Wei Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Choso
Coral Serpent

Re: Wei Provincial Roleplay

Post by Choso »

Lord, you have several guests. What should I tell them.

Cheng Dang rolled out of his bed, his head ringing from the night before. It was still early but late enough in the morning he should have been up and dressed prepared to run this kingdom he was making. Still old habits die hard.

Let em in. Take em down to the courtyard. And be hospitable this time I will be down shortly.

The guard went off to carry out his orders while Dang laid there for a bit, letting his eyes adjust for daylight. Get up… Though sheer force of will he rose from the floor stumbling over empty bottles. He put on some silk loose robes leftover from Su Maio’s rein. Walking around the hall a servant was working. Cheng Dang simply pointed to his room with his thumb

Maid

It was good to be him. At least currently. Life has its ups and downs, and Cheng Dang's has been a hell of a rollercoaster.

Continuing to the court yard, a guard reported to him

You have two visitors, both representing important people. One claims his from the Court of Chu.

So it begins Xiang Yu has taken notice of Cheng Dang. Tell me soldier do I look presentable? Wouldn't wanna make bad impression on the Great "Homogenous" King of the Chu. Ha!

He said mockingly.(Two points for vocabulary joke!)

Finally arriving Cheng Dang entered the courtyard, arriving in true rock star fashion. Servants released white birds, his robes flowing in the wind exposing his chest. His hair scraggly and unbound, and face unshaven. Looking to see if his guests were waiting on him

OOC: Didn’t wanna god mod feel free to see yourselves or keep standing outside the gates.

also Jin Shi I think i accidentally deleted your letter i thought it was recruitment spam...no disrespect.
Last edited by Choso on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Dartagnan
Ensign

Post by Dartagnan »

He gets the message from the guard and shoos him off

Well then seems you have been invited to join our lord...however you men can stay out here yes?

Shoots them a casual non threatening look waiting to see their reaction
Zhao Ning Zhao Ning(39) 75-106*-22-53-53 Skills: Gongshu I, Qiangshu II, Raid II, Challenge II, Yueshu I
Avenara
Sergeant

Post by Avenara »

(A Trip to Shangdang City, Open RP)

Fei bows to Zhao Ning. 'Finally! A man I can deal with! Another commander should be so much easier to talk to than all the rulers I've been trying to get an audience with.' A simple nod to her men will keep them in place and she will join Ning and possibly Su in the courtyard.

Her thoughts about wanting to talk with Ning appear to have summoned Cheng Dang right out of the woodwork. Ah well, better to talk with the man directly, right? Wrong. Now the rather whimsical Fei was far more interested in Ning than Dang. Perhaps Su would prefer to go first? Well she could hope.

With the rather impressive entrance of Dang, Fei once again finds herself bowing forward and smiling. The doves were a really nice touch in her opinion. "I am Jia Fei of the Di Providence. I represent Kai Zoku, ruler of Shang Town there. My reason for being here is simply to talk. As of late I have been traveling the Middle Kingdom, hoping to make allies where ever I go." Politely, she bows again. It causes her ebony hair to fall forward and frame her face.
Jia Fei (25) 105*-73-38-61-25 Aid II, Charge II, Instructor II, Rupture II
Known as The Red Butterfly and The Symmetrical Goddess.
Dartagnan
Ensign

Post by Dartagnan »

I have not heard of you or this Kai...please if you would inform me as why you would want to old broken down men such as us as allies?
Zhao Ning Zhao Ning(39) 75-106*-22-53-53 Skills: Gongshu I, Qiangshu II, Raid II, Challenge II, Yueshu I
Avenara
Sergeant

Post by Avenara »

"Is...that a trick question?" Fei raises an eyebrow at Ning with a confused look. To equate age with uselessness is a foreign concept to her. "Perhaps your body isn't that of a 25 year old, but I'm sure your mind is quite a bit sharper. With age comes experience, and with experience comes wisdom. That is an incredibly valuable commodity no matter who you are." Yes, surely this is a test.
Dartagnan
Ensign

Post by Dartagnan »

Heh flattery is fine, but it won't get you anywhere around me

Walks up to her and stands in front of her

If your wanting a alliance because of age you should know by now age has nothing to do with it. However you told me you are just a vassal of your lord. Why has he sent you? I find it hard to believe its only to build relations
Avenara
Sergeant

Post by Avenara »

Despite the fact he is far stronger than she is, not to mention taller, Fei isn't easily intimidated. Call it braveness or idiocy, she will merely straighten up and lock eyes with him. The pleasant smile she had before has been wiped away to reveal a stern, hard stare.

"You prove my point not being easily swayed by flattery. There are two reasons for sending someone to talk, to scout and therefore to size up an enemy, or to talk and potentially find an ally. Personally, I prefer the latter option. So does my Lord Kai. Your age isn't what was important to me. Besides, a town who doesn't build good relations is doomed from the start. To be an isolationist will work for a while, but eventually the power hungry will come knocking on your door, and by the time they do they will be sure they can wipe you out. Logically speaking, finding others to make alliances with ensures the growth and prosperity of your people as if someone attacks you, you know you will have help."

