Wei Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Avenara
Sergeant

Re: Wei Provincial Roleplay

Post by Avenara »

Fei will sit down beside him, arranging her dress so it falls symmetrically out of habit. Her Lord rather likes things to look perfectly symmetrical. While she does this she shakes her head. "He didn't hand out proof, and why would he? The word of mouth would be bad enough without proof in his own handwriting." She giggles at the idea of someone handing out that kind of proof to strangers. Her opinion of the man really would've tanked at that point. It was already fairly poor to begin with.

"You can imagine my Lord and I were fairly startled by his claims as well. The fact that he gestured towards the foreigners and they did indeed look foreign was all the proof I needed that he was telling the truth about harboring them at least. The way he is expanding so quickly through Qi makes me believe the rest of what he said as well. He says he is doing this all for peace, that Xiang Yu is too blood thirsty, but what he doesn't realize is he is being just as blood thirsty overtaking town after town, village after villager with no thought for their rulers. What he spoke of what just a...a..." Fei blushes and coughs into her hand. "Pardon the term but, a load of crap." Then she giggles with amusement at having said something so "vulgar".

"A young man named Bai Rui from the Yi clan challenged him openly at the banquet. He didn't like the idea of Zhefu's plan at all and thought him extremely foolish. That was my own opinion as well." A pair of men bartering over rice catches Fei's eye, but they aren't much more than entertainment at this point. "I had an opportunity to talk with him fairly soon after as he traveled to my own Providence of Di. While frail of body, he was extremely intelligent and forward thinking. I had wished for him to join my Lord and I as an adviser but his word to the Yi clan made that impossible."
Jia Fei (25) 105*-73-38-61-25 Aid II, Charge II, Instructor II, Rupture II
Known as The Red Butterfly and The Symmetrical Goddess.
Jin Shi
Colonel

Post by Jin Shi »

Ma Su nodded in understanding. From everything so far, Zhefu sounded pretty brazen with his actions, and the idea of pamphlets being distributed wasn't too far-fetched, but alas, he hadn't been that stupid. While Fei had quite a time saying "crap", it hardly made a ding on Su, hardly noticing it until he looked at her fidgeting so, and he smiled in response. He had been around and used far worse language on the battlefield; she had obviously been sheltered from such things, despite claiming being able to lead men. Perhaps she hadn't been in a major battle, he thought to himself.

She spoke of some man named Bai Rui. While he had faintly heard the name before, he didn't really know who he was. As a way to treat the lady for the help she had given so far, he waved down a traveling fruit merchant and bought a couple apples, giving one to Fei and one for himself.
"Indeed, indeed..." he said, taking a bite. "This Bai Rui sounds like he is of strong character. You say he is already attached to the Yi clan? I would want that man to work with me as did you." He paused and took another bite. Chewing it down quickly so he could speak again, he said "Of your lord Zoku, what is he like? You sound like you are fond of him?" he smiled a friendly smile.
Ma Su, 22 | Bio
77-98*-51-71*-41
Charge II, Dash II, Discipline, Intimidate, Qiangshu, Rupture III, Wall

V3:Huixi Zhe
Avenara
Sergeant

Post by Avenara »

Taking the offered apple, Fei looks at it more than eats it. That is because she is going to talk and wouldn't want to disgust him by speaking with her mouth full. "He is very kind to his people. It is why I follow him as I do. To enter a town as I did, and find the Lord walking among his people and being smiled at, even waved to was such a beautiful thing to behold. His peasants actually liked him, because he is good to them. They have plenty to eat and even some spending money which is more than most townsmen can say. When the town was given to him originally, it was barely a ghost of a town. The people starved, at least the ones too poor to leave. He changed that. His dream is one towards peace, and he has created a small slice of it in Shang Town. I feel such pride fighting for him." Her warm brown eyes hold quite a bit of affection for the one she calls Lord and Master. However her bright smile starts to fade a little bit.

