Ying Huhai's Audience Hall - Luoyang

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

Jack Flack wrote:Halfway through the month of December, a caravan arrives at the gates of Luoyang, flying the flags of Qin, and being led by a powerful man on horseback, with an axe strapped to his back. As he approached the guards, he waved the carriage behind him to stop. Looking to the guards, he dismounted his horse and bowed.

Chen Wei: I have come to speak to Minister Zhao, or one of his ministers. My name is Chen Wei. I believe he is expecting me. I have come with news and tribute from Huyang.

The man waited, not moving to disarm himself, or provide further explanation of his presence.
Seeing the flags of Qin ablaze on his wagon, the guards nodded. "Follow us," they said. Leading Chen Wei through a maze of corridors, they brought him to a small suite in the palace. "The minister is in a meeting. If you would please wait here, he will be with you shortly."

As the men walked away, one nodded to Chen Wei and closed the door, locking it behind him.
Nash wrote:Zhang Han arrived at the capital of the 'true' Qin government with his only remaining prisoner in tow, Ying Fusu. Fusu was bound about the wrists, ankles and torso, as customary, and also had a black hood on so as not to allow anyone to recognize him. Zhang Han came upon the imperial palace and called to the guards.

Zhang Han: I am Zhang Han, Supreme Commander of the Qin Army! I have brought a gift for His Imperial Majesty! Please alert Chancellor Li, Minister Zhao, and His Imperial Majesty as to my arrival!
The guards made way. He was met just inside the door by the Prime Minister, who looked somewhat shocked. "Supreme Commander, what is the meaning of this?"

Seeing the situation more clearly after a moment, the man changed his mind. "Nevermind. Please follow me." Li Si led the man to an audience chamber, and had a servant fetch Zhao Gao and Emperor Huhai. Looking back to Zhang Han, Li Si smiled. "Now. Before the others arrive, why don't you tell me what is going on?"
Nash
Marshal

Post by Nash »

Charlemagne wrote:The guards made way. He was met just inside the door by the Prime Minister, who looked somewhat shocked. "Supreme Commander, what is the meaning of this?"

Seeing the situation more clearly after a moment, the man changed his mind. "Nevermind. Please follow me." Li Si led the man to an audience chamber, and had a servant fetch Zhao Gao and Emperor Huhai. Looking back to Zhang Han, Li Si smiled. "Now. Before the others arrive, why don't you tell me what is going on?"
Zhang Han proudly marched into the audience chambers, ordering his men to bring the bound and hooded figure with them. At the chancellor's questioning he only smiled.

Zhang Han: I would not wish to ruin the surprise to soon, Chancellor. In my trip to Xianyang, I happened to catch some wild game that His Imperial Highness might be interested in seeing...so to speak.

Considering how hard he worked, he didn't want to tip his hat so soon that he had only achieved an idol victory. Especially with Fusu giving him the knowledge that one of his and Huhai's other brothers had survived the imperial purge.
Xun Ruishi (46) 90-72*-60-36-51 Military Administrator II, Jianshu I, Wall II, Rupture II, Envelop I
Followers:
Chao Shi (39) 43-95-44-62-72 Decoy II, Diplomat I, Jianshu I, Faze I, Scribe I, Qiangshu I, Entangle I
Ye Zhuo (23) 83-57-88-65-58 Charge I, Rally I, Entrench I, Rupture I, Haste I, Artisan I

Also Portraying: Zhang Han, Kuai Tong, and Fan Kuai; with a dash of Fu Tong for flavor.
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Ying Huhai, returning somewhat earlier than expected from his own hunt. Ordered the game he had killed sent to the kitchens to be prepared for a feast. His companions eagerly went to make preparations - some to the kitchens to try and give orders to the cooks for the preparation of Panda and others to find women for their king to 'hunt' later. One slipped out to inform Zhao Gao of the Emperor's movements.

As the emperor began to retell the story of his killing of the extremely ferocious black and white bear beast to those of his companions and servants who remained, a messenger came to report that the Supreme Commander had returned. The Emperor, anxious for a wider audience for his hunting story, as well as for whatever news might be available about his traitorous sibling, immediately made his way to the hall.

He entered and said, "What news?"
Nash
Marshal

Post by Nash »

The eager, but stoic, commander bowed humbly and saluted the Emperor as he came into the room.

Zhang Han: Your Imperial Majesty...I, Supreme Commander Zhang Han, have just returned from the fighting at Xianyang. I will admit that I abandoned the assault on the city after I destroyed their forces in the field, rather than besiege Xianyang and tear it down brick-by-brick.

He motioned toward the hooded figure beside him.

Zhang Han: You see, Your Imperial Highness, a siege would have taken several weeks to finish and I knew you would want to see this much sooner. So rather than waste time on conquesting the city, I decided to bring you this prisoner as a gift.

With that, he grabbed hold of the hood and tugged it off, exposing Ying Fusu's head.

Zhang Han: Your Imperial Majesty...I present to you, your elder brother, Prince Fusu.
Xun Ruishi (46) 90-72*-60-36-51 Military Administrator II, Jianshu I, Wall II, Rupture II, Envelop I
Followers:
Chao Shi (39) 43-95-44-62-72 Decoy II, Diplomat I, Jianshu I, Faze I, Scribe I, Qiangshu I, Entangle I
Ye Zhuo (23) 83-57-88-65-58 Charge I, Rally I, Entrench I, Rupture I, Haste I, Artisan I

Also Portraying: Zhang Han, Kuai Tong, and Fan Kuai; with a dash of Fu Tong for flavor.
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

The Emperor, who had, at first been angered to realize that Xianyang had not been further destroyed, was stunned by the sight of his brother. He moved to the dais and knelt facing the others. After a long pause he said, "You have done well to capture the traitor alive. It is good that he should suffer a fitting death."