Then, a smile returns to her face. "Besides, why would my Great Lord Kai send me here to make enemies and attempt to slaughter people? Even if I managed to be hiding a huge army somewhere nearby and completely took you over, how do you think other rulers would view that? Not kindly. Suddenly, Shang Town would be considered a huge threat. Then we haven't just made one enemy, but many, and that is outright idiocy if I've ever heard it. Especially when the other two choices are parting ways amiably, or becoming allies and strengthening each other." Logic, pure and simple, is such a wonderful thing.
Dartagnan
Ensign

Post by Dartagnan »

His eye widened staring at her seeming to get mad

You.....YOU!

Raised his hand up high and made it come slamming down super soft on her shoulder

HA HA HA HA HA! oh my I like this one my Lord

Says looking back at lord Cheng Dang and smiling

Calm down m'lady only poking a lil fun at you

Pats her shoulder a couple of times

Don't worry about anything I just swing the spear around he is the guy you gotta entertain
Jin Shi
Colonel

Post by Jin Shi »

((Was out all day, sorry guys. And that's payback for you Chinka))

The girl was acting cutesy, but Su found that to be quite strange. She was good looking, but she seemed like she was too friendly. Su had been made callous after years of battle, maybe it was just a sign of his callousness that he didn't immediately fall head over heels for this girl. He nodded as he listened to her response, how she worked for some person he had never heard of. He was about to reply to her when one Zhao Ning came striding up to them. It seemed like the front gates were becoming a convention center of sorts, and he looked back at his men with a smirk as the two "generals" chatted it up, who did a variety of lewd gestures back in jest.

Ning asked if the guards could stay outside, and Su simply nodded, response, sizing up the man. He was definitely very strong, and probably good with a spear, by looking at it; it was well made to be sure, probably better than Su's. He was about to comment when the party was rushed into the courtyard, where an elaborate and metrosexual looking man surrounded by doves and lacking official attire was waiting for them. Su was horrified, but he hid an outburst with great difficulty. He merely bowed briefly in respect and let Fei discuss her business. The general then cut in to Fei's discussion with what he could only guess was Cheng Dang and the two started bantering back and forth, eventually returning the subject of the conversation back to the odd looking man. Su was not interested by the chattering, mostly because he wasn't involved, but, now seeing a break, he said

"Magistrate Cheng, I would first like to congratulate you on establishing order in this city. It seems like it has become far more prosperous since I was last here, being a native of Wei province and all. I have come partly for my own pleasure and partly to inquire what you plan to do with your forces in the near future. And of course, where you hire men like general Ning here." He half-joked
Ma Su, 22 | Bio
77-98*-51-71*-41
Charge II, Dash II, Discipline, Intimidate, Qiangshu, Rupture III, Wall

V3:Huixi Zhe
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

With his guests in the court yard some large soft mats were laid out before them and parasol shoved into the ground providing shade, to what Cheng Dang thought was a murderous sun, numbing the assault on his senses. A servant whispered something in his ear, and he glanced a not so nonchalant glance at Jia Fei, and then shook his head no. In the distance, several servants with drums, and other instruments packed up and left, including a few with baskets in which a few pink flower petals slipped out from the breeze.

He then focused his attention to Ma Su. His words somewhat mocking but lighthearted and friendly before turning serious, his demeanor fierce and demanding as expected of a Qin Veteran. There was more to Cheng Dang than an old drunk fool with too much resources at his disposal.

OOC(For Jin Shi Mostly)

So you’re Xiang Yu’s man. Hows life with the Chu? Everything you hoped it would be? Scrounging and scraping, still a great opportunity for a young man such as yourself. I myself gave the Qin the best years of my life. He paused for a moment lost in a memory So Young Ma Su no tricks, you’re here to spy on us here, aren’t ya? Maybe spy is too strong a word still, your primary reason is to gather intel. I care little either way, old Xiang Yu is gonna do as he pleases. You can tell him Wei is under new management. I know this land, I may not be a native born and raised, but I’ve spent the better part of my life here. You talk down on Zhao Ning, but we’ve both bled for this land more times than I can remember. Now we plan to do it on our terms, not Qin Shi’s, not Zhang Han’s, and certainly not Xiang Yu’s if you got a sales pitch for the Chu a brewin.

OOC: Its weird having two conversations at once, in this instance normally I wouldn’t think Cheng and Jia wouldn’t have time to get in words still for time’s sake This part is directed towards Avenara we can pretend it happens at separate time than Cheng’s and Ma’s convo if need be.

Directing his attention to the lovely Jia Fei, relaxed and looking like a well kept bum in fancy robes he flashed a smile

So your lord is looking to make allies? I think he sent the perfect person for the job. Tell me your story, tell me about this Kai Zoku, and this villain Huang Fu. I can’t say we here in Wei keep up on current events.