Changsha Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

TheCavalier
Not-so-new recruit

Re: Changsha Provincial Roleplay

Post by TheCavalier »

Deng Yue was moved by Tong Hanli's words. Indeed, this is a man who has suffered severely.

Deng Yue: It seems that we both strive to protect the people we care about. My parents and grandparents are originally from Yue, then the fighting between the multiple tribes wiped out many people on both sides. It did not help that the government sold weapons to both parties to increase the bloodshed. Our family fled to to Guiyang so that we would be able to start a new life for our people, and we shared our knowledge of administration which earned the respect of the people. Now that I am administrator of Guiyang, I have more power than most people have, and hopefully I can use for good.

Deng Yue's head was full of idealism, yet his heart was still filled with resent for those who sold the weapons.

Deng Yue: and hopefully, I won't abuse my power.

After he downed a few more drinks, he had a good idea.

Deng Yue: We are too similar to not be from the same womb. We must be sworn brothers someday.

Deng Yue drank a few too many, but in his heart, this was his desire.

Deng Yue: Do you ambitions of ruling your own city, so that you have a powerbase to work on your goal of achieving world peace?
Tong Hanli nodded, also deep into his cups. his scarred, but otherwise handsome face was happy, and his dark hair was vaguely tossed. "We must swear an oath someday soon!" On the question of seizing a city Hanli was more circumspect, looking around to ensure no one else had taken an interest. "I saw many things at the bottom of the gorge as I slept in the dark depths of oblivion. The Heavens showed me images of what I might do when I awakened. I have..." he paused, looked away, looked back at Deng Yue, away again and then finally stopped and took a deep breath. "I have a destiny I must fulfill, and no corrupt official will stand in my way."
Tong Hanli, The Hundred Span General (27) 75-21-74-47-68
Public Planner II, Diplomat I, Politican II, Scout II, Decoy I, Scribe II

Follower: Ding Zuan(76) 66-80-63-59-37 Smith II, Raid I, Jianshu I, Civil Administrator I, Cover I
Xe
Miss Pretty

Post by Xe »

"If anyone can reclaim the land form hell, It's Zhefu." Xiuying said confidently. "If Xiang Yu can not keep the country from falling, then Zhefu will simply have to pick it back up."
Guan Xiuying, 15, Female
41-44-73-57-108*
Diplomat II, Doctor, Engineer II, Politician II, Propagandist

[23:26] <Aleksandr> The way you get a GF is be like
[23:26] <Aleksandr> Bitch, I don't smell dinner cooking
[23:27] <@Kern> I've gotten all my girlfriends with my welding skill, and some Roofies.
Mikal
Marquis

Post by Mikal »

Xe wrote:"If anyone can reclaim the land form hell, It's Zhefu." Xiuying said confidently. "If Xiang Yu can not keep the country from falling, then Zhefu will simply have to pick it back up."
'Your confidence, as always, keeps me going, my love.

"There is much that will fight against us, as shown by a banquet I held recently. We must be strong, and prepared to deal with such things. And if there is one thing, it is prepared."
The Wiseman Cometh...
Zhefu, 37, Male
52-39-62-91-64
Civil Administrator III, Military Administrator II, Diplomat II, Politician II
Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

Guǎn​ Huáng​ snorted and within a second he shifted. "You expect to fight?" Guǎn​ Huáng​ questioned as he gazed upon his daughter's husband. "Explain yourself, Zhefu. My daughter claimed you a soldier, not a noble. Just what has my brother married my daughter to?" he questioned as he came to sit up, a hand stretching across the table to poke the man within the chest. "You speak as if you lead a war band. Banquets, reclaiming the land, and preparation.. It is nonsense!" Guǎn​ Huáng​ tensely continued.

"What has my daughter been involved in, Zhefu?"
Starring As:
The Hero of Xianyang, The Incorruptible Lu Chen, and the Glorious Emperor Kang!
Mikal
Marquis

Post by Mikal »

Belial wrote:Guǎn​ Huáng​ snorted and within a second he shifted. "You expect to fight?" Guǎn​ Huáng​ questioned as he gazed upon his daughter's husband. "Explain yourself, Zhefu. My daughter claimed you a soldier, not a noble. Just what has my brother married my daughter to?" he questioned as he came to sit up, a hand stretching across the table to poke the man within the chest. "You speak as if you lead a war band. Banquets, reclaiming the land, and preparation.. It is nonsense!" Guǎn​ Huáng​ tensely continued.

"What has my daughter been involved in, Zhefu?"
"Your daughter has been involved in keeping my perspective in check as I deal with growing corruption throughout the land as I seek like-minded men who want to fix that. I am no warrior, though I was a bit of one in my youth. Now I am a leader. Hopefully the right one. Maybe not the one the people want, but perhaps the one they deserve."
The Wiseman Cometh...
Zhefu, 37, Male
52-39-62-91-64
Xe
Miss Pretty

Post by Xe »

Xiuying nodded. "I've been aiding his work. Nothing dangerous, of course. That is better handled by the others anyway." She said, smiling. "Rallying troops, meeting dignitaries. Noble things." She noted.
Guan Xiuying, 15, Female
41-44-73-57-108*

[23:27] <@Kern> I've gotten all my girlfriends with my welding skill, and some Roofies.
Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

Guǎn​ Huáng​ gave a terse nod and allowed a hint of a smile to grace his lips. "As it should be. Standing behind her husband, even if he is a scrawny little fool with his head in the damn clouds. You leave the work to the real men and you just support your husband, keep him happy. And you," Guǎn​ Huáng​ growled as he pointed a meaty finger at Zhefu, "you remember that if you lay a finger on her? I'll snap your scrawny neck." he warned, his tone solemn and lacking that slurring quality as his dark eyes met Zhefu's masked face. "If you ever hurt her, I'll snap your neck."

"But," Guǎn​ Huáng​ commented as he slammed his hands down to the table, "this is a time for celebration! My daughter is married!" Guǎn​ Huáng​ roared before beating on the table. "Bartender, run down to the restaurant and get the men! Tell the Axes that tonight we feast! Bring food and break out the best of your food!" the giant bellowed only for the bartender to stiffen. Seeming to shrink under the giant's gaze. "NOW!" Guǎn​ Huáng​ bellowed as his hand fell to that axe's handle. Yet, before his fingers had even circled it, the bartender was running for dear life as the few Axes within the room cackled in delight.

"Now, tell me why you have come here Zhefu. You have clearly come to do more than introduce yourself!"
Starring As:
The Hero of Xianyang, The Incorruptible Lu Chen, and the Glorious Emperor Kang!
Mikal
Marquis

Post by Mikal »

Belial wrote:Guǎn​ Huáng​ gave a terse nod and allowed a hint of a smile to grace his lips. "As it should be. Standing behind her husband, even if he is a scrawny little fool with his head in the damn clouds. You leave the work to the real men and you just support your husband, keep him happy. And you," Guǎn​ Huáng​ growled as he pointed a meaty finger at Zhefu, "you remember that if you lay a finger on her? I'll snap your scrawny neck." he warned, his tone solemn and lacking that slurring quality as his dark eyes met Zhefu's masked face. "If you ever hurt her, I'll snap your neck."

"But," Guǎn​ Huáng​ commented as he slammed his hands down to the table, "this is a time for celebration! My daughter is married!" Guǎn​ Huáng​ roared before beating on the table. "Bartender, run down to the restaurant and get the men! Tell the Axes that tonight we feast! Bring food and break out the best of your food!" the giant bellowed only for the bartender to stiffen. Seeming to shrink under the giant's gaze. "NOW!" Guǎn​ Huáng​ bellowed as his hand fell to that axe's handle. Yet, before his fingers had even circled it, the bartender was running for dear life as the few Axes within the room cackled in delight.

"Now, tell me why you have come here Zhefu. You have clearly come to do more than introduce yourself!"
"Actually, Father, I came to support my wife. She has missed you terribly, and if this had somehow been a trap or trick, I wanted to know who would do such a thing, and punish them." At first his voice is deferential, but as he turned towards punishment it became hard, if not cruel. It seemed that Zhefu knew how to use the whip when needed, even if he preferred not to.
The Wiseman Cometh...
Zhefu, 37, Male
52-39-62-91-64
Bonaparte
Marshal

Post by Bonaparte »

TheCavalier wrote:Tong Hanli nodded, also deep into his cups. his scarred, but otherwise handsome face was happy, and his dark hair was vaguely tossed. "We must swear an oath someday soon!" On the question of seizing a city Hanli was more circumspect, looking around to ensure no one else had taken an interest. "I saw many things at the bottom of the gorge as I slept in the dark depths of oblivion. The Heavens showed me images of what I might do when I awakened. I have..." he paused, looked away, looked back at Deng Yue, away again and then finally stopped and took a deep breath. "I have a destiny I must fulfill, and no corrupt official will stand in my way."
Deng Yue nodded.

Deng Yue: I see. Well, we have quite a path ahead of us.

Deng Yue laughs heartily.

Deng Yue: I have a plan that will allow us to ensure that we will secure changsha and allow you to fulfill your destiny.
Kymvir Raemiz wrote:Governor An leaned forward, nodding eagerly, "Yes! That is exactly it! They would starve, the ungrateful wretches!"

He shrugged, "Though, I haven't had too much difficulty with the rabble. They are always rebelling in some way or another. I'm constantly having to send out the garrison to supress them. Sometimes I'll go out with the garrison, but usually I leave it to my Captain to put them down. I am much too busy working on projects here in the city."

He frowned, "Is the rabble bothering you too? Perhaps I should have you come to one of my planning sessions. Right now I'm planning on how to get more of them off the farms to help build my walls higher."
Deng Yue: I am honored that you have invited me to your planning sessions, but I have a rabble of my own to take care of. I will take your advice, and I appreciate the time that you spent with me. I must take my leave soon, and as a token of my gratitude, I will send you a nice gift by the end of the season.

Deng Yue gave the governor a low bow, and now knows exactly what he must do in the future.
Deng Yue, 40
51-46-50-78-80*
Military Administrator II, Civil Administrator II, Diplomat II, Politician II
Items: Horse (+1 Speed, E), Ring of Changsha (+3 Charisma, E)
Xe
Miss Pretty

Post by Xe »

Xiuying looked down at this. "I know it was risky to try to find you, father...But it's been ten years..." She said, as tears fell from her face. "I...I missed you so much..."
Guan Xiuying, 15, Female
41-44-73-57-108*