Feedback and Suggestions

Moderator: Game Masters

Fessek
Where is it?

Post by Fessek »

Brother Dun wrote:
Fessek wrote:I realize I'm only a town ruler, but I'd have been swept off the map first turn by a force of OOC recruited PC armies if not for NPC intervention.

That anyone is capable of getting 4500+ free, trained, armored troops this early is unbalancing.
Just so you know, I didn't use an OOC recruited PC army that turn. I used conscripts, hence their 40 training. ;)

My PCs held onto their personal armies. Just so you know.
But having those troops PC troops allows you to commit your conscripted troops to places they might not have been otherwise. Losing 1900 troops would have been a much more significant setback if you didn't have 4500 in reserve.

I'm not complaining, it's in the rules, its fair game. Frankly, I'm surprised you didn't take the other city in the province, it's much more valuable then my little town that produces 600 troops a turn.
Tsu Jiri
91-83-26-80-22
125 Gold
-12% Injury
Horse (Spd +1), Billhook (+1), Sword (+1)
Gongshu I, Lure II, Horsemanship II, Qiangshu II, Military Administrator I
Brother Dun
Marquis

Post by Brother Dun »

Fessek wrote:But having those troops PC troops allows you to commit your conscripted troops to places they might not have been otherwise. Losing 1900 troops would have been a much more significant setback if you didn't have 4500 in reserve.

I'm not complaining, it's in the rules, its fair game. Frankly, I'm surprised you didn't take the other city in the province, it's much more valuable then my little town that produces 600 troops a turn.
You see, I didn't have those troops when I invaded you. And the empty city was still an empty city. You were the only other PC ruler in the area, why wouldn't I want to eliminate the only threat?
Zu Yanghei zì 智盜 'Zhì​dào​' (Knowledge Thief)
Fessek
Where is it?

Post by Fessek »

Brother Dun wrote:
Fessek wrote:But having those troops PC troops allows you to commit your conscripted troops to places they might not have been otherwise. Losing 1900 troops would have been a much more significant setback if you didn't have 4500 in reserve.

You see, I didn't have those troops when I invaded you. And the empty city was still an empty city. You were the only other PC ruler in the area, why wouldn't I want to eliminate the only threat?
Cause claiming that city last turn would mean you'd get to draft off it this turn. It would mean an extra 2500-5000 troops this turn depending on your focus. Early game is all about establishing a powere base with as little conflict as possible.

I could sit on that town for 6 months and produce the equivalent of one months troops from a city. I'm hardly a threat.
Tsu Jiri
91-83-26-80-22
125 Gold
-12% Injury
Horse (Spd +1), Billhook (+1), Sword (+1)
Gongshu I, Lure II, Horsemanship II, Qiangshu II, Military Administrator I
Dao Xia
General

Post by Dao Xia »

Maybe I'm just looking at this too much from my forces perspective, but I really do think it matters. Well, thats probably just because the ruler I worry about is the one with the 250% troops. I know that nothing can be done this game, and that it hasn't made the biggest impact, but it is still a problem. If OOC recruiting becomes a problem, its even worse. I think troop BP should be totally removed or limited to only using 2 BP for the 800 soldiers.

And like SZM mentioned, its not all about the troop numbers. Its the fact that they are well trained troops, with the best arnements in the game availible from the get-go. Now your example would be totally different if we factored in the arnements, instead of purely troops numbers.
Lee
Officer

Post by Lee »

Fessek wrote: Cause claiming that city last turn would mean you'd get to draft off it this turn. It would mean an extra 2500-5000 troops this turn depending on your focus. Early game is all about establishing a powere base with as little conflict as possible.

I could sit on that town for 6 months and produce the equivalent of one months troops from a city. I'm hardly a threat.
Yup, but you can't blame BD for that Fessek. It's the game. You being there is already a threat. He did well to establish power early in the game and removed you and by using that advantage he has now in terms of troop counts, we are dead set for a nice glorious battle. Yeah, If I would be a ruler I won't really curse maybe laugh and try to beat the crap out of rulers with more troop advantage. But thats my own view.

In respect to the game however, since it's already running now, we can't really demand for the BP troop thing to be toned down instantly. Maybe Kym would need to see and experience it first before making a decission. And if he do, I do hope our ideas and suggestions given would help in reducing this said imbalance.

And to repeat a small suggestion of mine: If we can't tone the numbers and the advantage in morale and armament, we can at least delay troops received for a kingdom by limiting how many soldiers a ruler can have from a PC in battle in a season.
Shi Huolong, 26, Male
71-91-27-85-79
Jian Shu I, Instructor II, Saboteur III, Raid III
Kentalot
Sergeant

Post by Kentalot »

Just a minor suggestion. Instead of making whoever wins the engagement the person with the most troops, it should be whoever kills more enemy soldiers, no? Otherwise, the person with the most troops always has the advantage since they do more damage and then even if the smaller army does well in the engagement, they get a bigger penalty each engagement. Anyway, that's my opinion anyway.
Xiang Shang Sun 香尚孫 (20) 52-54-91*-44-85 Diplomat II, Policitian III, Public Planner III, Engineer II, Scribe I
Kymvir Raemiz
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kymvir Raemiz »

Kentalot wrote:Just a minor suggestion. Instead of making whoever wins the engagement the person with the most troops, it should be whoever kills more enemy soldiers, no? Otherwise, the person with the most troops always has the advantage since they do more damage and then even if the smaller army does well in the engagement, they get a bigger penalty each engagement. Anyway, that's my opinion anyway.
This isn't how battle winners are determined - it's based on a formula using Army morale, Soldiers Killed, and Soldier remaining.

In essence, its based on whether the smaller army inflicts enough damage to make their soldiers feel that if they do it again, they'll win the battle.
Kentalot
Sergeant

Post by Kentalot »

Ah, ok. I just saw that everytime whoever has the biggest army gets the win. Ok, well, let's hope this works too.
Xiang Shang Sun 香尚孫 (20) 52-54-91*-44-85 Diplomat II, Policitian III, Public Planner III, Engineer II, Scribe I
Naurek
Sergeant

Post by Naurek »

I would have to suggest that you make up a section for all battles to go in, so that they are seperate from the other stuff. It might get cluttered after a while with all the PT archived results and all, and it just organizes it all a little better. :)
Huangfu Yuan (46) 71-27-85-90-45 Civil Administrator II, Confuse I, Doctor I, Lure I, Military Administrator II, Public Planner I
Lord of Dicheng
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Naurek wrote:I would have to suggest that you make up a section for all battles to go in, so that they are seperate from the other stuff. It might get cluttered after a while with all the PT archived results and all, and it just organizes it all a little better. :)
After a month, or so, we will archive the battles in the battle thread we used for the first month. Copy and paste all important posts and then throw the old threads into the recycle bin.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06