Changsha Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Belial
Marquis

Re: Changsha Provincial Roleplay

Post by Belial »

Guǎn​ Huáng​ smirked as he leaned backwards, allowing those women to remain within his lap. "Of course those ministers are needed. They keep track of everything and get the damn job done nice and neat. Of course you have your generals. They keep the men in order and get them properly marching in the right direction. But, I think you've missed something." Guǎn​ Huáng​ slurred. "Those ministers? Heh, what have those ministers done? Write their fancy letters and squiggles? Keep track of what they've bled the people? Hell, that's all their good for. Making sure the government has gone and put its boot right the people's ass and kept em properly bowing down and poor. Hell, a minister don't do nothing but insure the people bleed. Yeah, they may claim they work for the people. But, they really don't. All they do is go and make the city more efficient. Yeah, the people may have a larger economy.. but, &*$&. Those taxes are going straight up. What about the fields? Draining all that land and the what not? &*$&, more land to grow. This has to be better, right? Hell, no. Just means heavier taxes on what you go and &*$&' grow." he growled.

"But, don't go gettin' me wrong. A few of em really are in for the job because they think they can help people. Hell, a few of even are even good guys when ya look past their job. I ain't saying go out and hang all of em. I ain't sayin' that at all. There is a few of em who deserve it, but there is a good few who deserve a proper drink at the end of the day. The minister ain't done nothing for the people at the end of the day. It is the people who put all that wealth right up in that king's treasury. It ain't the general who conquered those cities and forts. It ain't that general who overran the enemy position and fought. Hell, all that general did was say we're going to attack em right here. It is the damn people underneath him that handled all that bloody work. So, don't go lumping me in with no damnable commander or general or sergeant or any of that shit. I had my proper fix of it underneath the righteous Emperor of this land. I'm just a soldier now." Guǎn​ Huáng​ commented before pausing, a massive hand reaching up to pause for silence before he belched. Leaving those women to visibly cringe as they slithered off of his lap and towards another table.

"Now, don't go gettin' me wrong. Nothin' wrong with authority. Just think you're lookin at the damn picture all wrong."
Starring As:
The Hero of Xianyang, The Incorruptible Lu Chen, and the Glorious Emperor Kang!
Bonaparte
Marshal

Post by Bonaparte »

Deng Yue nodded. The man is right, even though he chose a fairly vulgar way to bring the point across.

Deng Yue: Perhaps, I am. I only said what I said because I was wondering how much you were driven by wealth. It is seems that you have sympathy for those who do the hard work in the fields and soldiers in battle. What are your opinions of the Yue people and those who are not Han Chinese? Also I am wondering, if you're only a soldier, and you have your gang of axemen. What are you hoping to do now?

Deng Yue originally thought that this man would be just a ruffian, but it may seem he may be a crude philosopher. A very crude philosopher.
Deng Yue, 40
51-46-50-78-80*
Military Administrator II, Civil Administrator II, Diplomat II, Politician II
Items: Horse (+1 Speed, E), Ring of Changsha (+3 Charisma, E)
Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

Guǎn​ Huáng snorted as he rose a hand and clicked his fingers. More than enough of a sign for the one of the servants to hurry up with their order. Rushing over to the table, the young woman put a clay platter before them. Across it sat jugs of wine and several clay dishes. While a plate of grilled pork laid within the center, designed for everyone to enjoy. "Thank ya, lass." Huáng commented before giving a bow of his head. Yet, there was no simple use of chop stick for that man. He simply pulled a long knife from the depths of a pocket and stabbed a few times at the wooden platter before raising the mouth to his lips. Biting the pork right off of the blade before swallowing it down with a grunt of appreciation.

