Lao Yongrui's Audience Hall - Qufu

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Ishida
New Recruit

Post by Ishida »

Ming bowed as she turned to head to her quarters

Ming: No, but thank you for allowing me to serve i hope i can do some good work for you.
Ming Fuu, 20
90*-49-71*-82-21
Confuse, Decoy, Instructor, Military Administrator II, Pierce, Volley III
241(30) soldiers
Lao Kong
Not a ruler!

Post by Lao Kong »

Marzy wrote:"Gan Lu here taught me since I was a wee lad. Took me in, pushed me to learn. Taught me how to ride, how to fight. I'll admit I'm not that bright, but Gan Lu taught me enough on how to live and be a man. He is a man of honor. A true asset to anyone he deems worthy of him. I'm grateful to him for what he's done for me..." Shing Kong started. He looked over to Gan Lu, who didn't really betray any emotion whatsoever. Kong figured he'd continue from there.

"Like I said, I'm not too bright. And I make some rash decisions. But I'm strong and I know how to lead. I'm great with a spear and I'm good on horse. If you need a martial man who will leap at opportunity, I'm your guy."
The snow had started to slowly fall to the ground, still too light to collect on the ground. Looking back to Shing Kong, Yongrui said "I do need a martial man, and this is why I've invited you both here. My proposition to both of you is an invitation to the Qufu Land Army, where both of you will have a large hand in dealing with the foot soldiers. Shing Kong will lead into battle, and Gan Lu will keep the armies in spectacular shape while we aren't in combat.

I myself am a student of the military, but it would not be prudent for me to travel with the army while I have responsibility here in Qufu. I will if I must, however.

What say you men? Shall I give you time to collect your thoughts?"
Lao Yongrui, Age 20 Male
93-80*78-53-22
Charge II, Envelop II, Military Admin I, Scout II, Smith I, Wall II
Marzy
Officer

Post by Marzy »

Shing Kong noticed the snow falling and frowned a bit. He thought he left the stuff behind. It's not that he had a problem with snow, but there was quite a bit up north at times and it was a pain to travel through. Hopefully it would stay light...

"I'm afraid I cannot promise you anything at this time Manager. I've received a few letters and I promised to meet with all those who wrote them. It would be stupid of me to do otherwise, and impolite to refuse somebody who's taken the time to search me out and write me. I hope you understand.

But it is good to know what will be expected of me. Though, I would like to know a couple more things, if you do not mind?"

He looked to Lao Yongrui and hoped to read his reaction. Assuming he didn't have an issue, Kong continued.

"The first thing I'd like to know is what your status is with your neighbors and who I could be expecting to fight against. It's ok if you do not wish to reveal such, but how a man conducts himself with his neighbors can say a lot about his intent. This is no different from peasant to prince."
"Just because we do not know how something works does not mean it is the will of the Gods."
Shing Kong as of July 208 - 81-97*-33-50-65

Challenge I, Charge II, Faze I, Qiangshu II, Raid II 1/4, Rupture I, Smith I

86 Gold
Items: Horse (Spd +2), Billhook (Mgt +3), Armor (Mgt +3), Throwing Daggers (Ranged), Spear (Mgt +3) (Not equipped)

Follower: Gan Lü (59) - 82-53-32-79-62
Artisan I, Decoy I, Jianshu I, Maraud I, Military Administrator II
Lao Kong
Not a ruler!

Post by Lao Kong »

Marzy wrote:Shing Kong noticed the snow falling and frowned a bit. He thought he left the stuff behind. It's not that he had a problem with snow, but there was quite a bit up north at times and it was a pain to travel through. Hopefully it would stay light...

"I'm afraid I cannot promise you anything at this time Manager. I've received a few letters and I promised to meet with all those who wrote them. It would be stupid of me to do otherwise, and impolite to refuse somebody who's taken the time to search me out and write me. I hope you understand.

But it is good to know what will be expected of me. Though, I would like to know a couple more things, if you do not mind?"

He looked to Lao Yongrui and hoped to read his reaction. Assuming he didn't have an issue, Kong continued.

"The first thing I'd like to know is what your status is with your neighbors and who I could be expecting to fight against. It's ok if you do not wish to reveal such, but how a man conducts himself with his neighbors can say a lot about his intent. This is no different from peasant to prince."
Yongrui stopped walking to face Kong. "I understand you must visit more lords, I myself waited for your visit and it would be selfish to expect otherwise. As for your question..." Yongrui looked around, making sure he would not be overheard. He spoke in a low voice. "I tell Tian Dan of my loyalty, but I feel no loyalty to him in my heart. He is my godfather's foe and has asked me to invade Zhao with my meager army.

If you were to lead the Land Army, your first enemy would undoubtedly be in Zhao, although I know now it we war with Lu Ying, Wu Chen, or both. It could be neither, but that is a slim possibility.

