Sai Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Brother Dun
Marquis

Re: Sai Provincial Roleplay

Post by Brother Dun »

RoiyaruOokami wrote:Kai's warm smile went out to everyone in the room, feeling rather at ease with this fine group of people. He was rather pleased that he managed to make somewhat of a good impression on Zu...especially thankful for his Goddess's initiative to meet with the people of Sai. "Ah! Terms! Yes well lets see..." Planting his palms together, each fingertip tapped against it's symmetrical partner in a rippling effect. "...I guess perhaps start with a non-aggression pact? 8 months perhaps? Yes...eight is a wonderful number." He paused a moment, letting out pleased sigh at the thought. ~Perfectly symmetrical...~

Noticing he was keeping them waiting, Kai cleared his throat and continued. "Eight months of peace between us, of course it may be renewed near the end if we see it fit. Now the next terms can be optional and you may alter anything you see fit. If one of us come under an attack from an aggressor, if it does not cause the other to violate any other treaty or alliance, they may send aid if they wish. I do not want you to feel I expect you to help me fight all of my battles." He added the last part in with a light laugh, lowering both arms to his side. "No one can predict anything, so I'd much rather us send word and discuss aid or possible joint attacks when the time is right for us both and it is certain that we are not leaving our own homes open to attack."

Looking around the room, he wasn't quite sure if that was good enough for them. Plus, he was curious to what they would like. "Is there any terms that you wished to add in or tweak yourself?"
The lord-scholar thought for a moment and then gave the man a wide smile, "That seems fair enough Lord Kai, I believe a non-aggression pact would serve the both of us just fine. Indeed, it would probably be preferable to a full on military alliance. Perhaps once we have both taken control of our respective provinces, we can expand the agreement we have in place. I wouldn't be opposed to that Lord Kai. And are you sure you do not wish to join me for dinner?"
Zu Yanghei zì 智盜 'Zhì​dào​' (Knowledge Thief)
RoiyaruOokami
Sergeant

Post by RoiyaruOokami »

Kai was rather happy that the man did not oppose his suggestion, bowing deeply before the lord-scholar before rising up enough to flash his own toothy grin. "I think that is a fine idea Lord Zu. Within time, Di will be rid of that pig of a man. I will be looking forward to speaking with you again when that happens. You seem like a fine man if I may say, one that looks very capable of bringing the province of Sai under his flag." Once more the offer of dinner was presented, leaving Kai biting his lip with a rather pained expression. How he wished he would have brought Fei, then the dinner would have been no problem at all. "I can not...Gaonu waits for my return as well as my own Lt. General. I'd not wish to feel her wrath if I didn't get back in a timely manner."
Kai Zoku (23)
47-44-85-39-81
Skills: Confuse I, Decoy I, Deride II, Diplomat II, Jeer I, Politician II
flare_knight1
Officer

Post by flare_knight1 »

Returning to Sai after a few months, Niu Gongzhou once more made her way to the Village of the man she asked to make her Armor, and asked to recieve the finished product.
Niu Gongzhu, 16, Wife of Baihu, 80-95-36-47-40| Qiangshu II,Maraud II, Pierce II,Instructor II

Follower: Da Gan(44) 59-55-54-59-66 Yueshu II, Envelop I, Qiangshu I, Jeer I, Faze I, Dash I, Saboteur I
Redbird
Sergeant

Post by Redbird »

((Open RP))

After settling her things in to her new quarters, Yuying decided to ride around Xianyang and get herself acquainted with the city and its people. Her carriage, one of the many presents from her father, was one of great beauty. It was only right that the carriage was elegant and pretty as it carried a woman that was both. The carriage was made of the best wood and decorated with colorful silk curtains. A well built man drives the carriage, while two other large men walk on either side of it, well-armed with bows, and one carries a very large spear while the other carries a large sword.