"Wealth is damn important, damn important. Can't do jack shit without it. Just people forget who really makes that money." he commented as Tie Chu poured a glass for Huáng before pushing it his way. "Thank ya, Chu." the beast commented as Chu silently continued to pour everyone a dish of wine. "But, I ain't got symphony for the people. They do their lot within life and they got to do it. Just the government should do a better damn job at its own job. The people ain't gonna give a rats ass over who rules em. They ain't gonna care about what flag is flipping through the air or what Emperor sits upon the throne. Some of em will think about it, but, they got bigger things to worry about and they do. But, same exact time, people are people. Yeah, the Yue people was a bitch to properly conquer. Killed a lot of proper soldiers, but, they had a lord for em. Got em properly butchered. Now, I want ya to realize somethin. I ain't got such a keen eye on most governments. I believe the Emperor is Emperor and he should rule. He is the damn child of Heaven and deserves what he gets. But, then ya got little limp dicked nobles who think they are also the childun of Heaven. It is those type of &*$& I can't stand. Thus, my little gang exists. The proper son of Heaven lays dead and gone due to man's cruelty, so we've gotten together to protect ourselves and those we love." Guǎn​ Huáng commented before draining that dish of wine which Chu promptly refilled.

Wiping his mouth with his forearm, Guǎn​ Huáng gave a relaxed sigh as he shifted himself. "Hell, we're just at this damn thing to insure most of us stays safe. Yeah, you got a few proper soldiers here and there.. but, damn. Most of these boys won't be worth a shit in a real fight. So, I just keep em armed and hope to frighten away whatever shit considers attacking us while I try and put some balls on these boys. Keep this lil' village nice and protected from the bastard nobles. Ya see?"
Starring As:
Bonaparte
Marshal

Post by Bonaparte »

Belial wrote:Guǎn​ Huáng snorted as he rose a hand and clicked his fingers. More than enough of a sign for the one of the servants to hurry up with their order. Rushing over to the table, the young woman put a clay platter before them. Across it sat jugs of wine and several clay dishes. While a plate of grilled pork laid within the center, designed for everyone to enjoy. "Thank ya, lass." Huáng commented before giving a bow of his head. Yet, there was no simple use of chop stick for that man. He simply pulled a long knife from the depths of a pocket and stabbed a few times at the wooden platter before raising the mouth to his lips. Biting the pork right off of the blade before swallowing it down with a grunt of appreciation.

"Wealth is damn important, damn important. Can't do jack shit without it. Just people forget who really makes that money." he commented as Tie Chu poured a glass for Huáng before pushing it his way. "Thank ya, Chu." the beast commented as Chu silently continued to pour everyone a dish of wine. "But, I ain't got symphony for the people. They do their lot within life and they got to do it. Just the government should do a better damn job at its own job. The people ain't gonna give a rats ass over who rules em. They ain't gonna care about what flag is flipping through the air or what Emperor sits upon the throne. Some of em will think about it, but, they got bigger things to worry about and they do. But, same exact time, people are people. Yeah, the Yue people was a bitch to properly conquer. Killed a lot of proper soldiers, but, they had a lord for em. Got em properly butchered. Now, I want ya to realize somethin. I ain't got such a keen eye on most governments. I believe the Emperor is Emperor and he should rule. He is the damn child of Heaven and deserves what he gets. But, then ya got little limp dicked nobles who think they are also the childun of Heaven. It is those type of &*$& I can't stand. Thus, my little gang exists. The proper son of Heaven lays dead and gone due to man's cruelty, so we've gotten together to protect ourselves and those we love." Guǎn​ Huáng commented before draining that dish of wine which Chu promptly refilled.

Wiping his mouth with his forearm, Guǎn​ Huáng gave a relaxed sigh as he shifted himself. "Hell, we're just at this damn thing to insure most of us stays safe. Yeah, you got a few proper soldiers here and there.. but, damn. Most of these boys won't be worth a shit in a real fight. So, I just keep em armed and hope to frighten away whatever shit considers attacking us while I try and put some balls on these boys. Keep this lil' village nice and protected from the bastard nobles. Ya see?"
"hmmm...protect ourselves and those we love..." Deng Yue thought. The exact same idea when Deng Yue's family escaped from their hometown.

Deng Yue: Yes, but do you honestly think that you would hold off forces from outside of Changsha. Fighting small upstarts would work out for you, but I don't think you would stand a chance against a person who acquires an army from King Xiang Yu or a noble who gains power in a city in a nearby province? Nobles ,with 12,000 soldiers a piece,who wouldn't give a d**n about some armed men and the family they are protecting.

Deng Ka thought to himself. "Perhaps this ruffian is rubbing off on him. That's not good..."

