Jibei Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Chou Yu
Lieutenant

Re: Jibei Provincial Roleplay

Post by Chou Yu »

[For Xun Xiao!]

Yang Yu was not in the very best of moods. Though the city of Pingyuan was theirs, the process in which they had gotten it was not one that Yu had hoped for. Han Guang had ran away from the city, not even showing his face to the army that Fang Ai and he led. Even in his arrogance, Yu knew that Han Guang had retreated not because of his prowess as a commander, but because of the sheer size of their army. True, it was a bloodless take over, but Yu had hoped to stomp out Han Guang right there, not let him roam free. As it is now, Han Guang would most likely soon prove to be an annoyance to their force.

Yu now walked through the streets of Pingyuan rather aimlessly. He had just returned from checking up on the troops, and making sure that discipline was maintained. Almost without thought, he turned left into a tavern, wanting to sit down and think. Unlike in his previous town, people did not stop their conversation as he entered the common hall. However, he noticed a few eyes looking at him, and he heard murmurs around the room, hearing his name mentioned, and that he was the Commander that took over the town. This pleased Yu, as apparent with the smile on his face, but he did not react pass that.

Instead he chose a table and sat down on one of its chair. Soon, a serving wench went over to him and started to ask, "What would yo-" Yu interjected without looking at her, "A cup of tea would be fine. Warm but not too hot." The serving wench was a bit uncertain about being cut off in mid sentence, but nodded and scurried away.

Seemingly deep in thought, Yu unknowingly voiced the things he had in his mind, "Jibei and Jiaodong under our rule...What's next?" He said loud enough for those around him to hear.
Fi Sheng
Ensign

Post by Fi Sheng »

Xiang Zhuang wrote:Fang Ai was not surprised when he heard that Han Guang had fled the city of Pingyuan. Their numbers were clearly superior. Beyond that, though, something about the man set him off. He fled Yan when Xiang Yu removed him from the position instead of fighting it. Then he tried to make something of himself in Jibei, but seemed lost. That he fled again instead of fighting for his claim, albeit a smaller one... no, that was not surprising at all.

It was only a matter of days after consolidating control over Pingyuan that Fang Ai heard of Boyang's imminent seizure. Leaving his lieutenant Yang Yu in charge of the city, he made his way with a small force toward Boyang. Sure enough, upon his arrival, the city had been taken. The civil and military fixtures were still being put up, but there was no time to waste. Those whom he had contacted were still in the area. They deserved their rewards.

Deciding to use one of the open stables near the city's administration center as his temporary office, he sent runners out to Xu Fu, Liao Zun, and Fi Ran, informing them that Fang Ai was in the city and wanting to meet with them to give them their reward.

((The post where you get paid! RP showing up (separately, preferably), and we can take care of this fairly fast.))

Fi Ran was just about to head back to his village with his battle-hardened troops but as he was leaving the runner gave Ran the message. So he decided to meet with Fang Ai in order to get what he knew he deserved and he arrived at the stable area with a few of his top guards. "General Fi Ran here to meet with Fang Ai".
Fi Ran, 15.
94*-86*-46-43-17
Charge I, Raid I, Instructor I, Pierce I, Rupture I, Scout I, Sortie I, Wall II, Military Administrator II.
Major Injury: 10% loss to all stats for any actions taken

Duel Record: [1-1]
Bio
Xun Xiao
Ensign

Post by Xun Xiao »

Chou Yu wrote:[For Xun Xiao!]

Yang Yu was not in the very best of moods. Though the city of Pingyuan was theirs, the process in which they had gotten it was not one that Yu had hoped for. Han Guang had ran away from the city, not even showing his face to the army that Fang Ai and he led. Even in his arrogance, Yu knew that Han Guang had retreated not because of his prowess as a commander, but because of the sheer size of their army. True, it was a bloodless take over, but Yu had hoped to stomp out Han Guang right there, not let him roam free. As it is now, Han Guang would most likely soon prove to be an annoyance to their force.

Yu now walked through the streets of Pingyuan rather aimlessly. He had just returned from checking up on the troops, and making sure that discipline was maintained. Almost without thought, he turned left into a tavern, wanting to sit down and think. Unlike in his previous town, people did not stop their conversation as he entered the common hall. However, he noticed a few eyes looking at him, and he heard murmurs around the room, hearing his name mentioned, and that he was the Commander that took over the town. This pleased Yu, as apparent with the smile on his face, but he did not react pass that.

