Administrator

Linjiang Provincial Roleplay

Post by ann »

For roleplay in Linjiang.
KongFau
Captain

Re: Linjiang Provincial Roleplay

Post by KongFau »

Wu Zenmi was restless one night from pain creeping up his back to his neck. Sigh, knew I should've stetch a bit more before going to bed he grumble and dreadfully sits up. As he rub his tiring eyes, Zenmi notice a nice serene light piercing through his bedroom window. Curious, he got up and peered outside. Ah what a lovely full moon this night, maybe some fresh air will do me well he thought and thus decided to go out for a stroll into town.
Wu Zenmi (35+1) 85-15-98*-91-24* Aid II, Artisan I, Confuse I, Cover II, Engineer I, Entangle II, Haste I, Scout II, Scribe I, Trainer I, Volley II
Equipped*: Strategies and Seasons Book(+3 Int), Terrains and Tactics Book(+3 Int), Wingyi Horse(+5 Speed), Jewelry Jade Rooster Idol (+1 Int, +1 Cha), Silver Moon Patterned Robe(+3 Cha), Silver Moon Patterned Headwear(+3 Cha)
KongFau
Captain

Post by KongFau »

Unknowingly, he ventured about 'til the rising sun. Ah the nice warm light is always good feeling, having believe to fill with much energy, Wu Zenmi fast walked home for breakfast Shoot forgot to pickup grocery last week he sighs and walks to his stable shed "Hey hey Buddy, care to share a meal with me?" he laughed after noticing a half eatten carrot in the pail. "Yeah I know, we better head on over to the market quickly, don't want to miss lunch either" and hops on for a long ride out.

Closed RP
Last edited by KongFau on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wu Zenmi (35+1) 85-15-98*-91-24* Aid II, Artisan I, Confuse I, Cover II, Engineer I, Entangle II, Haste I, Scout II, Scribe I, Trainer I, Volley II
Equipped*: Strategies and Seasons Book(+3 Int), Terrains and Tactics Book(+3 Int), Wingyi Horse(+5 Speed), Jewelry Jade Rooster Idol (+1 Int, +1 Cha), Silver Moon Patterned Robe(+3 Cha), Silver Moon Patterned Headwear(+3 Cha)
Lin Xin
General

Post by Lin Xin »

The sun was just starting to rise as Lin Xin walked towards Xuchuan, the nearest town from his village of Linzhong. Walking briskly, as was his custom, he was lost in in thought while his sister and wife trailed, chattering away.

The previous year has been tough as Xin contemplated all that had occurred. The Lins, originally from the Yue province, have contently led the small village of Linzhong for five generations, having settled the area as refugees after the defeat of the Kingdon of Yue by Chu over a hundred years ago. For decades, they were able to avoid the warfare that plagued the rest of the country from their little remote community in Linjiang. Unfortunately, the turmoil caused by the collapse of the Qin Dynasty reached even this area of Linjiang, forcing them to defend themselves against an increasing number of bandits, outlaws, and rogue armies. It was in one of those raids last month that took the lives of Xin's mother and father. Though he was groomed to eventually take over leadership of the village, Lin Xin had not anticipated it would happen so soon.

Now, he must set about rebuilding from the destruction caused by the raiding party. The village was in ruins and many of the village's young men slaughtered. His first priority is to rebuild the village defenses which requires skilled soldiers and tradesmen to do so. Feeling the raw emotions pushing to the surface, Xin vowed never to allow such a thing to happen again...at least while he was still breathing.
Lin Xin (32 M) 82-25-61-77-51 Civil Admin II, Diplomat I, Discipline II, Military Admin II, Politician I, Volley I, Wall I
Wife: Lee Ling Da (30 F) 75-52-62-70-52 Artisan II, Faze I, Haste I, Military Administrator I, Sortie I
Sister: Lin Jia (29 F) 30-72-61-64-72 Challenge I, Diplomat I, Doctor I, Engineer I, Faze I, Instructor I
Lin Xin
General

Post by Lin Xin »

Januray 30, 206

Xin smiled as he catches sight of his village in the distance. After traveling across the province for the past 3 weeks, he had grown homesick. Linzhong has been isolated for far too long. His father's philosophy was that no trouble could come if no one knew where they were. Unfortunately, as massive armies fought across the country, they pushed bandits and criminals closer and closer to this isolated part of the world. Thus, Xin realized that in order to truly protect his home, he needed to get out into the world and make allies. People of influence who can assist or help eliminate dangerous threats.

