Yong Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Radical Dreamer
Imposter!

Re: Yong Provincial Roleplay

Post by Radical Dreamer »

Fang Yun nodded before gesturing to a local inn and assuming the visitor followed him he lead into the establishment. "Yes" He said as they walked "Yong has had more then its share of bandits. Infact, this whole town was held hostage till Yun Ling and Hui Zang arrived. You should have seen it."

"I... I've never seen someone fight like that. I used to serve in the qin army, but this was something diffrent. Yun Ling was like a wirlwind of death with her axe."

Entering the inn a waitor quickly seated the part. Once seated Fang Yun looked at Ying Ranzhen and asked "What is it you want with our Yun Ling anyway?"
Ranzhen choose to take a seat while his bodyguard stood off to the side, as was the norm.

"I admit, I feel somewhat guilty now," the young man admitted. "I am Ying Ranzhen, the Governor of Hann, and I have come to speak with Lady Yun about accompanying me back to Yangdi. I did not know she was the linchpin of this village, though. I had only heard she was an exceptionally talented woman."

When a server came, Ranzhen picked up the bill and allowed Fang Yun to order whatever he wished. The Governor had a kettle of tea brought over to the table which he happily poured into a cup for himself. "You said that you used to serve in the Qin army? Before the death of the Second Emperor, I lived in the palace. It seems that more and more of my former compatriots are turning up these days."
Kubali Dun 90*-76-35-68-23
Aid II, Qiangshu II, Sortie III*, Military Administrator II, Discipline II, Dash I
Brother Dun
Marquis

Post by Brother Dun »

Lu Lu

The Lord-Scholar took a seat next to the old man, and then turned to the serving girl, "If I may order some hot tea and a plate of rice and vegetables," he said pausing, "And I shall also be covering whatever Lord Hui here shall be ordering as well," he said before turning to Hui Zang, "Ah, Lord Hui, as for your daughter... I have heard that she is quite a magnificent fighter. She is renowned as a defender of the defenseless through out these lands, Lord Hui. To be quite honest, I find myself in a position where I would like to acquire her help," he said pausing momentarily, "You see, I am the lord of Sai, and unfortunately, the vassals of Chu all stand united around me. Whilst I have yet to take hostile actions against them, I fear they are already plotting against me and my people. I merely want what is best for the people of not only Sai, but also of Yong, Di and the rest of the middle kingdom. Your daughter, as I said, is known to be a champion of the common people. One who will purge those whom have ill intentions at heart, through strength of her blade. I myself have the same goals, but I lack the same strength of physical prowess," he said, holding his arms out, and smiling, "I am a thinker, a scholar, not a warrior. If your daughter would join me, we could accomplish many great things I believe."
Zu Yanghei zì 智盜 'Zhì​dào​' (Knowledge Thief)
Lu Ying
Lord
Location: The fearsome pride, the glistening shell, the crayfish beckons me in my sleep...

Post by Lu Ying »

Dreamer!

Fang Yun grinned as the man before him offered to pick up the tab for this meal. Without a second thought he placed an order for the fried duck, crispy vegtables and a bottle of the good wine. Looking back at the visitor he smiled broadly.

"I was just a foot soldier in the Qin army. You know. Spear, wicker shield and whatever else I could get my hands on. I saw combat once or twice, not something I ever want to jump into again. We have it good here you see, Yun Ling protects us and we look after her."

With the food now arriving Fang Yun grabs at the bottle of wine and pours himself a cupful. "Want any?" He asked before taking a bite of the duck.

"Yeah, we look after Yun Ling too. She is an odd one kind of, not that I'd speak bad of the lass, but.... even she doesnt remember much before she travelled to Yong. At least thats what she says"

Dun!

"Now Mr Yanghei, I wont take advantage of a stranger, I'll pay for my own meal" Hui Zang said, befor smiling gentely back "The offer is appreciated though" Looking to the serving girl he orders the same as his guest before turning his attention back to the man. He listened carefully as he spoke and could not help frowning.

