Ying Huhai's Audience Hall - Luoyang

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

The man had begun to pour Meifeng another glass of wine when he had to stop to prevent his spilling of the fluid. "Go ask him what!? No, absolutely..." the man was nearly choking on his own incredulity at this point. "No! No no no no No! What is wrong with you, child? Listen to me, child. Listen carefully. You are to tell nobody who you are, do you understand? You will fashion a new name for yourself, you will lose that fancy dress, and you will conduct yourself as a servant. My servant. And if anyone asks, you will say nothing contrary to this."

He finished pouring the glass, and pushed it back to her. "If Zhao Gao or Huhai had knowledge of who you were, your father would be at their mercy more than he already is. He'll be doing more than bathing in horse blood, believe you me." Setting his elbows on the table, Li Si began to rub his temples thoughtfully. He just shook his head for a moment, and closed his eyes. Sighing, he finally asked, "Provided you can put the idea of getting yourself killed or worse, aside, what is it exactly that you are qualified to do?"
Angelic Crux
Officer

Post by Angelic Crux »

Meifeng couldn't help but pout a bit as he sputtered and almost spilled the wine. She didn't really like being called child, since she thought of herself as a smart, independent woman, but she was probably going to have to get used to it. At least he didn't have any problem serving alcohol to minors. "I have to come up with a new name? Huh... um... can it be anything? I guess I'll have to think about what my new name is..." She seemed to have implicitly agreed to the plan, sipping thoughtfully at the cup cradled in both hands.

"I don't really understand why they'd want to do bad stuff to my Dad, but... you do seem pretty honest, so I guess I can believe you." Oooh, talents! Meifeng put down her cup, straightening up. "Well, I used to help my Mom when we needed to get extra money. Like... I'd chat up a guy while she pick-pocketed him or pretend to have broken my leg and then she and her friends would pop out from behind a corner and like club someone on the head. I also just like people! Like... just before I came here, I met your Chief of Officials in Xianyang! Can you believe it? A mystic once told me I was born to have really powerful luck, though..."

She picked up her cup, taking another long drink. Usually her mother had kept her from having too much since she was foolish enough without it, so Meifeng was enjoying the chance to just cut loose. "He's a really good person! I hope he gets promoted soon... oh, anyway, but that's what I'm good at!" A distinguished resumé, to say the least.
Li Fang (225) 65-46-70-92-49 Artisan II, Civil Administrator II, Military Administrator II, Trainer II, Scribe II, Smith I

GMNPCS
Lu Zhi, Wife of Liu Bang
Yu Miaoyi, Concubine to Xiang Yu
Charlemagne
Marquis

Post by Charlemagne »

She was a talkative one. No denying it, though Li Si wondered how to correct it without taking her tongue. "Yes. A new name. And we shall have to teach you to act like a servant. Which will mean that when we are not in private, you shall have to be more docile. Can you manage that?" He wasn't so sure. But if her list of odd jobs was to be believed, it sounded like she had to have some concept of stealth.

"We will need all of that luck and more, I think. Tell me Meifeng. Can you read and write? I'm assuming you can, though your recount of your past does cast some doubts. Can you take dictation, or otherwise act as a scribe or secretary?"

Refilling both glasses, the Prime Minister smiled. He raised an eyebrow at the young woman and inquired, "And can you dance?" This wasn't really a pertinent question, so much as a curiosity for the Prime Minister. Li Si loved the arts, and he doubted that the girl was overly gifted in much other than perhaps dancing.
Angelic Crux
Officer

Post by Angelic Crux »

She'd give a quick nod, a bit over-eager to just agree to whatever needed agreeing to. "Oh, I can totally do that! Y'know, like... being sweet and demure and quiet and stuff like that. Well, I don't have a lot of practice, but... I saw mom do it a lot, so I'm probably good at it, too! When I was younger, she used to give me treats for how long I could stay quiet..." She finished off her second glass, having developed a delightful glow that complimented her cheerful demeanor.

