Other Game Discussion

Moderator: Game Masters

Zi You de
Colonel

Post by Zi You de »

Pyro wrote:I usually get a ring with a few points of constant effect levitate for getting over mountains. that or make up some potions. Alchemy is a pretty underrated skill.

Agreed. Some of them whipped up home made potions can fetch a small price, and, might actually help when you need it... :lol:

When it comes to mountian climbing, normally I just take a diversion to the nearest place I can climb+jump+walk over, except near red mountian, when I just have to made due with a mountian pass.
Dai Mu Male, 27
90-94-22-67-18
Challenge I, Charge III, Gongshu II, Maraud II, Qiangshu III

"Zi You de has the best stat line ever. : P "
fire_i
Major

Post by fire_i »

In MW, without doubt, Illusion magic is the most useful one.

Sanctuary? Paralyze? Invisibility to pass by enemies peacefully? 100%, 10-seconds long Chameleon that makes you the perfect thief? All the way!
Kong Huang,
Completely dead!
And a character from the PREVIOUS version, too! Kicks ass.
Pyro
Captain

Post by Pyro »

Chameleon is useful but you have to hold down sneak so it's only good for stealing and sneaking in a critical hit. Even then I've been spotted with Chameleon 100% and 80's Sneak.

Invisibility is much better IMO, you can escape most situations easily (including being caught stealing) and it's pretty simple to steal with invisibility anyway. You just have to make sure that nobody can see you when you perfom an action, which is no problem if you are patient.

Or if youre stealing then 100 Sneak makes invisibility and chameleon redundant for stealing as pressing sneak will more or less make you invisible to an NPC even if you're standing right in front of them.

So we finally get Obivion on Friday in England. Some sick, evil, twisted, bastard decided to release it then instead of Monday like the rest of the world. My comp should be able to handle it even with my crappy ghraphics card. If it can handle Fable and Black & White 2 on full then it should be able to run Oblivion on minumum.
Zhao Ji (15)
Stats: 33-92*-36-74-77
Skills: Challenge I, Cover I, Doctor, Faze I Intimidate II, Maraud I, Raid I, Yueshu II
Gold: 125
--
"When I started here, all there was was swamp. Other kings said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So, I built a third one. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp, but the fourth one... stayed up!"
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Pyro wrote:So we finally get Obivion on Friday. Some sick, evil, twisted, bastard decided to release it then instead of Monday like the rest of the world.
Hmm, the BestBuy ad sats it is available Tuesday. :? Sadly, I have no Xbox360, no money, and no job ... so it's hihgly unlikely I'll be playing Oblivion until the middle/end of summer. :x
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Pyro
Captain

Post by Pyro »

I have a PC that I invested well over £250 ($450) of upragdes in just so it can play Oblivion so it had better be in stock come Friday or Bethesda Softworks is being added to my list of "Companies to be 'cleansed' list". My bank balance has only just recovered from that. Now I'm thiking of saving up for a Raedon x800 GTO. I heard they're pretty good. Shame they cost about £110 (Just under $200) :cry: . Looks like I'll never get that guitar amp I wanted before summer :cry:
Zhao Ji (15)
Skills: Challenge I, Cover I, Doctor, Faze I Intimidate II, Maraud I, Raid I, Yueshu II
--
"When I started here, all there was was swamp. Other kings said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So, I built a third one. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp, but the fourth one... stayed up!"
Pyro
Captain

Post by Pyro »

Is anyone having problems as serious as mine with running Oblivion? My computer meets the requirements for the game yet it runs insanely slow and lag doesn't even begin to describe what happens when I even attempt to move the mouse I've seen glaciers move faster. I've even tried running it in 640*480 resolution and I still get the same. PC specs are below:

2.6Ghz Processor
1GB RAM
Gefore 5200 256MB graphics card

I know the graphics card sucks but I have no problems with display whatsoever. Any suggestions as to what the problem is will be very appreciated as this is seriously pissing me off. Anyone who knows me will know how much I've been looking forwards to playing this game.

Oh and with the execption of Graphic cards the first person to suggest "Get a new [insert component]" is getting the Devil Badger dropped on thier lap. I cannot repeat cannot afford to upgrade my PC so as much as I will appreciate suggestions, please don't suggest it.
Zhao Ji (15)
--
Lu Kuang

Post by Lu Kuang »

All I can suggest is to put every think to do with graphics and the like down to low, and to also put the screen resolution down.

I have it on 360, but's in awsome game, so I hope you get it to work!
Pyro
Captain

Post by Pyro »

I posted this on simRTK but was completely ignored. Can anyone here help me with this:
I feel like a total idiot for asking this but I will anyway. Where do I enter a name for a custom officer on the Japanese version? There appeares to be nowhere to enter one. Here is a screenshot:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j106/ ... encopy.jpg

So far I've attempted everything I can think of but nothing has happened. The same think also happens when I try to save a game. There is nowhere to enter tha name of the savegame =/

Edit: I would also appreiciate it if someone would show me where to fins a language patch for the non-PUK version that translated dialogue. The patch I have only translates menus and about half of the officer names.
And some slightly better news for the Pyro:

After an entire weekend or breaking things, whining like an emo kid, repeated slamming of my head against the wall, repeated kicking of my computer and screaming myself hoarse at it, I've finally managed to tweak Oblivion's .ini file to a level where I can actually play the game. Granted the graphics look worse than Mount & Blade's and the water is now purple but it's better than not being able to play right? And at least I can play the game until I can afford a nice graphics card.

If anyone else is finding this game unplayable on a Geforce FX series or 6 series, PM me and I'll send you a copy of my .ini file. At least my weekend hasn't been completely ruined.
Zhao Ji (15)
--
Mogwai
General

Post by Mogwai »

Lu Kuang wrote:All I can suggest is to put every think to do with graphics and the like down to low, and to also put the screen resolution down.

I have it on 360, but's in awsome game, so I hope you get it to work!
Were you forced to buy some sort of bundle pack? I want to purchase a 360, but I just want the system (the pro version) without the crappy games I'll never play to save money.
Lu Kuang

Post by Lu Kuang »

I bought the delux pack, which comes with a hardrive, wireless controller, remote, and a ethernet cable. No games.

I would recommend this, because the hardrive is very useful.