Ying Huhai's Audience Hall - Luoyang

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Lurking Tyranny wrote:The chief minister lazily opened and closed his eyes and let his feet become uncrossed as he drifted back against the pillows he had surrounded his body with. He stretched out his legs so that his feet hung just over the decorative fish pond he had in this large office.

"There are men who say that we are unreasonable in the capital. That we do not know the plight of the people. I defy them and proclaim that we know and understand the hardships a drought causes. So intune with and in sympathy to the citizens of the empire that I and his Imperial Majesty are willing to forgive you and your township any taxes missed due to recent events. I ask you, is that not magnanimous?" He said in his soft dolcet voice.

"Why Xia Xi you are privledged to be speaking to Chief Minister Zhao." He smiled broadly and bobbed his head, all the while his small eyes were studying the town chief before him to absorb his reaction.

"You and your role.. " The eunuch mused while still watching Xia Xi. Likely he was wondering whether Xia Xi would willingly be his creature or not. "Xia Xi, my feet are terribly sore from the long day.. if we are to continue to converse in this manner I think they could use washing." He lazily pointed to a small pail near the fish pond. "If you would not mind.." spoken as a self-pleasing smile came to his lips.
Xia Xi put his head down to conceal a smile as the Chief Minister let his intentions be known. Something he had heard about Qin ministers had been right after all. He nodded his head and said, "I am pleased for your grace once more." He casually reached over for the pail. "I did not think that I would be granted an audience with such a prominent member of the Imperial Court." He went down on his knees with the pail, keeping his robe underneath him, and put the pail into the water. "I have learned that even the smallest of things can be used for the glory of empire." He took the water and poured it out over the eunuch's feet slowly. "I must admit, though; normally my own servants do this for me. This is a first."

He went to dip the pail back into the water. "Yes, the ignorance of the peasantry in many areas is pitiful. It is their inability to realize what they have been given by their benefactors that leads them to banditry. It is good that men such as yourself wield power strong enough to prevent them from getting too far. In time, they will learn." Xi had taken in a bit too much water in this last effort and wobbled slightly as he pulled it out the pond. He managed to right himself, though, and continued to pour it over the eunuch's feet.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Gong Gong
Captain

Post by Gong Gong »

Charlemagne wrote:The guards watched the women arrive with some interest. Unaccompanied female visitors to the palace gates were not common these days, and the men gaped and a few made crude comments before the females were within earshot.

When finally they arrived and spoke their request, the head guard nodded, remembering his manners even when the others did not. Bidding the ladies to follow, they were led to a waiting chamber, and given refreshment, as well as a basin with which to wash. A short time later, the guard returned and without a word, led the pair to a large study off one of the palace's many corridors. The guard knocked once, and opened the door.

The man seated at the desk looked somewhat annoyed at the disturbance, but waved the women forward without remark. When the guard had left, and only he and his personal guard remained, he looked at the women and cleared his throat. "I'm afraid Minister Zhao is indisposed at the moment. Perhaps you might share with this humble servant of your August Emperor your reason for coming?"
The group knew it would be difficult to see Zhao Gao, however, they did not think they could be in the presence of Li Si. Once in the room the group fell to their knees in great respect, the two men that lead the women were quite nervous; what would they say to him? Would anything coherent blurt out?. "My gracious Lord Li, the Heavens bless our family to be in your presence." The two men, Shi Fu and Liu Ci, seemed to turn to water, shaking a bit; politicians of steel?. It was one of the Liu women to rise, which coursed the others to do the same; it was Shi Yi to speak, but the eyes never raised to look at Li Si. "Grand Lord Li, our visit from Yan Province is brought by my daughter, Liu Yongqing. Now at the time one would wish to leave the nest, we come in search of the Eunuchs.. For you see." The aging woman gestured towards a figure among the group of maids, though her visage was obscured by a veil who was dressed in the finest silks; the correct attire for a prospective Consort. "Our family wish for our daughter to be taken into the Imperial Consorts, with her will place the Shi estate and Liu estate that are in Ji; along with 100 teals of gold." The two men parted as the veiled figure slowly stepped forward, delicately Yingqong took her mother's hand so she would be guided to allow Li Si look over her. Both women bowed as the group stood behind them, Shi Yi did not remove the veil, only once ordered to would she do so; hoping that Li Si would acknowledge the traditional place of women Shi Yi was trying to achieve...
Gong Fugui (龚富贵) zi Laoshan (老山), male (60)
49 - 48 - 70 - 92 - 64
Skills: Civil Administrator III, Diplomat I, Engineer III, Politician I, Propagandist I, Saboteur I
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin
Location: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Post by Lurking Tyranny »