Instead he chose a table and sat down on one of its chair. Soon, a serving wench went over to him and started to ask, "What would yo-" Yu interjected without looking at her, "A cup of tea would be fine. Warm but not too hot." The serving wench was a bit uncertain about being cut off in mid sentence, but nodded and scurried away.

Seemingly deep in thought, Yu unknowingly voiced the things he had in his mind, "Jibei and Jiaodong under our rule...What's next?" He said loud enough for those around him to hear.
Sitting alone drinking in the corner of a Pingyuan tavern, Xiahou Cao's presence wouldn't have struck anybody as particularly odd. People had plenty of reason to drink, these days, and he was doing nothing to call attention to himself. He simply sat, watching, waiting, thinking, unsure why he had truly come here. Perhaps warfare simply drew the seasoned general, but if so, this insect had been drawn only to smoke, for the fires had already extinguished. Still, war was a funny thing. Its intent was always to bring peace, however it seemed to propagate itself far more effectively than it did its antithesis. With a laugh echoing out of his dark corner, Xiahou Cao realized such thoughts were of no concern to him. He was the Black Horseman of Changshan, not the Insufferable Scholar of Blade's End, he mused with a second laugh. Downing his current drink, he slammed the cup back down and did not order another.

Rather, he fixed his gaze on a man who assorted muttering seemed to indicate was the military commander who had taken Pingyuan, one Yang Yu in the service of Shi Tong. It seemed the battle-seeking Cao had found someone useful to him without trying. He sought war and power, and here was a man in possession of both. Paying close attention to the commander, Xiahou Cao eschewed any type of subtlety in his approach. Subtlety was for the pitiful and the cowardly. Cao cared for the man's reaction, not for his wife's name or his favorite color.

"Why not the whole land?" mocked the stranger from Changshan in reply to Yang Yu's pondering, sending a hush over the tavern's murmuring at the prospect of an apparent drunk shouting out at a military commander. He did not rise from his seat, but continued to speak from his roost in the corner. "What difference is there between taking a city, taking a small child's dinner, and taking an entire civilization, save scale?"
Xiahou Cao (36)
104*-102*-45-77-19
Charge II, Dash II, Discipline I, Qiangshu II, Sortie II, Trainer II
Chou Yu
Lieutenant

Post by Chou Yu »

There has been talk that with Jibei now under their control, the troops should be given a month of rest. and they should focus on growing and development. Foolish talk, in Yu's mind. The force under him and that accursed Fang Ai had started in Jiaodong, and now they have taken the whole Jibei. Momentum was on their side, morale is high. To stop now...

It took Yu a few moments to realize that the apparently drunken man was talking to him in the rude tone. Already in an unhappy mood, Yu was visibly angered at the man's comment and tone of voice and forgot himself, "You ask me why not the whole land? To that I answer back, why not?!" Yu shouted back, "If you think we are satisfied with two provinces, then you are mistaken. I will not stop until my name resound throughout the whole land! And for every child to know of Yang Yu! And I will not stop until the same holds true for my Lord Shi Tong!" Yu said angrily.

After a few moments, his anger subsided a little bit, enough for him to lighten the volume of his voice, "And who are you drunkard? To utter such bold words!"
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Jablis wrote:Liao Zun was just getting ready to leave when the runner caught up to him. Sending Zheng Chang ahead with the army, Zun made his way to the stables. Approaching what seemed to be a guard, Zun announced himself; "I am Liao Zun, here to see Fang Ai."
The guard motioned for him to wait a moment, as he went inside of the stable. A moment later, a tall man wearing a painted white helmet and a damask robe came out, the guard following. He gave him a polite bow and said, "Liao Zun... it has been a while. I was pleasantly surprised when you responded favorably to our letter. I don't believe our first meeting went very well."

He scratched at his beard. "With your help, we were able to take the city. I imagine returning here might not be the most pleasant action, although I believe nobody would question that you have avenged the previous loss you had here. With our acquisition of Pingyuan as well, Prefect Shi Tong now stands as the authority in this region. I pledge to you that we will honor the deal that we made; we will fight to protect you as you have fought for us.

"I don't believe we discussed payment previously. It was in our mind to pay you 200 gold for the assistance of your army. I believe this is fair, considering the time you spent and the men you have lost. Before I hand the money over to you, however, there is something else I want to offer. Your actions here this month and last lead me to believe you want something more than to be a village head in your life. On behalf of the Prefect, I would offer you a position within our administration. The pay itself would be similar to the income I imagine you receive leading your village. Further, we would pay you an additional 200 gold to turn your village over to us."