Deng Yue: They all get slaughtered, similar to my people along time ago in the south. Yet, I think you make a good point on the Yue tribes getting slaughtered. However, it was not only their leadership. They never worked together and always fought each other, which resulted to disaster to them. We both agree on one thing, and that's to protect ourselves and those we care about. Then why not work together, so that we can accomplish this?
Deng Yue, 40
51-46-50-78-80*
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

April 206, outside the Blue Dragon

Finally, she had given Nare the slip, once more. It was getting rather difficult, now that the man was sticking closer and closer to her. Parents' orders.

Eitherways, it had been quite a hike to get here, but that last quick note from the rapidly growing, if rather awkward, considering Anshui couldn't write, correspondence between her and that intriguing administrator of Gui Yang...no, governor of Zhu now, was what he claimed, had mentioned a rather odd proposition. Anshui had already set into motion her plans to fulfill their current bargain, but it seemed the administrator was now considering upping the ante. Bold man. Bolder than she'd given him credit for. Perhaps there really was a little barbarian blood in him, after all.

A pure Han...and a match for her ability. Sure, he was a man. She doubted there was one of the soft women in these lands that could be an equal to the proud battle maiden of the Southern jungle. In beauty, perhaps, but not in strength. Certainly, not in both. Still, she was intrigued, not having heard of any such fellow before in the whole of this region these folk called Changsha.

So the fur clad vixen tapped on the door of the inn, ignoring any leering gazes from Axe Gang members outside. Anshui was quite confident in her capabilities. She was well aware she was by no means invincible, but one did not have to be such. Just to exude the combined aura of power and grace that her sleek, well trained warrior's body could do like no other woman...or even human, regardless of her surroundings...That was half the battle.

She shoved the door open, and looked about, stepping in just a stride. With that sultry voice all her own, possessed of just a hint of a barbarian accent, she greeted them, You wished to see me here, Sir Deng? Her hips swayed, loincloth brushing against smooth thighs as she brought her legs together, and surveyed the scene formally now, alabaster face impassive, unstartled...at least, outwardly. Setting her old guan dao's butt on the floor, she asked curiously, You mentioned you had learned of a fellow I might like to be introduced to...

With that, the door closed, and the fur clad barbarian's headdress and lengthy raven hair stopped bristling about in the wind, and she waited with barely disguised impatience for an answer...
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
Bonaparte
Marshal

Post by Bonaparte »

Deng Yue was surprised that Lei Anshui actually arrived, since they were never on the best of terms. However, he ordered Deng Ka to get her a seat so that she could sit with the all of the entire group.

Deng Yue: Guan Huang, this is Battle Maiden of Changsha, Lei Anshui. Lei Anshui, this is the Monster of Changsha. I brought her here to help me convince you to come join my force. All of us here are people of ability, and without us uniting together we will not be able hold Changsha, if the province gets under attack. I hope you all understand that.
Deng Yue, 40
51-46-50-78-80*
Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

Bonaparte wrote: "hmmm...protect ourselves and those we love..." Deng Yue thought. The exact same idea when Deng Yue's family escaped from their hometown.

Deng Yue: Yes, but do you honestly think that you would hold off forces from outside of Changsha. Fighting small upstarts would work out for you, but I don't think you would stand a chance against a person who acquires an army from King Xiang Yu or a noble who gains power in a city in a nearby province? Nobles ,with 12,000 soldiers a piece,who wouldn't give a d**n about some armed men and the family they are protecting.

Deng Ka thought to himself. "Perhaps this ruffian is rubbing off on him. That's not good..."

Deng Yue: They all get slaughtered, similar to my people along time ago in the south. Yet, I think you make a good point on the Yue tribes getting slaughtered. However, it was not only their leadership. They never worked together and always fought each other, which resulted to disaster to them. We both agree on one thing, and that's to protect ourselves and those we care about. Then why not work together, so that we can accomplish this?
and
RuffRydeR wrote:April 206, outside the Blue Dragon

Finally, she had given Nare the slip, once more. It was getting rather difficult, now that the man was sticking closer and closer to her. Parents' orders.

