Yong Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Mogs
Officer

Re: Yong Provincial Roleplay

Post by Mogs »

"Oh, that's surprising; wouldn't think you'd carry around that kinda coin on you. But then again, you can probably take care of yourself. Look the part, at least. Unlike me. Books seem like my lot in life anymore, but I don't mind it."

As they came across his shack, he slipped in, leaving it open for him to see inside before coming to the doorway again a few moments later. "If you'll just give me your name, I can make a note of it in my book so I don't forget about you and I'll write you up a little writ saying you paid me the 1225 you agreed to. That way, a few months from now, in case we both forget the price, we'll have this written up so we won't have to try and remember it and end up wrong."
Liang Feng (237) 82-15-92-75-32
Aid I, Confuse II, Doctor, Engineer II, Poison I, Public Planner II, Scribe II
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Mogs wrote:"Oh, that's surprising; wouldn't think you'd carry around that kinda coin on you. But then again, you can probably take care of yourself. Look the part, at least. Unlike me. Books seem like my lot in life anymore, but I don't mind it."

As they came across his shack, he slipped in, leaving it open for him to see inside before coming to the doorway again a few moments later. "If you'll just give me your name, I can make a note of it in my book so I don't forget about you and I'll write you up a little writ saying you paid me the 1225 you agreed to. That way, a few months from now, in case we both forget the price, we'll have this written up so we won't have to try and remember it and end up wrong."
"Well, I don't advertise it normally," he added. "But I hail from the former kingdom of Qi. This is not the sort of distance I want to make extra trips if I can help it." After a few moments, he produced the money and handed it over. "Yes, a writ makes sense," he said. "I do not doubt your honesty, but there is no reason to refuse a contract. I shall sign whatever is necessary."

1225 gold given to Liang Feng for the construction of the book!
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Mogs
Officer

Post by Mogs »

"Makes sense." He said with a bit of a nod, seeing as he did come quite a ways. It was almost flattering, really. As he took the money, he set it on his writing desk, visible from the doorway and wrote down in his book, then took two pre-cut sections of scroll and wrote on the both of them. Bringing them both to him and grabbing a loose board, he placed them atop it and offered him the brush to sign, has he already had done.

"One for you, one for me. Just take yours, if just as a reminder, and bring it back when you come to pick up your product. Well, you won't have to, but I understand if you'd want to. Since I have the money, I'll get right on it. Shouldn't take any longer than a season, but if you'd like, I could try to send word when it's done."

Gold Accepted! The order will take 4 Months to complete, will begin in June's PT.
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

Brother Dun wrote:The lord-scholar smiled, a bit of bloodlust building up within him. "Very well, let's go!"

The men formed up around him and Tian Rui, and the men from China were ready to go and fight the Qiang camp, their Pi spears shining in the sun.
Using the forces of the lord of Sai as the core of the assault force with ten Yuezhi horse archers providing support from each of the flanks. About sixty Qiang troops stormed out of the camp, ready to fight the raiders. Twenty of the Qiang troops were mounted and carried spears. There were ten archers of foot, ready to provide covering fire. The remaining thirty Qiang fighters were equipped with a variety of weapons from swords to spears, from halberds to barbed lances. A powerful warrior rode forward to challenge the oncoming Yuezhi raiders.

(OOC: Decide your actions!)
Brother Dun
Marquis

Post by Brother Dun »

The lord-scholar at the center of his troops, scoffed as the Qiang rode forward. "Kill him," he said to Tian Rui, who gave a bloodthirsty smile and rode forward to challenge the Qiang warrior!

Tian Rui will duel the Qiang guy! Kill, maim, slaughter, stab, murder, you get the picture.

(Cleared it with Kern via IRC as well, he's just too lazy to post for himself)
Zu Yanghei zì 智盜 'Zhì​dào​' (Knowledge Thief)
Cao Chao
Marquis

Post by Cao Chao »

Deathmatch:
Qiang Champion 64-83*-59-76-14 Jianshu II | Scimitar (Might +1), Reaper (Spd +1)

v.

