Qi Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Mikal
Marquis

Re: Qi Provincial Roleplay

Post by Mikal »

Zhefu took in Tian Rong's words, nodding. He awaited Qing Bu's response, as well as any others wishing to plead his case.
The Wiseman Cometh...
Zhefu, 37, Male
52-39-62-91-64
Civil Administrator III, Military Administrator II, Diplomat II, Politician II
alexoren
Sergeant

Post by alexoren »

A large grumbling could be heard coming from a large man off to the side that began to step forward. "Cousin!" he shouted out as he looked over towards Zhefu. "I agree with Baihu. He may be the trash of Chu now but let us break him in and make him a monster of Qi! I'll take him down if he doesn't!" he stated as he drew a short sword from his side and pointed it at the prisoner. "He could be useful. Let him prove himself atleast. If he wants to live that is." the large foreigner, Alexandrus, said with a heavy accent.
Oro
Team Pepsi

Post by Oro »

"He would be better off dead." Luan spits, signalling her guard regiment to go prepare her carriage. "He had such loyalty to Xiang Yu, let him loose and he will go for your throat." Turning away, Wen Luan, Tie Niangzi and the rest of her guards begin to leave. "Zhefu dear, I need to inform and discuss with my officers in Zhao. I shall return with their reactions."

She turns slightly, giving a smile to the masked man, before being surrounded by her guards fully as she walks off to her carriage.
Wěn Luàn 紊乱 (26) 60-78-20-74-70/Civil Administrator II, Intimidate II, Jianshu II, Military Administrator II, Politician II
The Theme of Wen Luan
King Tao
Major

Post by King Tao »

Baihu watched the lady walking away and walked up to his father and began speaking in a hushed voice with him, "Father, I refuse to let the men of Zhao decide the fate of a prisoner of Qi. We captured the man, we should be the ones to decide his fate! Not even five months ago we would have been quicker to execute some among their ranks than execute this man... if they really needed to be here to discuss our prisoner's fate, they should have been here. But I would think it wiser to disregard his statement of doing this all over again if given the chance... he shows steadfast loyalty to his sovereign, something we should value. Let him live... place him in Luan under my watch... if he betrays us, I will hunt him down myself and execute him on site."
Kung Fang 78-71-35-68-28 Charge 2, Cover 2, Encourage 1, Raid 1, Support 2, Volley 1, Wall 1

BaiHu
Kung Xian

[02:36] <TGC> I never thought I'd ever say that but, thanks, KT.
Mikal
Marquis

Post by Mikal »

"He shows steadfast loyalty to his sovereign, who wishes us destroyed. Except he throws it away when he doesn't receive the support he feels he should have.

"So, is he a tiger, serving his master? Or a viper, ready to betray that master as soon as he feels slighted? Either one would be a danger to put within our midst. The tiger will stalk for his master, and strike as soon as it is able. A viper, more subtle, will wait until a moment of weakness, then strike when it sees such a moment, for its own gain." Zhefu sighs.

"By his own words he admits such things, and I can neither have vipers nor tigers who do not serve our goal within our employ. Even while watched, this mans perfidy and ambition would cause us more trouble than its worth. Also, by his own admission, he killed the Son of Heaven in cold blood. Such a thing will curse him and any who command him!"

Zhefu stands, looking down at Qing Bu. "For the crimes to which you have admitted, justice must pass through me to you. You are too dangerous to allow to survive... as you are. A normal execution would not be fit for you, murderer of Emperors. No...

"For daring to walk into the lands of Eastern Chu for your own gain, your legs will be removed below the knee, so that you may learn humility by crawling upon this land.

"For daring to strike at the peoples of Eastern Chu, your hands will be removed, so that you may learn respect for those you sought to kill for your greed. May that respect be learned quickly, for without those same people you will likely starve.

"For daring to look upon the Son of Heaven, and destroying him, so too shall your right eye be destroyed.

"And for daring to utter your words without remorse, your tongue shall be taken from you. May your next life prove to have a wiser tongue in its place."

Zhefu nods to the guards, who step forward to take Qing Bu.

"This sentence is to be carried out immediately. Our finest surgeons will be used, both to insure you survive the process and to insure you heal from it afterwards and survive. From there, you will be taken to the border of Liang, where the forces of your King may choose whether you live, or die.

