Changshan Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Redbird
Sergeant

Re: Changshan Provincial Roleplay

Post by Redbird »

Tinybutterfly ((sometime later))

Shi decided to go hunting for Tan later to get her mask so for the time being, she went looking for a place to sleep and stash her stuff. She wandered around camp and decided she'd just find one of the empty rooms in the inn and sleep there. She'd rather be close to Kai and the others in the case something happened so she could bust some ass right along with them if need be. As she was passing through the big room, she notices another woman, looking equally mean and cold as Shi is, eating at the long table that usually is dotted with maps and papers. She wanders over and sits down across from her.

"My name is Shihong, but you can call me Shi. I'm new here and wonderin where I could find me a good horse and some grub. I had a horse but had to shoot her on my long trip here as she came up lame due to some bastard attacking me durin' the night. Not that you care, but whatever. So..you know where the stables are in this town or what?"

She knew the woman didn't care if she rambled for hours, but it was nice to see another woman like her in the ranks.And she really did need a new horse and had heard rumors that this was the person to see about them.
Sun Yuying
Full Pic
47 | 22 | *87 | 75 | 57
Civil Administrator 2, Engineer 2, Politician 2, Public Planner 2, Scribe 2
Tinybutterfly
New Recruit

Post by Tinybutterfly »

Redbird wrote:Tinybutterfly ((sometime later))

Shi decided to go hunting for Tan later to get her mask so for the time being, she went looking for a place to sleep and stash her stuff. She wandered around camp and decided she'd just find one of the empty rooms in the inn and sleep there. She'd rather be close to Kai and the others in the case something happened so she could bust some ass right along with them if need be. As she was passing through the big room, she notices another woman, looking equally mean and cold as Shi is, eating at the long table that usually is dotted with maps and papers. She wanders over and sits down across from her.

"My name is Shihong, but you can call me Shi. I'm new here and wonderin where I could find me a good horse and some grub. I had a horse but had to shoot her on my long trip here as she came up lame due to some bastard attacking me durin' the night. Not that you care, but whatever. So..you know where the stables are in this town or what?"

She knew the woman didn't care if she rambled for hours, but it was nice to see another woman like her in the ranks.And she really did need a new horse and had heard rumors that this was the person to see about them.

Liu noticed right away as a woman walked through the door looking worn out but saw the excitement in her eyes. She gave the woman no hint at all of her awareness and watched as the woman sat and introduced herself. Liu sighed as "Shi" told her of her problems. With a great sigh, Liu set her bowl down and faced the woman. "You would be correct in my not giving a damn but ya I'm the one to see bout a horse. As for food," Liu gestured to the table. "this would be it. And the stables are right down the street. There's a great horse in the stables that you can have. You need it more than I do anyway."

((giving Redbird +2 speed horse))
Last edited by Tinybutterfly on Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arkain Hibiki
Lieutenant

Post by Arkain Hibiki »

Chin glanced with some amusement at the brash young man. Probably thought he was being impressive with all that puffing up and threatening. Just means he wasn't smart enough to figure out that something was up. Chin almost grinned at the thought of the man's reaction to his next comments would be.

Sergeant Chin "So Diao didn't tell you eh? Probably for the best. May be a bit much for you to handle. Just point me to my old friend, and go get your boss. He'll want in on this too, I'm sure. After all, the defenses at Quni will be much tougher then some meager town, and I happen to represent an 'interested party'.
Tie Yi Tianshi
97*/83*/30/69/43
Aid II, Jianshu II, Military Admin II, Raid I, Wall II
Xiao Gau
Major

Post by Xiao Gau »

Tinybutterfly wrote: Liu nodded to Shan, pushed off the wall and glanced in the chest, placing 266 gold in a small pouch. "Thanks Kai." Lin nodded to him. After she took what she needed she went back to her place on the wall. "So Kai, what's our plan? What are we going to do?"
((Giving 266 gold to Tinybutterfly))

-=Kai nods to the aged bandit, who makes a notation on a small scroll.=- "Take it, go secure enough good bows and a stock of arrows for your marauders. I want to see the sky dark with arrows when we make out move.

