Henan Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

KvChaos
Major

Re: Henan Provincial Roleplay

Post by KvChaos »

osiris

**As you proceed, you can feel a pat on your back.

A little boy of around 8 years old, dressed in custom light armor, is the culprit. He stares up at Xinrichu for a moment, appearing to be in thoughts, before speaking up in a hybrid of a commanding and childish tone. "You are the force residing in Luoyang am I right?"
v3 Wu Ming w/ Xiu Zhi Ni
v4 百家 乐 | Bai Jia Le / Blackjack

@@ Sim-Warlords Warmongers Map @@
osiris
Major

Post by osiris »

Xinrichu felt the tap, but ignored it, thinking it was an accident, as it oft was. Then he heard a voice. A volunteer perhaps? he thought before turning. Once he had turned he realized he should have recognized the voice. Xinrichu looked to the youth even younger than he, and gave a pleasant smile, "If you refer to the governor of Luoyang, then you have the wrong man,"
Linpeng smiled at the young child's way of manifesting authority, he gave a quick silent laugh then intruded, "If you are looking for the man in command of the small army in Luoyang, then you've got your man." Linpeng said giving Xinrichu a friendly pat on the back, "This is Fasho Baipan."
Baipan bowed, then rose, "I assume you are of the Bai clan. How oddly serendipitous. Well, it is a pleasure and honor to meet you, regardless." He said, working to maintain a certain composure, "this here is my associate Cheng Linpeng."
Linpeng gave a military bow. He gave a sort of wan, careless smile and said, "Good day good sir." He said, in a tone that bordered on the condescending, "Can we help you, young sir."
"A man will not give his life for a half pence, you have to speak to his soul, electrify him." Napoleon Bonaparte

Fasho Baipan zi Xinrichu 60-39-42-71-90
Civil Administrator II, Deride, Diplomat, Military Administrator II, Haste, Poison, Politician, Propagandist, Rally II, Saboteur
Age 14
Followers: Shun Xuan(22) 56-38-70-60-45 skills in OI
Cheng Linpeng(36) 49-64-70-77-75 skills in OI
Yang Jian(17) 50-54-58-76-67 skills in OI
KvChaos
Major

Post by KvChaos »

"Yes." says the little boy. It hasn't been that common for people to treat the words of a seemingly 8 years old boy so seriously, so this fellow in front of him ought to be talented or crazy. Eagerly he replies. "No you look different sir. General Fasho. Not the stupid governor of Luoyang. In fact, Mr. Le actually want to meet up later with you in the month to discuss Henan plan, since you're the only army. We want to recruit you or chase you out." speaks the boy unclearly, but what can you expect from a 5 years old child. "Oh... and Mr. Le always says, it's all business, nothing personal." smiles the boy. While he seeminly looked harmless, the boy right-hand has been resting on his favourite short sword that he called Sting.
v3 Wu Ming w/ Xiu Zhi Ni

osiris
Major

Post by osiris »

Linpeng's lip started to quiver aggressively. Xinrichu shot him a dirty look. Linpeng's lip kept quivering. Xinrichu's eyes narrowed. He knew what was coming. Linpeng burst out laughing. He guffawed for a little while.
"Its just- its just-" he said trying to speak over his laughter, "He's got the little sword and everything!" he bent over, clutching his tomach. "He said, 'its not personal its just business' he's only like six!" Linpeng kept on with his riotous laughter.
Xinrichu chided him, "Come on, are you serious right now? Pull it together."
Linpeng wiped a tear from his eye, "Comedic gold." He looked at the kid, "Sorry, nothing personal kid."
Xinrichu sighed, "I apologize young sir. Is he available now? Because this seems kind of pressing."
"Apparently not that pressing if this is his envoy." Linpeng whispered to Xinrichu who gave an aggravated sigh.
"A man will not give his life for a half pence, you have to speak to his soul, electrify him." Napoleon Bonaparte

Civil Administrator II, Deride, Diplomat, Military Administrator II, Haste, Poison, Politician, Propagandist, Rally II, Saboteur
Age 14
KvChaos
Major

Post by KvChaos »

"You look down on Longgaijuzi?" yelled the little boy while lashing out his sword. Believe it or not it appears to be glowing a little. "If Mr. Orc there doesn't believe me I could hurt him a little ya?" exclaimed the young boy, who's starting to attract attention from every direction. However, before he could start anything Le's consigliere Bai Jia Bao already bought some men to the scene. Along the way he had gathered as much information as he can, and there he stood before Faisho Baipan and gave a little bow. "Pardon General Longgaijuzi. He's could be a little hot blooded sometime, and you must be General Faisho right? Please." as he did the gesture some soldiers cleared a path in the crowd for the guest. Bao continues "Bai Jia Le would like to meet with you."
v3 Wu Ming w/ Xiu Zhi Ni

osiris
Major

Post by osiris »

Xinrichu took a step back as the child raised his sword, "He meant no offense, he just lacks self-restraint."
Linpeng smiled as the boy started to act tough. He placed his hand on the hilt of his blade, and another on his bow for good measure.
"Cool your heels there 'general'." Linpeng kept his smile, "I meant no harm by it. You are talk just doesn't fit your age. its funny." He explained, with little distress.
Then a fellow came and soothed the situation. Xinrichu gave a sigh of relief and returned the bow. "Yes I am Fasho Baipan. Sorry to cause trouble. That certainly wasn't my intent. Sometimes my associate simply" He looked as the soldiers separated into rows. "I suppose now is as good as any other time. Alright then please lead the way master..." Xinrichu said, purposefully cutting himself off to allow the man to introduce himself.
Linpeng walked through the hallways of soldiers, "Menacing..." he casually remarked.

Age 14
KvChaos
Major

Post by KvChaos »

Before Longgaijuzi could make any moves, the guests are been lead away to a nearby tavern. They walked through the crowd on the first floor to a stairway where there stood two tough looking men. At the heart of the second storey seats Bai Jia Le, with him are two officers who served the previous governor; Zhungi Xiahou and Zhen Guang. With a gesture he signaled the guests to take a seat directly opposite him.

"So... what is your plan General Faisho?" he said.
v3 Wu Ming w/ Xiu Zhi Ni

osiris
Major

Post by osiris »

Xinrichu thought the tavern to be somewhat inauspicious but he went on regardless. To him, it seemed as if things were a little forced. As he went into the tavern he found a fellow he could only assume was Bai Jia Le. He started off by asking an incredibly forthright question. There was no real formality to it. Xinrichu created some, however. He bowed and said, "I am Fasho," he corrected the man, "Baipan. I would assume you are governor Bai. Greetings, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." He took his seat. Chen Linpeng stood behind him. He smiled and gave a military bow, "And I am Cheng Linpeng."

"As for my intentions..." Xinrichu paused. His eyes shot around the room before focusing on Bai Jia Le. He sat upright in his chair, "They are somewhat unclear even to me." he said slowly, "I have raised an army because of the danger that now inhabits a land. I hope to not have to use it. In reality I wish to aid this land, whether that be here or in Henan. As for whether I am to be governor of Luoyang, well its hard to say..." Suddenly Xinrichu grew resolute, "But what of your ambitions master Bai? Surely they have led you to summon me."

Age 14
KvChaos
Major

Post by KvChaos »

Bai Jie Le almost snickers when he mentioned about aiding the land. Without much exposure to the outside society Le usually assume words like this to be half-true. After Faisho Baipan finishes, he injects. "What do man with power wants? More power, General Faisho. You too know that you'll need substantial power and MONEY to aid this land am I right? If that's your true intention." replies Le with a slight grin hypocritically. "Anyway, you should know by now that not many people have invested their time on our homeland. So what does that tell you? It's full of opportunity for men of power like us? Hence I officially invited you to join me Faisho. What do you say? Nothing works better than in your homeland isn't it?"
v3 Wu Ming w/ Xiu Zhi Ni

osiris
Major

Post by osiris »

Xinrichu smiled a little, and Linpeng chuckled lightly. Xinrichu leaned backward, maintaining the weight of his chair with his feet. Linpeng moved forward and the two exchanged a brief, hushed conversation. Xinrichu then leaned forward, and placed his hands on the table. "Well, you certainly are direct, and that is refreshing these days." Xinrichu began, "Yet, I cannot make a decision of such an import with so little information. Certainly, I would love to work in my home province of Henan, a place I love dearly. I would like to aid a city I have grown to love. I'll admit, even though I value virtue, I would not mind to have a little bit of power in my hands either." Xinrichu paused.

He glanced around the room, then focused back on Bai Jia Le. He then began to speak deliberately, his hands moving with his words, "But the fact of the matter is that all I have heard from you, is that you need or desire wealth, you enjoy power, and you have the talent to seize power. There is something to be said about all that, but doesn't every lord of the land share those very same qualities?" Xinrichu began to speak less deliberately, "So I suppose what I ask is this, what makes you worth serving master Bai? Even if I were lowly, and I had no power, what lures me into serving the Bai family?" Xinrichu could not lean back in his chair. Instead he leaned forward, looking eagerly on.

Age 14