He did not look at his brother but said, "We shall celebrate your success at a feast this evening. There we will share the results of my own hunt today. A large and terrible white and black bear beast."

He turned to look Fusu in the face and said, "Perhaps we shall be regaled with the screams of this traitor as he suffers the cuts."
Nash
Marshal

Post by Nash »

ann wrote:The Emperor, who had, at first been angered to realize that Xianyang had not been further destroyed, was stunned by the sight of his brother. He moved to the dais and knelt facing the others. After a long pause he said, "You have done well to capture the traitor alive. It is good that he should suffer a fitting death."

He did not look at his brother but said, "We shall celebrate your success at a feast this evening. There we will share the results of my own hunt today. A large and terrible white and black bear beast."

He turned to look Fusu in the face and said, "Perhaps we shall be regaled with the screams of this traitor as he suffers the cuts."
Zhang Han bowed again at the praise, but decided to step up one more knotch.

Zhang Han: Your Imperial Majesty, there is more news. Your other brother Prince Jianglu still lives and is in the care of Meng Tian. He is week, sickly, and vengeful. He is a martyr for the fight against you.

He raised his hands disarmingly.

Zhang Han: Although this may seem like poor news, it actually works quite well in our favor, Your Majesty. Might I suggest a way to destroy your disloyal brothers in a more effective manner than simply giving them a much-deserved butchering?
Followers:

ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

The Emperor nearly rose at the news about Jianglu but stopped and managed to listen to Zhang Han finish speaking. He narrowed his eyes and said, "Please, tell me what you mean. Though, I warn you, I can think of no reason not to execute this ... traitor."

As he finished he glared again and Fusu before turning back to Zhang Han. He was surprised that Jianglu was alive and his hands tensed at the thought of the Meng Tian having yet another puppet.
Nash
Marshal

Post by Nash »

ann wrote:The Emperor nearly rose at the news about Jianglu but stopped and managed to listen to Zhang Han finish speaking. He narrowed his eyes and said, "Please, tell me what you mean. Though, I warn you, I can think of no reason not to execute this ... traitor."

As he finished he glared again and Fusu before turning back to Zhang Han. He was surprised that Jianglu was alive and his hands tensed at the thought of the Meng Tian having yet another puppet.
Zhang Han bowed again, given the prospect of speaking to the Emperor himself and winning himself some much-needed esteem. Duke? Hmph, he'd be a King if things kept going his way like this.

Zhang Han: Your Imperial Majesty, might I suggest you pardon your brother?

He didn't wait for that to sink in, and therefore be rejected, before continuing.

Zhang Han: You see, I have recently been given news that General Meng Tian plots with the lords of the West to depose your brother for his own gain or even in favor of Prince Jianglu. If you execute Prince Fusu, it will only strengthen your other brother's position and win him more supporters.

He shrugged dramatically.

Zhang Han: If you could, however, find it in your grandiose heart to forgive your brother for his actions and instead exile him to some out-of-the-way province than the people will sing praises of your name and will rise up against the other usurpers. Nothing is stronger than an army with loyal, dedicated soldiers, Your Majesty.

He made a movement to come nearer to the Emperor, although not a grotesquely large step.

Zhang Han: Besides, with Prince Fusu and Prince Jianglu both alive...the rest of the usurpers will split into factions and begin fighting amongst each other, rather than fight against you, Your Majesty. With their loyalties destroyed it would be a simple matter to destroy them.

He may not know politics, but he wasn't some simple-minded fool, either. He knew how to win a war, at the very least. But he had one more option to submit, away from the ears of his captive.

Zhang Han: And if I may approach His Imperial Highness, I think I can sate your need for much-deserved vengeance, as well?
Followers:

ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

The Emperor straightened his back and narrowed his eyes, staring at Zhang Han. After a moment he said, "Pardon the traitor? Perhaps send him to the wall? That worked so well in the past didn't it."

Huhai forced himself to relax his hands before continuing. After a moment he said, "We must kill him and Jianglu as well - and any others of my father's unworthy progeny who might linger around to fall into the hands of the Meng brothers."

He did, however, allow Zhang Han to approach and waited to hear what more he had to say.
Nash
Marshal

Post by Nash »

Zhang Han approached, somewhat hesitant as he was treading on new soil...and probably about to perk Zhao Gao's wrath in the long-run. He got within ten paces of the Emperor, the closest he dared, and spoke softly so that the others further away could not hear his plan.

Zhang Han: The southeast is filled with rebels, corrupt officials, and bandits. I suggest you exile the Prince to Wu or perhaps Huainan or Yue. The anti-Qin sentiments in the area will be set off and your brother will not last very long before someone kills him, anyway. You get his blood and you can recover any lost power held over the east. With Prince Fusu so far from his allies and stuck within some rebel official's castle as an 'Inspector,' we can pick his armies off as they try to march east to return to him.

He motioned toward the west.

Zhang Han: With the armies split, your other brother will be much easier to deal with. The rebels in Chu are fighting amongst each other right now, this is the perfect time to destroy the usurper armies!
Followers: