Jin Kai's Audience Hall - Xiangguo

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Big Grizzy wrote:"Indeed, Master Envoy, this is a most distressing situation. The Prefect was too young to have a suitable heir, an there are none in his ranks that seem to be ready or able to take up his position. Of the people who seem most able to take the reigns of this administration, General Zhang Kui has been very quiet since his march to aid your lord against Wu Chen, Colonel Xian Jue has shown no interest in the position, and I have only been an official member of this faction since January."
"Unless you are looking for somebody within the King's administration, or the King himself, to take the reigns, I'm afraid that we cannot help you there." He gave a weak smile. "Regardless, it is our intention to honor the deal given regardless. There is no desire on our end to bring conflict to Changshan, although obviously others may have different desires."
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Big Grizzy
Captain

Post by Big Grizzy »

Jin Kai shook his head. "I can manage affairs until the young master's fate has been confirmed. Until then, I will simply have to look after things as I am currently doing. I would not wish to overstep my bounds if the Prefect is still alive, but this region would not do well to be without solid leadership for a long period. If he has not reappeared by March, I will see to it that his position is filled. As for the Marquis of Yan's intentions for Changshan, that I believe I can handle."
Jin Sui (23)

"Jin Kai have already gain the thrust of the population in Changshan!!!"
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Big Grizzy wrote:Jin Kai shook his head. "I can manage affairs until the young master's fate has been confirmed. Until then, I will simply have to look after things as I am currently doing. I would not wish to overstep my bounds if the Prefect is still alive, but this region would not do well to be without solid leadership for a long period. If he has not reappeared by March, I will see to it that his position is filled. As for the Marquis of Yan's intentions for Changshan, that I believe I can handle."
The envoy chuckled slightly. "I never mentioned the Marquis of Yan," he replied. "Perhaps he has already troubled you? But that seems odd. We considered your two administrations to be close allies. But there have been rumors of the Marquis of Yan threatening nearby forces into assisting him. He has treated the King with respect thus far, though, although it would be weird for a marquis to threaten a king, I suppose."
101*.87*.44.78.39

Big Grizzy
Captain

Post by Big Grizzy »

Jin Kai smiled at the envoy. "Of course I did not mean to imply that Marquis Fei would disturb the peace of Changshan. He is just the one with which we share the province. I must also be mindful of Prefect Yiye of Dai and King Tian of Qi. I know Marquis Fei personally, seeing as I was his tutor when he was younger. I have met with Prefect Yiye before. The King of Qi is the one about whom I feel the most concern."
Jin Sui (23)

Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Big Grizzy wrote:Jin Kai smiled at the envoy. "Of course I did not mean to imply that Marquis Fei would disturb the peace of Changshan. He is just the one with which we share the province. I must also be mindful of Prefect Yiye of Dai and King Tian of Qi. I know Marquis Fei personally, seeing as I was his tutor when he was younger. I have met with Prefect Yiye before. The King of Qi is the one about whom I feel the most concern."
"Ah, I see," the envoy replied. "Well, it is difficult to measure what the King of Qi's purpose in Jibei is. It might be merely to fight the woman who killed his envoy. But even if it is against the King of Qi, we will come to your aid. The King of Yin does not forget the kindness he has received in the past." He gave a small bow. "While I am here, is there anything you would wish to communicate to my King? My master gave me no further orders regarding this visit here, so I remain only as long as you need to speak with me."
101*.87*.44.78.39

Big Grizzy
Captain

Post by Big Grizzy »

"I thank your King for his display of goodwill, and will certainly wish to speak with him once the situation here is sorted out. The conferring of the title is something that will have to wait for now. My sole concern is the safety of the citizens of Changshan, so the presence of the King to our south is a comfort. My only question would be to ask if the King has any intent to move into Jibei, as that is the only border that does not seem secure."
Jin Sui (23)

Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Big Grizzy wrote:"I thank your King for his display of goodwill, and will certainly wish to speak with him once the situation here is sorted out. The conferring of the title is something that will have to wait for now. My sole concern is the safety of the citizens of Changshan, so the presence of the King to our south is a comfort. My only question would be to ask if the King has any intent to move into Jibei, as that is the only border that does not seem secure."
"Not at this point," he replied. "The King of Yin has no formal relations with Qi, but that does not mean we wish to start a war with them."
101*.87*.44.78.39

Big Grizzy
Captain

Post by Big Grizzy »

"Understandable. War is not something one should wish for. I must remember to send an envoy to the King of Qi. The borders must be made secure."
Jin Sui (23)

Castilho
Ensign

Post by Castilho »

Zhuge Jia travelled alone within the walls of Xiangguo, having left his army to establish an encampment near the city. While wondering what was the current situation of Xiangguo as he had heard little about the city. When he had arrived at the palace gates, Zhuge Jia dismounted and led his horse by the reigns to the guards stationed there.

"Greetings, I am Zhuge Jia, I come at the request of Chief Magistrate Jin Kai, here it is." Jia hands one of the guards Jin Kai's letter. Not allowing replies of any sort he says: "Here is my spear, it is pretty obvious you're instructed to search me, just hurry up so I can meet Lord Jin." Jia had no time to lose, he and his men had already fought for survival for too long, they wanted a greater reason to earn for.
Big Grizzy
Captain

Post by Big Grizzy »

The guard was Quan Yao. He put up a hand to forestall Zhuge Jia. "We actually have orders not to put guests of Magistrate Jin through the humiliation of a search. We only search those for whom there is a reason to. Dun," he called over his shoulder, "take Master Zhuge to your father."

"Yes Captain Quan," was the response from a well built youth behind him. "If you would follow me Master Zhuge." He turned on his heel and walked through the great entryway to the citadel of Xiangguo. There were a pair of enormous doors before them that led to the grand audience chamber, but Dun did not open them. Instead he turned to his left and walked down the hallway that was the adminstrative section of the building. At the very end of this hallway was a slightly more ornate door than the rest. It was this door that Jin Dun opened.

"Father," he called into the room, "a Master Zhuge Jia to see you.

Jin Kai sat behind a large writing table, there was a neat stack of paper on the right side with his inkwell, and two stacks on the left. He perked up when he heard the name of his visitor.

"Send him in Dun." When Zhuge Jia entered, Jin Kai's smile got real big. "Master Zhuge, have a seat. Dun, go fetch some tea for our guest."
Jin Sui (23)