
Stats: Com: 98* Mig: 26 Int:39 Jud:58 Cha:80
Skills: Diplomat II, Discipline II, Military Administrator II, Politician II
Last edited by Choso on Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xiahou Ping
Lieutenant

Post by Xiahou Ping »

Applying for duelist.
Zhang Ze 張则 zi měng​hǔ​ 猛虎 (22)
62-104*-33-34-70
Challenge II, Instructor II, Qiangshu II, Raid II, Rupture II
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

Applying for Duelist.
Shang Yu, strategist and miser

Formerly:

Xun Jiang the Black Ogre, King of Yan
bain_nick
Captain

Post by bain_nick »

Applying for Handler position, with Shou-Tao as wel if allowed, if not, then just Ari Lei by herself.
Last edited by bain_nick on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Si Ari Lei 45-50-58-80-81, Civil Administrator II, Diplomat III, Engineer II, Politician II, Public Planner II

Deceased V4 Character: Baofu YaoYan
V3 Character: Xiao-Niao Min
Meia
Sergeant

Post by Meia »

I'm trying for Logistics, though i'm 3 points short from 80 Jud..
Lady Ding Yi--丁 怡 age 25, the (EX!) PC ^_^v and future Queen of Yan
78-72-47-77-54
Civil Administrator II, Discipline 3, Gongshu I, Military Administrator I, Propagandist 3*, Public Planner I, Sortie II, Wall I, Yueshu I
Equipment: none
785 gold
Bio/Char Description