Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

ann
Administrator
Administrator

Pang Li's Audience Hall - Dongcheng

Post by ann »

~Heaven’s Orchard~

Heaven’s Orchard was a peculiar place in China In land motivated by greed, and power Heaven’s Orchard valued belonging, and community service. All throughout the city taskmasters populated the area helping strangers find what they need and see to it that that Greater Good was running smoothly. It was their job to made sure everyone was contributing. Those who didn’t where shunned, and branded unable to associate with anyone inside the Greater Good least they get the fate.

At the center of the city walls 10 feet high surrounded Heaven’s Orchard HQ, it had a gate guarded by two men and a gong. Inside was the main courtyard which was populated be various fruit giving trees tended to by the best gardeners around. It was adorned with coy ponds with fish and rocks, and was an all around wonderful place to be.

Just past the courtyard was the Audience Chamber where commoners, and guests could meet with the Heaven’s Orchard Higher Ups including Pang Li, but only after climbing many stairs that were purpose built to further out that necessary as if to make visiting Pang Li a laborious task. And it was unless you were privileged enough to take a rickshaw up the slopped path. Else the long trip up those stairs would tire someone who wasn’t in extremely good shape.

The Audience Hall was simple enough with a Large Banner in the Back with Heaven’s Orchard in Calligraphy, and a row of trees on each side of the path. Between each tree stood a guard. At the end of the path was Pang Li’s Chair made of entwined branches looking very natural. Everything inside the main compound was very naturalistic and it was clear they valued the beauty of nature. Pang Li was hardly ever at this chair but would do one day a week chosen randomly, and when someone of recognition requested.
Last edited by ann on Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
RLC
New Recruit

Post by RLC »

Rue Bei enters the city inspecting the city streets for damages. He comes accross a group of Heaven's Orchard Soldiers repairing a building. The soldiers all recongnize Rue Bei and salute him and stand at attention.

At ease soldiers. I do have one assignment for you though. Let Master Li know I will be staying at the Unhappy Pilgrim Inn, until suitable quarters are ready. Also tell him I will be taking the rest of the week off for some R&R, that battle was exhausting. Come next Monday I will be ready for duty.

The soldiers said nothing clearly they were more tired than Rue Bei who didn't even pick up a weapon in the battle and haven't been hauling junk, and moving supplies all day long. Still one ran off and carried out the order dutifully.
Kimche

Post by Kimche »

An envoy coming from the east slowly comes to a halt in front of the gate to Dongcheng. A middle age man steps out of the carriage and addresses whomever is in charge at the front gate. "I am Kiao Xiu, an officer of Lady Yi Lian of Huainan. I have a message for the Governor of this fine city."

PM sent.
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

The Message was brought forth to Pang Li, while Kiao Xiu was allowed entrance into the courtyard and offered a bench to sit on there are many fruit bearing trees for which Kiao was invited to snack on while Pang Li was busy recieving and rearranging his daily duties to see this envoy. After a shortwhile Pang Li appeared, ever so courteous he bowed to the envoy and introduced his self as Master Li.

So you represent Lord Yi Lian? Excellent indeed I wish no ill will towards someone who tries so hard in their Humanitarian Efforts, What happened at Huaiyin was unacceptable, and I am glad your lord is providing relief, we too will contribute should you accept it. Its a shame those savages couldn't be stopped, as quickly as i spread the light of the greater good, beast like them seek to stamp it out. I hope together our lights will send them far away from this land. Also please send my thanks on warning us about mobilizing on Chengde I would hate for our faction to squabbling over land. While our military is currently going under reorganiztion we do plan to incorporate Liu into Heaven's Orchard, if your Lord has no objections.
Last edited by Choso on Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kimche

Post by Kimche »

Kiao Xiu bowed and said, "None whatsoever, Governor." He continued, "If Governor Pang should wish to incorporate Liu, my lady would have no objections. My lady also extends a warm greeting and an invitation to you should you ever wish to visit Huainan." He bowed once again.
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

I would love to meet Master Lian. Perhaps sometime before the new year However with the harvest coming in and the civil upheavel Dongcheng is in It will be some time before I can spend some leisurely time. Not to mention the Chu, there is a chance we both may be dragged into this upcoming conflict. I care little eitherway just as long as these borders are protected. Still it I may be forced to pick a side eventually. And I will admit the Chu regime is far better than the Qin.

Pang took a seat opposite of Kiao, Admiring the his Orchard as the fruit was ripe with the fall.
Kimche

Post by Kimche »

"Oh?" Kiao Xiu became a little intrigued at what was said. "You are being forced into a conflict into the Chu? What do you mean by that? Is the King of Chu forcing you to fight someone?"
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

No your are the first outsider to pay Heaven's Orchard a visit besides a few mercenaries intrigued by our lifestyle. But I believe Chu isn't above Strongarming us to fight. And Governor Yi seems like a honorable man I would hate to fight against him. Hopefully these things will not come to path, but I still must consider the possibility.
Kimche

Post by Kimche »

Chinka wrote:No your are the first outsider to pay Heaven's Orchard a visit besides a few mercenaries intrigued by our lifestyle. But I believe Chu isn't above Strongarming us to fight. And Governor Yi seems like a honorable man I would hate to fight against him. Hopefully these things will not come to path, but I still must consider the possibility.
Kiao Xiu nodded. "I understand. If that be the case, I have done what I came here for. I hope your campaign against Liu is successful next month. Is there anything else you wish for me to convey to my lady?"
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

Other than I look forward to meeting her come Spring. Unless the winter is unusually mild then i may visit sooner.

Pang Li bows as he says he goodbyes, and watches the envoy as they leave the courtyard before he returns to other business.