Political Discussion

Moderator: Game Masters

jiangbao
Lord

Post by jiangbao »

Cloud Strife wrote: Do you live in Singapore?
:D . give that man a tiger.

Xiao Gau wrote: However, I -can- badmouth my boss. Provided I have an Xbox 360 and play online with him. Or be another manager's Brother, or rent a place from the manager...
I am sure if you live where I live, the boss does not play Xbox 360 but he will do his best to make sure you will no longer play Xbox 360 because you have no money to pay for the electricity.
Cloud Strife
Captain

Post by Cloud Strife »

I wouldn't call Singapore a total authoritarian state. Given the options, PAP domination or UMNO style fascism, it was good that Singapore's ethnic Chinese community separated from the Malays to form their own daddy state.
Name: Ji Qing, Male (Born 228 B.C.) [18-58-106*-42-79]
Items: Book + 7 INT "Sān Mín Zhǔyì", Book + 7 INT "A Song of Ice and Fire"
Skills: Confuse II, Decoy II, Jeer II, Public Planner II
jiangbao
Lord

Post by jiangbao »

Cloud Strife wrote:I wouldn't call Singapore a total authoritarian state. Given the options, PAP domination or UMNO style fascism, it was good that Singapore's ethnic Chinese community separated from the Malays to form their own daddy state.
I never said my country is an authoritarian state. It is a business state. Everything revolves around one concept, the concept of money. If money is good, it is done. Nothing else matters. That was what i was telling Xiao Gau anyway.

There is no way in a business you can bad mouth your boss and hope to eat your pie. Its as simple as that. All are tools to be used or misused by the bosses.
Ishy Julu
Sergeant

Post by Ishy Julu »

jiangbao wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I wouldn't call Singapore a total authoritarian state. Given the options, PAP domination or UMNO style fascism, it was good that Singapore's ethnic Chinese community separated from the Malays to form their own daddy state.
I never said my country is an authoritarian state. It is a business state. Everything revolves around one concept, the concept of money. If money is good, it is done. Nothing else matters. That was what i was telling Xiao Gau anyway.

There is no way in a business you can bad mouth your boss and hope to eat your pie. Its as simple as that. All are tools to be used or misused by the bosses.
I dunno.. our boss has a sense of humor. It's not so bad. ;)
Lü Tang, 33.
jiangbao
Lord

Post by jiangbao »

our boss? then i assume you and I are both shareholders and employees to our Incorporation. Its good to see a fellow employee. :lol:

All I can say before I got too shafted by the bosses and their security elements is that business is good there is no denying in. Of course there is continuous deductions from all sort of taxes to fund their bonus

And every 5 years, we employees get to be minority shareholders if you get to vote. I did not get to do so for 10 whole years.

Does he have a sense of humour? Cannot see that or feel that. But it does not matter since they are also the majority shareholder too.

seriously, does anyone really want to be in a country that runs like a company?
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin
Location: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Post by Lurking Tyranny »

I know for one I wouldn't want to be. Though some of my friends and associates long for the simple days of Monarchy - but then again I have weird and jaded friends.
GMNPC's
Fan Zeng, Prime Minister of Chu

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Liu Bang then asked Han Xin, who had served under Xiang Yu but was driven out, "what is Xiang Yu's weakness? Is there a way to defeat him?" Han Xin calmly replied, "No, Xiang Yu himself is invincible, he is destined to be king."
areon
Captain

Post by areon »

Guillotines are more interesting than...Congressional oversight meetings on whether nicotine is actually addictive and who profited? Or maybe they want to become court jesters.
Pei Jia

If the egg's shell does not break, the chick will die without being born. We are the chick; the egg is the world. If the world's shell does not break, we will die without being born. Smash the world's shell! For the revolution of the world!