OOC Thread V4

OOC Thread, General Roleplay, Tavern, Public Dueling

Moderator: Game Masters

Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Re: OOC Thread V4

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

I wonder how many battles will occur during this lame duck phase. I seem to recall in v2 when this went down, Lu Ying had just launched an attack upon the almost-dead kingdom of Nanjun Tiger's and got hit pretty hard in a loss (thanks to some underestimation and the old system of elaborate paper/rock/scissors crit-killing you if you pick wrongly). Her kingdom was considered to be one of the top 3 PC kingdoms, but that loss reduced her to a vassal kingdom in the end sequence.

It's going to be risky wasting any troops in these next few months. I'm very curious to see how much mobility actually happens. Then again, the battle system doesn't have one option that can make or break your effort anymore.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
KvChaos
Major

Post by KvChaos »

Zhang Liang's still dead right? >.> <.< *shivers
v3 Wu Ming w/ Xiu Zhi Ni
v4 百家 乐 | Bai Jia Le / Blackjack

@@ Sim-Warlords Warmongers Map @@
Mardagg
GameBreaker

Post by Mardagg »

This is what I like about this game, you can surprise your enemy with tactics and win the day despite the fact that your enemy might have a lot more troops than you do... Troops count still play a lot in the battle, but less than other sim. I wonder if the 3-4 bigger kingdoms will hit each other at first or if they will wait and attack smaller/younger kingdom. Like you said Xiang hitting a bad target can cost you a lot if you don't end up with an easy victory...
Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

Xiang Zhuang wrote:I wonder how many battles will occur during this lame duck phase. I seem to recall in v2 when this went down, Lu Ying had just launched an attack upon the almost-dead kingdom of Nanjun Tiger's and got hit pretty hard in a loss (thanks to some underestimation and the old system of elaborate paper/rock/scissors crit-killing you if you pick wrongly). Her kingdom was considered to be one of the top 3 PC kingdoms, but that loss reduced her to a vassal kingdom in the end sequence.

It's going to be risky wasting any troops in these next few months. I'm very curious to see how much mobility actually happens. Then again, the battle system doesn't have one option that can make or break your effort anymore.
Your insinuation that the outcome of V2 was not a direct result of my awesomeness is insulting.

Also, I owe you a pm. I was just overloaded at work today.
Brother Dun
Marquis

Post by Brother Dun »

Charlemagne wrote:
Your insinuation that the outcome of V2 was not a direct result of my awesomeness is insulting.

Also, I owe you a pm. I was just overloaded at work today.
Nah, it was mostly due to graven stabbing me right in the back! I blame Graven for the outcome of v2, it's all his fault! He finally decides to be a "loyal follower" of someone... Except that it's 2 versions too late!!
Zu Yanghei zì 智盜 'Zhì​dào​' (Knowledge Thief)
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Charlemagne wrote:Your insinuation that the outcome of V2 was not a direct result of my awesomeness is insulting.
I only insinuated that Burilgi Khan would have been a bit more than your vassal in the end sequence had the end sequence not dropped right after she lost so much in the battle. I don't recall you two having much of a diplomatic relationship previously. But I totally supported that decision, anyway. Definitely preferred you winning as opposed to massive GMNPC-led alliance.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
AaronH229
General

Post by AaronH229 »

That avatar is rather distracting Aaron0 I must say.

On the subject of endgame, I think the preservation of KTs and PTs may change the dynamic to some small degree, granted there is a limitation on drilling and such, however I do think it will be important.
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Agreed, I think it rewards those that have taken the time to actually build buildings so that they may continue to equip themselves. I think the fact however that you can wipe WHOLE kingdoms in one swoop and then DEFEND ALL of your cities with the same massive army will make it so that those that turtle will fall behind quickly, especially with this change of being able to continue KTs. Anyway, the goal here is to move towards unifying the land each turn, seeing as once territory is gained it cannot be lost again unless your whole kingdom perishes, this might go quickly indeed.
Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

I think the v2 version of endgame took 4-5 turns.
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Might be a bit longer for Zhang Han to accomplish the feat, but we'll get there while everyone suicide rushes on Chu :mrgreen: