The Great Boat Robbery

Moderator: Game Masters

Belial
Marquis

The Great Boat Robbery

Post by Belial »

Lord Sun Wu was a marked man and over a hundred spears, swords, axes, and bows lay ready to claim his life.

The rumor had blossomed along the Changjiang and its tributaries, spreading like a wildfire that threatened to consume the people who listened to its tantalizing tale. It was said that a great merchant of Yangcheng, Lord Sun Wu, had prepared a massive fleet. A grand flotilla of ships which would sail the Changjiang River and its tributaries, trading with the locals and shipping endless wealth to the great town of Suzhou. It was a grand venture, something almost unheard of within its time. A grand gambit that saw not only Lord Sun Wu's fortune, but, the fortunes of hundreds of merchants put at stake within a desperate gamble that could forever ruin their families or bring them a state of unheard prosperity. In total, it was claimed that a treasury that rivaled the Imperial Chu coffers had been amounted. It was a grand venture, one that could possibly forever change the Changjiang's slow and gentle flow...

Yet, the rumors that brought such a feverish life to that venture saw its possible death born. Countless men who sailed that river and preyed upon the outskirts of society had turned their ears and greed upon that glimmering rumor while countless men saw greed and evil overtake their honest virtues. Yet, it was a mere rumor. A rumor that kept greed afloat within hearts as they kept a ear upon the winds, wondering if this flotilla would ever launch.

It was the late weeks of June when those ships first launched. Four grand boats with deep hulls that contained unimaginable wealth while countless smaller boats stuck to their sides, following along as individual traders brought their wares along. The flotilla of Yangcheng had finally launched with Lord Sun Wu at their head, a grin upon his face as he ignored the dance and entrusted his life within his men and his ships. However, he was hardly a fool. Bolstering the ranks of his sailors and traders stood experienced mercenaries, soldiers from Chu's glorious succession from Qin.

By July, the rumors was reborn as a fiery plague that swept along the Changjiang. Rumors that spoke of the wealth already seen upon those mighty barges. Of the goods they had seen loaded aboard and traded from its depths as it passed along. Rumors of what laid amongst those hulls and what men and women might do if they got their hands upon it. The rumors merely served to give new life to forgotten greed and by the drove the foolish began to stalk that ship while others prepared their raids. Yet, the presence of those mercenaries proved enough to scatter the cowardly. While the experience of those mercenaries proved enough to send many a brave fool to a watery grave. Countless raids were launched upon those massive vessels and time and time again were the raiders smashed and defeated. All to soon the rumors began to proclaim that flotilla untouchable, a foolish dream that would only be pursued by the damned. By the second week of July, the flotilla had nearly sailed halfway along the Changjiang River and by the day they drew closer to their destination, the influential town of Suzhou.

However, Lord Sun Wu soon became marked for death. Perhaps it was a foolish remark considering the fate of the last raids... But, never before had that flotilla's attackers come in such numbers. Never before had the flotilla been threatened by an organized opponent. Yet, as the month of July tapered towards an end, that proclamation was made. A single man, a notorious pirate who had raided the Changjiang for decades past, had dared to mark Lord Sun Wu for death. That man proclaimed that he would lead a coalition of pirates against that boat and any who dared stand by his side would profit as Lord Sun Wu's blood spread across the water. That man was Captain Gan, or Gan the Axe. In that boastful proclamation, Gan the Axe made it clear where he might be found.
"Four days west of Suzhou, you'll find me and my men. We'll be camped along the river where it bends and we'll be ready. We'll accept any who can swing a sword and any crews who might wish to sign on will find equal share. While damned by those who might stand against us."
OOC Quest Summary:

Applying for Membership:
Anyone is allowed to enter this quest, however, certain builds will have a innate advantage in this quest. But, all stats will serve a purpose in this quest and it may possibly effect the course of the roleplay and your results. Likewise, certain skills may give certain advantages towards certain actions. Anyone is allowed to apply but only six players will be accepted. These six players will be randomly selected from those who apply.

Up to two personal followers may accompany an participant and up to ten soldiers from your personal army. Soldiers or NPCs from a kingdom are not illegible for use unless you are that kingdom's ruler.