"What would happen to Songxi though? If Yun Ling were to go with you I mean" The old man stated "We rely on her, and we are the only family she knows. I would not like to think of her going off to far off lands fighting for... whatever wars the King of Chu makes for us."

Hui Zang sighed and looked down before continuing. "I knew the wars would come to Songxi eventually. I hoped they would pass us by but the chaos has plans for us it seems"
Yun Ling(23, Female); 62-94*-21-66-68
Yueshu III, gongshu II, raid II, politian II, Challange I
Items equiped: Ravager (+3 Axe) Steel Chainmail (+7 armour), Sapphire (+1 speed, +3 defence, Horse)
Zeren
Major

Post by Zeren »

Early in August, Hua Fang and several companions rode into Songxi, having rested just outside the city the night before. After a brief period of searching the town, Hua Fang approached the offices of government and asked to speak with Yun Ling.
Hua Fang (26) 53-88*-20-74-57
Qiangshu III, Jianshu II, Challenge II, Intimidate II
Lu Ying
Lord
Location: The fearsome pride, the glistening shell, the crayfish beckons me in my sleep...

Post by Lu Ying »

Zeren wrote:Early in August, Hua Fang and several companions rode into Songxi, having rested just outside the city the night before. After a brief period of searching the town, Hua Fang approached the offices of government and asked to speak with Yun Ling.
Upon seeing the guests from the neigbouring city of Chen Cang the guards on duty jumped to action. The captain bowed before speaking up.

"I believe the Lady and her father are in, I shall send a messanger to alert them of your arival."

With that he barked some orders and one of the younger guards went scurrying into the building. After a few munites he arrived back, Yun Ling and her father Hui Zang just behind. Hui Zang was smiling and dressed in comfortable court robes. Yun Ling however was diffrent, dressed in her armour and her axe in hand she made for an intimidating sight. Hui Zang nodded at the guests.

@So, visitors, what is it you wish from us?"
Items equiped: Ravager (+3 Axe) Steel Chainmail (+7 armour), Sapphire (+1 speed, +3 defence, Horse)
Zeren
Major

Post by Zeren »

Lu Ying wrote:Upon seeing the guests from the neigbouring city of Chen Cang the guards on duty jumped to action. The captain bowed before speaking up.

"I believe the Lady and her father are in, I shall send a messanger to alert them of your arival."

With that he barked some orders and one of the younger guards went scurrying into the building. After a few munites he arrived back, Yun Ling and her father Hui Zang just behind. Hui Zang was smiling and dressed in comfortable court robes. Yun Ling however was diffrent, dressed in her armour and her axe in hand she made for an intimidating sight. Hui Zang nodded at the guests.

@So, visitors, what is it you wish from us?"
Hua Fang handed his spear to one of his servants and bowed to Hui Zang and Yun Ling. "Greetings", he said quietly. "The Lady might not remember, but we were introduced when the Lord of Chen Cang came to visit you. I have come this time of my own accord, however, and have a proposition that you may be interested in. Is there somewhere more private we may speak?"
Lu Ying
Lord

Post by Lu Ying »

Zeren wrote: Hua Fang handed his spear to one of his servants and bowed to Hui Zang and Yun Ling. "Greetings", he said quietly. "The Lady might not remember, but we were introduced when the Lord of Chen Cang came to visit you. I have come this time of my own accord, however, and have a proposition that you may be interested in. Is there somewhere more private we may speak?"
Hui Zang nodded before turning to Yun Ling. "The dining room should do." He said before Yun Ling nodded in agreement. "Follow us" Hui Zang said before turning about and leading the way to a large hall. Assuming the guest followed and they trio made it to the dinning hall, Yun Ling let her serious mask fall.

"I remember Sun Cai, a pleasent man from what I remember. I remember you too Hua Fang, though I dont recall getting to speak with you."