"Sadly, there is one in Di who has set his eyes on our Utopia. A man by the name Huang Fu has captured all the towns and villages around us as well as one city. He has made no attempt at hiding that we are next." Her lips tighten together and Fei begins to look very determined. "That is why I have been traveling around and looking for allies. I can't just sit back and wait for him to attack. If no one will help us, that is fine too, but I will at the very least attempt to rally some Lords to our aid. Should I fail, I will hold my head up high and fight to my last breath for my Lord and his dream." The talk has become serious enough that the lovely woman realizes she has completely killed the mood and blushes. "Ah, but, you will have to worry about your own up and coming battles." With that, she takes a bite of her apple. Knowing she went off on a complete tirade in front of a stranger like this is rather embarrassing.
Jin Shi
Colonel

Post by Jin Shi »

Ma Su smiled and frowned as Fei's story progressed. Indeed, it did sound quite nice in this little town of theirs. It was a shame that this Huang Fu was so greedy. "Surely he doesn't care for a little town such as yours that much? Have you tried reasoning with him to let yourselves stay independent?" He thought of how he might be able to help. After a few moments, he said "Taking Lord Cheng's refusal to be just that... I don't know of anyone else nearby who could help you." He said with a look of quiet sadness on his face. "I know my colleague, General Ying Ranzhen, resides in the province of Hann and is currently pacifying it. I don't believe he would be able to send troops as far north as Di I'm afraid, and for such a small cause..." He said with perfect frankness.

"My own battles will be different to be sure... but I suspect I won't have as hard a time winning mine as you will with yours." Fei had ruined the happy mood, but Su was sincerely trying to empathize and help her regardless. "My advice is that you convince him it won't be worth it to try and take your town, and to avoid instigating violence. But in the event that your town is taken, feel free to come see me and I'll offer your friends shelter, at least for a while."
Ma Su, 22 | Bio
77-98*-51-71*-41

Avenara
Sergeant

Post by Avenara »

She chuckles, having expected him to say what everyone else has so far. "I don't think it would help to talk with him, but I suppose I have tried everything else, haven't I? I must admit I didn't expect anyone to ally with us being that we are so small. It isn't over until it is over. Simple as that." She takes another bite of the apple and gazes up at the sky that is starting to lose its light. The air is starting to feel a little cool, but not enough to bother either of them. "Besides, if you don't fight for your dream, no one will, right?"

This is the way the world works. The strong fight amongst themselves and the weak are usually collateral damage. Everyone else has their own issues and making enemies with someone that could very well be stronger than them just to protect the weak isn't smart. Those who write stories, would use Fei and her Lord Zoku as a tool to enhance the true tale of strong men around them. Sometimes, that is just how things go, but Fei herself hasn't given up just yet. She still has a lot of fight left in her, and a few no's from those around her won't make that change.

A breeze kicks up and tosses Fei's hair around, making her have to fix it and her dress again to appear symmetrical. "With a little luck, next time you see me won't be because my Lord has lost the town he loves. It will be because he has become impressive enough that you are checking in on him much as you did Dang." She giggles and winks at him, cheerful even when she shouldn't be.
Jin Shi
Colonel

Post by Jin Shi »

Su nodded, she was right, the only person who looked out for you all the time was yourself. Even your closest kin could never be fully relied on all the time. Su didn't even notice the air starting to cool, the heat from the day having been caught in air pockets throughout his armor. He looked at Fei as she readjusted her dress, and thought it to be somewhat odd that she was always trying to make things net and tidy. He chuckled at her last comment and replied "It would be good to have such people in high stature in this world." in a sincere tone.

Recognizing it was getting windy, he rose, and offered his hand.
"We should get a place to rest for the night before it gets any darker." Even though she was supposedly a military commander, she should be treated like a lady, Su thought.
Ma Su, 22 | Bio
77-98*-51-71*-41

Avenara
Sergeant

Post by Avenara »

She smiles brightly and takes it. The amusing part about this is she comes from very poor roots, so for her it is something special to be treated respectfully. Once standing, she slips an arm around his own provided he doesn't move away. "You're right. There is no need to catch cold when there are perfectly good rooms waiting for us at the kind Cheng Dang's home. The question becomes, are we brave enough to take them and sleep?" She giggles a little, amused at the thought of an assassin waiting for her to fall asleep. Although to be blunt that is not the most rare of things among politicians.
Jin Shi
Colonel

Post by Jin Shi »

Though an orphan, Ma Su had inherited a small family fortune when his father never came back home from campaign. His servants suggested he take classes on being courtly, and, remarkably, he agreed, thus leading to his knowledge of politeness and courtliness. Of course, the class only lasted a few months, so Su is a little rough around the edges, but he makes do. He let her take his arm, and they proceeded to walk back towards the guest quarters at the castle.

