Han Roleplay Thread

Moderator: Game Masters

Regent
Ensign

Re: Han Roleplay Thread

Post by Regent »

Navigating the crowded streets alone, Xiaomi was approached by a stranger asking for someone called Pan Bu. She didn't know what the man was asking about, but it certainly did annoy her that the man stopped her just to ask a trivial question.

"Hmph!" clearly agitated by the question of the stranger. "I've not heard of such a name. Nor do I want to...such a disgusting individual" she barked, while saying something slightly under her breathe just enough for the stranger to hear. "I'm QUITE busy! Unless you want to help, stop lingering around so disgustingly and do so." yelling at the man, showing him a bucket filled with goods.
Xún Fěi zi Xiǎomì
66-28-68-93-60
Civil Administrator II, Confuse I, Engineer I, Politician II, Propagandist II
Chou Yu
Lieutenant

Post by Chou Yu »

Where a simple no might have sufficed, the stranger he had approached to ask the question replied viciously, somehow attacking him for even asking the question, then proceeding to demand him to help her with carrying her goods. Yu was shocked by the rude reply, and would normally leave without a word. However, it was not his style to refuse a woman asking for help, so grudgingly Yu dismounted and tied his horse near a stable just beside them. The traveler looked at the bucket filled with goods in dismay, then proceeded to bend down and awkwardly hug the thing against his chest with one of his arm. The movement was so that his cape shifted to the side, revealing to the woman that his left arm was naught but a stump.
Regent
Ensign

Post by Regent »

"Before you call me rude or disorderly. I am STRICT!" enforcing her statement upon the man. "The walk will talk about ten minutes. Now let us proceed." as she lead the way continuing to ramble on.

"Your name, You've yet to state your name..No etiquitte at all" the brutish woman exclaimed. "I'm the daughter of a crooked official, my name is Xun Fei, you will call me Xiaomi." sighing slightly before going on. "Don't get me wrong, my father is a crook. But I enjoy the money." smirking slightly. "I may be as crooked as him then, If I say it that way." Xiaomi laughed before hurrying the man along.
Xún Fěi zi Xiǎomì
66-28-68-93-60
Chou Yu
Lieutenant

Post by Chou Yu »

Dazed and taken off guard, Yu would soon find himself being ordered around by the woman. With a look of disbelief painted across his face, Yu followed the woman, clutching the bucket filled with goodies to his chest. How could I let myself be ordered around like this?! Yu was the one who usually ordered people around, and he was good at not taking any nonsense from people. This woman however... There was something about her, a presence that demanded people to follow her.

Glancing to his side, Yu observed the woman as he replied, "Ah... My name is Yang Yu." Curious... The woman seemed to have no problem in revealing so much about her to a stranger, "We all have something we love..." Yu replied to the woman's confession. Though for him, his vice was his obsession over making a name for himself, and to be known throughout the four corners of the world.

Then he fell silent, not knowing what to say next. Then, still a bit somber from his failure of findind Bu he said, "Care to listen to a traveler's woe?"
Regent
Ensign

Post by Regent »

"A travelers woe?" Xiaomi sighed, caring not for what the man had to say. "As sickening as it sounds spew it out." laughing as he adjusted her robes more tightly. Before letting the Ying start his story, Xiaomi would ask him something.

"Who is this Pan Bu knave you seek?" Xiaomi curiously asked rolling her eyes in disbelief hoping they would approach her destination sooner.
Xún Fěi zi Xiǎomì
66-28-68-93-60
Chou Yu
Lieutenant

Post by Chou Yu »

Yu grinned sarcastically at the woman's reply, Strict huh? A hard woman this one was, though strangely easy to laughter. Before he could start his story however, Xiaomi asked of Pan Bu. Holding the bucket, Yu gave an awkward bow, "All in due time my Lady," He said, playfully mocking her attitude and disposition.

"It happened only a bit longer than one month ago. I was on my way to visit the King of Han Liu Bang, when I stopped in one village to rest. It was there that I met the "knave" Pan Bu, and his family." Yu's eyes looked inwardly, recalling the still fresh memories, "A farmer he was, but no ordinary farmer. Not satisfied with the life he was living, Pan Bu created a great invention, a plow that effectiveness dwarfs that of conventional plow. A brilliant man, this Pan Bu was." Shifting his hold on the bucket a bit he continued, "I wanted to reward this man's genius and initiative to make his life better, so I offered for him to come with me to the city and meet with a member of Liu Bang's court to demonstrate this new plow and get him hired into their officer ranks thus making the name of Pan Bu a household name."

"We met with the Prime Minister of Han himself, who took care of agricultural matters, and demonstrated the plow. The man was very impressed and rightly so; however he failed to follow that up with an offer towards this Pan Bu, whereas the latter thought that his work was not appreciated, and left." Yu said somberly, "To this day, I felt terrible for what had happened, for promising something that in the end was not delivered. Since then, I have entered into service of one Shi Tong, who held under him a city, several towns and many more villages."

