Li Peng's Audience Hall - Yangdi

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Zi You de
Colonel

Post by Zi You de »

Taishi Ci wrote:
"So, Commander Dai, what particular questions did you have in mind?"
Dai looked over the troops with some curiosity, taking note how he could on what they might have been thinking. He continued surveying their demeanor, but turned to Li Peng after a short time.

"This is a fine group of soldiery, but, and I understand if you are not too particular given the sensitivity, but for the Empire; how many souls have you to serve His Majesty?"

He said in a neutral tone with his hands resting via thumbs in his belt. He took a quick glance around to make sure that there were no prying ears too near to hear them.
Dai Mu Male, 27
90-94-22-67-18
Challenge I, Charge III, Gongshu II, Maraud II, Qiangshu III

"Zi You de has the best stat line ever. : P "
Taishi Ci
Major

Post by Taishi Ci »

Zi You de

Peng smiled a little. "I am glad to see that you think so. These men have been through a few hardships since Yueyang, and I like to think they manage well enough."

He took a look around as well. "The number of troops is not insignificant, but I am hesitant to say it aloud; the walls have ears, they say. I have a report that I have been meaning to send back to the capital with such information, and you will receive it before your departure. It has that information with it."

Su Lei

The servant placed a cup before her and filled it to the brim, before also pouring a cup for the Prefect as well. Li Peng took his seat and had a small sip before speaking.

"Lady Li, I see you are as impressive in person as I had heard. Your assistance would be a great asset to my rulership here in Hann, and I think you would accomplish much here. There are quite a few interesting people here, you know.

"Besides that, I wonder if you have any information regarding the other question I posed you, concerning your lineage? I could, if needed, send to the capital in Luoyang for records, but I wanted to hear your own knowledge and thoughts first."
Baocen Peng (75) 73-20-88-60-49
Confuse II, Jeer II, Poison II, Scout II, Scout I
Zi You de
Colonel

Post by Zi You de »

Taishi Ci wrote:Zi You de

Peng smiled a little. "I am glad to see that you think so. These men have been through a few hardships since Yueyang, and I like to think they manage well enough."

He took a look around as well. "The number of troops is not insignificant, but I am hesitant to say it aloud; the walls have ears, they say. I have a report that I have been meaning to send back to the capital with such information, and you will receive it before your departure. It has that information with it."
Dai Mu smirked. "Ah, yes. I do understand." He said, nodding off as he looked over the men for a moment before snapping back his attention to Peng. "On such a topic, I have been instructed to give you this." He said, reaching into his garments and producing a note sealed with the Prime Minister's signet. "Not sure if it's my business to know what it says, but it is to be delivered to you." He said, extending the note to Peng directly, mindful that it reaches it's intended target and no other.
Dai Mu Male, 27
90-94-22-67-18

Taishi Ci
Major

Post by Taishi Ci »

Peng nodded, and looked at the letter in Dai Mu's outstretched hand. "A letter from the Prime Minister? Hmm." He reached out and took it, carefully breaking the seal and reading the contents. There was the briefest smile on his face before it became serious again, and stashed away the letter on his person.

"I thank you for having brought this, Commander," he said, before turning to one of his aides. "Bring me the report I have prepared." The aide quickly ran off down one of the hallways to carry out this task. Peng turned back to Dai Mu. "Tell me, Commander, how has Heaven treated you since last we met at Yueyang?"
Su Lei
New Recruit

Post by Su Lei »

Taishi Ci wrote:Su Lei

The servant placed a cup before her and filled it to the brim, before also pouring a cup for the Prefect as well. Li Peng took his seat and had a small sip before speaking.

"Lady Li, I see you are as impressive in person as I had heard. Your assistance would be a great asset to my rulership here in Hann, and I think you would accomplish much here. There are quite a few interesting people here, you know.

"Besides that, I wonder if you have any information regarding the other question I posed you, concerning your lineage? I could, if needed, send to the capital in Luoyang for records, but I wanted to hear your own knowledge and thoughts first."
Li Ruisheng sat down gently and proceeded to reach for the cup of tea in front of her. She nodded politely as the prefect spoke and took small sips from her tea. When lineage was mentioned, however, her hand shook a little, perhaps imperceptibly. She placed the cup back on the table, for a long explanation was to come.

"Prefect Li, I sincerely thank you for your compliments and kind words. When it comes to the issue of lineage, you will perhaps be surprised to know I have as little information on the subject as you might have."

She sighed, looking at the cup of tea, unable to face Prefect Li directly for a second. Then she spoke, and her voice seemed to take a mystical, singosong tone, a tone for storytelling.

"I was born almost eighteen years ago in the town of Qingcheng, in the province of Di. The man I called my father was a warlord in the town, of a very prominent family. Yet his name was not Li. His name was Yan."

Ruisheng took a brief pause to sip some tea before continuing. The words seemed to flow gracefully from her lips.

"Warlord Yan had a wife. A woman of great beauty and an even greater intelligence, as to make up for her deliberate lack of kindness. She dominated the affairs under our roof, setting rules to keep her world under control. She established that only her children entitled to learn her husband's complete name. As you can see, I do not know it. She was not my mother."

She closed her eyes for a second recollecting her memories, scattered all over her head. Then she spoke yet again, a dreamy, melancholic quality in her voice.

"Warlord Yan also had many concubines all with different ranks. The house was full of them and their many children, who played everywhere and whose increasing number used to worry Yan Taitai. Among the not so highly ranked there was a woman far more beautiful than any other, far more beautiful than Yan Taitai herself, who after losing two children to illness had a little daughter she adored. My nurse used to say when I was little that she belonged in a palace, that she should not have agreed to such a marriage, to the dishonor of being a mere concubine. For she was graceful and virtuous, and loyal to a fault. When a Xiongnu horde raided the town, she chose to stay with her husband, for it was her duty. The warlord, his wife, her entire household was executed. Except for me."

Ruisheng's voice shook a little, as emotion attempted to overcome her. She spoke for the last time.

"I was that concubine's daughter. When the town was invaded my mother urged me to go into hiding, for she could not bear the thought of having to lose her only surviving child. I obeyed, and promised to honor her memory. And s a way of keeping that promise I took my mother's family name."

Ruisheng pointed to a drawing in her robes. It was a richly embroidered plum tree.

"Do you see it? This belonged to my mother. Her name was Li Mei. I always meant to ask her about her past, her life before marrying warlord Yan. However, before I had the proper age to request those answers the invasion took place. This is all I know. As for the assistance I could give you, I'm no general, no officer, no fighter of any sort. If you could tell me exactly what it is that you want from me, I will consider it."
Li Ruisheng (17)
55-36-85-66-84
Diplomat III, Propagandist II, Spy II, Artisan I, Scribe I, Poison I.
Taishi Ci
Major

Post by Taishi Ci »

Peng nodded at the young woman's story, interested in the tale. "I see... From Di, you say? I have been there a few times, though not in recent years. I'm afraid I didn't know of Yan Taitai. Still, he must have been quite a character. I'm sorry to hear about the Xiongnu."

He looked at the pattern on her robes. "So, your mother's name was Li Mei? How unusual: my own daughter's name is Li Meifeng. She is about the same age as you, I think you would become good friends. Unfortunately she is, ah... away at the moment, but I'm sure she'll be back soon.

"I can check on your lineage by a request to the Imperial Records, if you like. Surely such information would be revealing, no?"

He took another sip of tea.

"As for what I would want you to do, it isn't something like fighting in battles. For generals, I have Mi Zhe; for warriors, Xiang Ban and Chen Deng; for advisers, Zhou Chun and Lai Zheng; and for politicians, Wan Zhai and myself. But what I lack are men and women of the people, those who can turn people to my side. I would ask you, first, to assist me in finding worthy officers like yourself for my service; and second, to be one of my diplomats in foreign affairs and the like. Would you be interested in that?"
Zi You de
Colonel

Post by Zi You de »

Taishi Ci wrote:
"I thank you for having brought this, Commander," he said, before turning to one of his aides. "Bring me the report I have prepared." The aide quickly ran off down one of the hallways to carry out this task. Peng turned back to Dai Mu. "Tell me, Commander, how has Heaven treated you since last we met at Yueyang?"
"Quite strange you word it that way." He said, pausing a moment as he was in a juxtapose of thought. "The other night... I do not recall specifically which one, I was given a dream promising great wealth if I but seize it- just after I was assigned to bring you the message. Though between then and Yueyang things have been quiet, things can only seem to improve. " He said, rather intrigued by the recollection of his dream and thusly enthusiastic in the retelling of it.
"And you? Has your dominion faired well?"
Dai Mu Male, 27
90-94-22-67-18

Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin
Location: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Post by Lurking Tyranny »

Bèigùde Shòu had disbanded his army months ago after his failed raid against the vile brotherhood. He had been unsuccessful and many brave men had perished, but he had survived and escaped along with his constant companion.

It had been a heavy decision to come here, but he did not see any better alternative. If he was going to fight for something he might as well fight for the Empire and a man he could respect.

"You!" He shouted from the back of his midnight charger as it reared and kicked its front legs in the open air. "Let Lord Li know that Móushā zhě has arrived and wishes to speak with him."
GMNPC's
Fan Zeng, Prime Minister of Chu

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Liu Bang then asked Han Xin, who had served under Xiang Yu but was driven out, "what is Xiang Yu's weakness? Is there a way to defeat him?" Han Xin calmly replied, "No, Xiang Yu himself is invincible, he is destined to be king."
Taishi Ci
Major

Post by Taishi Ci »

Zi You de

Peng's lips curled into a smile. "A dream of greatness, you say? Perhaps it was a sign from Heaven, if you believe such things. As for my own fortune, I have lost Yueyang, of course; but since then I have gained control of Hann, a linchpin in the defense of the Qin lands. And I intend to hold it well."

The soldier from before came running up, with a long scroll wrapped and bound, and sealed with Li Peng's mark. He presented it to Dai Mu. "This is my memorial to His Majesty," said Li Peng. "It should contain all the necessary information, but I ask that none open it before His Majesty sees it himself."

"Can I help you with anything else, Commander?"

Lurking Tyranny

The guard scurried off in a hurry, looking for his lord, and before long Li Peng emerged from the complex to meet his guest. He had a surprised look upon his face, not expecting Beigude Shou.

"Mousha zhe! I thought you had died with your men in Yong, there had been no word for months. Come, come inside, I will give you and your officer a good meal and a place to rest. What news do you bring from the west?"
Zi You de
Colonel

Post by Zi You de »

Taishi Ci wrote:
Peng's lips curled into a smile. "A dream of greatness, you say? Perhaps it was a sign from Heaven, if you believe such things. As for my own fortune, I have lost Yueyang, of course; but since then I have gained control of Hann, a linchpin in the defense of the Qin lands. And I intend to hold it well."

The soldier from before came running up, with a long scroll wrapped and bound, and sealed with Li Peng's mark. He presented it to Dai Mu. "This is my memorial to His Majesty," said Li Peng. "It should contain all the necessary information, but I ask that none open it before His Majesty sees it himself."

"Can I help you with anything else, Commander?"
"You are surely a busy man. Directions to the best eatery around and I shall leave you to your duties." He said with a grin and a respectful, dutiful nod. He took the scroll and then placed it within his garb, similar to the manner and location in which the letter which he brought earlier was stored.
Dai Mu Male, 27
90-94-22-67-18