"We'll take them by force if need be. In the name of the Hegemonic King." He half-joked, a smile on his face. It would be quite foolish to make an attempt on an Imperial general's life, and if Jia Fei were attacked that would involve Cheng Dang in the Shang-Huang Fu conflict, something he probably wouldn't want. So it'd probably be safe Su thought. "Imagine what your lord would think of me, letting you get sick. I don't want to establish a bad reputation."

So they walked along back to the castle, looking as shops were closing and people were going home for the day. The sun and moon were both visible, as if they were exchanging hellos going to and from work. "I miss this simpler life sometimes, especially on days like this. The high court intrigue takes a lot out of you." He mused.
Ma Su, 22 | Bio
77-98*-51-71*-41

Avenara
Sergeant

Post by Avenara »

"From my experience with you, I really don't think you could possibly get a bad reputation." Fei giggles a little, her eyes set on the moon that reigns over night and shady business. Ah, the good life of a peasant. Where the only ones who wants to kill you are starvation and sickness. Those enemies you could at least see coming. As for assassins and politicians, they preferred a shroud of secrecy.

"Never knowing who to trust or if your bed will be safe or hiding a trap...I prefer the battlefield all around. Some might say it were safer. The life of a peasant toiling the land far safer still. Those peasants need a champion to keep it that way. That is where you and I come in. Even though the road is rockier for us, we are needed and depended on. Our lives traded for their security. Maybe I'm just young and starry eyed, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I would much prefer a brief life as the wall that defends those I love, than a long one watching them suffer and die." Never one to worry or fear death, Fei suddenly points out to their right. "Aren't they adorable?"

The scene before them is of a young man offering a flower to a young girl. No doubt they should be getting home not staying out late and worrying their parents. They are both blushing and shy, and the perfect example of what Fei was talking about. Without Su and Fei, meetings like this wouldn't even be possible. The young man would either be trying to fight more ambitious people just to survive, and the young woman could be in a far worse situation. Yet here they are, in love, without a care beyond the scolding they will get if they don't get back to their respective families. This is what Su and Fei fight for, what every good commander or soldier fights for, peace.
Jin Shi
Colonel

Post by Jin Shi »

Su chuckled very lightly as she spoke of his reputation. "If you only knew", he thought. If she were at court to see what damage he could do just by saying a few words... He was not a politician, he hadn't learned to cover his words well, but he was trying to learn. He listened quietly as she spoke about their duty as leaders. An interesting approach, he thought to himself, though foolhardy.

This is where their paths diverged, it seemed. Su had started out the way she was now, a local protector of his village and the Wei countryside, but he knew that having a few close friends just wasn't going to ensure stability in Wei or anywhere else. He joined forces with the Chu, despite his Qin background, because he knew it would be them who would bring the bandit raids to an end, at least for a short while. He made sacrifices, compromised, and is now where he is now, able to destroy those who wished to destroy the little towns like Shang that wanted to be peaceful. He looked at the girl and boy exchanging looks and items of devotion, and looked on them sadly. In all reality that boy was going to be conscripted by Cheng Dang, and the girl would probably wait for him and work at a tavern while she did. Yet there were moments that things like this were possible, that was true.

"A brief life defending what you love will not save your loved ones. Compromises must be made for the greater good sometimes. That peace you speak of is not the same peace I do. Sometimes the bad guys win, and glory will not protect our loved ones when we are defeated."
Ma Su, 22 | Bio
77-98*-51-71*-41