Xiang Zhuang wrote:Xia Xi put his head down to conceal a smile as the Chief Minister let his intentions be known. Something he had heard about Qin ministers had been right after all. He nodded his head and said, "I am pleased for your grace once more." He casually reached over for the pail. "I did not think that I would be granted an audience with such a prominent member of the Imperial Court." He went down on his knees with the pail, keeping his robe underneath him, and put the pail into the water. "I have learned that even the smallest of things can be used for the glory of empire." He took the water and poured it out over the eunuch's feet slowly. "I must admit, though; normally my own servants do this for me. This is a first."

He went to dip the pail back into the water. "Yes, the ignorance of the peasantry in many areas is pitiful. It is their inability to realize what they have been given by their benefactors that leads them to banditry. It is good that men such as yourself wield power strong enough to prevent them from getting too far. In time, they will learn." Xi had taken in a bit too much water in this last effort and wobbled slightly as he pulled it out the pond. He managed to right himself, though, and continued to pour it over the eunuch's feet.
Yes this man could go far if he keeps things up. I will keep an eye on Xia Xi The crafty eunuch thought to himself as the first splash of water rinsed over his feet without so much as a word of complaint or objection from town magistrate.

Wiggling his toes as the cool water washed over his feet Chief Minister Zhao managed to get right back to the conversation, directing it back on course easily. "You are astute and we will handle the taxes and other such matters with a clerk I will direct you to following this meeting. We shall also make certain that you are invested with an official rank of District Manager within his August Majesty's commandery of Yin. I would not want someone to misthink you run the township of .." He paused for a second and looked down. When he looked up again he had the answer "Puyang without imperial authorization."

"Your purpose in Yin is to maintain imperial authority and uphold the laws of the empire and edicts of our glorious Emperor in all his wisdom. Banditry is not to be accepted nor is dissent or tardiness. I trust you will punish such infractions as the code of law indicates." He turned his feet so that his soles would get more water on them as Xia Xi turned over the particularly heavy bucket of water. The eunuch then indicated that Xia Xi could stop.

"You are also to secure the roads within the commandery so that trade and commerce might flow unimpaired. Prefect Gen of Zhaoge is a loyalist and is to be accorded your respect. Prefect Kuan Gong of Xiuwu however.. " he shifted to a more upright position and steepled his fingers together. "I have heard rumors that he would go against the people and his Emperor and join the ranks of criminals. What are your thoughts on the these men?" Zhao Gao held up his hand and smiled congenial manner "Do you be afraid to speak ill of your superiors in this case, it is our August Emperor's wish to know the unfiltered thoughts of his subject Xia Xi."
GMNPC's
Fan Zeng, Prime Minister of Chu

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Liu Bang then asked Han Xin, who had served under Xiang Yu but was driven out, "what is Xiang Yu's weakness? Is there a way to defeat him?" Han Xin calmly replied, "No, Xiang Yu himself is invincible, he is destined to be king."
Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

Gong Gong wrote:The group knew it would be difficult to see Zhao Gao, however, they did not think they could be in the presence of Li Si. Once in the room the group fell to their knees in great respect, the two men that lead the women were quite nervous; what would they say to him? Would anything coherent blurt out?. "My gracious Lord Li, the Heavens bless our family to be in your presence." The two men, Shi Fu and Liu Ci, seemed to turn to water, shaking a bit; politicians of steel?. It was one of the Liu women to rise, which coursed the others to do the same; it was Shi Yi to speak, but the eyes never raised to look at Li Si. "Grand Lord Li, our visit from Yan Province is brought by my daughter, Liu Yongqing. Now at the time one would wish to leave the nest, we come in search of the Eunuchs.. For you see." The aging woman gestured towards a figure among the group of maids, though her visage was obscured by a veil who was dressed in the finest silks; the correct attire for a prospective Consort. "Our family wish for our daughter to be taken into the Imperial Consorts, with her will place the Shi estate and Liu estate that are in Ji; along with 100 teals of gold." The two men parted as the veiled figure slowly stepped forward, delicately Yingqong took her mother's hand so she would be guided to allow Li Si look over her. Both women bowed as the group stood behind them, Shi Yi did not remove the veil, only once ordered to would she do so; hoping that Li Si would acknowledge the traditional place of women Shi Yi was trying to achieve...
The minister looked over the woman and shook his head in disgust. "And for what reason would you deliver your daughter into such service? And why would you think the eunuchs had any power to help you?" Li Si was short of patience on most days, but this day was particularly annoying. He sighed deeply, and then rose from his chair to pour himself a glass of wine.

