Tavern

OOC Thread, General Roleplay, Tavern, Public Dueling

Moderator: Game Masters

yoshi
Sergeant

Re: Tavern

Post by yoshi »

A young woman in colorfully decorative garb enters the tavern and takes a seat at a table for two. Ordering some wine, she sips at it with a pleasant little grin while she watches the other patrons of the establishment for amusement, waiting for someone to arrive.
Li Xianglan (15)
56-16-77-17-102*
Confuse II, Deride III, Diplomat II, Politician III, Rally II
Aleksandr
Major

Post by Aleksandr »

A thin man, with skin a slight shade darker than the average Qin citizen, strode into the tavern. He held an elaborately carved, jade-inlaid spear in his right hand, and after a few moments of quiet conversation with a serving girl, found his way toward the table where Li Xianglan sat. Clearing his throat, he would give a polite, though short, bow toward the woman.

"I am Di Wan, General of Sai. Are you the one who has requested my presence?"
Di Wan (23, Male), the Marquis of Di
80-34*-82-91*-45*
Skills: Artisan II, Cover II, Decoy II, Entrench II, Gongshu, Volley II
Gold: 486
yoshi
Sergeant

Post by yoshi »

The girl smiled at the general.

Li Xianglan: "I am indeed 'the one', as you say, General Di. Li Xianglan, of Wu. Charmed, I'm sure. My thanks for taking the trouble to meet a poor young widow who has too much time on her hands and too little of worth to do with it. Won't you take a seat? And perhaps have some wine? I feel uncomfortable being the only one sitting - or bereft of sobriety. Not that I'm drunk yet, I assure you. I'm entirely sober. For the most part... but let's not dwell on such tiresome subjects. Now, I am to understand that you are a tailor of some noteworthy talent, is that not so? "
Li Xianglan (15)
56-16-77-17-102*
Aleksandr
Major

Post by Aleksandr »

"While I prefer to create bows or armor from hide, I am capable of creating attire for various uses." He took a seat at the table as he spoke, leaning his spear against the wall nearby. "What sort of clothing did you have in mind? My personal tastes as to what is appealing is largely colored by the traditions of my fathers' people, but I have spent enough time around the Qin that I may create a more courtly attire, if that is what you seek."
80-34*-82-91*-45*
yoshi
Sergeant

Post by yoshi »

Li Xianglan: "Well, it so happens that I may in fact be spending some time in court and paying visits to those of a certain societal standing, which is when I will be wearing the garment in question. But heavens above, tradition is boring. Why don't you just put together something for me to wear inspired by whatever moves you. I ask only two things: one, that it be something that catches the eye and interest of those who see it - and you, since you'll be making it and I've never heard of a bored artist producing much of worth - and two, that it be something that won't get me lynched or condemned when worn in public."

The young woman struggled to place a bag on the table.

Li Xianglan: "An inadequete sum to produce a piece of clothing truly magnificent enough for me, I'm sure you'll agree, but it's what I have to spend. Sad, but true. I was told three hundred and fifty coins would be sufficient for this sort of work?"

Di Wan receives 350 gold from Li Xianglan! (416G - 350G = 66G)
Li Xianglan (15)
56-16-77-17-102*
Aleksandr
Major

Post by Aleksandr »

Taking the bag in his hands, he lifts it up and down for a moment. 'Hmm'ing in thought, he finally tucks it away and nods, returning his attention to the woman. "That should be suficient, yes. I believe I can create something that will stick out properly." He paused a moment, resting his elbows on the table. "Do you ever carry a weapon? I might be able to accomodate it, if so. More importantly, though, what is your favorite color?"
80-34*-82-91*-45*
yoshi
Sergeant

Post by yoshi »

Li Xianglan: "I've never even held a weapon in my life - unless you count my cooking. I can't say I have any intention of improving my mastery in either field any time soon. My favorite color? Well, I've always been fond of red..."
Li Xianglan (15)
56-16-77-17-102*
Aleksandr
Major

Post by Aleksandr »

A few weeks later...

Pushing through the door of the tavern with a cloth-wrapped bundle tucked under his arm, Di Wan made his way toward one of the larger tables in the tavern. Taking a moment to make sure there were no spilled drinks on the surface, he set the bundle down on the table and took a seat, making sure to wave over the nearest server to order a bottle of wine.

((OOC: Sorry I couldn't keep up with the RP, but schoolwork took over for the weekend))
80-34*-82-91*-45*
yoshi
Sergeant

Post by yoshi »

(OOC: It's okay, don't sweat it.)

Hearing the sounds of feet plodding around the table she was currently lying restfully underneath, Li Xianglan sat up to see what all the ruckus was about. Seeing Di Wan sitting at the table, she frowned at him.

Li Xianglan: "Well? I answered your questions. Aren't you going to go make my clothes for me now?"

Narrowing her eyes at the center of the table, she stared suspiciously at the package Di Wan had set down earlier.

Li Xianglan: "Hold on. Is that *my* clothes? How could you make them so... wait, what day is this? Come to think of it, it feels like I've been here forever! But I can assure you that I've certainly not been drunk all this time and the fact that I've been lying on the floor of a busy tavern for gods alone know how long does not attest to my sobriety or lack thereof. Look! I'm clearly neither slurring my words comically or swaying clumsily and my face remains completely unreddened. In fact, the only thing that might even suggest that I could be drunk is that I keep protesting that I'm not."

She considered this for a moment.

Li Xianglan: "Er. Let us examine your craftsmanship."
Li Xianglan (15)
56-16-77-17-102*
alexoren
Sergeant

Post by alexoren »

The door to the tavern abruptly swung open and slammed against the wall. As eyes peered over to what caused the ruckus a group of about 10 men barged into the building. All of them were shirtless exposing their toned and muscular physique with sweat dripping down their body. All were chinese except for the largest of them all who was of a white tinted skin. Among them he was the most physically fit and indeed the largest and tallest.

The men were all laughing and enjoying themselves as they stomped over to a table nearby and sat about it. They were indeed not very quiet guests and were tormenting the nearby women whether they be waitresses or guests. The already rowdy group was now getting their hands on the alcohol which would soon make for an interesting night.

Moments after the sweaty brutes had sat down a young girl walked in. By the looks of her you would expect a noble girl but instead she resembled the brutes even though she had a petite figure. Her hair was a mess and her clothing was merely a strap of leather wrapped around her chest and a loincloth made of similar leather. She was also incredibly sweaty. The young girl sighed as she saw her comrades making a mess already and shook her head in disgust. She tredged over to the group and stood next to the large foreigner and smiled resting her hand on his shoulder. In return the foreigner grinned and had the girl rest herself in the man's lap just in time for the workers to deliver the much needed drinks.

(open rp)