Eitherways, it had been quite a hike to get here, but that last quick note from the rapidly growing, if rather awkward, considering Anshui couldn't write, correspondence between her and that intriguing administrator of Gui Yang...no, governor of Zhu now, was what he claimed, had mentioned a rather odd proposition. Anshui had already set into motion her plans to fulfill their current bargain, but it seemed the administrator was now considering upping the ante. Bold man. Bolder than she'd given him credit for. Perhaps there really was a little barbarian blood in him, after all.

A pure Han...and a match for her ability. Sure, he was a man. She doubted there was one of the soft women in these lands that could be an equal to the proud battle maiden of the Southern jungle. In beauty, perhaps, but not in strength. Certainly, not in both. Still, she was intrigued, not having heard of any such fellow before in the whole of this region these folk called Changsha.

So the fur clad vixen tapped on the door of the inn, ignoring any leering gazes from Axe Gang members outside. Anshui was quite confident in her capabilities. She was well aware she was by no means invincible, but one did not have to be such. Just to exude the combined aura of power and grace that her sleek, well trained warrior's body could do like no other woman...or even human, regardless of her surroundings...That was half the battle.

She shoved the door open, and looked about, stepping in just a stride. With that sultry voice all her own, possessed of just a hint of a barbarian accent, she greeted them, You wished to see me here, Sir Deng? Her hips swayed, loincloth brushing against smooth thighs as she brought her legs together, and surveyed the scene formally now, alabaster face impassive, unstartled...at least, outwardly. Setting her old guan dao's butt on the floor, she asked curiously, You mentioned you had learned of a fellow I might like to be introduced to...

With that, the door closed, and the fur clad barbarian's headdress and lengthy raven hair stopped bristling about in the wind, and she waited with barely disguised impatience for an answer...
Guǎn​ Huáng gazed upon Deng Yue, his gruff features split in a slit grin. "Well, one thing in particular." Huáng commented before belching. "A rather simple thing. Not all of us claim to have family down in this wee bit of land. Ya see, I come from up north myself. Hailed from a small village in Qi. Was a blacksmith there and made a rather proper livin'. I had a few run in with the limp dicked old man who claimed to run the place, but, hell.. at that time I didn't give a shit. I had a lovely little wife, darlin' children, and brother and sisters as far as I could see. Then, ya started getting all these idiots who felt the Qin should be overthrown. &*$&' maggots who felt they had some right to kill the Emperor. To kill the damnable Emperor!" Guǎn​ Huáng roared before banging his hand down on the table. "Bastards ruined this land.. they ruined it all and turned their backs upon the Heavens. This current strife is due to those bastards.. those who felt they could challenge the Heaven's themselves. Ambitious little shits who deserve nothing but death." the man lamented. "I was part of the local militia, it was something I had done since I was a damn kid. I didn't know the proper use of no damn spear.. hell, I wasn't even that good with a axe or sword at the time. Only knew how to use a bow worth a damn. But, I got sent off to the battlefield. To fight against those rebellious little shits.. my family got left behind when I left. My childun' went to my brother.. and they seem to hate me for it. Can't say I rightfully blame em. I left em when they was still little enough to be bounced on my knee. Hell, I saw one of my family just a few months ago.. my daughter got married. Never even got to see the ceremony or those red sheets. She was simply married.."

"These men.. hell. These bastards are from all across this land. Some of their families are right here in this little town because they joined up with us when we said we just wanted to make some proper agreements and safety. They realize we just want to make some money and try to live in this land and they realize what it will cost us to do it. We can't delude ourselves with things such as property or home.. hell, home is where we make it. But, family is what will make a home loved. We just need to be able to move. When that bastard comes with his twelve thousand men, we'll abandon this little village. Simply move onward and keep growing, taking in those who want to see a better day and better life. When the bastards comes, we'll just leave and keep walking. Just run for the hills.. some of us will die in the running, but, it is better than getting massacred by standin' on the field."

