Liu Bang's Audience Hall - Changyi

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Lionheart
The best KT Monkey
Location: I once ran away from the god of Fear and gave into despair~

Post by Lionheart »

A cloaked man who really couldn't hide his presence even if he wished to strode down the streets of Changyi. Mostly it was because of his commanding, almost intimidating, presence and sheer size at somewhere between six feet and five and ten inches--and the armor underneath wasn't hid well by the thick cloth coat, either--but also because of the way he spoke. Everyone here seemed to be a bit more cultured, a bit more rich than he was. Just by the way this man spoke it was obvious that he was from humble backgrounds (most preferred the term "hick"), but he was obviously not from the same province or even the same side of the country. For those that were learned enough, it was obvious to tell that he was from somewhere in Wei.

But he cared not about that. The wind eventually blew the hood off his face, yet he kept on going...it was almost as if he were wearing it for style. He approached the main gates to the governmental complex of Changyi and bowed before the guards. Much like his origins, his bow wasn't very formal at all--more military like in precision, if anything...yet with a distinct lack of flair or practice, as well.

"Ah've come from Liang ta speak wit' Prefect Liu Bang," he began. "Mah name's Ba Zhan, a General in th' ranks o' Duke Xiang Kai. Ya'll can search meh if ya want, but Ah do need ta see th' Prefect 'imself. Ya'll can do tha' fo' me, right?"
Ba Rong (仈荣) the Lionheart (狮心) (25) 91*-91*-44-65-20*
Aid I, Charge II, Instructor II, Raid II, Rupture II, Scout I, Qiangshu I

[15:47] * bond4154 has yet to see a Communist crack a good joke.
[15:17] <KungZhi> I sodomize my students every day.
[14:32] <Dreamer> Hitler is so kawaii~
[22:11] <Angelic_Crux> "You can't understand Asia. Asia is totally baffling unless you have a degree in Asianism."
[13:32] <Stedfel> My mother, despite what the beard would tell you, is a woman.
Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

Ke was summoned immediately by the guards, who generally had become comfortable with nobody ever showing up in front of them. When the Lieutenant arrived, he nodded to the visitor. "Welcome Ba Zhan. I'm not sure what your business with the prefect is, but please, follow me."

Ba Zhan was led to the audience hall where Liu Bang was hearing his petitions from the people in his city. Ke announced him and Liu Bang looked up. "Ba Zhan of Liang, what is it that you wish from me?"
Lionheart
The best KT Monkey

Post by Lionheart »

Charlemagne wrote:Ke was summoned immediately by the guards, who generally had become comfortable with nobody ever showing up in front of them. When the Lieutenant arrived, he nodded to the visitor. "Welcome Ba Zhan. I'm not sure what your business with the prefect is, but please, follow me."

Ba Zhan was led to the audience hall where Liu Bang was hearing his petitions from the people in his city. Ke announced him and Liu Bang looked up. "Ba Zhan of Liang, what is it that you wish from me?"
Ba Zhan smiled and bowed once more, more formal than before, by far. "Ah've come 'ere ta talk wit' ya 'bout...well, improvin' our relations more. It's become obvious to th' Duke tha' he was wrong in his opinion of ya before, and wants ta let ya know tha' he won't be marchin' 'gainst ya. We want ta make sure ya know tha' we're friends wit' ya an' all. As a sign o' good faith, Ah've had brought wit' me some precious metals that're a specialty o' Liang. Not long behind me 're some carts wit' th' stuff. Should come out ta 'bout 300 worth o' coin, I reckon.

"But that's not all. Ah've been tasked wit' askin' you some stuff 'bout yer administration in Changyi, how you run things'n all, and what some o' yer plans are fo' th' future."

[22:11] <Angelic_Crux> "You can't understand Asia. Asia is totally baffling unless you have a degree in Asianism."
Charlemagne
Marquis

Post by Charlemagne »

Bang raised an eyebrow at the man and looked to Ke, who just shrugged in response. "Indeed? I believe a man from Liang named Xun Shang had a similar line of questioning. I'm still not sure I understand what your lord is after. Why does he need to know the inner workings of my administration."

Bang called for refreshments and offered some to his visitors. "As for your bribe or tribute, or whatever you're painting it as, I'm loathe to accept it without knowing Xiang Kai's methods here."
Lionheart
The best KT Monkey

Post by Lionheart »

Charlemagne wrote:Bang raised an eyebrow at the man and looked to Ke, who just shrugged in response. "Indeed? I believe a man from Liang named Xun Shang had a similar line of questioning. I'm still not sure I understand what your lord is after. Why does he need to know the inner workings of my administration."

Bang called for refreshments and offered some to his visitors. "As for your bribe or tribute, or whatever you're painting it as, I'm loathe to accept it without knowing Xiang Kai's methods here."
"Mah Lord's only aftah peace in the province of Jiaoxi, nothin' mo'. He only wants ta know some things 'bout ya like: how're yer laws like, how's yer people doin', how's things been goin' wit' yer othah neighbors through yer eyes. We're simply tryin' ta know more 'bout our neighbors other than jus' fightin' 'em. And we ask ya 'gain, because plans change over time, ya know? If yer plans're any different, then Duke Xiang would like ta know mo' 'bout 'em, and would be mo' 'an happy ta let ya know 'bout his.

"And this ain't no bribe or tribute, neither. Think o' it as a of an apology fo' how we treated ya befo'. But that's not 'nuff, I would wager. All we want ta do is ta make things better 'tween us. So I suppose what Ah'm asking 'ere is: what do ye want, Prefect Liu? How could we make things better fo' you an' us?"

Charlemagne
Marquis

Post by Charlemagne »

"My situation has not changed," replied Bang. "I am here to protect the people of Jiaoxi. I have worked to expel the bandits that were here, and now I run my city with no thought to bringing war to it. But have the good Duke make no mistake, we will defend it to the man if attacked."

Bang gave Ke a nod, and he sent two guards out to see about the carriages. As the General looked back to his guest, he nodded. "As for friends, none have been here to call. With Yi Lian falling away, I have no diplomatic relations with any of my neighbors. What of the Duke, who are his allies?"
Lionheart
The best KT Monkey

Post by Lionheart »

Charlemagne wrote:"My situation has not changed," replied Bang. "I am here to protect the people of Jiaoxi. I have worked to expel the bandits that were here, and now I run my city with no thought to bringing war to it. But have the good Duke make no mistake, we will defend it to the man if attacked."

Bang gave Ke a nod, and he sent two guards out to see about the carriages. As the General looked back to his guest, he nodded. "As for friends, none have been here to call. With Yi Lian falling away, I have no diplomatic relations with any of my neighbors. What of the Duke, who are his allies?"
Ba Zhan shook his head, then went on, "'Gain, Prefect, we don't want ta be havin' hostilities wit' ya. Ya shouldn't need ta worry 'bout us tryin' ta invade ya--o' that, ya got th' Duke's promise.

"An' our diplomacy? Tha' Ah'm mo' than happy ta tell ya. Simple, too. Right now, we're allied ta Chu--our closest ally--an' we're friendly wit' Jiujiang, an' allied ta Yin. If there's anyone we at war wit', it's Jiang Sei in Huainan and Wu, and th' Duke o' Yue. That last part might change, though, 'pendin' on what Chen She does wit' 'em. I think tha' he's wantin' ta invade Qin now, like we planned from th' beginnin', soon as we were able to."

"Anythin' else ya be wantin' ta ask meh, Prefect?"

Charlemagne
Marquis

Post by Charlemagne »

"I don't know this Jiang Sei," responded Liu Bang. "I have no qualms with anyone really. Though any chance I have to expand my influence, that the Duke would support would definitely be in my interest."

Thinking a bit longer for the moment, Liu Bang just shook his head. "Nothing that I can think of. Did you have some kind of formal treaty in mind?"
Numinous
Lieutenant

Post by Numinous »

Fresh from his consultations in Jiaodong, the representative Bing Xiao had decided to take a small detour on the sea voyage back to Wu proper, electing to stop at a port a short carriage ride overland from the city of Changyi. Glad to be back on terra firma once again, the young scholar and a small entourage of marines that accompanied him made haste to the audience hall, and once arrived he bowed deeply to those guardsmen on watch.

"Greetings, stewards of Changyi. I am Bing Xiao, District Justicar of the Marquess Zhi Cheng, here on a diplomatic mission to your lord, Liu Bang, that our two nations might establish formal relations. If he or a suitable representative would be available to parlay I would be most thankful."
Yu Cheng (22) 90*-32-42-93*-36
Aid II, Civil Administrator III, Cover I, Dash II, Military Administrator II, Politician I