Other Game Discussion

Moderator: Game Masters

Ranbir
Colonel

Post by Ranbir »

Oblivion has already become redundant for me. Ground breaking my shiny metal ass.

It also doesn't seem to have as much choice of "play how you want" either. Since I was unable to do half the things I wanted.

And Kym has to pay for silly upgrades like horse armour!

Bethesda have turned into the developers that I can't really take kindly upon anymore...weird they are.
Whenever righteousness declines and unrighteousness increases I make myself a body; In every age I come back, to deliver the holy, to destroy the sin of the sinner, to establish righteousness.
TheNovak
Ensign
Location: A peaceful old warrior in an aggressive politician's world

Post by TheNovak »

I'm digging Oblivion a lot more now that I made a new character. I'm also avoiding the whole Kvatch thing, since that's what kicks off all the portals opening, and shutting those things down got old fast. Also, I took a look at the strategy guide, and one of the noteworthy tips I found was that the game isn't Morrowind...giving your character Main Skills like Acrobatics and Athletics isn't a good idea, because whereas in Morrowind, levelling up fast meant more HP and magicka, in Oblivion it means tougher beasties that can't be effectively combatted with jumping on them.

Anyway...yeah, I originally had something to relate this to your post, but I forgot. Eh, I guess I'm suggesting ya try a new character concept.

Oh, one last thing...when ya get to the sewer exit, where you finalize your character? Cancel out of it, back up, and save a new game. Congratulations, you don't have to do the opening tutorial anymore.
Xiahou Rai (252 BC), Magistrate of Shang in the Di Province
91-86*-40-52-72
Skills: Entrench, Formation, Instructor, Military Administrator, Rally, Reactive Defense, Yueshu II
Items: Mountain Hewer (Axe, +4 M), Ridgecrester (Horse, +2 Spd)
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

I just completed my first Suikoden V game. It took around 62 hours.... I swear, everytime you think the game is about to end ... it doesn't. I missed 11 stars and will start a new game to get them all tomorrow sometime. :P

??Minor Spoiler??

PS: Belcoot is the god of parrying. Also, Nelis (sp?) is an awesomely good at everything character.
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Ranbir
Colonel

Post by Ranbir »

Oh, one last thing...when ya get to the sewer exit, where you finalize your character? Cancel out of it, back up, and save a new game. Congratulations, you don't have to do the opening tutorial anymore.

Or Bethesda could have done the smart thing and provided an option for faster char gen in the first place.
Whenever righteousness declines and unrighteousness increases I make myself a body; In every age I come back, to deliver the holy, to destroy the sin of the sinner, to establish righteousness.
Eon
Ensign

Post by Eon »

I agree about Suikoden game, it had tons of unexpected twists.
With Sialeads for example that was sooo unexpected!

I never played Suikoden series ever but after playing Suikoden V i want to get myself other parts of it.

I played around 50 - 60 hours so game should end soon, i think.Anyway my monster character there is Miakis, she simply dodges everything and counter attackes everyone and has max level weapon.So Miakis > all.

And yes btw new Tomb Raider is good unfortunately a bit short.
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

I had level 16 weapons with 5-6 people. :P
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

So far my favorite is that doremi elf! He is awsome!
Ayame
Sergeant

Post by Ayame »

Im totally digging Kingdom Hearst II god I love that game. ^_^! Hey guys, how's everyone doing?
Name: Fujin
Gold: 225
25-85-96(+3)-51-77
Doctor II, Public Planner II, Engineer II, Yueshu I
Fame: 275
Book: 烈火 (+3 Int)
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

ann wrote:So far my favorite is that doremi elf! He is awsome!
You actually used one of those things? I never did because they aren't stars. *shrug*
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

I was joking but yeah I have one in the party - once they level a few times they aren't bad!