Lin Xin's Audience Hall - Panyu

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

ann
Administrator
Administrator

Lin Xin's Audience Hall - Panyu

Post by ann »

The inner wall of the governance compound is blocked by a large wooden gate that is usually closed but can be opened, swinging outward from the middle. There is a man-sized iron door built into the left side which will allow normal foot traffic through. Two guards are always visible posted along either side of the gate.

Above the gate is a sign that states, "INTEGRITY FIRST, SERVICE BEFORE SELF, KILL OR BE KILLED."
VelvetK
Ensign

Post by VelvetK »

A young lady dressed in white garment approached the city hall of Panyu. After approaching the guard, she bowed timidly and spoke with soft, calm voice.

"Good afternoon, Sir. My name is Li Qiao. I would like to humbly ask for a meeting with the governor of Panyu or his representative, if possible. I am consent for any search."
Li Qiao (18), Female

Stats: 76-35-78-93-30
Civil Administrator III, Engineer II, Military Administrator III, Trainer III, Scribe II
Lin Xin
General

Post by Lin Xin »

The two guards snap to attention as the lady approaches the gate. They both bow in perfect unison as another guard, most likely their commander, steps through the wooden door.

The commander bows to the lady as she speaks and replies, "Of course, m'lady. Welcome to Panyu. My name is Wen, Shift Commander of the Gate. Thank you for offering your permisson to a search. I will summon a female servant right away." At a snap of his finger, one of the guards immediately disappeared behind the door and shortly returned with a female servant, who seemed to be well-trained in search techniques as she was quick and precise while conducting the search.

Nodding in satisfaction, the Shift Commander Wen stands aside to allow Qiao to enter the door. Inside stands a young administrative official waiting to quide Qiao into the building. There is a bustle of activity around them as they meandered through the halls: servants putting up new tapestries or paintings, washing the stone walls and floor, and other activities that indicate the occupant had just moved in.

Coming up to a sturdy wooden double-door flanked by two more guards, the official nodded to the two guards as he pulled open the door. The room looked to be an office as the walls were lined with shelves filled with books and scrolls. Directly in front of the door is a desk, behind which sat Xin. On either side of him were two administrators that assist with the paperwork and other mundanities of management.

Upon seeing Qiao enter, Xin stands up and walks around his desk, as if relieved to have a distraction from the paperwork. "Welcome to Panyu," he said with a bow. "My name is Lin Xin, Prefect of this city and I am glad to meet you."

As he spoke, a servant enters from a side entrance, carrying fresh, hot tea and some treats, who sets it on a small table. "Please rest yourself," he said smiling and indicating to a chair next to the small table, "and have some refreshments."
Lin Xin (32 M) 82-25-61-77-51 Civil Admin II, Diplomat I, Discipline II, Military Admin II, Politician I, Volley I, Wall I
Wife: Lee Ling Da (30 F) 75-52-62-70-52 Artisan II, Faze I, Haste I, Military Administrator I, Sortie I
Sister: Lin Jia (29 F) 30-72-61-64-72 Challenge I, Diplomat I, Doctor I, Engineer I, Faze I, Instructor I
VelvetK
Ensign

Post by VelvetK »

Li Qiao bowed to the governer of Panyu with respect.

"It is my honor to meet you, Lord Lin. I apologize for rushing in here without any invitation from your court. Yet, you allow a mere peasant like me to get inside here to meet you. You have my total admiration."

Qiao then stood up and went to sit at the prepared seat. She then continued.

"Lord Lin, I believe that a young, brave governer like you is also direct and to-the-point. Hence, please apologize me to speak directly as well. I would like to use my influence to seize the city of Guiji without any bloodshed. As you might have realized, the current governer of Guiji is a mere incompetent governer. His governership over Guiji would be just as good as no governer at all. To bring peace over Guiji and Yue province, Guiji must be taken from the current governer."

Li Qiao paused a little and continued.

However, seizing Guiji with force is something undesirable, as it costs the lives of the people of Yue. If it is possible, I would like to beg lord Lin to hold your attack against Guiji and give me some time to seize it without force. Whatever the outcome is, I promise not to turn against your influence and your army. What says you, my lord?"

Li Qiao then rolled her eyes to Lin Xin, waiting for any response.
Li Qiao (18), Female

Civil Administrator III, Engineer II, Military Administrator III, Trainer III, Scribe II
Lin Xin
General

Post by Lin Xin »

VelvetK wrote:Li Qiao bowed to the governer of Panyu with respect.

"It is my honor to meet you, Lord Lin. I apologize for rushing in here without any invitation from your court. Yet, you allow a mere peasant like me to get inside here to meet you. You have my total admiration."

Qiao then stood up and went to sit at the prepared seat. She then continued.

"Lord Lin, I believe that a young, brave governer like you is also direct and to-the-point. Hence, please apologize me to speak directly as well. I would like to use my influence to seize the city of Guiji without any bloodshed. As you might have realized, the current governer of Guiji is a mere incompetent governer. His governership over Guiji would be just as good as no governer at all. To bring peace over Guiji and Yue province, Guiji must be taken from the current governer."

Li Qiao paused a little and continued.

However, seizing Guiji with force is something undesirable, as it costs the lives of the people of Yue. If it is possible, I would like to beg lord Lin to hold your attack against Guiji and give me some time to seize it without force. Whatever the outcome is, I promise not to turn against your influence and your army. What says you, my lord?"

Li Qiao then rolled her eyes to Lin Xin, waiting for any response.
Xin waited for Qiao to sit before taking a seat himself. Pouring the tea into two cups, he nodded as Qiao spoke. Leaning back when she finished speaking, he smiled and said, "I can appreciate those of ability with humble origins who wish to make a difference in the world...for I am a prime example of one those people. I agree that the governor of Guiji is a corrupt and unjust individual. I'm sure you've heard about my unfortunate attempt at swaying the populace just recently and I can tell you it is not going to be easy."

Looking at Qiao with admiration and interest, Xin continued. "I, also, do not enjoy bloodshed. I have been able to take all the towns in Yue without a loss of a single life. If your wish is peace in Yue, please allow me propose another option for you."

Leaning forward, Xin takes a cup of tea and takes a sip after blowing over the surface. Setting the cup back on the table between them, Xin says, "I need a strong administrator for the city of Panyu...someone to manage the collection of taxes and oversee public projects. If you have any skill in such things, which I will assume you do since you believe yourself to be capable of administering Guiji, I would like to give you the rank of Magistrate and oversee Panyu. How do you feel about that?" Xin leans back into the seat while studying Qiao's face and eyes for a reaction. His proposal is sincere and he looks expectantly at Qiao.
Lin Xin (32 M) 82-25-61-77-51 Civil Admin II, Diplomat I, Discipline II, Military Admin II, Politician I, Volley I, Wall I
Wife: Lee Ling Da (30 F) 75-52-62-70-52 Artisan II, Faze I, Haste I, Military Administrator I, Sortie I
Sister: Lin Jia (29 F) 30-72-61-64-72 Challenge I, Diplomat I, Doctor I, Engineer I, Faze I, Instructor I
VelvetK
Ensign

Post by VelvetK »

Lin Xin

A smile appeared on the face of the young Qiao. She was a little surprised by the generosity and openness of lord Lin.

"Your offer is indeed very interesting to me, lord Lin. Before I make the decision about this offer, I would like to ask if you could let me know your future action towards Guiji. As you may notice, the city of Guiji might be caught by the eyes of other warlords as well. Could you let me know what would be your action towards it?"
Li Qiao (18), Female

Lin Xin
General

Post by Lin Xin »

VelvetK wrote:Lin Xin

A smile appeared on the face of the young Qiao. She was a little surprised by the generosity and openness of lord Lin.

"Your offer is indeed very interesting to me, lord Lin. Before I make the decision about this offer, I would like to ask if you could let me know your future action towards Guiji. As you may notice, the city of Guiji might be caught by the eyes of other warlords as well. Could you let me know what would be your action towards it?"
Xin smiles in hope at her positive response. "I assure you that I will do all that I can to ensure the safety and protection of the people of Guiji," he replied, nodding. "It is true that there are others who may desire the city for themselves. Also, I completely understand your concern for the city and its citizens for I feel the same for all of Yue. I promise you, right here, right now, that, with your assistance, I will seek to secure its walls with as little bloodshed as possible."
VelvetK
Ensign

Post by VelvetK »

Lin Xin

(OOC: I assume that this conversation was before the battle between Wuzhong and Panyu then.)

After pondering for a moment, the young Qiao said the lord Lin.

"Lord Lin, I am very grateful to your offer. Like marrying to a husband, serving a master is a life-long obligation. Please allow me to spend some time to think about it. Let fate destine us if we will have a chance to meet again. Before that time, I wish good luck and prosperity be with you."

Li Qiao then bowed to the young lord of Panyu and prepared to leave, given that there was not further word or action from him.
Li Qiao (18), Female

Wren

Post by Wren »

After getting instructions from the Marquis, Shen Ling was sent to the Yue province. She first stops at Panyu to see Magistrate Lin.

Shen Ling: I'm Shen Ling, from Huainan. I come on behalf of Marquis Yi.
Lin Xin
General

Post by Lin Xin »

Wren wrote:After getting instructions from the Marquis, Shen Ling was sent to the Yue province. She first stops at Panyu to see Magistrate Lin.

Shen Ling: I'm Shen Ling, from Huainan. I come on behalf of Marquis Yi.
The guards snap to attention at the approach of another female to the gates of Panyu. Shift Commander Wen almost trips as he hurries out of the gate door to meet the new arrival. Stumbling a bit, he rights himself quickly and, after adjusting his armor again, turns and bows to Ling.

"Welcome to Panyu Lady Shen of Huainan. Withwhom do you seek an audience with today? Also, I hope you will consent to a search."

With a wave of Wen's hand, one of the guards disappeared into the doorway and reappeared moments later with a female servant in tow. They waited patiently for Ling's response.