He frowned slightly, then added, "Don't think that this is some sort of threat. This is a business matter. If you desire to stay independent, we shall do everything in our power to protect you as we promised. However, we do believe that more can be accomplished for the both of us if we are united under one banner."
Xu Fu wrote:Xu Fu and his band of followers had begun their march home. The day was won and now Boyang was securely in the hands of Lord Tong. Xu Fu was proud of his soldiers for showing no fear while going into battle. Though he felt a heavy burden in not providing them with horses. Suddenly a runner came up and announced the arrival of Fang Ai. Xu Fu ordered his men to continue their march home while he hurried back to the stables and sought to met with Fang Ai. He had not seen him on the field of battle so Xu Fu was not exactly pleased to have fought for a lord who's general which convinced him to join was not present. Still he was owed money for his efforts, this will buy the needed horses so he focused his thoughts. Once arrived he announced himself to the sentry. "I am Xu Fu, General Fang Ai is expecting me, lead me to see him."
The sentry brought him toward the stables without any fanfare. When there, Fang Ai, wearing his full battle regalia, was riding around on his horse, giving it a bit of a workout. The sentry yelled for him and he quickly came over, dismounting a dozen yards or so away from Xu Fu. As he walked over, the sentry introduced the guest.

"Well met," the general said, giving him a military salute. "It is good to meet you, Xu Fu. I am General Fang Ai of Prefect Shi's army. Word is that you and your men were valiant upon the battlefield, taking to their supplies and striking down many. I offer you my thanks.

"Of course, that is not all. I have the sum we have agreed upon here for you. I have more to offer, though. I do not know much about you aside from your control over two of the villages in the area. I have heard nothing negative about you in any manner, and do not know your desires in the land.

"With the occupation of Boyang and Pingyuan, Prefect Shi is now the authority over the province. As I said in the letter, we will defend you against any threat against you as if you were one of us. We have no desire to disrupt the local populace. However, if you desire for something more than to be a village head, we can offer you a place within our force. If your valiance comes near what we have heard, we would be very thankful for whatever help you can offer. Your salary would not be what you would make, I imagine, as a leader over your villages, but I am willing on behalf of the Prefect to pay you a sum of 400 gold immediately for you to transition control of those villages over to us and to join our force in totality.

"This is just a business offer, however. I believe that fighting together we are stronger than if we pursue our interests separately. If you do not wish to accept it, I will give you the agreed upon sum and allow you to be on your way with no ill feelings whatsoever. Our promise to protect Jibei extends toward your territory as well regardless of what you decide."
Fi Sheng wrote:Fi Ran was just about to head back to his village with his battle-hardened troops but as he was leaving the runner gave Ran the message. So he decided to meet with Fang Ai in order to get what he knew he deserved and he arrived at the stable area with a few of his top guards. "General Fi Ran here to meet with Fang Ai".
Fi Ran's presence was noticed by one of the guards, and Fang Ai came forward, accompanied by two men himself. He gave Fi Ran a slight bow and said, "Well met. I am he who you seek. It is good to meet you, Fi Ran. I apologize for throwing the responsibility of leading our force upon your shoulders so suddenly, but when I heard that you were someone who could do such a thing, I could not resist. It was in large part thanks to you and your men that were able to take Boyang so smoothly. You have my thanks.

"As for the reward, I have a sum of 200 gold here to give to you. There is more, however. I believe that you are the sort of person who could do much more in this chaotic land than be a simple village head. Your abilities at Boyang were impressive, although very raw. In time, I imagine you could lead armies in near parallel to me, even. As it is, we will honor the bargain made; we will protect Jibei in its entirety, including your territory, should any threat strike. However, I come on behalf of the Prefect to offer you a position within his force. We fight for the preservation of the former kingdom of Qi, which has suffered greatly in the last few years. With the acquisition of Pingyuan and Boyang, we now are the sole authority in this province. If you were to join, I can promise that you will be given a suitable rank, pay similar to what you would get as a village head, and an immediate 200 gold more now in exchange for turning over control of your village to us."

He smiled briefly, then said, "If not, I have the original sum ready to have handed to you at this moment, and you are free to leave as you came. We will not disturb your village in any way in the future as long as you are there to protect it."
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Fi Sheng
Ensign

Post by Fi Sheng »

Ran smiled at him as he spoke of rank and monetary gains then his smile turned into one of no expression in an instant.

"The pleasure was mine to lead them into battle. My men gained a great experience in the battle and have been hardened through it". He quickly took a look round at the stables before looking back to him. "Your offer is.....well, a pleasant surprise and as for it's answer. It will need time as I am one who wishes to see myself improve but I cannot rush into making decisions".