People who are applying should be aware of the inherit danger of this quest and by applying for this quest you accept that you may die or be injured. Applicants should post using the below format and roleplay their character's approach to the camp. The players, or various "captains" who sign with Gan the Axe, will be briefed by Gan in my introductory post and their various options presented.

Application Format:
Name: Blah Blah Blah. Example: Guan Huang
Stats: Your current stats. Example: 99-99-99-99-99
Skills: Your current skills. Example: Awesome III, God Mode III, Leet III, Reading I
Items: Your current items. Example: +10 Bow of Godly Accuracy
Followers: Your current followers. Example: Liu Chen (1-1-1-1-100) Pants on Head Retarded III Items: Pacifier.

RP: Blah Blah Blah

Quest Progression:
Players will be expected to make a roleplayed post every twenty four hours. I will attempt to insure there is one reply for every person per day and possibly more if I have the time. Progression may be a bit slow on turn change days, but, I will attempt to keep the pace. Please insure you can be active before attempting to apply.

Quest Rewards:
To be revealed at the end of the quest.

Quest Danger Level:
MEDIUM to HIGH: You will likely end up fighting against experienced mercenaries and be confronted by other dangers. There is a inherit chance of injury and danger in this quest. However, the rewards for taking this risk is quite high.
Starring As:
The Hero of Xianyang, The Incorruptible Lu Chen, and the Glorious Emperor Kang!
GreenFabre
Colonel

The Great Raid~!

Post by GreenFabre »

Name: Kijo Akki
Stats: 71 - 103* - 28 - 66 - 54
Skills: Challenge I, Charge I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Qiangshu II, Raid I, Yueshu I
Items: "KUMO" (Speed +1 Horse), "HOOD OF DEFIANCE" (Armor - Might +7), "SANGE AND YASHA" (Sword - Might +6), "KELEN'S DAGGER" (Set of Throwing Knives (Ranged)), "MASK OF MADNESS" (Helm - Might +3)

II

the icy wind blasting her laughing face with its crunchy leaves
she ate all of them though, black bandana waving like a pirate's flag
munching leafy greens as she shouted in the woods, towards the camp
"Gan, the Axe! Axe, the Gan! Hey, hey , hey! Captain Gan!"

I

"Hee hee hee.." the kijo chuckled with a vicious smile
"Gan, the Axe! Axe, the Gan! Hey, hey , hey! Captain Gan!"
reciting it like a tonguetwister chant of some sorts
as she led Kumo on a speedy ride along the river~

Re: The Great Boat Robbery

Post by Li Dao Wen »

Name: Xun Jiang
Stats: 60-108*-32-63-53
Skills: Challenge II, Instructor II, Intimidate, Jianshu, Qiangshu, Yueshu III
Items: Twilight Mourning (+7 Might Halberd), Armor of the Catalyst (+6 Might Armor), Havoc (+1 Speed)
The Shadows [暗兵] - To make graves along the delta

By the banks of the great river, taking the road less traveled, was a mighty warrior whose skill and strength is said to make even the best of warriors tremble with fear. Carrying his trademark halberd and donning his priceless suit of black steel and gold, he sought what could be the most unusual and daring conquest of his life yet. From the province of Huainan, where his passion for blood and glory had been tested by the uneasy peace settling within the region, he burst forth like a raging god of war, bound to the chase, the hunt, and the kill.

The boastful proclamations of majestic invincibility, the breathtaking sight of the great wooden titans breaking the peaceful waters of the Changjiang, the rancor of the rich and strong residing within those barges... Then finally, the aria of death which was sounded from the hearts of evil men. It spoke volumes about a tremendous adventure waiting to happen, a grand quest which drew the presence of the Twilight General towards the river deltas. On his steed Havoc did he race across the wilderness, through thick forests spiked with the chances of death and injury, eager to face it all, to win it all.

Having been directed by some local boatsman who had kept himself within a healthy distance from the camp, Xun Jiang searched for the famed pirate Captain Gan, eager to both test his legend and the veracity of his own conceited words. Reaching the clearing where the pirates set their base, he thrust his halberd down to the ground and demanded that everyone pay attention with a powerful voice.