Unfortunately, through his travels, he realized that the selfish and greedy far outnumbered the just and virtuous, at least in positions of authority. While there are a good number of well-intentioned leaders, the majority, such as the mayor of Xuchuan, used the chaos to satisfy their own appetites, at the expense of the people. These were the thoughts Xin pondered as he finally reached the outskirts of the village before he was greeted by the people and kids with news while he was gone.

Settling into his modest office near the center of the village, his people brought him up to speed of good tidings such as the baker's wife giving birth to their first son to the dispute between two neighbors over a plum tree near the border of their property to an update on the rebuilding of the Linzhong Village. Leaning back after the last of the villagers left, he began making notes on the various people he met on his journey.

As the sun edged over the mountain, a commotion erupted outside sending Xin outside fearing another raiding party had returned. Over the horizon came several hundred men with a lone horserider speeding towards the village. Instantly, Xin began mustering what few men were left in the village into defensive positions until he recognized the face of his wife on the horse. A smile began to form on his face as he ran out to greet her.

Lee Ling Da quickly halted her steed and gracefully dismounted into a warm embrace with Xin. After a passionate kiss shared after weeks apart, they finally pulled back. Looking at the men following her, Xin realized they were also followed by a group of women and children, though fewer in number. He looked at Ling with a smile and said, "I guess you were successful in recruiting men to assist us." Looking up at him, Ling nodded, saying, "Here are 277 brave soldiers to begin rebuilding our army. While not the most trained, they and their families are brave survivors and will be welcomed additions to our home."

By now, the villagers have formed a crowd around the group as Xin walked up and greeted each volunteer. That night, they held a feast as a welcome to the men and their families to Linzhong.
Lin Xin (32 M) 82-25-61-77-51 Civil Admin II, Diplomat I, Discipline II, Military Admin II, Politician I, Volley I, Wall I
Wife: Lee Ling Da (30 F) 75-52-62-70-52 Artisan II, Faze I, Haste I, Military Administrator I, Sortie I
Sister: Lin Jia (29 F) 30-72-61-64-72 Challenge I, Diplomat I, Doctor I, Engineer I, Faze I, Instructor I
Lin Xin
General

Post by Lin Xin »

It is March and Xin was sitting outside his hut watching the sun set over the mountains. His wife, Ling Da, came out of their abode and sat next to him. They sat together in silence for a moment before she spoke up. "You seem deep in thought, my love," she said, turning towards him. "What is on your mind?"

With a sigh, Xin paused a second as he watched the last speck of light vanish behind the mountaintop. "The air is getting warmer and the predators will soon emerge from their hibernation. I'm afraid we may not have the strength to fight them off indefinitely." He stood up and sighed again. "It is no use to try and chop of the tail of a snake. We must target its head."

"Perhaps we need to meet with the Magistrate of Xuchuan," suggested Ling Da. "Perhaps he can assist in securing this countryside."

"No," Xin replied sadly with a shake of his head. "I've already gone to see him last month. That man is only concerned with his belly and his coffers. I think I need to take a trip to see the Prefect of Jiangling. Maybe he will show some reason and compassion."

With that decided, Xin packed up for the trip the next day with his wife and sister, Lin Jia. While usually an optimistic person, Xin found little to smile about as they set off.

After a few days travel, they spotted the city walls in the horizon. Finally, approaching the gates, Xin steps forward and bows to the guards.

"My name is Lin Xin, Chief of Linzhong Village. I have come to meet with one who governs this city. Will you see if he will grant me an audience?"
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

Lin Xin wrote:After a few days travel, they spotted the city walls in the horizon. Finally, approaching the gates, Xin steps forward and bows to the guards.

"My name is Lin Xin, Chief of Linzhong Village. I have come to meet with one who governs this city. Will you see if he will grant me an audience?"
As Lin Xin walked through the streets, he observed that the common people seemed poor, they did not seem downtrodden or tyrannized. Instead, it seemed as if many of them were apathetic to their fate and were glad simply to be living in Jiangling. Of course, it helped that Governor Ding Shen of Jiangling was easily one of the most famous city administrators in the Middle Kingdom.

"Welcome to my city, Chief Lin," stated Governor Ding when Lin Xin was led into his audience hall, "What can I do for you?"
Lin Xin
General

Post by Lin Xin »

Cao Chao wrote:As Lin Xin walked through the streets, he observed that the common people seemed poor, they did not seem downtrodden or tyrannized. Instead, it seemed as if many of them were apathetic to their fate and were glad simply to be living in Jiangling. Of course, it helped that Governor Ding Shen of Jiangling was easily one of the most famous city administrators in the Middle Kingdom.

