Ying Fusu's Audience Hall - Nanzheng

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

ZhangCo
Ensign

Post by ZhangCo »

The magistrate took a moment to take in the Prime Minister's words, though he could not gain much in terms of emotion from the man. He sipped the tea slowly, and was marginally impressed by the taste. Surely, this would not be the course brew that he knew some residents of his town enjoyed occassionally, yet something more expensive and exotic.

"Support will be as important as the King's right hand, I daresay. The folk of Han are hardy fellows, Prime Minister, and we will fight until the last man falls to restore the righteous ruler to the Throne. I give you my solemn word as leader of the town of Anzhong that as long as there is breath in my lungs, I will do my utmost to support the cause of the King of Qin. I, and Anzhong, are at your service,"
Lu Zihang zi lingluan (24)
73-20-86-70-30
Confuse II, Decoy I, Doctor, Jeer I, Military Administrator II, Poison II, Public Planner I

Follower
She Ou (78) 76-75-32-58-42, Discipline I, Inspire I, Jeer I, Propagandist I, Rupture I, Wall II
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

ZhangCo wrote:The magistrate took a moment to take in the Prime Minister's words, though he could not gain much in terms of emotion from the man. He sipped the tea slowly, and was marginally impressed by the taste. Surely, this would not be the course brew that he knew some residents of his town enjoyed occassionally, yet something more expensive and exotic.

"Support will be as important as the King's right hand, I daresay. The folk of Han are hardy fellows, Prime Minister, and we will fight until the last man falls to restore the righteous ruler to the Throne. I give you my solemn word as leader of the town of Anzhong that as long as there is breath in my lungs, I will do my utmost to support the cause of the King of Qin. I, and Anzhong, are at your service,"
Yi nodded and smiled slightly, pleased with the way the discussion was headed. He thought for a moment and then said, "I am sure the King of Qin will be pleased to count you as a vassal. Indeed the first vassal in this province."

He smiled again and said, "It is one thing to support a powerful and secure King. One might expect some reward but, in truth, one has little option but support." He paused and took another sip of tea before saying, "The rewards one might expect from supporting a worthy King when he is embattled are much greater."

Yi replaced his cup and his face became more serious. "You have begun to muster men to the cause? Of course they would be, as you say, untrained. What were your plans for these men?"
ZhangCo
Ensign

Post by ZhangCo »

Liao Qian took the note of him being the first vassal with a hint of pride. Though he had expected it to be so, the realisation that perhaps he would be of some importance raised a sense of accomplishment in the man's chest. Nodding his head to the Prime Minister's question, the magistrate answered as best as he could, considering he had thought little of the future of the men he had drafted not long ago.

"I, truthfully, had little plans for them, for it has been but a short time since they became soldiers. Some of them speak of wars as if fighting is as natural to them as breathing, yet others are filled with hopeful hero stories. I do not wish to crush spirits, but those who have dainty aims will need to be straightened out into those who see that the cause before them may indeed bring death, and yet will still take up their battered swords when the enemy steps up for another fight without a word of complaint. Of course, I could be thinking wishfully, but I expect nothing less of these men than one hundred percent. And I will get that from them,"

He paused for a moment, and smiled a gentle smile that betrayed his gruff appearance. "In truth, I have never fought a battle before. Yet I will not walk away from this. Give me a short time, and I will have learned enough to be a great help. For now, all I can offer is everything I have, and all I ask is the chance to learn from you, and from your brother, and from the Great King. I ask to learn from you the ways in which I may help. So I can give you more. So I can bring more. And in time, become a great, great help in the campaigns that come to bring the land back to the King of Qin,"
Lu Zihang zi lingluan (24)
73-20-86-70-30
Confuse II, Decoy I, Doctor, Jeer I, Military Administrator II, Poison II, Public Planner I

Follower
She Ou (78) 76-75-32-58-42, Discipline I, Inspire I, Jeer I, Propagandist I, Rupture I, Wall II
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Meng Yi was very satisfied by this speech and he nodded and smiled. When Liao Qian finished speaking he said, "I will, of course, tell the King all you have told me. Perhaps, though, you would like to meet the King yourself."

He stood slowly indicated that Liao should follow him. A servant quietly opened the door and bowed low. Meng Yi said, "Please come with me, if you will. The King is, I think, in a small garden nearby."