"That plan is simple." -=Kai says, pointing to crude symbols on the map.=- "We burn that one to the ground. We've enough strong backs to tear the walls down, and that's exactly what I plan to do. Kang has sat behind his walls for too long, time for him to pay up." -=Kai grinned, driving his dagger into the map over the city's symbol.=- "And find a horse for Shi. She's not good to us on foot.

------------------
Arkain Hibiki wrote:Chin glanced with some amusement at the brash young man. Probably thought he was being impressive with all that puffing up and threatening. Just means he wasn't smart enough to figure out that something was up. Chin almost grinned at the thought of the man's reaction to his next comments would be.

Sergeant Chin "So Diao didn't tell you eh? Probably for the best. May be a bit much for you to handle. Just point me to my old friend, and go get your boss. He'll want in on this too, I'm sure. After all, the defenses at Quni will be much tougher then some meager town, and I happen to represent an 'interested party'.
-=Tan stares at the man, non-comprehension apparent on his face.=- "Diao sent for you? He knows about this? Er.. Kai is in the inn. Go see him yourself.. He'll sort this out." -=Lou Tan offered, confused, as he points in the direction of the inn Kai frequents. He wasn't overly worried, Shi would be there, and Kai as well. Should be all the protection the boss needed.=-
Ying, former Chu tracker and hunting dog
Co: 81 | M: 16 | I: 76 |J: 80* | Ch: 22
Skills: Confuse 2, Entangle 2, Poison 2, Saboteur 3, Scout 2, Spy
Arkain Hibiki
Lieutenant

Post by Arkain Hibiki »

Chin almost laughed. But he wasn't here to start trouble. Offering a slight nod, the sergeant moved towards the inn, expecting Diao to be on hand keeping Kai from burning the building down. Still, it wouldn't do to piss this guy off. The whole thing would go up in flames, so to speak, if Kai where to come after him. But he had what the bandit needed, and he was pretty sure they both knew it. He had a good number of troops here, no doubt, but none of these bandits knew anything about real battle. Reaching the inn, Chin pushed back his hood, revealing the four new scars he had applied before coming here, two lines under each eye. His normally unruly black hair had been pulled back, and a strip of yellow ran down the middle. He grinned at the guards and nodded at the Inn.

Sergeant Chin "Diao inside? He should be waiting for word from me. Tell him his old buddy Chin's here."
Tie Yi Tianshi
97*/83*/30/69/43
Jun Shan
Ensign

Post by Jun Shan »

Having heard the majority of Kai's very simple plan to take the city Shan left the inn without saying anything further, especially to the scarred woman, he wasn't feeling quite suicidal enough that day.

As he strolled through the cesspool of a hellhole that was once Kuailang he stopped to scoop a strip of red cloth from a corpse then continued on his way back to where his men had set up camp.

Walking into the camp he tossed the strip of cloth to one of his men. "Red is the color of the season boys, so find what you can, take it from the dead whatever just make sure you all have it." With that he disappeared into his tent.
Xiao Gau
Major

Post by Xiao Gau »

Arkain Hibiki wrote:Chin almost laughed. But he wasn't here to start trouble. Offering a slight nod, the sergeant moved towards the inn, expecting Diao to be on hand keeping Kai from burning the building down. Still, it wouldn't do to piss this guy off. The whole thing would go up in flames, so to speak, if Kai where to come after him. But he had what the bandit needed, and he was pretty sure they both knew it. He had a good number of troops here, no doubt, but none of these bandits knew anything about real battle. Reaching the inn, Chin pushed back his hood, revealing the four new scars he had applied before coming here, two lines under each eye. His normally unruly black hair had been pulled back, and a strip of yellow ran down the middle. He grinned at the guards and nodded at the Inn.

Sergeant Chin "Diao inside? He should be waiting for word from me. Tell him his old buddy Chin's here."
-=The 'guards' at the entrance to the inn looked at each other curiously, uncertain what to make of this. It wasn't like Kai generally took audiences with people, but Diao was a clever old goat, so who knows? They decide to let the man pass.

Inside the inn, several figures can be found. All wear red sashes around their waists, and seem to be engaged in some kind of meeting. The aged Diao is in conversation with a small ugly man with three braids, while a scarred woman leans against the wall and glares at pair. Seated near Diao and the braided stranger, is a Qiang woman in horsehide armor, idly sharpening bronze arrowheads. Lastly, a man of the common people examines the map spread across the central table.