"So" Hui Zang said "What is this matter you wish to speak with us about?"
Brother Dun
Marquis

Post by Brother Dun »

Lu Ying wrote: "Now Mr Yanghei, I wont take advantage of a stranger, I'll pay for my own meal" Hui Zang said, befor smiling gentely back "The offer is appreciated though" Looking to the serving girl he orders the same as his guest before turning his attention back to the man. He listened carefully as he spoke and could not help frowning.

"What would happen to Songxi though? If Yun Ling were to go with you I mean" The old man stated "We rely on her, and we are the only family she knows. I would not like to think of her going off to far off lands fighting for... whatever wars the King of Chu makes for us."

Hui Zang sighed and looked down before continuing. "I knew the wars would come to Songxi eventually. I hoped they would pass us by but the chaos has plans for us it seems"
The Lord-Scholar nodded his head, "Indeed, I was afraid of such a situation..."

Pausing a moment, the Lord-Scholar thought about what to say, "In truth, I am not sure of what would happen to Songxi. I would like to be able to place soldiers in Songxi to protect it, but likely that would only invite war to the town. The new Marquis of Yong, Zhang Han, would probably not take too kindly to my soldiers being there. However, if I may be so bold... There will be a time when the lady Yun Ling will be able to return to Yong, should she join my forces. And this time, it will more than likely be riding with an army. The citizens of Songxi, and Yong as a whole, deserve to be ruled by people who care about them, and who will protect them. Zhang Han, unfortunately, seems to see these people as a means to an end... I do not think he is fit to rule..."
Zu Yanghei zì 智盜 'Zhì​dào​' (Knowledge Thief)
Zeren
Major

Post by Zeren »

Lu Ying wrote:Hui Zang nodded before turning to Yun Ling. "The dining room should do." He said before Yun Ling nodded in agreement. "Follow us" Hui Zang said before turning about and leading the way to a large hall. Assuming the guest followed and they trio made it to the dinning hall, Yun Ling let her serious mask fall.

"I remember Sun Cai, a pleasent man from what I remember. I remember you too Hua Fang, though I dont recall getting to speak with you."

"So" Hui Zang said "What is this matter you wish to speak with us about?"
"Well, it is about Sun Cai", Hua Fang said. "While he is, as the Lady says, a pleasant man, he is a poor governor. His people are neglected and he remains inactive, retiring constantly to his estate where he eats and drinks as much as he likes. His ministers are incompetent, and while they mean well, they cannot right the wrongs of Sun Cai's governorship."

"I have been approached by some in the city to lead a coup against Sun Cai, but I have repeatedly had to decline. I am a simple horseman from the north, and could not possibly command the authority or confidence to rule a city. The people of Longzhi only accept me due to the security I have provided them, a security that rests on the edge of a knife."

"A more respectable candidate could succeed easily, and I would be happy to provide my support if one could be found. I was hoping that I might persuade Lady Yun to be that person."
Lu Ying
Lord

Post by Lu Ying »

BD!

Hui Zang listened to the scholar lord as he spoke to him. He smiled hopefully at the mention of troops being placed in Songxi, but as he mentioned it not being a good idea, Hui's heart sunk a little. Just as he was about to reply he heard the door open. Looking over to the inn door he smiled. It was Yun Ling returned from hunting.

Yun Ling walked in from the door and up to the table, inclining her head polietly at the guest. "So, I hear you have come seeking me visitor."

ZEREN!

Yun Ling listened carefully as the warrior spoke to her, it was amazing to think that the Sun Cai she had met those months back could have ended up being such a poor ruler, caring only for himself. Just as she was about to speak back her father interupted.

"Your sure that you could succeed in this coup?" Hui Zang said

"Father... "Yun Ling started. "If we had Chen Cang, and its armies at its disposal we could finally protect Songxi properly."

"Yes" Yun Ling continued "I think I could help you