Yiye Shan's Audience Hall - Dai

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

TGC
Lieutenant

Post by TGC »

NightForever wrote:The Southern Swordsman listened to the lord of Dai to finish his talk. Wu Weilong then replied.

"That is quite an interesting offer, lord Yiye. It is such an honor of me to receive this offer. There is one problem, though. To me, it is a little risky to have the commander of the troop as the same person who will be the duelist? That would bring a disaster to the army if that commanding duelist is lost or captured. I would rather stick with only one position, either commander or the champion of the troop. However, I would like to know if there is any current commander-type general or duelist-type general in your force or not, so that I could think of my position in your army clearly, given that all other things work well."
The prefect chuckled and answered the man on a warm tone, obviously slightly amused by what the man before assumed he had stated. "I could not agree more with you. I assure you that I did not imply that you as a commander would be risking your life and endengering those of the soldiers under your orders." He paused. "As for your second question. We currently have a couple of gifted commanders, but neither have the ability to fight as you do. Also, two men are too few to lead my armies on the field and defend the lives of those who have put their homes under my protection."
XM sent me; he said "Stop asking me if I have a blog or podcast. I have no idea who you are."
Kaori
Not-so-new recruit
Location: on a rapidly melting glacier with a polar bear and running out of room

Post by Kaori »

Rin followed the guards to the audience hall, feeling very refreshed. A good night's sleep and a meal had done wonders. She stretched luxuriously as she strolled along the corridors, humming a tune as she went.

Arriving in the audience hall, Rin's eyes brightened as she spied the Magistrate. She skipped past the guard and bounded over to the table skidding to a halt in front of Yiye Shan. Tossing her hair across her shoulder, she grinned and cocked her head to the side.

"Morning Mr. Magistrate" She couldn't keep a small laugh out of her voice and bowed in an almost playful fashion. "It was fantastic."

Rin felt exhilarated. the night before had been the first time she'd slept in a bed for weeks and her entire body was thanking her. The fatigue and grime had been erased to reveal a soft complexion with luminescent eyes, almost fierce in their intensity, staring out from behind a mess of dark locks. The girl was short almost to a fault, and she would look almost comical with her confident stance and cocky grin.

"So I'm up now. What can I do for you?"
Sun Rin 15
(29-84-80*-20-100*)
Doctor I, Spy I, Yueshu II, Faze II, Haste, Jeer.
127 gold
NightForever
Colonel

Post by NightForever »

TGC

Wu Weilong grinned as he finally understood what lord of Dai was explaining.

"Now I could see what I can be of use in your army. Lord Yiye, I would like to express my gratitude to you for inviting me to here. Would it be possible that I have some time to consider your offer? Currently, my personal army consisting of few thousands men are waiting for me in Chu. Should I finalize my decision to join you, my men and I would travel to you within a couple of months. What says you, lord Yiye?"
Shangguan Wei (21) | 90-91-21-78-22 | Charge II, Delay II, Instructor II, Qiangshu II, Raid I, Yueshu II
TGC
Lieutenant

Post by TGC »

Kaori wrote:Rin followed the guards to the audience hall, feeling very refreshed. A good night's sleep and a meal had done wonders. She stretched luxuriously as she strolled along the corridors, humming a tune as she went.

Arriving in the audience hall, Rin's eyes brightened as she spied the Magistrate. She skipped past the guard and bounded over to the table skidding to a halt in front of Yiye Shan. Tossing her hair across her shoulder, she grinned and cocked her head to the side.

"Morning Mr. Magistrate" She couldn't keep a small laugh out of her voice and bowed in an almost playful fashion. "It was fantastic."

Rin felt exhilarated. the night before had been the first time she'd slept in a bed for weeks and her entire body was thanking her. The fatigue and grime had been erased to reveal a soft complexion with luminescent eyes, almost fierce in their intensity, staring out from behind a mess of dark locks. The girl was short almost to a fault, and she would look almost comical with her confident stance and cocky grin.

"So I'm up now. What can I do for you?"
Many lords probably would have been insulted by Rin's behavior or maybe would have held back their comments on her childish ways for obscure reasons, but Yiye Shan did not. Letting out a most sincere and warm chuckle, one that was very different from the previous' day chuckle, Yiye Shan smiled and spoke to the young lady.