Offering none to his guests, the minister returned to his seat. "The August Emperor already has plenty of dimwitted strumpets floating about the premises. Too many, in fact, if you ask some of us. Therefore, I am compelled what makes you think that this one, of inferior beauty, should have a place among them?"
Gong Gong
Captain

Post by Gong Gong »

This seemed a harder task than both families saw, the veil made their daughter ugly? Bowing her head, Shi Yi spoke with a calm manner only hoping that his mind would change. "Lord Li, my daughter harbours both beauty and mind; for most of her life she spent learning politics from her father in order to help those who need aid. While I taught her the manners of a woman, unwavourable peity and the skill of a musician." It seemed Shi Yi felt seeing Zhao Gao would have been to their advantage, as Yingqong was brought up as Consort material and then furthered by education, they could not simply leave; the men were worried and the maids refused to speak.

Yingqong began to pull off the veil, to her mother's surpise the young Liu was breaking their tradition of being submissive; though she felt that her mother was not doing her any justice. As the veil floated to the floor Yingqong's face was revealed, the peach skin seemed soft like the blossom petals that covered the land in summer. The long silk black hair pinned up by hairpins of decorative butterflies, the very style gave her the look of nobility. The gem-like eyes raised to look at Li Si, they harboured something more than the other consorts at the Emperor's whim. Courtial attire of fine silks, it was respectful to the Liu's figure as it was not like the Consorts who believed showing flesh was something to be admired. Yingqong's voice, like a gentle breeze through the forest; with calm tones and an inner beauty.
"My Lord Li, history knows that Eunuchs were placed to deal with such affairs... Indeed, many maybe well crafted jewels than I. But if you spoke to them of current matters they would blush and merely speak of something without relevance. I have been fortunate to be blessed with a complex mind learning how to help in civil affairs." Yingqong's eyes looked to the floor, her head inclined a little in a form of semi-bow; the enchanting voice not wavouring. Slowly the young Liu's hand rose, watching Shi Yi was quite shocked as it was the sign for her family to leave the room; feeling Li Si would rather speak to herself than a group of people. "I understand it is not a women's place, however I feel Consort should help both the Emperor, his family and his officials." As the family scuttled out in such a way as not to cause offence, Yingqing looked back up to Li Si, hoping such anger would vanish and he would see the truth within her eyes. "Do not take me as a mere sycophant my Lord, I am not like those within the Imperial Consort clan; I owe my life to the rule of the August Emperor's father. Becoming an Imperial Consort, I shall repay such a respect and aim to help the Emperor.. I beg of you Li Si." Bowing once again, Yongqing only hoped that Li Si would accept her; this would allow her to finally put the politics she wielded into service while accomplishing the dreams of her family..
49 - 48 - 70 - 92 - 64
Skills: Civil Administrator III, Diplomat I, Engineer III, Politician I, Propagandist I, Saboteur I
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Lurking Tyranny wrote:Yes this man could go far if he keeps things up. I will keep an eye on Xia Xi The crafty eunuch thought to himself as the first splash of water rinsed over his feet without so much as a word of complaint or objection from town magistrate.

Wiggling his toes as the cool water washed over his feet Chief Minister Zhao managed to get right back to the conversation, directing it back on course easily. "You are astute and we will handle the taxes and other such matters with a clerk I will direct you to following this meeting. We shall also make certain that you are invested with an official rank of District Manager within his August Majesty's commandery of Yin. I would not want someone to misthink you run the township of .." He paused for a second and looked down. When he looked up again he had the answer "Puyang without imperial authorization."

"Your purpose in Yin is to maintain imperial authority and uphold the laws of the empire and edicts of our glorious Emperor in all his wisdom. Banditry is not to be accepted nor is dissent or tardiness. I trust you will punish such infractions as the code of law indicates." He turned his feet so that his soles would get more water on them as Xia Xi turned over the particularly heavy bucket of water. The eunuch then indicated that Xia Xi could stop.

"You are also to secure the roads within the commandery so that trade and commerce might flow unimpaired. Prefect Gen of Zhaoge is a loyalist and is to be accorded your respect. Prefect Kuan Gong of Xiuwu however.. " he shifted to a more upright position and steepled his fingers together. "I have heard rumors that he would go against the people and his Emperor and join the ranks of criminals. What are your thoughts on the these men?" Zhao Gao held up his hand and smiled congenial manner "Do you be afraid to speak ill of your superiors in this case, it is our August Emperor's wish to know the unfiltered thoughts of his subject Xia Xi."
Xi smiled to himself. District Manager had a nice sound to it. He stopped with the bathing when the eunuch requested, and sat the bucket off to the side. The conversation about the Yin prefects visibly gained Xia Xi's full attention. He shifted in his knelt position and looked away briefly. "I am new to Yin, as I have mentioned before, and am not terribly familiar with either of them. In the conversations I have had with Puyang's elders and aristocrats, I have heard little good about either, and certainly nothing that would hint at them serving the best interests of the dragon throne. The bandits' march through Puyang could have been interrupted by either of them, but they both chose to stand aside, either out of fear or out of sympathy to some sort of foolish cause.

"You have asked me to speak openly and I am. I have not spoken with either, but neither has seemed to have any interest in me. I had assumed both to be... disloyal. But I doubt that my knowledge of the area can rival yours, so I gladly accept your analysis of the situation."
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Charlemagne
Marquis

Post by Charlemagne »

Gong Gong wrote:This seemed a harder task than both families saw, the veil made their daughter ugly? Bowing her head, Shi Yi spoke with a calm manner only hoping that his mind would change. "Lord Li, my daughter harbours both beauty and mind; for most of her life she spent learning politics from her father in order to help those who need aid. While I taught her the manners of a woman, unwavourable peity and the skill of a musician." It seemed Shi Yi felt seeing Zhao Gao would have been to their advantage, as Yingqong was brought up as Consort material and then furthered by education, they could not simply leave; the men were worried and the maids refused to speak.

Yingqong began to pull off the veil, to her mother's surpise the young Liu was breaking their tradition of being submissive; though she felt that her mother was not doing her any justice. As the veil floated to the floor Yingqong's face was revealed, the peach skin seemed soft like the blossom petals that covered the land in summer. The long silk black hair pinned up by hairpins of decorative butterflies, the very style gave her the look of nobility. The gem-like eyes raised to look at Li Si, they harboured something more than the other consorts at the Emperor's whim. Courtial attire of fine silks, it was respectful to the Liu's figure as it was not like the Consorts who believed showing flesh was something to be admired. Yingqong's voice, like a gentle breeze through the forest; with calm tones and an inner beauty.
"My Lord Li, history knows that Eunuchs were placed to deal with such affairs... Indeed, many maybe well crafted jewels than I. But if you spoke to them of current matters they would blush and merely speak of something without relevance. I have been fortunate to be blessed with a complex mind learning how to help in civil affairs." Yingqong's eyes looked to the floor, her head inclined a little in a form of semi-bow; the enchanting voice not wavouring. Slowly the young Liu's hand rose, watching Shi Yi was quite shocked as it was the sign for her family to leave the room; feeling Li Si would rather speak to herself than a group of people. "I understand it is not a women's place, however I feel Consort should help both the Emperor, his family and his officials." As the family scuttled out in such a way as not to cause offence, Yingqing looked back up to Li Si, hoping such anger would vanish and he would see the truth within her eyes. "Do not take me as a mere sycophant my Lord, I am not like those within the Imperial Consort clan; I owe my life to the rule of the August Emperor's father. Becoming an Imperial Consort, I shall repay such a respect and aim to help the Emperor.. I beg of you Li Si." Bowing once again, Yongqing only hoped that Li Si would accept her; this would allow her to finally put the politics she wielded into service while accomplishing the dreams of her family..
Suddenly overcome by a wracking cough, the Minister set his glass down awkwardly, and globs of crimson liquid splashed over its rim before it finally came to a rest. Assured that he wouldn't choke to death, Li Si began to howl with laughter. So loud in fact, that he had no doubt the girl's family could hear him out the door, and so violently, that the guard behind him started with fright.