Pausing for a few moments he continued, "My Lord Shi Tong is a great man, destined for big things and holding a lofty ambition in his heart. To realize this ambition however, he needed men and women of talents. He understood this, and greatly respects and values men of women of skill and ability welcoming them to his city in open arms. As the Chief Aide of his army and the Administrator of Donghai, I saw a great chance. I told him of Pan Bu and his talent, and asked if I could come and seek him so I could convince the farmer to join my Lord's ranks. It was perfect you see? My Lord would gain a valuable retainer while Pan Bu would get a better life filled with honors and a decent salary, as Shi Tong pays those with ability well."

Yu fell silent at this, his eyes downcast as he continued with sadness in his tone, "Alas, when I came back to his village, I found him and his whole family gone." It was disheartening, especially after the high expectations that Yu had, "Not only have I failed Pan Bu in my promise of a better life, but I have failed my Lord in recruiting a great talent that would have been of great help to his cause!" Yu lamented.
Regent
Ensign

Post by Regent »

Listening on as the man told the story of Pan Bu. To her it seemed like a short folktale that her father used to her. She hated those. Breathing in deeply Xiaomi let out a deep sigh of relief when he ended.

"Is that so." showing a frown on her face, either in sympathy or mockery of the man is unclear. "We're almost at our destination." Xiaomi lifted her arm to point to the exit of the city gate.

"Even though I think little of you. Thank you for helping." showing an awkward smile towards him. Thinking to herself, she might as well ask him something. "Do you know how to get to Zhao?" asking the man since he traveled here and he might know.
Xún Fěi zi Xiǎomì
66-28-68-93-60
Chou Yu
Lieutenant

Post by Chou Yu »

The woman continued to surprise Yu more and more. Did she really just say that? Yu thought in disbelief. Carefully dropping the bucket in his possession, Yu scowled and said, "Now wait a minute here! How are you so great that you think you can say something like, 'I think little of you.' to me?" Yu asked incredulously, "What great deeds have you done, what feats have you accomplished that you think you can judge me so? I am Yang Yu, and one day you shall hear my name repeated from one corner of the land to the other as men and women alike recall my great accomplishments and heroic deeds! My name shall be carved in the annals of history as the man who's actions were key to shaping this land's fate!" Yu said passionately.

The woman had pressed Yu's most sensitive button, the one thing that he could not handle. She had underestimated and belittled him, and for someone who's driving force in life was for his name to be the most renowned across the land, it was the greatest blow. There was no way that Yu could part with the woman now, not before he is sure that her opinion of him have been mended.
Regent
Ensign

Post by Regent »

"I'm not a person who wants to known throughout the land." answering his question truthfully. "I just want the luxury that is wealth, preferably an easy way than what I'm currently doing." Xiaomi smiled.

"Then get your name written into the annals of history." Xiaomi replied quickly. "For now you are just a low ranking minister within the small realm of your lord? Am I not correct?" continuing to press at him. "I'm sure people will insult you more than I have. Politics are dangerous, one must keep a level head and not be provoked..as consequences can be quite unfair." she commented.

"Let me ask you something. What if your lord sends you to negotiate with another city administrator." briefly pausing to catch her breath. "And if said administrator insulted you, just as I have done...would you react in the same manner towards him that you have towards I?" she asked him. Tapping her fingers against her outer thigh she awaited his response.
Xún Fěi zi Xiǎomì
66-28-68-93-60
Chou Yu
Lieutenant

Post by Chou Yu »

Still no apology from the woman. Sighing, Yu said, "Then I guess, it's a good thing that my Lord is smart enough to know not to send me to diplomatic mission." Yu grinned. "Every man has his own talents, his own place that he is comfortable in. Politics is not mine." Admittedly, it was a bit embarrassing that he could be insulted by this woman. But the long travel with the disappointing ending, coupled with this woman's attitude took its toll on him.

"On the battlefield, I keep my cool, because I know that any insult thrown my way is done with a specific purpose, that is to provoke me and reduce my effectiveness in commanding the army. Your insults do not hide any higher purpose than mere insults, as you do not try to provoke me to take advantage of me. Finally, you claimed that in diplomacy we have to be keep levelheaded, even if we are personally insulted. I agree. However, we do so only because we want something from the other side, thus we suffer their insults."

Yu waved his good hand to his side, "We keep our head level when we wish to do otherwise because something is worth controlling yourself. Even if I could have keep myself calm after hearing your insults, why should I? Why do I have to suffer patiently your insults while I do not wish anything from you? I have nothing to gain from keeping my calm."

Then chuckling heartily, something that Yu rarely did, and said to the woman, "To be fair, you are not the type to be sent as a diplomat either. Too free by half with your tongue." Stretching his aching back Yu said, "You made a good point, as I am now I am but a commander and town administrator under a Prefect, though I suggest you listen to news from Jiaodong in the near future, you will hear of how I conquered the city of Jimo. It will be the first among many tales of my great deeds that will surely come in the future. And then, you will have the pleasure of being one of the first to have know of my name." Yu said arrogantly.