Linjiang Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Zimmik
Ensign

Re: Linjiang Provincial Roleplay

Post by Zimmik »

Cang Gui frowned over the mix-up of he and his young brother, but shrugged slightly and let it pass. Taking the brush, he expertly wrote out two characters, turned over the paper, and slid it to Shen Feng.

((PM on the way!))
Cang Gui;84-29-67-86-35/Artisan I, Civil Administrator II, Engineer I, Military Administrator II, Scout II
Items: Sima Fa (Com+4), Book of Maneuvers (Com+2), Horse "Ma" (Spd+1)

NPC Follower: Cang Hu;71-36-88-77-44/Engineer II, Confuse II, Public Planner I, Spy I
Shen Feng
Colonel

Post by Shen Feng »

Curious, Feng took the paper and looked at it, a smile widening on his face as he did so. He nodded slowly as he considered the implications of the paper. "Very very interesting. Your brother is indeed gifted." Folding up the paper, Feng handed it back to Gui, glancing briefly at the map arrayed before him. "It would be fitting if you and your brother could see the fruits of his suggestion. I understand there are others seeking your service though. Would you at least be willing to stay on for the battle? I can assure the two of you will be appropriately compensated for your efforts."
Zimmik
Ensign

Post by Zimmik »

Shen Feng wrote:Curious, Feng took the paper and looked at it, a smile widening on his face as he did so. He nodded slowly as he considered the implications of the paper. "Very very interesting. Your brother is indeed gifted." Folding up the paper, Feng handed it back to Gui, glancing briefly at the map arrayed before him. "It would be fitting if you and your brother could see the fruits of his suggestion. I understand there are others seeking your service though. Would you at least be willing to stay on for the battle? I can assure the two of you will be appropriately compensated for your efforts."
Cang Gui studied Shen Feng's reaction. "So that is your plan? My brother guessed correctly? If so, then both my brother and I would be honored to stay for the battle to see how it turns out. For anything beyond that, we would have to have discussions about ranks and pay."
Cang Gui;84-29-67-86-35/Artisan I, Civil Administrator II, Engineer I, Military Administrator II, Scout II
Items: Sima Fa (Com+4), Book of Maneuvers (Com+2), Horse "Ma" (Spd+1)

NPC Follower: Cang Hu;71-36-88-77-44/Engineer II, Confuse II, Public Planner I, Spy I
Shen Feng
Colonel

Post by Shen Feng »

"Heh, you read me well. It is indeed." Feng chuckled to himself, impressed by Gui's perception. "Though I have not yet shared it with everyone, so you would do well to remain discreet, as we have so far."

As Gui mentioned staying for the battle, Feng let out a relieved sigh. "Thank you for your support. It's just... I'm a little nervous. I don't doubt that we'll win, I just haven't ever done anything of this magnitude." Shan Lue looked over to Feng with some concern, knowing it was rare for the young master to admit something like that. "Luo Jian's come in from Liang for a short while at least.", Feng continued, "With him to serve as the army's muscles, your brother to plan strategies, and yourself to be ready to deal with the chaos in the city afterwards, I'm certainly feeling better. We certainly can discuss ranks and pay once we have triumphed, and I shall be able to spare a good deal of each for you, I am sure."
Bonaparte
Marshal

Post by Bonaparte »

RuffRydeR wrote:Ah, one of these...beasts. Finally... Anshui walks over and attempts to mount the beast, though it shies away from her, leaving the proud barbarian on her rear. Frowning, she dusts herself off and shrugs, shaking her head. I think I will have to learn this later.

The maiden chuckles, as she rejoins Deng Yue, A fine gift. It is not a warrior's horse, but it seems it will do. Still, I have heard of this Shen Feng. He seems a kind enough man, from his writing, at least, but the army he possesses is a stiff challenge. So say my scouts...Thousands upon thousands

She looks at her blade, unsure if it would be suitable for the fighting to come. It seemed likely she would need a sharper weapon, if she were to assist in what was surely to be an even fiercer battle. At the very least, then it wouldn't be stuck in the bodies of her enemies...

I would welcome it, but I think, for such a battle, I would need a better blade, at least...
Deng Yue smiled, and summoned one of his soldiers to bring out a quality halberd.

Deng Yue: I hope this would works out for you.

