Other Game Discussion

Moderator: Game Masters

KDS
Lord

Post by KDS »

22 some odd hours and I get the invasion of the barbarians from the north ending...

Curses!
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Trying to get all the skills in one game like Charlie is just so tedious and boring. I have all but 6 now and I'm pulling my hair out already.
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

Time for another RTK X update!

Animated Events: Here's what I know and how I got them, for those of you just wanting to unlock them.

1. Peach Garden Oath - Play as one of the three brothers in the 184 Scenario. Unavoidable.

2. Seven Star Sword - Play as Lu Bu, Cao Cao, or Dong Zhuo during the 189 Scenario. Unavoidable, unless you do something drastic.

3. Mightier than the Sword - Play as Lu Bu or Dong Zhuo (or possibly Wang Yun) in the 189 Scenario. Unavoidable unless you do something drastic.

7. A Dual Proposal - Sun Ce and Zhou Yu get hitched. Play as Sun Ce in 194. Establish your city at Chai Sang, and then capture Jian Ye, Wu, and Hui Ji. Return to Chai Sang, and Zhou Yu will visit you at your home, asking you to be his wingman.

8. Guan Yu's Journey - Liu Bei gets kidnapped, Guan Yu surrenders to Cao, and Zhang Fei goes to Ru Nan for a beer. Play as Guan Yu in the 200 Scenario and follow the storyline.

9. Appeal to a Dragon - Play as Liu Bei in 207 Scenario. Speak to Sima Hui, recruit Xu Shu at the tavern. Wait for Cao Ren to attack and Xu Shu to leave. Then speak to Sima Hui again, and then wait for the Three Visits.

10. Tragedy at Chang Ban - Play as Zhou Yu in the 207 Scenario. Go through the Three Visits Drama and then Cao Cao will attack. Liu Bei will flee and Zhao Yun rescues the baby, losing Lady Mi.

11. Sun Quan's Decision - Play as Zhou Yu in 207 Scenario. Let the above events occur, and then donate money to Liu Bei after you've been informed that he has gone to Jiang Xia. When you return, you will be informed of Cao Cao's demand of surrender, and you will be summoned to Wu.

12. The Ultimate in Loyalty - Continuing on from the above scene, Huang Gai gets himself whipped. Unavoidable if played from above.

13. A Prayer in the Wind - Zhuge Liang builds a temple and summons the easternly winds, ensuring victolly at Chi Bi. Happens right after the above. Unavoidable if played from above.

14. The Five Tiger Generals of Shu - Yeah. We all know the story. Be one of the 5 Tiger Generals to unlock this scene in the 217 Scenario.

15. Victory or Death - Serve Wei in the 217 Scenario at Xu Chang, any officer. Triggers in about 4 months. Accompany Cao Cao to battle in Han Zhong. Return home when you lose. Bounce back and forth between Wan and Xu Chang a bit. Get to know Pang De. He isn't long for this world.

19. A Patriot's Desire - Zhuge Liang has a plan! And all he needs to do to animate it is visit Cheng Du in the 227 Scenario. You can use any Shu officer, but it helps to play a created officer placed in Han Zhong.

20. A Regrettable Obligation - Ma Su needs to die. Returning from the above scenario, invade Tian Shui and capture Jiang Wei. Once he joins, Kongming will send Ma Su to defend Jie Ting. 30 days later, he'll have failed, and then you get to execute him!

When I get the rest, I'll let you all know. I need a break from this thing for a while.
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin
Location: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Post by Lurking Tyranny »

So how is RTKX? Is it out for the Playstation 2 or just the PC at the moment? Is it also as I have heard only a one player game or can it be multi-player?
GMNPC's
Fan Zeng, Prime Minister of Chu

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Liu Bang then asked Han Xin, who had served under Xiang Yu but was driven out, "what is Xiang Yu's weakness? Is there a way to defeat him?" Han Xin calmly replied, "No, Xiang Yu himself is invincible, he is destined to be king."
Tom
Major

Post by Tom »

There's been a RTK X PC version bouncing around on bit-torrent, even though its not actually released on that platform. PS2 retail only and only in the US :cry:
Xiahou Liang, 35
Ruler of Wuzhong
86-79-71-50-63
Dash, Inspire II, Lure, Manoeuvre, Rally, Reactive Defence, Wedge, Scout
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin
Location: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Post by Lurking Tyranny »

What about the rumors I have heard about it only being single player? Can anyone confirm such things?
GMNPC's
Fan Zeng, Prime Minister of Chu

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Liu Bang then asked Han Xin, who had served under Xiang Yu but was driven out, "what is Xiang Yu's weakness? Is there a way to defeat him?" Han Xin calmly replied, "No, Xiang Yu himself is invincible, he is destined to be king."
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Lurking Tyranny wrote:What about the rumors I have heard about it only being single player? Can anyone confirm such things?
Yes, only single player. The morons just wrote 1-8 on the back of the box. They officially said on Koei's website that it is single player and the box is wrong. I think the game is wonderful! My favorite so far, for sure.

by the way, anyone figure out an easier way to locate the sages? :? Or even better yet, anyone know of an NPC with Taunt? It's the last skill I need!
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Bourne
Major

Post by Bourne »

Tom wrote:There's been a RTK X PC version bouncing around on bit-torrent, even though its not actually released on that platform. PS2 retail only and only in the US :cry:
Lies I tell ya lies. Haha just jokin (again) Anyway Canada has it too. Course China and Japan as well. Only the UK doesn't get games as fast and I know why.
Zhào​ Láng​ (赵狼)
Xīng​nù​ (惺怒, Tranquil fury)
63-92-33-49-67
Faze II, Intimidate II, Inspire II, Jianshu II, Wall II, Yueshu I
Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

Galagros wrote:by the way, anyone figure out an easier way to locate the sages? :? Or even better yet, anyone know of an NPC with Taunt? It's the last skill I need!
Mi Heng and Zuo Ci. I believe those are the only two. But I have gotten Taunt from both.
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Charlemagne wrote:
Galagros wrote:by the way, anyone figure out an easier way to locate the sages? :? Or even better yet, anyone know of an NPC with Taunt? It's the last skill I need!
Mi Heng and Zuo Ci. I believe those are the only two. But I have gotten Taunt from both.
Yeah I ended up beating Mi Heng on the 5th or 6th time. I meant a playable character that had it, but it doesn't matter anymore. I'm finally done with unlocking all the skills. Man was that boring... :)
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info