"I can read and write some! Um... not complicated things, but like... numbers and enough words to figure things out. I wish I could remember the name of the guy who taught me..." She sighed a bit, letting her mind drift back to earlier times. She'd really enjoyed learning how to read and write, even if it was just a bit. It'd let her imagine herself doing something a bit more dignified than what her job prospects otherwise were.

Coming back to with the pouring of more wine, she blinked and gave another nod. "Oh, sure! Writing and dictation, whatever you need! Um... dancing, too! Actually, I'm pretty sure I'm better at dancing than dictation... like with long sleeves and sort of twirling and things like that?" She lifted up her glass to take another drink, beaming proudly. "Even if I'm not that good, guys seem to think I'm okay since I'm nice to look at. So it's a win win! Um... so, I'm not going to be executed? This wine's really good..." She pointed to the cup, giving him an approving nod as she sipped some more.
Li Fang (225) 65-46-70-92-49 Artisan II, Civil Administrator II, Military Administrator II, Trainer II, Scribe II, Smith I

GMNPCS
Lu Zhi, Wife of Liu Bang
Yu Miaoyi, Concubine to Xiang Yu
Rebel
NPC spammer

Post by Rebel »

Charlemagne wrote:
Li Si chuckled to himself. "Rumors! Rumors are the killing blow to the crowns of good men. You should be careful in what you believe, espescially if you have only heard and not seen. It will be a rumor that sends me to the Nine Springs, no doubt."

The Prime Minister motioned for the man to sit. "However. In the present, we shall deal with your proposition. Where in our kingdom are you from? We have able men all over, but if I decide to employ you, I will do my best to keep you relatively close to your family and home."
Zhong nodded.

"That is why I came here good minister. To see for myself what I had heard."

Taking the offered seat he answered.

"I live at JinYang. A beautiful, although a bit neglected city in Wei to the north. Though I don't have any specific place in mind where I'd like to work."
Charlemagne
Marquis

Post by Charlemagne »

"You won't be executed," the man began. "Provided of course that you follow every instruction I give you. There are those here who would do you harm, and you must take care for your father's sake to avoid them." Li Si didn't feel the need to elaborate. That, or the girl was already giving him a headache with her chatter. "There is a spare room off of mine. I will have you installed there. You are not to wander the palace without me, is that clear?"

The hall off the side of the minister's study led directly to his personal quarters, and he led the woman along, holding her wine glass for her until the trip was over. He had valuable rugs, and wasn't sure that she was still sober enough not to spill on them. When they came to his room, he motioned towards a door, and then opened it for her. "Your room is not large, but I keep it well furnished. I will have proper dresses sent up for you in the morning. Is there anything else you need, until I can formulate a clear plan on how to keep you hidden in plain sight?"

The minister handed her back the wine, along with a couple of candles and a holder. He had a few books that he set into her room, so that she might practice. "By the morning, I should have the situation handled. Hopefully." Li Si was tired, and was starting to look it.
Charlemagne
Marquis

Post by Charlemagne »

Angelic Crux wrote:She'd give a quick nod, a bit over-eager to just agree to whatever needed agreeing to. "Oh, I can totally do that! Y'know, like... being sweet and demure and quiet and stuff like that. Well, I don't have a lot of practice, but... I saw mom do it a lot, so I'm probably good at it, too! When I was younger, she used to give me treats for how long I could stay quiet..." She finished off her second glass, having developed a delightful glow that complimented her cheerful demeanor.

"I can read and write some! Um... not complicated things, but like... numbers and enough words to figure things out. I wish I could remember the name of the guy who taught me..." She sighed a bit, letting her mind drift back to earlier times. She'd really enjoyed learning how to read and write, even if it was just a bit. It'd let her imagine herself doing something a bit more dignified than what her job prospects otherwise were.

Coming back to with the pouring of more wine, she blinked and gave another nod. "Oh, sure! Writing and dictation, whatever you need! Um... dancing, too! Actually, I'm pretty sure I'm better at dancing than dictation... like with long sleeves and sort of twirling and things like that?" She lifted up her glass to take another drink, beaming proudly. "Even if I'm not that good, guys seem to think I'm okay since I'm nice to look at. So it's a win win! Um... so, I'm not going to be executed? This wine's really good..." She pointed to the cup, giving him an approving nod as she sipped some more.
"You won't be executed," the man began. "Provided of course that you follow every instruction I give you. There are those here who would do you harm, and you must take care for your father's sake to avoid them." Li Si didn't feel the need to elaborate. That, or the girl was already giving him a headache with her chatter. "There is a spare room off of mine. I will have you installed there. You are not to wander the palace without me, is that clear?"