"Those parts which offended Heaven and Earth will be thrown to the dogs, to never be honored in any way."

Zhefu then motions towards the guards, who take Qing Bu away. Zhefu then turns towards his bride.

"Must you go?"
The Wiseman Cometh...
Zhefu, 37, Male
52-39-62-91-64
Oro
Team Pepsi

Post by Oro »

Turning back at the last moment, Wen Luan winks. "Do not fret because I shall return, our grand wedding would be lonely all by yourself, would it not?"

"I am pleased by your decision regarding Xiang Yu's dog. Such a fitting result."

And with that, Wen Luan departs for the moment.
Wěn Luàn 紊乱 (26) 60-78-20-74-70/Civil Administrator II, Intimidate II, Jianshu II, Military Administrator II, Politician II
The Theme of Wen Luan
Kymvir Raemiz
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kymvir Raemiz »

Qing Bu listens to those cursing him, but keeps his composure and face unexpressive. Until Zhefu announces his punishment. Snarling, he fought the guards holding him captive and called out curses until one of them silenced him with a blow to the head.

Later, as the punishments were carried it, it was said that Qing Bu begged for mercy until his tongue was taken.
Mikal
Marquis

Post by Mikal »

Zhefu seemed somewhat vexed. The woman who promised to join him had left, and despite the justice dispatched, he felt melancholy. But such was life. He would still continue his plan, even if the land of Zhao did not fully join it.

Zhefu looked out towards the gathered men and women, those closest to him. He cleared his throat, before speaking.

"This moment represents a turning point. Before, we only sought to aid ourselves, to expand, and to fight Xiang Yu. But now, with the proof before us, we must become more. We must become a rallying point for those who would fight Chu's tyranny. And a mere Duke cannot be such as that.

"But... I am no King. I know my limitations. And so, unlike others, I will not form a kingdom. No... we, unlike Chu, are a true Hegemony. The Hegemony of the Middle Kingdom! And I will be the Hegemon, to mock Xiang Yu and his title, a title we will cast to the winds once he has been defeated!

"With my son, Baihu, and the great Tian Rong at my side as my Dukes, they will help lead the way south, assembled with the forces which will want to see justice done! From this moment forward, we will begin a new era for Qi, for Jiaoxi, for the Middle Kingdom! Long live the Central Hegemony!"

Zhefu paused, waiting to see how the others reacted...
The Wiseman Cometh...
Zhefu, 37, Male
52-39-62-91-64
Krimzon
General

Post by Krimzon »

Yi Guang never allowed himself to become soft, for one day there would be a man who would be bold enough to take everything from him. He was taught to listen to those around him and the the last in every conversation to speak, until those depended on him to show them the way. He was wary of weak men who flocked because of power and he chose those who followed him as carefully as he would a wife. If he had only one skill that had brought him to lead, it was that. He could see the difference between a blustering warrior and a man like Qing Bu. Yi would not have spared the man - putting any man in debt, of all things, caused resentment. Those who cannot win at first, take revenge if it is the last thing they do.

His expression was stoic as he stared towards the mountains stretching into the blue distance. Yi believed it to be a fitting end to the man who had raided and pillaged Wu as King Xiang Yu's right hand. Yi Guang barely thought much of the Emperors murder. A boy. However, he did wonder why Zhefu was so concerned as one who had traveled so far from the west. His brow furrowed as the tattooed bandit was dragged away by the armed guardsmen.
King Tao
Major

Post by King Tao »

Baihu listened in despair as Qing Bu's punishment was listed. He had tried to save the man, but it was the man's own confession that damned him beyond redemption. His father gave a speech, but the words flowed emptily through his head, something him Roman companion, Kronus, noticed. After his father finished, Baihu turned to him and bowed his head and quietly said, "With your permission, I should like to go to oversee the execution of Qing Bu's sentence..." Assuming he was allowed, Baihu quietly left, followed only by Kronus and a handful of his guards.
Kung Fang 78-71-35-68-28 Charge 2, Cover 2, Encourage 1, Raid 1, Support 2, Volley 1, Wall 1

BaiHu
Kung Xian

[02:36] <TGC> I never thought I'd ever say that but, thanks, KT.