Putting his right hand up in a sign of mercy, and placing his left over his chest to calm himself, the Prime Minister of Qin shook his head and pleaded, "No more. I beg of you." Getting the last snickers out of his system, he sat up and tried to look professional.

"Ahem. Yes. Well now, I can assure you, young lady, that the August Emperor has no need of a woman who can think for herself. And I have no need for a woman with brains who would demean herself for the sake of her family's well being. If you are as talented as you claim, then I suggest you aspire to something grander than being a second set of bed clothes to his majesty. Hell, he'd probably soil you worse than his first set, if possible."

Li Si smiled and resumed his wine. He waited to see if the child would cry. In a sense he was glad he could spare her the humiliation of what might have happened, had she been allowed to put her fate in the hands of those gelded baffoons who roamed the halls of the palace.
Gong Gong
Captain

Post by Gong Gong »

Yongqing was quite taken back by what Li Si had just done, insulting her through being amused. Also, his words, were they in a mocking sense or was he truely concerned of a young woman's purity? If the latter was correct, the young Liu admired him for it. Though, not entirely sure what this 'grander' thing was Yongqing believed it could be under the Emperor Huhai. "Prime Minister Li, such words seem to be either to mock or protect. However, if you feel being accept into the Consort clan less desirable; then I wish for you to allow me into the courts of the Qin Emperor." It seemed that Yongqing wished to serve the Emperor, in any way; however she was taking a liking to Li Si. A kind of man she had never met before, though truely unsure whether he would accept her, it could look rather bad in their situation to turn away one willing to serve them. On the hand, Li Si may not wish for a woman to gain any form of rank; though it would be strange to Liu Yongqing if that happened as she was brought up to believe such was not the way.
49 - 48 - 70 - 92 - 64
Charlemagne
Marquis

Post by Charlemagne »

Gong Gong wrote:Yongqing was quite taken back by what Li Si had just done, insulting her through being amused. Also, his words, were they in a mocking sense or was he truely concerned of a young woman's purity? If the latter was correct, the young Liu admired him for it. Though, not entirely sure what this 'grander' thing was Yongqing believed it could be under the Emperor Huhai. "Prime Minister Li, such words seem to be either to mock or protect. However, if you feel being accept into the Consort clan less desirable; then I wish for you to allow me into the courts of the Qin Emperor." It seemed that Yongqing wished to serve the Emperor, in any way; however she was taking a liking to Li Si. A kind of man she had never met before, though truely unsure whether he would accept her, it could look rather bad in their situation to turn away one willing to serve them. On the hand, Li Si may not wish for a woman to gain any form of rank; though it would be strange to Liu Yongqing if that happened as she was brought up to believe such was not the way.
Li Si now held both hands up as if to protest. "Nonsense. I would never disparage the consorts of the palace. Far from it. I simply question whether or not you would be an adequate consort for the Emperor. You seem strong willed and not without talents." Li Si smiled to himself and then sipped his wine.

Finally taking a very genuine tone, he set the glass back on his desk and opened a text. Most books were forbidden of course, but he kept certain treasures to himself. "Far be it from me to attempt to talk you out of that which you have spent your life training to do. If it is a task you have willingly taken upon yourself, then a consort you shall be. You may warm my bed this evening, and if I find myself to be wrong about your abilities, then I will present you personally to the August Emperor tomorrow."

Putting his index finger to his tongue, Li Si whipped the page of his book over, and looked across the desk at the girl. "Is this acceptable?"
Gong Gong
Captain

Post by Gong Gong »

It was quite pitiful, this man with a mocking nature with so much power; perhaps such a tone wouldn't have been taken with a man? "Lord Li, I thank you for such an offer. However, I feel using the political skills I was taught may be far beneficial." Yingqong was not overly impressed with the current Prime Minister, having experienced more class from a drunken and the local tavern. But, this was something the young Liu would have to hide if she wanted to get her family to ascend. "Prime Minister, I wish to close to wish of my parents for me to be an Imperial Consort and take the path of the court." Bowing graciously to Li Si, Yongqing hoped that this would be final and she would be allowed to leave; if placed into the Qin civil administration it would enable her to get to bigger heights than those in Yan province...
49 - 48 - 70 - 92 - 64