As the carriage rolls through the streets, the main occupant watches the city out the window. Every now and again, she has the carriage stop so she can admire a particular building, or so she can write down some notes to help fix certain ones. As it became later in the day, Yuying taps on the carriage wall to show she wanted to stop as they are pulling in front of a nice looking Inn. She was getting a bit hungry and figured the establishment looked nice enough for her to dine in. Her guards, Delun and Liwei assisted her and her handmaidens out of the carriage, got someone to take care of the carriage and horse and then followed them into the inn. Yuying walks into the tavern and finds a table for her and her two maidens to sit at and so her bodyguards could stand near them.

One of the owners walks over, a bit miffed at this noble sitting in her tavern without causing trouble like most do. He walks over and greets the woman.
"Greetings mi'lady. Welcome to the The Empress Inn and Tavern. How can we be of service today?" Yuying smiles at the proprietor. "We would like hot tea for the ladies and two glasses of ale for the men." The owner bows and signals his servants to bring the requested drinks as well as a plate of fruit and finger sandwiches. Yuying smiles and takes one of the finger sandwiches. She looks around the tavern and wonders if she'll be able to talk to a few of the people to learn more about the city.
Sun Yuying
Full Pic
47 | 22 | *87 | 75 | 57
Civil Administrator 2, Engineer 2, Politician 2, Public Planner 2, Scribe 2
Xiao Gau
Major

Post by Xiao Gau »

Redbird wrote:One of the owners walks over, a bit miffed at this noble sitting in her tavern without causing trouble like most do. He walks over and greets the woman.[/i] "Greetings mi'lady. Welcome to the The Empress Inn and Tavern. How can we be of service today?" Yuying smiles at the proprietor. "We would like hot tea for the ladies and two glasses of ale for the men." The owner bows and signals his servants to bring the requested drinks as well as a plate of fruit and finger sandwiches. Yuying smiles and takes one of the finger sandwiches. She looks around the tavern and wonders if she'll be able to talk to a few of the people to learn more about the city.
-=Having only been in the city a short while, Ying wanders the streets, committing them to memory. The people of the street treat the new comer with politeness, and a touch of curiosity. He treats them with equal courtesy, though with a touch of standoffishness. The Xiongnu was a trifle uneasy around groups of Chinese still.

During his travels, he began to notice the rumblings from his stomach. He looked around, considering his options. He had little money, and little of value he was willing to trade. He set his eyes on a fine place, where a grand carriage was parked. Squinting, he can make out the signs and the words "The Empress --n and Tav---" Ying grumbled, but decided it was a likely looking place.

Entering the fine building, Ying looks around, examining the quality furnishing and decor. The inn looked very fine, and the smells drifting from the kitchens made his mouth water. He stood in the doorway for several minutes, wondering if this was a good idea. Finally the innkeeper noticed the primitive looking man and walked over with a scowl.=-
"I am sorry.. sir.. but perhaps you could seek your scraps elsewhere?"
Ying, former Chu tracker and hunting dog
Co: 81 | M: 16 | I: 76 |J: 80* | Ch: 22
Skills: Confuse 2, Entangle 2, Poison 2, Saboteur 3, Scout 2, Spy
Redbird
Sergeant

Post by Redbird »

Xiao Gau wrote:-=Having only been in the city a short while, Ying wanders the streets, committing them to memory. The people of the street treat the new comer with politeness, and a touch of curiosity. He treats them with equal courtesy, though with a touch of standoffishness. The Xiongnu was a trifle uneasy around groups of Chinese still.

During his travels, he began to notice the rumblings from his stomach. He looked around, considering his options. He had little money, and little of value he was willing to trade. He set his eyes on a fine place, where a grand carriage was parked. Squinting, he can make out the signs and the words "The Empress --n and Tav---" Ying grumbled, but decided it was a likely looking place.

Entering the fine building, Ying looks around, examining the quality furnishing and decor. The inn looked very fine, and the smells drifting from the kitchens made his mouth water. He stood in the doorway for several minutes, wondering if this was a good idea. Finally the innkeeper noticed the primitive looking man and walked over with a scowl.=-
"I am sorry.. sir.. but perhaps you could seek your scraps elsewhere?"
Yuying, enjoying her tea and cakes, looks up as the door opens and notices the innkeeper speaking with a rather scruffy looking man that looked very much like the scout that Lord Zu had just brought into his kingdom. She stood up, waving to her guards to stay put, and walked over to the innkeeper.

