Chen Sheng's Audience Hall - Chen

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Lin Xin
General

Post by Lin Xin »

The envoy seemed taken aback by the clerk's words. He had not expected this kind of hostile response. Apparently, Chen She has ulterior motives other than removing the country of Qin influence. Deciding the best course of action is to ensure his head stays on his shoulders so he can report this to Yue, the envoy just bows and says, "I apologize for my ignorance Master Pan. Taishi Guang was a dedicated supporter of the Qin and had befriended both Jiang Chaoyun and Pang Li. As you have assumed that Marquis Lin's alliance with Yi Lian makes him a "bandit," we believed the friends of Taishi Guang shared his devotion to the tyrant. It is because the Marquis of Yue looks beyond the end of his nose that I am here. Yue does not wish to create more hardship on the people if a peaceful resolution can be found."
Lin Xin (32 M) 82-25-61-77-51 Civil Admin II, Diplomat I, Discipline II, Military Admin II, Politician I, Volley I, Wall I
Wife: Lee Ling Da (30 F) 75-52-62-70-52 Artisan II, Faze I, Haste I, Military Administrator I, Sortie I
Sister: Lin Jia (29 F) 30-72-61-64-72 Challenge I, Diplomat I, Doctor I, Engineer I, Faze I, Instructor I
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Pan Dao shrugged and said, "It would seem that something kept you, The King of Chu has never heard from Yi Lian before - or, of course, one of her puppet rulers."

After a moment he said, "A peaceful resolution to what exactly? Have you declared war upon Chu?"

-----

Chen She stared at the silent prisoners. None had made any move to plead or offer any explanation for their actions. Silence filled the Audience Hall. The King waited longer than he many would have suspected him capable of waiting. However the patience of every man has it's limit and eventually Chen She's was reached.

"The Slow Process then," he announced in a low voice. Smiling he waved a hand in dismissal.

The prisoners were hauled from the room and taken to the same dismal little room where others had been killed in this way. Several men who had trained under Hu Wu entered the room with cases of sharp knives. For nearly a day screams were heard coming from the room. At first, those listening from the courtyard, thought they could distinguish some words. Arguments sprang up over whether or not the woman had called for her mother or her elder sister. Another said a man's voice repeated the word please over and over. "Ever polite," the wags declared.

Eventually it was over and three boxes were packed with some of the grisly fruit of the day's labor. Riders were prepared and ordered to deliver the horrible gifts to their destinations. Other packages were distributed to Shou Chun to be used to demonstrate the futility of fighting Chen Sheng, King of Chu or Xiang Jun, King of Jiujiang.

Ma Tan, Lin Pin, Cui Hao and Shen Ling have been killed!
Lin Xin
General

Post by Lin Xin »

ann wrote:Pan Dao shrugged and said, "It would seem that something kept you, The King of Chu has never heard from Yi Lian before - or, of course, one of her puppet rulers."

After a moment he said, "A peaceful resolution to what exactly? Have you declared war upon Chu?"
Tong bowed though he was getting exasperated in the denseness of this clerk. Why was he wasting his time with a mere clerk anyway?

"A peaceful resolution to the conflict in Jiujiang," the envoy replied, sighing in his mind. "Why would Yue wish to cause bloodshed among like-minded neighbors? The Marquis just does not wish to waste blood when the true enemy lies to the west."
Lin Xin (32 M) 82-25-61-77-51 Civil Admin II, Diplomat I, Discipline II, Military Admin II, Politician I, Volley I, Wall I
Wife: Lee Ling Da (30 F) 75-52-62-70-52 Artisan II, Faze I, Haste I, Military Administrator I, Sortie I
Sister: Lin Jia (29 F) 30-72-61-64-72 Challenge I, Diplomat I, Doctor I, Engineer I, Faze I, Instructor I
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Pan Dao wondered why the man continued to speak in circles. He said, very slowly, "Either you are the puppet of Yi Lian, in which case you are perhaps involved in Jiujiang, or you are not, in which case you have no holdings or interest in that province at all. We have always assumed you were the lap dog and, from your clear feeling of involvement in the affairs of a different province, you must be so. Please return to your master and tell him that the King of Chu prefers to deal directly with Yi Lian."

With that he bowed slightly and motioned for the attendants to usher the man out.
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

A messenger arrived at the city of Chen, wearing the colors of Xia Xi. He bowed to the guards at the gate and said, "Hail, servants of the King of Chu. I come from the King of Yin, bearing good tidings of the war in the north in a letter from the King himself, intended to for the King of Chu."
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

The Guard captain nodded and said, "I can have the letter delivered? Or would you rather take it in yourself?"
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

ann wrote:The Guard captain nodded and said, "I can have the letter delivered? Or would you rather take it in yourself?"
"It can be delivered," he replied. "My king suggested that the King of Chu might want to respond, so I was instructed to linger in case a response was to be given." He produced the letter and held it out for the guard.

((Letter will come sometime later today. I'm just putting up a quick post now!))
101*.87*.44.78.39

ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

The guard shrugged. He took the proffered letter and said, "Are you sure this is it?" It seemed blank to him but he shrugged his shoulders and said, "You are welcome to wait at the end to see if there is any response."

((No letter here - not sure what to do with that but whatever!))
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

ann wrote:The guard shrugged. He took the proffered letter and said, "Are you sure this is it?" It seemed blank to him but he shrugged his shoulders and said, "You are welcome to wait at the end to see if there is any response."

((No letter here - not sure what to do with that but whatever!))
((Sorry! Got ambushed yesterday by other stuff and had to put this aside. It's sent now.))

The envoy looked at him oddly, then realized he had handed the wrong scroll! "Excuse me," he replied, reaching back into his robe. He pulled out another scroll. "This is what I meant to hand to you. My apologies."
101*.87*.44.78.39

ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

The Guard nodded and had the message delivered to the King. He indicated that the envoy was welcome to wait to see if there would be any reply.

An attendant delivered the scroll to the King of Chu who had Pan Dao read the contents to him. There was silence in the room when Pan Dao finished reading the message. After a moment a strange cracking sound could be heard, which, if anyone had had the nerve to investigate, came from the King himself. He ground his teeth for long moments before he said, "There will be no answer, at this time."

The King turned to his attendants and said, "Things have changed." He then stormed from the room in search of his most trusted officers.

----

The Guard Captain sent a messenger to the Inn where he'd suggested the envoy await an answer. The messenger reported that no answer would be coming from the King.