Tian Rui 39-88*-40-62-63 | Challenge I, Gongshu II, Intimidate II, Qiangshu II, Smith II, Yueshu II | Items: Billhook (+1 Might), Axe (+1 Might), Yuezhi Bow, Horse (+3 speed) - Minor Injury
Still hurting from his earlier injury, Tian Rui found himself facing the powerful Qiang Champion. Early on, the duel was not in Tian Rui's favor as he was hit several times by the Qiang's skillful swordsmanship, including to a nasty counter. In a bit of luck, Tian Rui swept the Qiang Champion off of his horse with his billhook. As he fell tot he ground, the Qiang Champion manages to impale Tian Rui's horse upon his sword. Though the horse was horribly wounded, it was still able to fight. The rest of the duel was a bit anticlimatic. While the Qiang champion was able to successfully blind Tian Rui twice, he was at too great of disadvantage dismounted. Ultimately, the Qiang champion fell to the ground dead, his head nearly cut off by a powerful axe blow.
Bout 1:

Round 1:
Qiang Champion HP: 83 Might: 83
Tian Rui HP: 88 Might: 88

Qiang Champion lands a counterblow against Tian Rui's attack(+5 Damage)!
Qiang Champion lands the attack.(10)
Tian Rui fails to hit with the attack!

Round 2:
Qiang Champion HP: 83 Might: 83
Tian Rui HP: 78 Might: 88

Qiang Champion attempts to impale Tian Rui's horse.
Qiang Champion fails to impale Tian Rui's horse.
Qiang Champion lands the attack.(5)
Tian Rui lands the attack.(6)

Round 3:
Qiang Champion HP: 77 Might: 83
Tian Rui HP: 73 Might: 88

Qiang Champion lands the attack.(6)
Tian Rui lands the attack.(8)

End of Bout 1:
Qiang Champion HP: 69 Might: 83
Tian Rui HP: 67 Might: 88

Bout 2:

Round 1:
Qiang Champion HP: 69 Might: 83
Tian Rui HP: 67 Might: 88

Qiang Champion lands the attack.(8)
Tian Rui lands the attack.(9)

Round 2:
Qiang Champion HP: 60 Might: 83
Tian Rui HP: 59 Might: 88

Qiang Champion attempts to impale Tian Rui's horse.
Qiang Champion impales Tian Rui's horse!
Qiang Champion lands the attack.(6)
Tian Rui attempts to unseat Qiang Champion.
Tian Rui unseats Qiang Champion!

Round 3:
Qiang Champion HP: 60 Might: 83
Tian Rui HP: 53 Might: 88

Tian Rui lands the attack.(11)

End of Bout 2:
Qiang Champion HP: 49 Might: 83
Tian Rui HP: 48 Might: 88

Bout 3:

Round 1:

Qiang Champion attempts to counter Tian Rui's attack, but fails!
Qiang Champion fails to hit with the attack!

Round 2:

Round 3:
Qiang Champion HP: 40 Might: 83
Tian Rui HP: 43 Might: 88

End of Bout 3:
Qiang Champion HP: 31 Might: 83
Tian Rui HP: 38 Might: 88

Bout 4:

Round 1:
Qiang Champion HP: 31 Might: 83

Qiang Champion attempts to counter Tian Rui's attack, but fails!
Tian Rui unleashes a critical blow!
Qiang Champion injured during attack - reducing might by 11

Round 2:
Qiang Champion HP: 20 Might: 72

Qiang Champion blinds Tian Rui!
Tian Rui attempts a swift pass attack on Qiang Champion.
Tian Rui strikes swiftly!

Round 3:
Qiang Champion HP: 9 Might: 72

Qiang Champion blinds Tian Rui!
Qiang Champion lands the attack.(4)
Tian Rui attempts a swift pass attack on Qiang Champion.
Tian Rui strikes swiftly!
Tian Rui wins!
The Qiang Champion is killed!

End of Bout 4:
Qiang Champion HP: -2 Might: 72
Tian Rui HP: 34 Might: 88

Tian Rui wins the Duel and kills the Qiang Champion!

Demoralized by the death of their champion, the Qiang tribesmen began to waver.

(OOC: BrotherDun, give your orders!)
Brother Dun
Marquis

Post by Brother Dun »

The lord-scholar once more cheered as the Qiang champion fell dead. He grinned, he could feel the bloodlust building up within him. However, he had to keep a cool head. He was in charge... Or so he thought. He motioned to the horse archers, "Nobz," he yelled, "Ride ahead! Hit the core of their army, as fast and as hard as you can. Draw their infantry out towards us, bring them in, hitting and running while you move! Kill as many of them as you can!"

Hoping that the Yuezhi would listen to him, he turned to the rest of his men, "Captain Hua, Captain Fang, Lord Tian, form up ranks! Spear formation, hit them while they're down! If the Yuezhi follow the plan, let's go with this. Captain Hua, lead the main push, take thirty-five men and hit their core. The fight will be hard, but it will help. Captain Fang, pull off with fifteen men and attempt to flank them once we've engaged. Lord Tian and myself will engage along with the main push! Let's go! If we don't get bow support from the Yuezhi, form up into a powerful core, and grind away at the Qiang. Our Pi spears will give us superior range and weaponry, our weapons are better, our men stronger, and the will of Sai greater! Crush the enemy!"
Zu Yanghei zì 智盜 'Zhì​dào​' (Knowledge Thief)
Cao Chao
Marquis

Post by Cao Chao »

To Zu Yanghei's surprise, the Yuezhi horse archers made no move to act on his orders. Instead, while the Sai soldiers marched forward in formation with their spears against the Qiang forces, the Yuezhi Nob kept his twenty men back just out of range of the Qiang archers. While being peppered by the Qiang archers, the Sai soldiers forced their way forward, grinding their way towards the Qiang encampment. Seeing the inaction of the Yuezhi horse archers, Captain Fang remained with the main force. Ultimately, however, the attack was blunted by a concerted charge by the twenty Qiang cavalrymen that punched a hole in the center of the Sai troops and drove a deep wedge into their lines. It was only through concerted efforts of Tian Rui that the Sai army did not break entirely.

(OOC:

The Nob has kept his 20 horse archers back
18 Qiang horsemen surviving from the charge
19 Qiang irregular footsoldiers
10 Qiang archers
38 Yong spearmen)
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Mogs wrote:"Makes sense." He said with a bit of a nod, seeing as he did come quite a ways. It was almost flattering, really. As he took the money, he set it on his writing desk, visible from the doorway and wrote down in his book, then took two pre-cut sections of scroll and wrote on the both of them. Bringing them both to him and grabbing a loose board, he placed them atop it and offered him the brush to sign, has he already had done.

"One for you, one for me. Just take yours, if just as a reminder, and bring it back when you come to pick up your product. Well, you won't have to, but I understand if you'd want to. Since I have the money, I'll get right on it. Shouldn't take any longer than a season, but if you'd like, I could try to send word when it's done."

Gold Accepted! The order will take 4 Months to complete, will begin in June's PT.
((Whoops))

"That would be great," he replied, taking the stub. He thought to leave, but something kept him back. "If I may," he said, speaking slowly, "what keeps a scholar like yourself holed up in this remote area? There is a lot going on in the land right now. Is the solitude important to you?"
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Mogs
Officer

Post by Mogs »

Xiang Zhuang wrote:
Mogs wrote:"Makes sense." He said with a bit of a nod, seeing as he did come quite a ways. It was almost flattering, really. As he took the money, he set it on his writing desk, visible from the doorway and wrote down in his book, then took two pre-cut sections of scroll and wrote on the both of them. Bringing them both to him and grabbing a loose board, he placed them atop it and offered him the brush to sign, has he already had done.

((Whoops))

"That would be great," he replied, taking the stub. He thought to leave, but something kept him back. "If I may," he said, speaking slowly, "what keeps a scholar like yourself holed up in this remote area? There is a lot going on in the land right now. Is the solitude important to you?"
A brow raised as the man seemed to be ready to leave, but then stopped himself, and at his questions, he could only offer a shrug to start. "Well, as I said, before you came along, I'd not been able to write for a time. Writer's block, you know. I would go to my desk, grab a scroll and then end up twirling my brush for ages. I thought being here would give me no distractions from writing, but then I gave it up for a time and used this place as a hunting ground. So much for no distractions, yeah?"

Stepping out now, he continued, crossing his arms across his chest as he walked. "I've gotten good with a bow, at least, since other methods are a bit....well, as you can see, I'm not exactly a man of physical ability, so a sword in my hand would be no more lethal to anything than a blade of grass or a feather. I suppose it's not especially important to me anymore, the solitude, that is, since I've got a subject and direction; I know I'll be able to write."

Stopping after his little speech, he turned his head to the man again, brow raised. "Why do you ask?"