Other Game Discussion

Moderator: Game Masters

Pyro
Captain

Post by Pyro »

Cai wrote:Were you forced to buy some sort of bundle pack? I want to purchase a 360, but I just want the system (the pro version) without the crappy games I'll never play to save money.
I know how to get the PC version of the game to work on old, unsupported Geforce cards (although I have no idea if it works for unsupported ATI cards so don't ask). You just have to put up with a crappy frame rate though but as long as your processor and RAM can handle it (My Celeron can handle it at a pretty nice frame rate when I turn the graphic sliders to 25-30%. Although I tend to overclock mine so it ends up at about 2.8Ghz instead of 2.6Ghz.) then you should be able to play it at the lowest settings.

It actually doesn't cost all that much to upgrade your PC to play Oblivion. these are the cheapest places I know:

Oveclockers great store that is within walking distance of my college. I don't know if they do overseas orders though.

Newegg cheap (compared to UK prices) online store in the US. Except for the processors which are about the same price you'll get in the UK (Give or take a few US$)
Zhao Ji (15)
Stats: 33-92*-36-74-77
Skills: Challenge I, Cover I, Doctor, Faze I Intimidate II, Maraud I, Raid I, Yueshu II
Gold: 125
--
"When I started here, all there was was swamp. Other kings said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So, I built a third one. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp, but the fourth one... stayed up!"
KDS
Lord

Post by KDS »

I must give a good recommendation to the Godfather game, currently on all consoles save for the next-gen XBOX 360.

If one remembers the movies, you'll be pleased with how flawlessly the game interacts within the plot of the movie. And if you haven't watched the movies, then you still enjoy the game for its use of a freeroam engine and the entertainment it brings.
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Anyone play Suikoden V? I'm really close to the end, but I missed a few stars so I guess I'll be replaying it soon. I think it's a good game, not the best in the series, but good.

By the way, I'd rate the series from best to worst as III, V, II, I, IV.

1. III I had the most fun playing.
2. V ties in a lot of good things about past Suikodens.
3. II is a classic, big improvement to I.
4. I is a good beginning to the series, but needed work.
5. I couldn't even finish this game. I hated much of the gameplay. :(
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

We're (KR and I) playing V right now. We are 10 hours in and I'm pretty hooked though I was annoyed by the storyline to this point. We really liked III as well - though after the cooking contests of II I was so disappointed that there weren't any in III. I loved the cooking contests. We just did IV also and I liked it - but the start was boring and the naval battles way too easy. V's tactical battles look more interesting.
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

The battles in V I am borderline on liking and hating. They are (with the exception of 1) VERY easy. And the real-time thing makes it so you can't enjoy them. Plus, it's annoying that you can't issue orders to your units because every 1.5 seconds a unit attacks another and you have to wacth the cutscene.

PS, the storyline starts off bad, but gets much, much better. Also, if you guys are only 10 hours in you better saddle up for a long ride. I'm 51 hours in and I suspect I'll need at least 5 more hours to beat the game.

IMPORTANT: If you are set on beating the game and collecting all 108 stars it is imperative that you guys print out something detailing how to recruit them all from GameFAQs or somewhere. V has a lot of characters that can be missed and you won't have a chance to get them again. I missed about 8 stars that I won't ever get. :cry: Since you are only 10 hours in you still can get them all. :wink:
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

we have the guide book :)
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

/me explodes in a fit of jealous rage! :evil:

Down with those who can afford to throw their money around like that!
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Kymvir Raemiz
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kymvir Raemiz »

I also have the Oblivion Guidebook!

And an Xbox 360 to play Oblivion on!

Oblivion rocks. :)
Hikaru
New Recruit

Post by Hikaru »

*shakes fist*

I don't have an XBox and my PC is a bit too old to play Oblivion >.>

*cough*Get a Unicorn*cough* :twisted:
bloodie73
New Recruit

Post by bloodie73 »

II>III>I>IV

V - I wish I had a ps2 again T_T! I have the game but no console to play it on >.<

Oblivion rocks! Though the unicorn stinks, I killed it with Shadowmere! :twisted: