Feedback and Suggestions

Moderator: Game Masters

Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Bonaparte wrote:Can we have a map with colored and labled cities, so we know where the rulers are with more ease?
Eh, I think that would be too hard. It would be really nice, but complicated. I can see just a map of the cities, but adding on the villages and towns wouldn't work at all.
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Dao Xia
General

Post by Dao Xia »

If someone just removes the province names and perhaps thins the border lines, it would be as simple as adding a circle and labelling it. Don't worry about towns, but cities would help alot. Or even, just make a seperate map for cities, towns and villiages. Not too hard.
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Well, since villages can be made, and villages and towns upgraded ... also cities and towns can be downgraded by sacking, it could b hard to keep wnough room in each province open for changes. Also, a ton of villages will probably change hands each turn, so it could take up a lot of free time for an admin to work on a map.
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Georgie
Sergeant

Post by Georgie »

I like how this was in OOC. :P

Moved for posterity!

In Chapter III: Skills (my favorite chapter!), Formation is not in alphabetical order. When I went to look it up, it was off the page, so I couldn't find it. Only noting its presence and scrolling through the rules questions thread did I go back and re-check to find it right after Fame.

I'm only bringing this up because I don't want other people to miss it too!
Lady Zhen Ya (27) 44-70-50-52-82 Civil Administrator I, Diplomat III, Gongshu II, Politician II, Saboteur II in Hann
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

About the map, it's not easy. Here's something I spent about 20 minutes on. The yellow still divides provinces and the black divides the cities.

Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Shi Zhi Mi
Colonel

Post by Shi Zhi Mi »

I wouldn't mind having three maps. One map for the provience, one map for the cities and towns, and one map for the villages. It would be nice to see what is located where in the provience.
The Xiong Nu have left the building!

Liu Bei(43) 90-40-63-62-80
Military Adminstrator II, Marksman II, Lure I, Diplomat II, Politican I
Item: Dai Lu(Horse: +3 Speed, + 1 Attack)
Dao Xia
General

Post by Dao Xia »

Really, if someone just removes the province names and thins the border like Galagros did, then it wouldnt' be that hard. Villiages could be tiny squares (take the forts in HoC for example) on one map. You add a square when one is built, take one away when destroyed. Towns could be small triangles, and cities circles all on seperate maps. When updated, you just remove the town and put another city on.
Naurek
Sergeant

Post by Naurek »

I like what Gal did, even if you removed the province names and made the borders black for the provinces. It would just give you a general idea of "borders" of rulers. The big problem with it is that like in the case of Qi, who is to know where Dicheng is in relation to Linzi? It would be guesses unless someone were to compare it to a real map of the time and do the work that way.
Huangfu Yuan (46) 71-27-85-90-45 Civil Administrator II, Confuse I, Doctor I, Lure I, Military Administrator II, Public Planner I
Lord of Dicheng
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Yeah, well what I did with that situation is just tried to make everyone's territory look as consolidated as possible.
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
clench
Officer

Post by clench »

why not just make multiple maps, one with provinces, one with cities, etc.