The hall off the side of the minister's study led directly to his personal quarters, and he led the woman along, holding her wine glass for her until the trip was over. He had valuable rugs, and wasn't sure that she was still sober enough not to spill on them. When they came to his room, he motioned towards a door, and then opened it for her. "Your room is not large, but I keep it well furnished. I will have proper dresses sent up for you in the morning. Is there anything else you need, until I can formulate a clear plan on how to keep you hidden in plain sight?"

The minister handed her back the wine, along with a couple of candles and a holder. He had a few books that he set into her room, so that she might practice. "By the morning, I should have the situation handled. Hopefully." Li Si was tired, and was starting to look it.

Li Meifeng has come to court. Post officer info!
Rebel wrote:Zhong nodded.

"That is why I came here good minister. To see for myself what I had heard."

Taking the offered seat he answered.

"I live at JinYang. A beautiful, although a bit neglected city in Wei to the north. Though I don't have any specific place in mind where I'd like to work."
"Very well," responded the Prime Minister. "Unfortunately, I am more in control of foreign relations. If you will make yourself at home, I will introduce you to Minister Zhao in the morning, and he will give you an assignment. Is there anything else you need in the meantime?"

Huang Zhing as well! OI and LT will give you access in the AM!
Rebel
NPC spammer

Post by Rebel »

Huang Zhong shook his head.

"No not really."

He thanked the Prime Minister and made off to stay at one of the local inns.

Will post OI. Let me know if I have to meet Zhao here or in the PH.[/b]
Jack Flack
Sergeant

Post by Jack Flack »

Halfway through the month of December, a caravan arrives at the gates of Luoyang, flying the flags of Qin, and being led by a powerful man on horseback, with an axe strapped to his back. As he approached the guards, he waved the carriage behind him to stop. Looking to the guards, he dismounted his horse and bowed.

Chen Wei: I have come to speak to Minister Zhao, or one of his ministers. My name is Chen Wei. I believe he is expecting me. I have come with news and tribute from Huyang.

The man waited, not moving to disarm himself, or provide further explanation of his presence.
Chen Wei, 20, Male
61, 110*, 47, 95*, 60
Instructor I, Intimidate II, Qiangshu III, Challenge II, Yueshu III, Smith I, Trainer I
Axe (+8 Might), Billhook (+1 Might), Helm (+4 Might), Horse (+3 Speed, +2 Attack), Crossbow, Fa Tie's Man Breast Plate (+4 Might), Li Ning's Treatise on Good Table Manners (+8 Judgement), Li Ning's Treatise on Priorities (+7 Judgement)

Duel Record: 16-0
Nash
Marshal

Post by Nash »

Zhang Han arrived at the capital of the 'true' Qin government with his only remaining prisoner in tow, Ying Fusu. Fusu was bound about the wrists, ankles and torso, as customary, and also had a black hood on so as not to allow anyone to recognize him. Zhang Han came upon the imperial palace and called to the guards.

Zhang Han: I am Zhang Han, Supreme Commander of the Qin Army! I have brought a gift for His Imperial Majesty! Please alert Chancellor Li, Minister Zhao, and His Imperial Majesty as to my arrival!
Xun Ruishi (46) 90-72*-60-36-51 Military Administrator II, Jianshu I, Wall II, Rupture II, Envelop I
Followers:
Chao Shi (39) 43-95-44-62-72 Decoy II, Diplomat I, Jianshu I, Faze I, Scribe I, Qiangshu I, Entangle I
Ye Zhuo (23) 83-57-88-65-58 Charge I, Rally I, Entrench I, Rupture I, Haste I, Artisan I

Also Portraying: Zhang Han, Kuai Tong, and Fan Kuai; with a dash of Fu Tong for flavor.