Yan Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Oro
Team Pepsi

Re: Yan Provincial Roleplay

Post by Oro »

[Failak]

Lowering her head once more, she gets straight to the point. "I have recently gained power in the town of Yongzi and I wish to ask some advice, as in... how to relate to the people... I don't know where to stand regarding them..."
Wěn Luàn 紊乱 (26) 60-78-20-74-70/Civil Administrator II, Intimidate II, Jianshu II, Military Administrator II, Politician II
The Theme of Wen Luan
Meia
Sergeant

Post by Meia »

Oro wrote:[Team Oro~]

The ones that could come, were called to the main building of Yongzi, where they would be let in to the main hall on arrival. Inside was the average look that this era had, with a few guards standing around the room, chatting amongst one another. Chatting to some guards was the woman that had called them all together, known as Pyu Pyu to her friends and Wen Luan to anyone else. She wore the same attire she always wears, with her sleeves connected at the back and the flower hairpin atop her head, her long dress skimming the ground.

There she waited, while her plans came together.
A young woman rode to Yongzi's main building on brown mare. She tugged the reins, signaling the horse the stop. Then carefully she slid off her ride, her thick cotton and fur dress almost fully covering her, save a part of her face. Pulling the high collar to expose her mouth, she spoke to guards rather nervously, "Hi. I er.. I have a missive regarding a meeting with Wen Luan." There was a short pause for her to think of something more to say. "..My name is Ding Yi, representative of Bayi village." She pulled out a neatly folded letter as proof.
Lady Ding Yi--丁 怡 age 25, the (EX!) PC ^_^v and future Queen of Yan
78-72-47-77-54
Civil Administrator II, Discipline 3, Gongshu I, Military Administrator I, Propagandist 3*, Public Planner I, Sortie II, Wall I, Yueshu I
Equipment: none
785 gold
Bio/Char Description
JG Chan
Officer

Post by JG Chan »

Phailak wrote:Lai ignored the cold and rubbed his chin.

"Travelling doctor huh? Well, that would match my description as well, though I'd be more the travelling Scribe. I have some business in Qi for a while, but perhaps you and I can form some kind of partnership?"

It was obvious Lai had something specific in mind and was only exploring if them working together was possible or not.
"Partnership?" Shu'er blinked at the man, wondering what he might mean by his proposal. "How do you mean, exactly?" Her eyes suddenly brightened. "Are you going to help me catalogue herbs? That would be wonderful! I have some notes, myself, but they're still pretty basic and incomplete. Ah...but I'm not really in a position to pay for that kind of help..."
Yue Dingtian 岳顶天 (60)
84-86-45-60-38
Charge, Dash II, Discipline II, Faze II, Instructor II, Intimidate, Qiangshu, Raid II, Wall
Tu Shu'er 屠淑儿
Wild Wolf
Officer

Post by Wild Wolf »

[Oro or Tzar]

The winter was coming to an end, yet for the northern region of Yan it seemed as if it were endless. It would have been warm and much more comfortable were she in her hometown to the south. She walked on for days, having no real destination in mind, covering herself from the cold air with all of the leather she could skin off the wild creatures and her blade held tight on her hand. She was almost not conscious enough to realize that she had been walking for a very long time due to the state between life and death she was in, and were she to be aware of her surroundings she would have realized she was lost in a land unknown to her. Coupled with the poor footwear she had and the rough cold ground beneath her, she slowly began to bleed through her feet as she walked on aimlessly.

After many weeks of hard and half-conscious traveling, she suddenly stopped for a moment as she heard a very familiar sound coming from up ahead. Her vision, originally blurry and downright useless, slowly began to repair itself, starting to show a few of the images that lay in front of her. By the time her sight was healed, she could see why she had stopped in the first place and why it seemed like she was in a familiar place despite being lost. She was at the beach... where it was she knew nothing of. All she knew is that she felt a sense of happiness and nostalgia at the same time simply by hearing the sound of the waves crashing into the coast and the smell of the marine air.

She started to walk slowly toward the beach to get a better look of it, her feet bleeding even more as they came into contact with the sandy ground, leaving bloodstained footprints whenever she took another step. Focusing her almost-healed sight she noticed that it was almost dawn, the rising of the sun almost hurting her recently healed eye. She took a deep breath and thought of it as if she had returned home. Or better yet, if she was still home and none of this had ever happened to her at all.