"Welcome to my city, Chief Lin," stated Governor Ding when Lin Xin was led into his audience hall, "What can I do for you?"
As Xin walked through the city, he noted the apathy of the citizens, finding it a little strange, especially considering the reputation of the Governor. It seems like one of the most famous city administrators in the Middle Kingdom should inspire the populace, rather than sap its energy. He filed those thoughts away for the future as he steps into the audience chamber.

Bowing deeply to Ding Shen, Xin waited until the Governor finished speaking before straightening up but still keeping his gaze lowered. "It is an honor to meet you Governor Ding," began the village chief, and he really meant it. "I know you are a busy man so I will just get to the point of my visit. My village has become more and more subject to bandit raiding parties and criminals. We are deep in the mountains, surrounded by forests, but it seems that natural defense does not ensure security anymore in these chaotic times."

Here, Xin pauses as he quickly glances up to gauge the Governor's reaction before continuing. "Just last year, one such raiding party decimated the majority of young males in my village and took the life of my parents. I am seeking whatever assistance you can provide in this matter. I fear as the winter thaws, another such attack will end up in the slaughter of my entire village."

Xin didn't realize how nervous he was until he finished speaking. Catching his breath, he waited anxiously for the Governor's response.
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

Lin Xin wrote:As Xin walked through the city, he noted the apathy of the citizens, finding it a little strange, especially considering the reputation of the Governor. It seems like one of the most famous city administrators in the Middle Kingdom should inspire the populace, rather than sap its energy. He filed those thoughts away for the future as he steps into the audience chamber.

Bowing deeply to Ding Shen, Xin waited until the Governor finished speaking before straightening up but still keeping his gaze lowered. "It is an honor to meet you Governor Ding," began the village chief, and he really meant it. "I know you are a busy man so I will just get to the point of my visit. My village has become more and more subject to bandit raiding parties and criminals. We are deep in the mountains, surrounded by forests, but it seems that natural defense does not ensure security anymore in these chaotic times."

Here, Xin pauses as he quickly glances up to gauge the Governor's reaction before continuing. "Just last year, one such raiding party decimated the majority of young males in my village and took the life of my parents. I am seeking whatever assistance you can provide in this matter. I fear as the winter thaws, another such attack will end up in the slaughter of my entire village."

Xin didn't realize how nervous he was until he finished speaking. Catching his breath, he waited anxiously for the Governor's response.
"How about no?" replied the governor Ding, shaking his head. "I see no benefit to myself for trying to stop raiding parties in villages and towns not within my mandate. I was appointed governor of Jiangling by the Hegemonic King as the steward for this city . . . I have enough on my hands not to worry about some raiders that are of no threat to my city. As long as they are not a threat to me, I have no inclination of lifting even one measly finger . . . and even if they are, I have subordinates to deal with issues like that."

Steepling his hands together, the governor regarded his guest, a greedy expression on his features. "But . . . perhaps if you offered payment . . . some gold or silver . . . or maybe a few women . . . I could have someone look into the issue . . . and even if I feel so inclined act upon it."
Lin Xin
General

Post by Lin Xin »

Cao Chao wrote:"How about no?" replied the governor Ding, shaking his head. "I see no benefit to myself for trying to stop raiding parties in villages and towns not within my mandate. I was appointed governor of Jiangling by the Hegemonic King as the steward for this city . . . I have enough on my hands not to worry about some raiders that are of no threat to my city. As long as they are not a threat to me, I have no inclination of lifting even one measly finger . . . and even if they are, I have subordinates to deal with issues like that."

Steepling his hands together, the governor regarded his guest, a greedy expression on his features. "But . . . perhaps if you offered payment . . . some gold or silver . . . or maybe a few women . . . I could have someone look into the issue . . . and even if I feel so inclined act upon it."
Lin Xin was taken aback by the crudeness of the governor but his face remained respectful, almost in awe. Nevertheless, he had heard enough and did not want to waste any more time with this arrogant bastard. With a smile, he bowed and replied, "I understand your responsibilities are much greater than mine and you must be more prudent in prioritizing where you spend your energy Governor. I regret that I neglected to bring such tributes with me on this trip but will return next month with the proper gifts to you. Thank you for taking the time to see me today Governor."

Keeping his head bowed, Xin silently waited to be dismissed.