"You are exactly what I am trying to preserve in these lands, Lady Sun Rin. So pardon me if I let out my emotions a bit." He paused there and wiped a tear that had formed in the corner of his eye. "Such innocence, such playfulness and such a desire to live. that is what I wish to see in every person who inhabit these lands... rather than prayers for a better tomorrow and a desire to survive."

NightForever wrote:TGC

Wu Weilong grinned as he finally understood what lord of Dai was explaining.

"Now I could see what I can be of use in your army. Lord Yiye, I would like to express my gratitude to you for inviting me to here. Would it be possible that I have some time to consider your offer? Currently, my personal army consisting of few thousands men are waiting for me in Chu. Should I finalize my decision to join you, my men and I would travel to you within a couple of months. What says you, lord Yiye?"
Yiye Shan bowed and replied with a humble smile. "I would not be a lord, but a dictator, should I force you to make a choice now. Please go do what you must, master Wu Weilong."
XM sent me; he said "Stop asking me if I have a blog or podcast. I have no idea who you are."
NightForever
Colonel

Post by NightForever »

TGC

"Thank you very much for your kindness. Until we meet again, please take care."

Wu Weilong then bowed to the lord of Dai before riding back to meet his army in Chu.
Shangguan Wei (21) | 90-91-21-78-22 | Charge II, Delay II, Instructor II, Qiangshu II, Raid I, Yueshu II
Kaori
Not-so-new recruit
Location: on a rapidly melting glacier with a polar bear and running out of room

Post by Kaori »

Rin frowned slightly at the Magistrate's words. He seemed to have tears at the corner of his eyes and Rin wasn't sure why. She sighed and leaned back against the table, listening to her host's reverie with some concern.

"You sound so old. Like life has passed you by. You're not old enough to be that sad" A grin belied her slight annoyance at being called immature in a crafty way. She took a strand of hair and twirled it in her fingers. "If that's what you need me for I'm not sure how to help. People usually want me to act older."
Last edited by Kaori on Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sun Rin 15
(29-84-80*-20-100*)
127 gold
TGC
Lieutenant

Post by TGC »

Kaori wrote:Rin frowned slightly at the Magistrate's words. He seemed to have tears at the corner of his eyes and Rin wasn't sure why. Rin sighed and leaned back against the table, listening to her host's reverie with some concern.

"You sound so old. Like life has passed you by. You're not old enough to be that sad" A grin belied her slight annoyance at being called immature in a crafty way. She took a strand of hair and twirled it in her fingers. "If that's what you need me for I'm not sure how to help. People usually want me to act older."
Yiye Shan sighed lightly at the girl's first comment and smiled warmly at the second statement she had put into words. Speaking on a more serious, but still friendly, tone, he voiced his reply to the young woman.

"I must admit that I do sound sad and that it is not something I want. that is why I have decided to work and do what I have done. To, not only bring back the smile of the people, but mine also. I should probably rest a bit, though." He paused for a second, before answering the question she had asked. "As for what I would require you to do... Well, I do guess you would need, not to act older, but take things a little more seriously while working. When off duty, you would be free to be as playful as you wish." He paused for a moment and thought. "I cannot give you a definite answer, if you are curious about the kind of duty I would give you. But from what I have heard about you, you could be working with others, travelling provinces to find people who would like to rally to our cause, training soldiers in our armies, gathering information about those around us or supervising building projects."
Kaori
Not-so-new recruit

Post by Kaori »

A contemplative look came over Rin's features as she listened to her host. She was slightly peeved by the insinuation that it would be difficult for her to be serious. She wasn't a petulant child and it hurt slightly that Yiye Shan thought she needed to be reminded of that.

"I cannot give you a definite answer, if you are curious about the kind of duty I would give you. But from what I have heard about you, you could be working with others, travelling provinces to find people who would like to rally to our cause, training soldiers in our armies, gathering information about those around us or supervising building projects."
Her eyes fell as the Magistrate described what he wanted her to do. Finding people, training soldiers? She wanted to be fighting and escaping from dark castles, doing things she'd only read about. It sounded like she'd had more of an adventure just getting to Dai than she would staying there. As much as she'd enjoyed her time in the province, Rin was beginning to think she wouldn't be able to sit still in a place like this.

"I don't think I'd be very good at those things..." She frowned and slumped her shoulders knowing that she was being dishonest. "That isn't true, I know I could do those things, that's why I don't think I'd be very happy doing them."

Pushing herself off from the table Rin stood at her full height in a vain attempt to come closer to the Magistrate's eye level. She put her hands together and gave a deep bow, honest regret in her eyes. "Dai is a beautiful place, but I don't think I could stay here for very long. I already miss the crowds in the south, and the River. I'm sorry I wasted your time" and she was. Yiye Shan had been a clever and courteous host and Rin wished deeply that she could stay longer in his company, but she'd already kept him busy for the better part of two days and couldn't reasonably keep him to herself any longer.
Sun Rin 15
(29-84-80*-20-100*)
127 gold
TGC
Lieutenant

Post by TGC »

Kaori wrote:A contemplative look came over Rin's features as she listened to her host. She was slightly peeved by the insinuation that it would be difficult for her to be serious. She wasn't a petulant child and it hurt slightly that Yiye Shan thought she needed to be reminded of that.

"I cannot give you a definite answer, if you are curious about the kind of duty I would give you. But from what I have heard about you, you could be working with others, travelling provinces to find people who would like to rally to our cause, training soldiers in our armies, gathering information about those around us or supervising building projects."
Her eyes fell as the Magistrate described what he wanted her to do. Finding people, training soldiers? She wanted to be fighting and escaping from dark castles, doing things she'd only read about. It sounded like she'd had more of an adventure just getting to Dai than she would staying there. As much as she'd enjoyed her time in the province, Rin was beginning to think she wouldn't be able to sit still in a place like this.

"I don't think I'd be very good at those things..." She frowned and slumped her shoulders knowing that she was being dishonest. "That isn't true, I know I could do those things, that's why I don't think I'd be very happy doing them."

Pushing herself off from the table Rin stood at her full height in a vain attempt to come closer to the Magistrate's eye level. She put her hands together and gave a deep bow, honest regret in her eyes. "Dai is a beautiful place, but I don't think I could stay here for very long. I already miss the crowds in the south, and the River. I'm sorry I wasted your time" and she was. Yiye Shan had been a clever and courteous host and Rin wished deeply that she could stay longer in his company, but she'd already kept him busy for the better part of two days and couldn't reasonably keep him to herself any longer.
((OOC: I'm really sorry for the ridiculous delay, I was gone all weekend and was too tired to reply yesterday.))

Yiye Shan obviously was slightly disapointed, but not as much as he appeared to be curious. Speaking up the statement and question that burned his lips, he replied gently to the girl, on an inquiring tone. "First, I beg you not to say that I have wasted time talking to you. For not only it would imply that I had spent time with someone without a bit of knowledge in them, but also that I was foolish enough to speak to them. No time is ever wasted, nor is any knowledge unecessary. Rest assured, spending time in your company was much profitable and enjoyable." He paused for a second. "Now... before you depart, I would like to ask you two questions. Why is it you say that you would not like doing things because you are capable of doing them and what is it that you would like to do?"

((OOC: Good luck with Lin Xin, by the way. :) ))
Nanjun Tiger
General
Location: In war, it does not matter who is right, merely who is left...

Post by Nanjun Tiger »

Walking through the wet, muddy streets of Dai, a warrior entirely enclosed in a heavy, brown cloak approached the audience chamber of Yiye Shan. On either side of his waist were two deadly, exotic looking blades attached to a thick leather belt. His hood draped over his forehead, covering his eyes in shadow and leaving all of his features above his nose to the imagination.
As he came upon the guards, he halted his movements, save for one arm that reached out, offering a bamboo scroll. "Please inform Yiye Shan that Master Shi has answered his call and is here for an audience", the man spoke quietly, not revealing any expression to the facial features visable to the guards.
Ying Chou (28) 瑜德 Yude
80-42-60-60-63
Civil Administrator I, Diplomat I, Discipline II, Envelop II, Politician II