"I am Xun JIang, the Black Ogre, and I seek your Captain Gan."
Shang Yu, strategist and miser

Formerly:

Xun Jiang the Black Ogre, King of Yan
Crim
Colonel

Post by Crim »

Name: Xiang Jun
Stats: 37-86*-32-77-64*
Skills: Challenge I, Gongshu I, Intimidate II, Jianshu II, Qiangshu II, Smith II, Yueshu II
Items: Xiang Yu's Old Sword (+2 Might), Leather Cuirass (+1 Might), Imperial Tally (+2 Cha, Jewelry), Zao Xing's Axe (+1 Might, unequipped), Zao Xing's Armor (+1 Might, unequipped), Horse (Speed +1)
Follower (1): Jin Mei Liao (Female); 20; 34-22-61-72-81/ Assemble I, Civil Admin I, Doctor I, Haste I, Inspire I
Follower (2): Qiu Jing;72-75-47-67-51/Deride I, Pierce II, Propagandist I, Public Planner I, Smith I, Wall I
Soldiers: 10(47)

Hearing reports about Captain Gan, otherwise known as Gan the Axe, Jun ordered Qui Jing and Jin Mei Liao immediately to his secret chambers. Inside, the ruler of Chengde disclosed his intention to see whether the infamous pirate could be lured to serve under him. To this end, he ordered Qui Jing to select ten of his own men to accompany them to the journey. Each was to dress not as soldiers but as peasants in the service of a wealthy merchant to be portrayed by the pot-bellied Qui. Meanwhile, Xiang Jun and Jin Mei Liao took the more familiar role of a newly wed couple with the former pretending to be Qui's one and only son.

With their plans set in place, the traveling caravan proceeded to Gan's rendezvous point in Suzhou.
Xiang Jun, 18
37-90*-32-77-64*
Challenge I, Gongshu I, Intimidate II, Jianshu II, Qiangshu II, Smith II, Yueshu II
Items: Xiang Yu's Old Sword (+2 Might), Leather Cuirass (+1 Might), Imperial Tally (+2 Cha, Jewelry), Crossbow (Ranged), Zao Xing's Axe (+1 Might, unequipped), Zao Xing's Armor (+1 Might, unequipped), Horse (Speed +1)
NPC Follower: Jin Mei Liao (Female); 20; 34-22-61-72-89; Assemble I, Civil Admin I, Doctor I, Haste I, Inspire I
alexoren
Sergeant

Post by alexoren »

Name: Alexandrus Brutus Publius
Stats: 81-94-44-55-38
Skills: Faze, Qianshu 2, Maraud 2, Pierce 2, Instructor 2
Items: +4 might halberd, +3 might armor, +1 speed horse, +2 com book, +2 jud book
Followers: none

Vast fortunes. Oh how that could create the largest grin upon any man. That is especially true for, 'The White Demon of Qi,' Alexandrus Brutus Publius. Unlike many others in his group of allies he is not one that would look away from the possibility of gaining money or glory. He had heard of this possible raid on the large caravan of ships and knew this was a perfect chance to fill his coffer.

The distance was far and the journey was long but it would be worth it. He rode his steed all the way from Qi to the Chang Jiang. The weather there was slightly more familiar than that of northern Qi. He rode down the river for nearly a day before he finally reached a campground full of the raiders he had heard of. He trotted slowly into camp and he stuck up his arms into the air and roared. "THE WHITE DEMON OF QI HAS ARRIVED! WE WILL BE RICH ON THIS DAY!" While traveling he worked hard to learn more chinese. He knew these people would already not like him because he is a foreigner but if he knew the language better he would be more appreciated.
Spike
Colonel

Post by Spike »

Name: Yue Shang
Stats: 67-108-19-67-53
Skills: Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Qiangshu II, Charge, Delay, Challenge*
Items: Spear of Fuchai (+3 Might, Challenge*), Helmet (+7 Might), Armor (+7 Might), Text of the Two Worlds (+1 Int, +1 Charisma), Throwing Knives, Horse (+1 Speed)

RP: Four days west of Suzhou,along the river where it bends...that was where Captain Gan had proclaimed people should go to aid him. And that was where Yue Shang did arrive just before nightfall. Warily, but confidently, he rode up to the camp on his horse to make his introductions.
Last edited by Spike on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yue Shang (23) 69-108*-25*-73-56*
Skills: Jianshu II, Gongshu II, Qiangshu II, Charge, Delay, Challenge*
Items Equipped: Spear of Fuchai (+3 Might, Challenge*), Helmet (+7 Might), Armor (+7 Might), Text of the Two Worlds (+1 Int, +1 Charisma), Sapphire Pendant (+3 Charisma), Throwing Knives, Horse (+1 Speed)
scorpion
Captain
Location: Dead I am the dog, hound of hell you cry. Devil on your back, I can never die.