As her feet started to feel the pain she was really in and her legs began to tire after the long hard journey, she walked near the first palm tree she could find and sat under its shade, as she continued to look at the rising of the sun on the distance. She rested her back on the tree's trunk and closed her eye, and for the first time on a very long time, she loosened her grip on her weapon and let it fall on the sandy ground beside her.
Finally... peace... I can die away from it all... she whispered to herself as she forced herself to sleep. She had no intentions of ever moving or getting up from the spot she lay on, knowing full well that it would be her final resting place, and that it was unlikely that anyone would find her there.
Tiě Niángzi (铁娘子) zi Pòjiàn (破剑) of the Southern Coast, born in 230 BC
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Oro wrote:[Failak]

Lowering her head once more, she gets straight to the point. "I have recently gained power in the town of Yongzi and I wish to ask some advice, as in... how to relate to the people... I don't know where to stand regarding them..."
Zhou Zhuo saw this as a form of flattery and so he suddenly looked like he was interested.

"Advice? From me? Well I cannot say I am the most popular person amongst the people, ah, I have more important things to consider than their feelings. I will be blunt, relate to your people only when you need something, else they might come to... well expect something of you."

Zhuo rose, placing his hands behind his back.

"Take you for example. Surely you cannot be content with leading some small town around here? Hmmm? Now perhaps I'd be worried about you as a competitor, but how can I be since this is only a stepping stone for myself for greater things. Perhaps if you play your cards right, you may ride upon my success."

The governor goes on to relate some past minor successes that he embellishes and likely exaggerates upon. He gets lost into his days of fighting and courage. Actually , he can go on forever if not interrupted...
JG Chan wrote:
Phailak wrote:Lai ignored the cold and rubbed his chin.

"Travelling doctor huh? Well, that would match my description as well, though I'd be more the travelling Scribe. I have some business in Qi for a while, but perhaps you and I can form some kind of partnership?"

It was obvious Lai had something specific in mind and was only exploring if them working together was possible or not.
"Partnership?" Shu'er blinked at the man, wondering what he might mean by his proposal. "How do you mean, exactly?" Her eyes suddenly brightened. "Are you going to help me catalogue herbs? That would be wonderful! I have some notes, myself, but they're still pretty basic and incomplete. Ah...but I'm not really in a position to pay for that kind of help..."
Lai raised an eyebrow.

"No. I was speaking more in terms of customer base. Perhaps your customers or mine would have a need for other services? Someone that needs medical attention might perhaps need some literal work done? Same on my end? We could work out a reference fee or something, seeing as both of us are likely to travel and meet many contacts."

Passing his hand over his hair, Lai paused.

"Right now, I have intentions of setting up for some time in Qi. My instincts speak to me of great things to come in Qi, lots of potential there. Despite my scholar background, I am foremost a man of... war. It seems to follow me wherever I go. I have yet to commit any loyalties to any Lord, preferring to have the freedom needed to exercise my influence where I believe it is needed most. You want patients? Follow me around, I'm like the plague."

Lai laughed at this, as if sharing an old inside joke with well... himself. He often did pass as an odd individual. He suddenly looked up to see if perhaps he had lost his companion in his blabbering....
JG Chan
Officer

Post by JG Chan »

Phailak

He almost did.

Shu'er was still there, but the gaze she directed at Fei Lai was more serious and subdued. "I see...perhaps I will end up following you around then, Master Fei, but I'm afraid I'll have to decline on your offer." She smiled at him. "You see, it's not like I want more patients for the sake of my practice, and I charge what I do only so I can continue on like this and improve myself. Anymore than that, and..." She shook her head, then her smile brightened to its previous level. "But anyways, if you want, I don't mind mentioning your name if I ever meet anyone in need of a scribe. I mean, those bamboo strips are hard enough to find in some places, so I'm sure you'll get plenty of customers."
Yue Dingtian 岳顶天 (60)
84-86-45-60-38
Charge, Dash II, Discipline II, Faze II, Instructor II, Intimidate, Qiangshu, Raid II, Wall
Tu Shu'er 屠淑儿
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Lai bowed.

"That is more than fair. I'll be in Qi if you change your mind or find someone interested in my work. I'll send word if I move around or need some assistance."

The way he lingered on the last word indicated he believed he would. As he left, he rotated his shoulders as if he could shake off the cold.
Tzar DwL
Ensign

Post by Tzar DwL »

Team Oro~

Just a few days late. Well, Qiao Sen was never fond of being late, in fact she was quite a punctual girl. However, she was in no where near a rush Pyu was in to arrive in this place; she merely bade that she go on and they'll catch up from there. Qiao Sen was usually one to busy herself, there were never too many books to ready, nor too many things to have learned. During the majority of the day she would be cooped up in a study to call her own and read an abnormal amount of words till darkness covered the skies. These last few days however forbid it. She was always on the move, always traveling to arrive to this new town in a timely manner; she did not want to keep Pyu waiting all too long. It really put her in quite a foul mood as well, she was not all too fond with travel, and such a large change in her usual routine would add to her grumpiness.