Many sets of cold eyes turn to Chin as he enters, and several hands go to the hilts of several weapon.=-
"Who are you, so bold and rash, to walk in here?" -=The braided man says, slipping a pair of bronze throwing blades into his palm.

He starts to rise, but the aged man puts a cautioning hand on his arm.=-
"Easy Kai. This is the one I told you about. He's here to see you, to make a deal." -=Diao says, nodding to Chin.

Somewhat appeased, Kai remains seated, but keeps his blades in hand. He fixed Sergeant Chin with his cold, dead eyes and considers the man, noting the scars and the streak of yellow.=-
"Huh, haven't seen your kind in a while. Ran into some of your boys a few back, not many walked away. So.." -=Kai says, pausing to squint at the man.=- "... sergeant is it? What deal have you come to make?"
Arkain Hibiki
Lieutenant

Post by Arkain Hibiki »

Chin smiled a slight smile. To cause such a stir with his mere presences was something he had long forgotten, but still enjoyed. Crossing his arms over his chest, he leans against the wall closest to the door

Sergeant Chin "Not shocked you recognize it. Few would, and they've been gone for a good few years. The 'deal' is simple. Quni's a big target, too big for you to take alone. You don't have the manpower, or the experience to take a city. I saw your forces as I came in. More then enough to terrorize any town or group of village you come across, but the garrisons in a city, well, they'll outnumber you. You've got, what, four thousand bandits gathered up here? maybe five thousand? A big number, but that city could have up to seven thousand soldiers, plus their defenses. And you may be a hell of a bandit, but you fall a bit short in the leadership area. Laying siege to a city is far different then attacking the forces at meager town. But, I've got the answer to both your problems. A little ways east of here is a military camp of two thousand strong, commanded by a regional lord from Zhao. He's agreed to assist and lead the attack on the city, offering his command experience and his forces. Now, with his troops, and his leadership, you could take that city, and do with it as you please."
Tie Yi Tianshi
97*/83*/30/69/43
Redbird
Sergeant

Post by Redbird »

Tinybutterfly wrote: Liu noticed right away as a woman walked through the door looking worn out but saw the excitement in her eyes. She gave the woman no hint at all of her awareness and watched as the woman sat and introduced herself. Liu sighed as "Shi" told her of her problems. With a great sigh, Liu set her bowl down and faced the woman. "You would be correct in my not giving a damn but ya I'm the one to see bout a horse. As for food," Liu gestured to the table. "this would be it. And the stables are right down the street. There's a great horse in the stables that you can have. You need it more than I do anyway."

((giving Redbird +2 speed horse))
Shi just looks at the woman and grabs whatever food was left on the table and nodded when she told her about the horse. "Sounds good to me. I'll head over there after I'm done eatin'. Gotta find Tan too..."

After eating, Shi goes and looks at the horse and decides to put him in a stall and marks him as her own, then goes to find Tan. Last she had seen him he had been training some of the soldiers off behind the inn. Sure enough, he's there going through drills with some of the men.

"Tan, Kai told me to find you so I can get a mask. Mind helping me out with that?"

((Acquired +2 Speed horse from Tinybutterfly))
Sun Yuying
Full Pic
47 | 22 | *87 | 75 | 57
Civil Administrator 2, Engineer 2, Politician 2, Public Planner 2, Scribe 2
Xiao Gau
Major

Post by Xiao Gau »

-=Kai listens to the former bandit's explinations, considering his words.=- "You make a good point. I have the strength to overcome the walls, but we have little knowledge of taking on truly professional troops.

"So, what is he proposing? Let this 'lord' direct my forces in battle... and what's in it for him? Does he realize my intentions to loot the town completely, and Liu plans to burn it all down.. along with most of the people. What does he hope to get out.. Meh. Nevermind. We'll sort that out when it comes to it.

"Does this 'lord' of yours have proper armaments? Diao mentioned something about it... There is plenty. The people of Changshan have been generous to us lately." -=Kai says with a crude chuckle. He points with his knives to the heavy box beside the counter.=- "Take what you need.. I've plenty to spare."

((Giving 475 gold to Arkain))