Post by scorpion »

Name: Sho Tao
Stats: 69-106-28-44-57
Skills: Challenge II, Charge II, Smith III, Yueshu II
Items: Horse - (+1 speed horse), Head - (+7 mig Helm), Body - (+7 mig Armor), Weapon - (+5 mig ax)
Soldiers: 10 (81)
Armaments: 10 Bronze armor, 10 Halberds.

Sho Tao rode out to the described location. He brought along his ten most trusted soldiers. The small entourage approached the river bend and tried to determine Captain Gan's whereabouts.
Name: Sho Tao
Stats: 69-117-28-64-57
Skills: Challenge II, Charge II, Smith III, Yueshu II
areon
Captain

Post by areon »

Pei Jia
59-33*-72-81*-52*
Artisan l, Civil Administrator lll, Diplomat l, Jeer ll, Scribe l, Trainer ll, Volley ll
Zephyr(+5 spd), Billhook(+2 mig), Book of Shi(+2 jud), Robe(+2 cha)

Never one to turn way an opportunity that presented itself, the veteran once again set out from the south. Having heard the rumors as far away as Changsha hadn't lessened their appeal either. He arrived on his trusted steed outside the camp on a calm evening. The wind sighed as it flowed over the water, waiting to carry any boats.
Pei Jia

If the egg's shell does not break, the chick will die without being born. We are the chick; the egg is the world. If the world's shell does not break, we will die without being born. Smash the world's shell! For the revolution of the world!
flare_knight1
Officer

Post by flare_knight1 »

Name: Niu Gongzhou
Stats: 80-95-36-51-40
Skills: Qiangshu II,Maraud II, Pierce II,Instructor II
Items: Red Dragon's Spear (Spear,+4 Might), Rising Fall (Horse, +1 Defense, +1 Speed ), Armor (+2 Might, Not Equipped)

RP: Niu Gongzhou, having failed to even receive a response upon her inquires in Suzhou, had taken it upon herself to travel a few days West of the City, her eyes dark, to look for her next attempt at a job. As she wandered down the river, she reached the noted bend in the river, and called out in a loud voice, so she didn't startle those into thinking she was an enemy by barreling into their camp. "Hello! I am Niu Gongzhou. Received a Proclamation from a Man named Gan." She explained, hoping that it was enough that they would know that she was here to help, but not enough that people overhearing her would know what was going on unless they too had found or heard the Proclamation.
Niu Gongzhu, 16, Wife of Baihu, 80-95-36-47-40| Qiangshu II,Maraud II, Pierce II,Instructor II

Follower: Da Gan(44) 59-55-54-59-66 Yueshu II, Envelop I, Qiangshu I, Jeer I, Faze I, Dash I, Saboteur I
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Name: Lei Anshui
Stats: 53-96*-29-74-78
Skills: Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
Items: Horsie (Spd +1), Tribal Headdress (Mgt +7), Battle Harness (Mgt +7), Guan Dao (Halberd, Mgt 2), Composite Bow (Ranged)
Follower: Tao Nare 68-70-53-73-59 Artisan I, Inspire I, Instructor I, Maraud II, Propagandist I
Soldiers: 10 (63), 10 Pi Spears

RP:
Rather annoyed at the lack of combat she'd been able to participte in lately, despite her appetite being rather whetted by the fighting in Linjiang, Anshui had ridden her new beast north, certain that more time spent together would let her become more accustomed to the feel of the animal, and more capable at riding.

At length, the exotic beauty came to hear of rumours about another vast sum of shinies, as she was on her way back to Changsha. It did bother her somewhat that it involved daring the Chang Jiang for prolonged periods, but it wasn't like she was a bad swimmer, if it came to that. Just a stronger, deeper, nastier river, after all. She rather such rewards, just like other barbarian, and apparently, they were handing it out for beating up and perhaps slaying somebody. A good deal, all in all, even if this piracy thing was outside her alley.

And so, on she rode west of Suzhou...
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II