"Kind sir. I'd appreciate it if you treated Lord Zu's men with a bit more respect. This is not some vagabond you can just throw out on the street...this is Colonel Ying, one of the best Scouts in China. He WILL come in and eat, with me at my table, and you WILL serve him or I shall leave and make sure Lord Zu hears about how his people are being treated in this city." After berating the innkeeper she turns and smiles at Ying.

"Greetings Colonel Ying." Stressing on his rank, even though she had heard he really didn't go by it anymore, but figured it may get the innkeeper to keep his mouth in check when speaking to his betters. "Please, come in and share some food and tea with me. I am Lady Sun Yuying. We are both in the employ of Lord Zu. I am one of his Chief of Officials. " She turns back to the innkeeper and her face goes stern again. "Well? What are you waiting for? Go get some more tea and have one of your serving girls find out what it is Colonel Ying wishes to eat. We will be waiting at my table."

She smiles back at Ying and waves him to her table.
Sun Yuying
Full Pic
47 | 22 | *87 | 75 | 57
Xiao Gau
Major

Post by Xiao Gau »

Redbird wrote:"Greetings Colonel Ying." Stressing on his rank, even though she had heard he really didn't go by it anymore, but figured it may get the innkeeper to keep his mouth in check when speaking to his betters. "Please, come in and share some food and tea with me. I am Lady Sun Yuying. We are both in the employ of Lord Zu. I am one of his Chief of Officials. " She turns back to the innkeeper and her face goes stern again. "Well? What are you waiting for? Go get some more tea and have one of your serving girls find out what it is Colonel Ying wishes to eat. We will be waiting at my table."

She smiles back at Ying and waves him to her table.
-=Ying smiles at the pretty young noble woman. He wisely keeps his mouth closed about the rank, watching the innkeeper squirm. Following the young lady back to her table, Ying sits quietly, keeping his head down, somewhat uncomfortable with the attention the scene was generating for him.

He inclines his head politely when she introduces herself.=-
"Greeting you, Lady Sun. Am Ying. Thanks to you for allowing Ying to share with your food. Ying have little money, travel across China take much coins." -=He says with a small smile. When the serving girl arrives, Ying orders water and rice, a simple fare for a simple man. As the girl moves along to get his order, Ying turns back to YuYing.=- "You serve Lord Zu as too?"
Redbird
Sergeant

Post by Redbird »

Xiao Gau wrote:-=Ying smiles at the pretty young noble woman. He wisely keeps his mouth closed about the rank, watching the innkeeper squirm. Following the young lady back to her table, Ying sits quietly, keeping his head down, somewhat uncomfortable with the attention the scene was generating for him.

He inclines his head politely when she introduces herself.=-
"Greeting you, Lady Sun. Am Ying. Thanks to you for allowing Ying to share with your food. Ying have little money, travel across China take much coins." -=He says with a small smile. When the serving girl arrives, Ying orders water and rice, a simple fare for a simple man. As the girl moves along to get his order, Ying turns back to YuYing.=- "You serve Lord Zu as too?"
Yuying follows him back to the table and sits down, sipping her tea and waving her guards back a bit more. The innkeeper, after realizing who Ying was, backed off and got his serving girls to treat them as they should have in the beginning. She listens to Ying speak and nods. "No thanks need Ying. I enjoy eating with others from my kingdom. I like to get to know different people, it broadens my knowledge. And yes, traveling across China does take a lot of gold, but soon you shouldn't have to worry about that as Lord Zu will take good care of us. "

She eats a bit of fruit and smiles at Ying. "Yes, I just recently joined him. I have been traveling around China, trying to find my place in our world to help make it a better place. Lord Zu seems to be someone that will be good to serve under. He wishes to help his people instead of constantly being involved in war. Not that he won't go to war at some point I'm sure, but right now, building up his towns and cities are more important and to me that is a great thing for a ruler to concentrate on.Shows that his people are more important than his own gains, and I like that in a person. Why did you join him? I have heard great stories of your life and am surprised that you are willingly joining a ruler, especially one that sides with the Qin."
Sun Yuying
Full Pic
47 | 22 | *87 | 75 | 57
Xiao Gau
Major