The light sky at almost noon now shown so brightly, the young girl would rather much be inside somewhere doing her own thing however, her wishes were quite hasty to come as the carriage finally arrived before the gates. She stepped out, her appearance quite regal.. she herself was nothing to reckon with though. Qiao Sen appeared to be the absolute opposite of friendly. She always seemed to be frowning, and was the utmost difficult to please. She paced the town heading straight for the administrative buildings with a few attendants carrying her belongings at a considerable distance behind her. Her long black robes had seem to drag, she kept her hands clasped behind her back, always.

Upon finally entering her destination, Qiao Sen looked around for the woman she came to see. There were plenty of guards around which made it quite difficult. Her diabolical aura however, made a pathway as the inferiors moved out of her way as she neared them. All the noise and side talk had seem to die down.. the malicious looking girl stepped onwards, there was no one in her way.
Qiao Sen zi Dazai | Bio
|| 37-24*-91*-91*-56 || Civil Administrator III, Doctor I, Engineer I, Politician I, Propagandist II, Public Planner II
Aisha
Lieutenant

Post by Aisha »

Oro wrote:[Team Oro~]

The ones that could come, were called to the main building of Yongzi, where they would be let in to the main hall on arrival. Inside was the average look that this era had, with a few guards standing around the room, chatting amongst one another. Chatting to some guards was the woman that had called them all together, known as Pyu Pyu to her friends and Wen Luan to anyone else. She wore the same attire she always wears, with her sleeves connected at the back and the flower hairpin atop her head, her long dress skimming the ground.

There she waited, while her plans came together.
A youth wearing baggy peasant pants made of hemp with a loose cotton shirt and straw sandals came wandering into the room, looking quite out of place amongst the armed guards and richly attired ladies, then stood off to one side and folded his arms. He seemed to be content to watch and wait for whatever was going to happen at this meeting to get under way.
Last edited by Aisha on Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zhū PìngXiàn Zhì - Valiant Stallion
50-95-43-80-53
Civil Administrator, Propagandist II, Qiangshu, Saboteur II, Trainer II
Tzar DwL
Ensign

Post by Tzar DwL »

Wild Wolf:

Thereafter settling within this new province, Qiao Sen decided to explore it further. She rode within a carriage driven by a rather simple looking man. He wore quite a worried look upon his face as for too long he's been receiving both complaints and threats from the insane girl within. It was either he's pulling her along too slow or too fast after he speeds up; then is threatened to be gutted if this happens again. Qiao Sen did know that if she did do that however, her chances of returning back to town was limited.. so that was just about the only reason he's still here. Her complaints have died down however, as the carriage rides just a considerable amount from the shores. The sight intrigued the girl and she was busied with watching the waves wash up upon the shore instead of assaulting her poor driver. So he figures as long as he's near the beach, he'll be alright..

In due time, she bade her driver to halt the carriage in it's tracks as she sighted footprints within the sand. They were reddish, yes, she knew exactly what this was. Qiao Sen stepped out of the carriage, her hands covered by long sleeves were placed behind her back. She observed the red print within the sand, and it was not long before she grabbed just a small amount, her opposed hand brought her small glasses to her eyes so that she may see better. It's still fresh.. Qiao Sen placed her glasses back into her robes and followed the tracks until they stopped at a tree. She followed them in quite a curious manner.

Upon arriving to her destination, she watched the individual who lie there. She seemed quite worn with her feet bleeding and she was also out cold, so it'd seem. Intriguing.. Qiao Sen observed the girl before her, although in the poor state she was in, she was certainly not dead. She could read this 'patient' like a book, how much easier can it get? "What an elementary diagnoses. No, not a diagnoses at all.. it is merely the output of her exploits." Qiao Sen mumbled to herself whilst eying the stranger's feet. She's cured a hundred fold worse.. but would she cure this woman today? Or would she cause her more pain? There was just nothing better than to hear the screams and cries of a woman. And this girl, she was quite vulnerable.. of course, surely just about anyone can overpower Qiao Sen, but this here was easy pickings.

So with all those thoughts in mind, what did she do? With a slight frown she knelt down before the feet of the girl and bandaged them up.. yes, she always carried a 'first aid' kit inside of her robes. "Bleeding is constricted with pressure, the populace should know this golden rule." She concluded whilst grasping her dagger to cut the bandages so that she may conclude her work and my was it tempting to do otherwise. "You will heal yourself oppose to breaking down your own body as you walk now." Qiao Sen finished as she took yet another look at the face of the stranger, assuming she is up and kicking now.
Qiao Sen zi Dazai | Bio
|| 37-24*-91*-91*-56 || Civil Administrator III, Doctor I, Engineer I, Politician I, Propagandist II, Public Planner II