Now, you said firstly earlier. Do you have another question for me?"
Lao Yongrui, Age 20 Male
93-80*78-53-22
Marzy
Officer

Post by Marzy »

Kong patiently listened as Lao Yongrui responded. When asked about his second question, he looked over to Gan Lu, as if silently asking him if he should not ask. Gan Lu didn't do much anything in response, which helped embolden him.

He turned back to Manager Lao and asked, "My second question is much more selfish, but it's something that must be asked. Compensation. What can I expect in return for our skills? I won't blow you off, no matter your answer, but rank is always a concern these days."
"Just because we do not know how something works does not mean it is the will of the Gods."

86 Gold
Items: Horse (Spd +2), Billhook (Mgt +3), Armor (Mgt +3), Throwing Daggers (Ranged), Spear (Mgt +3) (Not equipped)

Lao Kong
Not a ruler!

Post by Lao Kong »

Marzy wrote:Kong patiently listened as Lao Yongrui responded. When asked about his second question, he looked over to Gan Lu, as if silently asking him if he should not ask. Gan Lu didn't do much anything in response, which helped embolden him.

He turned back to Manager Lao and asked, "My second question is much more selfish, but it's something that must be asked. Compensation. What can I expect in return for our skills? I won't blow you off, no matter your answer, but rank is always a concern these days."
Yongrui smiled. "Ahh, yes. Because my treasury is large and my pool of competent officers are small, you'll be compensated well. So far, my best people are receiving 60 taels per month, and I will offer you the same wages. You will also be rewarded for your merits in Qufu and on the battlefield. How does that sound?"
Lao Yongrui, Age 20 Male
93-80*78-53-22
Marzy
Officer

Post by Marzy »

Shing Kong smiled. "That's fine. The decision will not be made on something like this, but it's still good to know. Thank you for your frankness Manager."

Kong turned. "Gan Lu. Anything to add?"

Gan Lu sort of shrugged. "No. You know what we need to know, nothing else is necessary.

Shing Kong shrugged. "All right." With that, he turned back to Manager Lao. "If that's all, we really should find a place to stay for the night. We'll be in town for the night and start off again in the morning. If you need us for anything, I liked the look of a tavern I saw on the way up to your Hall. Dark Eel... Black Eel... I dunno, something. I bet you know what I'm talking about," he said and flashed a smile.

He turned a little. Not too much as if to be "hiding" something, but enough to get a look off the road, where he really took a look at the land. Again, he found himself thinking seriously and added, "Should this be the last time we meet, I'd like to say now that I appreciate your hospitality. Thank you for being patient with me and making things clear."

86 Gold

Lao Kong
Not a ruler!

Post by Lao Kong »

Marzy wrote:Shing Kong smiled. "That's fine. The decision will not be made on something like this, but it's still good to know. Thank you for your frankness Manager."

Kong turned. "Gan Lu. Anything to add?"

Gan Lu sort of shrugged. "No. You know what we need to know, nothing else is necessary.

Shing Kong shrugged. "All right." With that, he turned back to Manager Lao. "If that's all, we really should find a place to stay for the night. We'll be in town for the night and start off again in the morning. If you need us for anything, I liked the look of a tavern I saw on the way up to your Hall. Dark Eel... Black Eel... I dunno, something. I bet you know what I'm talking about," he said and flashed a smile.

He turned a little. Not too much as if to be "hiding" something, but enough to get a look off the road, where he really took a look at the land. Again, he found himself thinking seriously and added, "Should this be the last time we meet, I'd like to say now that I appreciate your hospitality. Thank you for being patient with me and making things clear."
Yongrui nodded. "I know the place to speak of. I ensure your stay there will be free of charge; consider it a thank you for the conversation we've shared today.

And to you, Shing Kong, if we never speak again, thank you for taking the time to visit myself in Qufu. As for myself, I should return to my home. My wife expected me nearly an hour ago, but she will understand. Good night, Masters Shing, Gan." Assuming both parties were prepared to part ways, Yongrui set off down the road from which they came, pondering the day.
Lao Yongrui, Age 20 Male
93-80*78-53-22
andarms
New Recruit

Post by andarms »

Two men were seen heading for the audience hall one was an old elderly man and the other was a young rough looking man. They wandered around the place and rested befdore heading towards the audience hall.
Lao Kong
Not a ruler!

Post by Lao Kong »

andarms wrote:Two men were seen heading for the audience hall one was an old elderly man and the other was a young rough looking man. They wandered around the place and rested befdore heading towards the audience hall.
The guards had seen the pair coming, and hailed them as they approached. "Greetings sirs, do you have business in the Halls?"
Lao Yongrui, Age 20 Male
93-80*78-53-22