Post by Xiao Gau »

Redbird wrote:She eats a bit of fruit and smiles at Ying. "Yes, I just recently joined him. I have been traveling around China, trying to find my place in our world to help make it a better place. Lord Zu seems to be someone that will be good to serve under. He wishes to help his people instead of constantly being involved in war. Not that he won't go to war at some point I'm sure, but right now, building up his towns and cities are more important and to me that is a great thing for a ruler to concentrate on.Shows that his people are more important than his own gains, and I like that in a person. Why did you join him? I have heard great stories of your life and am surprised that you are willingly joining a ruler, especially one that sides with the Qin."
-=Ying listens, nodding now and again, as she talks.=- "Is true. Marquis seem to care for his people. A new thing for Ying; no one cared for Ying people. Qin armies drove Xiongnu from the land, and no man cared." -=He goes quiet as his food is delivered by a shy young girl. The serving girl eyes the dark hued man with curiosity as she places the bowl of rice and pitcher of well water before him. She had never seen such a man, nor seen armor of such design.

Ying ignores the girls curious stares, having grown accustomed to such behavior. Drawing a pair of carved chopsticks from his belt, he starts to eat the rice slowly, without any form of garnish. Chewing, he reguards Yuying.=-
"The Marquis may not wish for war, but war will wish for Marquis, to be certain. Too many wolves, not enough deer, so wolves will eat wolves." -=He says, nodding his head as though he were speaking some cosmic truth. Taking another bite and washing it down with a sip of water direct from the pitcher, he continues.=- "Ying serve for chance to learn.." -=he says, patting the square of hard oiled leather on his pack.=- ".. chance to hone my craft. Not just bloodhound, but wolf."
Redbird
Sergeant

Post by Redbird »

Xiao Gau wrote:-=Ying listens, nodding now and again, as she talks.=- "Is true. Marquis seem to care for his people. A new thing for Ying; no one cared for Ying people. Qin armies drove Xiongnu from the land, and no man cared." -=He goes quiet as his food is delivered by a shy young girl. The serving girl eyes the dark hued man with curiosity as she places the bowl of rice and pitcher of well water before him. She had never seen such a man, nor seen armor of such design.

Ying ignores the girls curious stares, having grown accustomed to such behavior. Drawing a pair of carved chopsticks from his belt, he starts to eat the rice slowly, without any form of garnish. Chewing, he reguards Yuying.=-
"The Marquis may not wish for war, but war will wish for Marquis, to be certain. Too many wolves, not enough deer, so wolves will eat wolves." -=He says, nodding his head as though he were speaking some cosmic truth. Taking another bite and washing it down with a sip of water direct from the pitcher, he continues.=- "Ying serve for chance to learn.." -=he says, patting the square of hard oiled leather on his pack.=- ".. chance to hone my craft. Not just bloodhound, but wolf."
Yuying watches the serving girl and shakes her head, then turns her attention back to Ying. She listens as he speaks, and nods her head when he speaks about wolves and deer. Despite the choice of words, she understood what he meant. "That is very true Ying. War seems to be happening everywhere and I agree it will come to us sooner or later. But I have faith in the Marquis. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders, we have good commanders and soldiers, and they all seem to be training quite hard to ensure victory when we do have to meet these other 'wolves' as you put it."

She watches him eat and thinks about the fact that she knows almost nothing about Ying's culture and history and makes a decision to learn as much as she can from him. "You are definitely an interesting man, Ying. I certainly hope you will teach me about your tribe and culture. So many assume because of how you look that you are not worth of their attention, but to me, you deserve quite a lot of attention. You made history with what you went through and your people must be truly strong indeed to produce someone like you. And I am sure the Marquis will give you plenty to do to hone your craft. "
Sun Yuying
Full Pic
47 | 22 | *87 | 75 | 57