He then bowed slightly to him. "The gold and experience will put me and my men in good stead in the coming months....which shall be when I return to Shi Tong to grace him with an answer". Ran then smiled again and held his hand out. "My reward if you will".
Fi Ran, 15.
94*-86*-46-43-17
Charge I, Raid I, Instructor I, Pierce I, Rupture I, Scout I, Sortie I, Wall II, Military Administrator II.

Bio
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Fi Sheng wrote:Ran smiled at him as he spoke of rank and monetary gains then his smile turned into one of no expression in an instant.

"The pleasure was mine to lead them into battle. My men gained a great experience in the battle and have been hardened through it". He quickly took a look round at the stables before looking back to him. "Your offer is.....well, a pleasant surprise and as for it's answer. It will need time as I am one who wishes to see myself improve but I cannot rush into making decisions".

He then bowed slightly to him. "The gold and experience will put me and my men in good stead in the coming months....which shall be when I return to Shi Tong to grace him with an answer". Ran then smiled again and held his hand out. "My reward if you will".
"I see," he replied. His tone was slightly disappointed, but his expression did not change. "The payment, then." He returned to the stables briefly, then came out with a servant carrying a pouch. The servant walked over to Fi Ran and handed it to him. "I look forward to seeing you again, Fi Ran." At this, if there was nothing else, Fang Ai let him go on his way and he returned to work.

200 gold given to Fi Ran from Shi Tong's kingdom!

((Editing KT information shortly.))
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Fi Sheng
Ensign

Post by Fi Sheng »

Fi Ran turned to leave but then motioned for his guards to leave and turned back round to Fang Ai. "After some though...I will give you control of my village...is the offer still 200 also?". Ran seemed rather intrigued by the offer and was eager to hear what Fang had to say.
Fi Ran, 15.
94*-86*-46-43-17

Bio
Xu Fu
Lieutenant

Post by Xu Fu »

"Of course, that is not all. I have the sum we have agreed upon here for you. I have more to offer, though. I do not know much about you aside from your control over two of the villages in the area. I have heard nothing negative about you in any manner, and do not know your desires in the land.
nodding and returning the soldiers salute Fu understood the reasoning for the generals plan of attack. " Greetings General, I thank you for your words of acalades. The force we dispersed today was not well trained or lead,... rabble compared to what we might expect to face in the future....As for my force we will strive best we can to meet the challenges layed before us and carry on at our utmost. I will continue to watch over the villages of my men and claim those I can perhaps even a town. We will stand as a free army lending aid to our prefect for a sum ofcourse. I will accept our agreed upon reward. The soldiers deserve no less."
Xu Fu (27) 78 - 87* - 42 - 65 - 60
Charge II, Civil Administrator I, Faze II, Instructor I, Military Administrator I, Qiang Shu II, Raid II
Provincial Influence 44, Provincial Bond 86
Jablis
Officer

Post by Jablis »

Xiang Zhuang wrote: The guard motioned for him to wait a moment, as he went inside of the stable. A moment later, a tall man wearing a painted white helmet and a damask robe came out, the guard following. He gave him a polite bow and said, "Liao Zun... it has been a while. I was pleasantly surprised when you responded favorably to our letter. I don't believe our first meeting went very well."

He scratched at his beard. "With your help, we were able to take the city. I imagine returning here might not be the most pleasant action, although I believe nobody would question that you have avenged the previous loss you had here. With our acquisition of Pingyuan as well, Prefect Shi Tong now stands as the authority in this region. I pledge to you that we will honor the deal that we made; we will fight to protect you as you have fought for us.

"I don't believe we discussed payment previously. It was in our mind to pay you 200 gold for the assistance of your army. I believe this is fair, considering the time you spent and the men you have lost. Before I hand the money over to you, however, there is something else I want to offer. Your actions here this month and last lead me to believe you want something more than to be a village head in your life. On behalf of the Prefect, I would offer you a position within our administration. The pay itself would be similar to the income I imagine you receive leading your village. Further, we would pay you an additional 200 gold to turn your village over to us."

He frowned slightly, then added, "Don't think that this is some sort of threat. This is a business matter. If you desire to stay independent, we shall do everything in our power to protect you as we promised. However, we do believe that more can be accomplished for the both of us if we are united under one banner."
"I wouldn't say our meeting went badly. You just seemed...confused. It seems now that you've found a purpose. I'm glad. Besides, I really hated that governor. What more do you propose could be accomplished? My goals may not be as lofty as yours."
Liao Zun(27) 56-42-69-72-71 Artisan, Civil Administrator II, Diplomat II, Engineer, Politician II, Public Planner II