Deng Yue gives Lei Anshui Halberd +2 Might. If only it gets confirmed in the general market.
Deng Yue, 40
51-46-50-78-80*
Military Administrator II, Civil Administrator II, Diplomat II, Politician II
Items: Horse (+1 Speed, E), Ring of Changsha (+3 Charisma, E)
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

She eyes the guan dao suspiciously, then takes it up, studying it carefully. Anshui then spins it artfully, before bringing it up against the wood of her camp's outer fence with a fierce jab. She studies how the metal flexes, before noting, It'll do. I shall be there...Though it still strikes me as a good waste of fighting men.
Last edited by RuffRydeR on Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
Shen Feng
Colonel

Post by Shen Feng »

It was a few days after the arrival of Luo Jian and Cang Gui when Shen Feng decided it was time to work on his local contacts. That night, with a small contingent of guards, Shen Feng and Luo Jian departed the army camp, leaving instructions with Fan Pogu, Cang Gui and Lu Bi about their destination and what to do if they were delayed. They departed on horseback under cover of darkness, taking a circuitous route around Jiangling to avoid detection and heading west. This would be Luo Jian's first trip with his new javelins, which had arrived from the market in the nearby town the previous day.

Shen Feng has given Luo Jian Javelins! (okay, that's out of the way)

It was daytime by the time they arrived at the barbarian encampment outside Danyang. They tentatively approached the camp, as while Feng had corresponded with the chieftain's daughter via letters, he wasn't sure what kind of reception he'd receive here. Clearing his throat, he called to the guards as he approached. "I come in peace to see your chief, Lei Anshui. Please tell her that Shen Feng has arrived to speak with her."
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

The guard eyed the two men, especially suspcious of the armed one, then shrugged. If they were lying, the War Leader would handle them anyways. He nods, Follow me. But instead of going inside, he heads out and waves for them to follow. They soon come to a rather open area close to the camp...where a few warriors were watching worriedly as a slender young maiden fell off a horse, then leapt to her feet and dusted herself off. Her pale skin seemed to have grime and sweat mixed upon it, and her loin cloth seemed a tad dirty, as the woman adjusted her shoulder guard.

She glared at the beast, stretching her back, and was intent upon trying to mount the beast again. She seemed to actually be able to control the steed now, but had trouble balancing the guan dao. Still, she was a sturdy warrior and did not give up easily. How could she be a Battle Maiden of the Yue, if she yielded like so? But before she could try once more, the guard called her attention, and introduced one of the men. Stalking up to them, the slender barbarian came to a halt in front of them, planting her weapon in the soil.

Shen Feng? You are the man I had Nare write to? She studied him closely, then frowned. No warrior here either, though his companion...Well, that was for later, Ah, you visit me. I thought you had intended upon summoning my presence. But why did you write of bandits...and why are you here? The corrupt governors have been beaten, which I saw to personally, and the province pacified. And who is this man with you?
53-108*-34-81-78
Shen Feng
Colonel

Post by Shen Feng »

As Lei Anshui stopped before him, Feng bowed to her as he would to any lord of the land. She may not be used to such formalities, but not knowing how her traditions would dictate he should act, he had nothing else to go on.

"I bid you good day, my lady. I was not about to summon you when you said you had no horse to ride. Given that I do, I felt it fitting for me to visit you. Of course, now, I see that you have acquired your own mount." He grinned as he looked to her, tempted to make light of her difficulties riding it, but deciding against it. "Knowing that, I might have invited you to my camp so that you could see my army, but it is too late for that now."

"The man here with me is Luo Jian. He is a warrior who has agreed to march with me to the south. And as for writing of bandits..." Feng frowned, wondering exactly what Deng Yue was telling her. "You have heard of the 'Axe Gang', right?"
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Shen Feng wrote:"I bid you good day, my lady. I was not about to summon you when you said you had no horse to ride. Given that I do, I felt it fitting for me to visit you. Of course, now, I see that you have acquired your own mount." He grinned as he looked to her, tempted to make light of her difficulties riding it, but deciding against it. "Knowing that, I might have invited you to my camp so that you could see my army, but it is too late for that now."

"The man here with me is Luo Jian. He is a warrior who has agreed to march with me to the south. And as for writing of bandits..." Feng frowned, wondering exactly what Deng Yue was telling her. "You have heard of the 'Axe Gang', right?"
Anshui was most amused this Han fellow was bowing to her, but she wasn't about to reject the nice gesture. I have. Deng Yue pays well, even if he is no warrior. As for your army, my people have seen you. But I still do not see what you are doing here. Your work has been done for you... She frowned, then looked at the warrior, before shrugging, Yes, I have met them. They are very rude people, though I have no reason to really quarrel with them. Is something the matter?
53-108*-34-81-78