"But, just because of that fact does not mean we can't work together." Guǎn​ Huáng commented as he leaned across the table and stabbed more of that pork with that slender knife. "Neither of us wanna see blood spilled. That's a good thing. My men are already marching for Jiangnan. If you wanna avoid bloodshed and work together, you gotta be willin' to work with me." he continued as he tore a chunk off pork off that knife, noisily chewing it as his eyes met Deng Yue's own. "Now, ya willing to work together?" he questioned as he ripped off another piece of pork. Only, for his face to turn sour. His features scrunching as his gaze fell upon that doorway. Spitting that piece of pork out, and leaving it to bounce again the floor, the man wiped clean that blade and slammed it into the table before him. Keeping it at hand as his hand tightened about the handle of his axe. If Deng Yue turned around, he would see a woman had just entered the bar. A woman whose entrance had gotten more than a few stares. A woman whose entrance had gotten more than a few weapons drawn or squeezed. "You didn't mention anything about no damn woman, Deng. It ain't proper to leave details out. Snakes are the type to do that." Guǎn​ Huáng growled as he rose and pointed a finger at the woman. "Get out of here! Deng invited ya, not I. Only my brothers, sisters, and guests may carry their weapons in here, and ya ain't no sister or guest of mine!"
Starring As:
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Anshui shrugged, then opening the door, spun around and looked as if she were about to leave, when quickly, she flicked the guan dao outside, hurling it with enough strength to really stick the old blade in the ground, as if it were a javelin. The man might be inclined towards immediate anger, and perhaps for good reason. She had not observed their customs. Did she care? No, not really. She had intended to find somewhere to hang up the guan dao inside but finding no place for it, she figured it simply didn't matter.

And then she spun back around and walked in further. I'm no guest of his, simply here of my own accord, though his writing has intrigued me. And I have no intention of becoming sister or brother either. I have my own family, and they move on Hulu soon, partly at this man's request, but mostly because I want to. I think I'll be a patron tonight. I imagine the Blue Dragon could do with more business.

She eyed the actual "owner" of the inn, and asked, oblivious to the glares, Strongest you've got. And a bite to eat for this damn woman. She grinned, and looked about for a free chair right near where the "Monster" and his guest sat.
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
TheCavalier
Not-so-new recruit

Post by TheCavalier »

Deng Yue was busy preparing his banquet for his friend who is going to visit him. "Today, we will declare ourselves to be sworn brothers." Deng Yue thought. While he overseeing the food and drink to be ready, he was anxiously waiting for Tong Hanli to arrive. He ordered the guards to not go through the usual procedures and allow him to meet him in his audience hall.

Deng Yue: Today, will be a day of celebration.
Tong Hanli arrived on time, with two men by his side. One was his adopted Uncle, and the other was an older man who had been with him since the fateful day that he had gained his moniker. He bowed to Deng Yue as he arrived. "Greetings brother, I look forward to this ceremony which will establish our fellowship throughout time." His bow possessed some grace, not hinting at the fact that he could barely move one side of his body.
Tong Hanli, The Hundred Span General (27) 75-21-74-47-68
Public Planner II, Diplomat I, Politican II, Scout II, Decoy I, Scribe II

Follower: Ding Zuan(76) 66-80-63-59-37 Smith II, Raid I, Jianshu I, Civil Administrator I, Cover I
Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

Guǎn​ Huáng​ bitterly laughed as he set his gaze upon Deng Yue and slowly did he come to shake his head. "You have a backwards approach to impressin' me, Yue. If anything, your fair maiden is annoying me." Huáng​ growled as he hunkered across the table, fetching a glare upon her. "She seems to like pressing the order and rules of how we do things around here. That ain't a proper way to treat someone in their own home."

Yet, at the bar, the bartender stood pale and shivering. His gaze upon the strange woman who had merely walked into his bar and actually argued with the Monster of Changsha. Oh, he knew the man for his anger and the bartender was hardly willing to press the matter. He knew just how ignorant it would be and how quickly it could lead to.. ahem.. severed heads. "I am sorry miss.. but Governor Guǎn​ apparently does not want your kind here. He has rented the entire floor.. I apologize, but, I can not serve you. Perhaps if you truly want something to drink, you could go across town.. the Ram's Horns has fairly nice huangjiu." the mousy man commented.

Yet, back at his table, Huáng​ grinned in absolute pleasure. "And what exactly are you proposing, Yue?"
Starring As: