Huainan Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Xiahou Ping
Lieutenant

Re: Huainan Provincial Roleplay

Post by Xiahou Ping »

Ze nodded firmly as the black-clad giant repeated his name. He didn't really expect any sort of acknowledgement from him; hell most people in his home town hadn't heard of him, so how could he expect someone from the other end of the country to?

The young warrior's posture relaxed a little bit more as his opposite number sat back down, although perhaps he was being lured into some sort of false hope; his youthfulness and lack of experience made him think otherwise though.

“Ma Dieu...” replied Ze as he ran the name through his head a few times. “I do recall such a name, however news of the non-local warlords very rarely spreads north to my city of Quni. We are more concerned with the Lords of Cheng Dang and Shi Tong.” Even now, Quni was under threat, yet Ze seemed to have left the concern he held for his home city behind.

“I suppose you're a celebrity round these parts then, are you?” A wry smile graced Ze's face. This almost sounded like a challenge. What a chance to test his strength against someone as well armoured and with the massive size of Xun Jiang. “Well I can kill someone with it, if that’s what you mean. Its not an ideal choice of weapon, but its all I could afford really. I bet you don't just use you're halberd for impressing the ladies, either.”
Zhang Ze 張则 zi měng​hǔ​ 猛虎 (22)
62-104*-33-34-70
Challenge II, Instructor II, Qiangshu II, Raid II, Rupture II
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

The smirk on the giant's face clearly became more arrogant and pronounced as the word 'celebrity' rang out, as if to say, once more, "You have no idea", yet Xun Jiang's fixated mouth remained silent. Yet even more than the small pride to be had in Zhang's own perceptions about him, there was a genuine intrigue, an interest to be had in the young man himself. The self-confidence under Zhang's eyes was something very familiar to him, something he had last seen in a good comrade who had perished some time ago. He did not care to address his sally towards the topic of women.

"Perhaps", he said after awhile, "you would be interested in showing me what you can do with that. I am on the search for worthy men to bolster our forces here, but whether or not you are interested, spar with me. You are a warrior, and so am I. We do not need words to express our language."

There was a serious glint in his eye, and it was clear that Zhang had his undivided attention.
Shang Yu, strategist and miser

Formerly:

Xun Jiang the Black Ogre, King of Yan
Xiahou Ping
Lieutenant

Post by Xiahou Ping »

The smile on Xun Jiang's face gave Zhang Ze a hint that perhaps he had made a correct judgement, although he had a feeling that whatever 'celebrity status' Xun Jiang held was more to do with brutality and battle rather than through acts of kindness. Then, as Xun Jiang was speaking, a smile came to his own face as he relished the prospect of a duel.

"Then, you have got yourself a duel; I look forward to testing myself against you, Xun Jiang." There was a great deal of confidence in the youngster's voice, but he knew deep down that he probably didn't stand a chance. It would be good experience for him though, and maybe he could learn a thing or two.

Stretching out his arms, a few clicks emanating from his back and shoulders, Zhang Ze approached the warrior, ready to be battle.

((Dunno who you want to send tactics to, or if you just want to RP it out or whatever. :) ))
62-104*-33-34-70
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

Seeing as the young man was ready for the challenge, Xian Long Rui, the Black Ogre of Chu, roared his zeal for the coming battle, swung his halberd over his head, then charged forward.

The only difference between this time and the past times: He was actually smiling with pleasure, rather than bloodlust.

(OOC: Will edit this when I get a confirmation from the duel runner!)

Formerly:

Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

Sendith me tactics
Starring As:
The Hero of Xianyang, The Incorruptible Lu Chen, and the Glorious Emperor Kang!
Xiahou Ping
Lieutenant

Post by Xiahou Ping »

(( My tactics sent. ))
62-104*-33-34-70
Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

OOC Note: As neither player has a stated mount, both are considered dismounted from the start... So yeah.

Bout 1:

Round 1:
Zhang Ze HP: 99 Might: 99
Xun Jiang HP: 115 Might: 115

Zhang Ze lands the attack.(4)
Xun Jiang fails to hit with the attack!

Round 2:
Zhang Ze HP: 99 Might: 99
Xun Jiang HP: 111 Might: 115

Zhang Ze unleashes a critical blow!
Xun Jiang injured during attack - reducing might by 6
Zhang Ze lands the attack.(6)
Xun Jiang attempts to land a crippling strike on Zhang Ze!
Zhang Ze injured during attack - reducing might by 7
Xun Jiang lands the attack.(7)

Round 3:
Zhang Ze HP: 92 Might: 92
Xun Jiang HP: 105 Might: 109

Zhang Ze injured during attack - reducing might by 8
Xun Jiang lands the attack.(8)

End of Bout 1:
Zhang Ze HP: 84 Might: 84
Xun Jiang HP: 101 Might: 109

Bout 2:

Round 1:
Xun Jiang HP: 101 Might: 109

Zhang Ze lands the attack.(3)

Round 2:
Xun Jiang HP: 98 Might: 109

Xun Jiang injured during attack - reducing might by 5
Zhang Ze lands the attack.(5)
Xun Jiang lands the attack.(9)

Round 3:
Zhang Ze HP: 75 Might: 84
Xun Jiang HP: 93 Might: 104

Xun Jiang attempts a combination attack on Zhang Ze.
Xun Jiang lands a combination!
Xun Jiang lands the attack.(15)

End of Bout 2:
Zhang Ze HP: 60 Might: 84
Xun Jiang HP: 89 Might: 104

Bout 3:

Round 1:
Xun Jiang HP: 89 Might: 104

Xun Jiang injured during attack - reducing might by 6
Zhang Ze lands the attack.(6)
Zhang Ze's quick shot cancels Xun Jiang's intimidate attempt.

Round 2:
Xun Jiang HP: 83 Might: 98

Xun Jiang's crippling strike fails to land on a vital point.
Xun Jiang lands the attack.(11)

Round 3:
Zhang Ze HP: 49 Might: 84
Xun Jiang HP: 79 Might: 98

Xun Jiang unleashes a critical blow!
Zhang Ze injured during attack - reducing might by 14
Xun Jiang lands the attack.(14)

End of Bout 3:
Zhang Ze HP: 35 Might: 70
Xun Jiang HP: 75 Might: 98

Bout 4:

Round 1:
Zhang Ze HP: 35 Might: 70
Xun Jiang HP: 75 Might: 98

Zhang Ze lands the attack.(2)
Zhang Ze's quick shot fails to cancel Xun Jiang's taunt attempt.
Xun Jiang attempts to taunt Zhang Ze.
Xun Jiang succeeds!

Round 2:
Zhang Ze HP: 24 Might: 68
Xun Jiang HP: 73 Might: 98

Zhang Ze lands the attack.(3)

Round 3:
Zhang Ze HP: 13 Might: 68
Xun Jiang HP: 70 Might: 98

Zhang Ze fails to hit with the attack!
Xun Jiang attempts a combination attack on Zhang Ze.
Xun Jiang lands a combination!
Xun Jiang lands the attack.(20)
Xun Jiang wins!
Zhang Ze attempts to retreat, but is captured!

End of Bout 4:
Zhang Ze HP: -7 Might: 68
Xun Jiang HP: 70 Might: 98
Starring As:
The Hero of Xianyang, The Incorruptible Lu Chen, and the Glorious Emperor Kang!
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

The duel was short but brutal, and even though it was a mere spar, for brief spans of time Xun Jiang felt as if he was fighting a monster, a tiger of a man. Indeed, Zhang Ze, while ultimately defeated, proved himself to be a man who could back his mouth with the strength of his arm.

The huge, battered warrior took a long hard look at the fallen man as he laid on the dirt, wondering where in the gods' name this fine warrior popped out from. The fight was as intense as a practice duel could be, and he was inwardly pleased. Nobody has taken him so far and hit him so much with so much success before, counting out that brutal bloodfest he had with Guan Huang.

"You are a fine warrior, as I had surmised you are", he began, crouching down to stare the younger boy face to face. It was not often that he meets a man as hardy as Zhang Ze, and needless to say, he was impressed. "Perhaps you would be interested in a commission here in the south. We have use for men like you, and you will be paid handsomely, in both riches and glory."

Formerly:

Xiahou Ping
Lieutenant

Post by Xiahou Ping »

The young warrior lay in a crumpled heap on the floor, not sure for many moments if he were dead or alive. It had only been a practice, yet both men had put their all into it, yet there could be only one winner, and that was Xun Jiang.

Then, with a deep breath in and a shake of the head, Ze awoke, staring back at the victorious giant. There was a brief but awkward silence as both men stared at each other, but it was broken as Xun Jiang spoke. A smile came across the face of Ze, although he was still slightly dazed.

“Thank you, that means a lot coming from you,” he replied. Indeed, although Ze was lost he had put up a good fight, at least that was what he had thought. He was still slightly breathless as he spoke, and he eventually sat up, hunching over as he tried to regain his breath.

“Your offer intrigues me...” The sentence tailed off as thoughts began to run through the mind of Zhang Ze. Putting his right hand on his forehead to wipe some sweat away before running it over his short hair, he formulated his answer. “It is a good offer. One which I think I shall accept. You have witnessed for yourself that there is potential in me, but I still have much to learn. With a few months of training with the likes of you, I think we will strike fear into all those who would line their armies up against ours. Even Xiang Yu would be nervous!”

The defeat had definitely not knocked the young man's confidence, and before Xun Jiang replied, he had one last thing to so. "You may call me Měng​hǔ, from now on. It is my courtesy name, it means Fierce Tiger, something I hope is appropriate."
62-104*-33-34-70
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

Xun Jiang's grin widened from a pleased one into a devilishly pleased one at Zhang's words. Zhang Ze was a good warrior, no doubt, but the best thing he had seen in him so far had evolved from his potential into his ambition. They shared the same ambition to kill XIang Yu and become legendary men, which was also Ma Dieu's dream, Fei Lai's dream, and Guan Huang's dream. He would fit perfectly into the force, he thought.

Zhang would sooner find out how all the men in Ma Dieu's forces thought just like him than he would see that wealth and glory he had promised. Perhaps it would serve to strengthen his resolve even more. Offering a hand for Zhang to help him get up, the black-clad warrior smirked. "Menghu, the Fierce tiger. How appropriate."

He has never been one for passing his skills along to someone else, but there was something about the man that intrigued him entirely. He actually wanted to learn from him, and that was something quite rare. Bellowing out a laugh, the hulking Black Ogre firmly tapped Zhang's shoulder with a heavy hand. "Come with me, then! Meet me in Xuyi when you have gathered your articles from Quni, and you shall fight alongside me in Ma Dieu's conquests!"

OOC: Would you like to post in the Audience Hall for a meeting with Ma Dieu/Fei Lai? :D

Formerly: