Li Zhu's Audience Hall - Zhaoge

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Royalspork
Marshal

Post by Royalspork »

The guard looks at this man, pale from being inside at months at end, and spoke, "I can let you see lord Li Zhu, if you hand me that sword you are clinging to."
Lao Kong
Not a ruler!

Post by Lao Kong »

Royalspork wrote:The guard looks at this man, pale from being inside at months at end, and spoke, "I can let you see lord Li Zhu, if you hand me that sword you are clinging to."
Paranoia was not a trait Lao Yongrui had claimed before, but he eyed the guards suspiciously as they requested his sword. A war of thoughts waged silently behind his eyes, before he reluctantly pulled Nuying's Fang from his belt and tossed it to the man's feet.

"Lead on, then."
Lao Yongrui, Age 20 Male
93-80*78-53-22
Charge II, Envelop II, Military Admin I, Scout II, Smith I, Wall II
Royalspork
Marshal

Post by Royalspork »

A secondary guard goes to pick up the sword, as the first says, "This shall be returned to you at the end of your dealings here."
The guard then leads the man through the city, busy like bees in new spring, everyone is moving and and at work.
The guard then comes to the office of Li Zhu, no large audience hall, as that is still the domain of Xia Xi. He opens the door, and reveals Li Zhu sitting at his desk.

Li Zhu speaks, "Good day, sir, what brings you here? Not troubles, I hope."
Lao Kong
Not a ruler!

Post by Lao Kong »

Yongrui follows the guards into the office. It was by no means small, but it was no audience hall. The man looked around the room, mildly confused. "I don't believe the guards heard me correctly. I wish to speak to the ruler of this place, not his man, Li Zhu. Surely you remember me?" Yongrui had remembered the man vaguely from when he spoke with Xia Xi, and his own name was not unknown to the land.
Lao Yongrui, Age 20 Male
93-80*78-53-22
Royalspork
Marshal

Post by Royalspork »

Li Zhu looks at the man without any emotion of any kind, and responds, "I am as much as the ruler of this place as any man can be the ruler. Old King Xia has been sick for some time, and has relinquished his powers to me. But I do not remember you, as I do not believe you and I have ever met, I usually have a good memory for faces I have seen."
Lao Kong
Not a ruler!

Post by Lao Kong »

Yongrui shook his head at the news, for it was grim indeed. "I am Lao Yongrui, former Lord of Qufu. It seems that debilitating illness runs in the family, for I was bedridden for nearly four months, put down by a killing poison. If we were family of course. Surely you know Xia Xi is my godfather? It would be good to know of his health, as well as his daughter Liangyu's, my sister."
Lao Yongrui, Age 20 Male
93-80*78-53-22
Royalspork
Marshal

Post by Royalspork »

Li Zhu nods, "I see, Xia Xi is on his sick bed in Xiashu... Funny, he built Xiashu to be the sign of his rise in power, but now it acts as his living tomb. His fate is sad, but his daughter is still alive and well, but has no talent at kingdom running."
Lao Kong
Not a ruler!

Post by Lao Kong »

He could hardly tell what the man was hinting at, but Yongrui was somewhat assured by the man's benign intentions. The fire of his anger died, and the stewing frustration pent up in him simmered away, slowly. He finally took a seat across from Lu Zhi, before he spoke again.

"Well then, Lu Zhi, I had come here to ally my sword with that of my godfather's, and if he would trust you with his realm, then I will put my lot in with yours. Have you need of me in your army?"
Lao Yongrui, Age 20 Male
93-80*78-53-22
Royalspork
Marshal

Post by Royalspork »

Li Zhu looks at the man and says, "Yes I remember you, and I know you are able and loyal, please, I will be happy to find you a proper office."

Lao Yongrui has joined
Royalspork
Marshal

Post by Royalspork »

Li Zhu looks at the man and says, "Yes I remember you, and I know you are able and loyal, please, I will be happy to find you a proper office."

Lao Yongrui has joined