((Continued in http://www.simwarlords.net/forum/viewto ... 1932#81932 ))
Taishi Ci
Major

Post by Taishi Ci »

Sometime just before the end of the month, Li Peng rode to the city where the southern Qin lord was based. Walking up to the audience hall, he bowed to the guards. "I am a village leader from Sai named Li Peng, here to meet with a representative of His Majesty. Please search me for weapons and take me to someone I can speak to."
Baocen Peng (75) 73-20-88-60-49
Confuse II, Jeer II, Poison II, Scout II, Scout I
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

"Why have you traveled here from Sai, Village Headman Li?" inquired the guard captain, Quan Shao, with curiosity. "Why do you wish for a meeting with a representative of His Majesty, the King of Qin?"
Adranis
Little Goober
Location: Just remember, the low blood pressure demon is writing you up.

Post by Adranis »

The heat of summer was swelling throughout the land, and the dryness of the day had proven a good time to move from her place at the nearest inn to her destination. The expected severe rainstorms that came with the season had caused Qiao Lin to put off her visit to the city of Nanzheng in Han for the past few days, and as it were, heavy rain inbrought a brilliantly sunny day afterwards. Not knowing how long that period would last, it was her opportunity to mount her horse once more and depart for the fortress that housed the rightful emperor of Qin.

Having ridden greater distances beforehand, the pretty young woman was marveled at as she quickly continued over the paths that led into the city. None would expect such skill from a girl, but she was hard trained, and it was just a talent that she had been able to grasp very well, especially in the recent years. The Imperial banners fluttered in the wake of the wind, and though the city looked busy and very dreary, it was more alive than she had last recalled it.

Arriving at the front gates of the main compound, she calmed her horse and dismounted before the guards and servants of Ying Fusu. In courtier fashion, she bowed her head and kneeled briefly, speaking clearly and cutting to the point. "Gentlemen of the Imperial Guard, I bear no ill purpose towards His Highness. Kindly inform General Meng Tian that the Lady Qiao Lin has arrived and requests an audience - I consent to a search as per protocol while I await his response." Her light garb waved in the wind as she rose, still keeping her head down.
Qiao Lin (21)
53-44-96*-31-92
Deride III, Diplomat II, Envelop I, Politician II, Propagandist II, Public Planner II, Spy I
Items: Book of Rites (Int+4)

V2: 1 dead, 1 retired, 1 inactive.

<XuQuan> I would be a good houseboy since I don't like wearing clothes.

<Flawed> TEAM FLAWED - We're Wrong, and We Know it, so Screw you.

* Dreamer|Lernen sucks off to rp with no one.
Imaginos
Officer

Post by Imaginos »

At the beginning of July, a trio of riders made their way through the city, heading towards the palace gates. The lead man, a stern looking individual garbed in armor and a faded military uniform bearing no official colors kept his eyes trained on the building as his group rode closer to the gatehouse. The individuals stopped just outside and the leader dismounted and walked over to the guards. His companions dismounted and remained behind him, leading all three horses and holding them still. The officer bowed to the guards curtly, snapping back to attention in a moment.

I am Commandant Shi Jian, requesting permission for an audience with the King of Qin, Ying Fusu.
Shi Jian zi Danli, 27
92-69*-56-70-32
Aid, Charge, Dash, Discipline II, Envelop II, Jianshu, Military Administrator III, Rupture
Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

Li Ning approached the gates of Nanzheng with some optimism. If nothing else, the place was closer to his home in Nanyang than others he had ventured to. As he came upon the guardsmen, he gave a deep bow. "Greetings gentlemen. I have come to offer my services as a scribe to his Majesty. Perhaps there is a minister in charge of such matters that I could speak to?"
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

Adranis wrote:The heat of summer was swelling throughout the land, and the dryness of the day had proven a good time to move from her place at the nearest inn to her destination. The expected severe rainstorms that came with the season had caused Qiao Lin to put off her visit to the city of Nanzheng in Han for the past few days, and as it were, heavy rain inbrought a brilliantly sunny day afterwards. Not knowing how long that period would last, it was her opportunity to mount her horse once more and depart for the fortress that housed the rightful emperor of Qin.

Having ridden greater distances beforehand, the pretty young woman was marveled at as she quickly continued over the paths that led into the city. None would expect such skill from a girl, but she was hard trained, and it was just a talent that she had been able to grasp very well, especially in the recent years. The Imperial banners fluttered in the wake of the wind, and though the city looked busy and very dreary, it was more alive than she had last recalled it.

Arriving at the front gates of the main compound, she calmed her horse and dismounted before the guards and servants of Ying Fusu. In courtier fashion, she bowed her head and kneeled briefly, speaking clearly and cutting to the point. "Gentlemen of the Imperial Guard, I bear no ill purpose towards His Highness. Kindly inform General Meng Tian that the Lady Qiao Lin has arrived and requests an audience - I consent to a search as per protocol while I await his response." Her light garb waved in the wind as she rose, still keeping her head down.
After exchanging looks, a guardsman entered the administrative complex in search of Meng Tian. Though normally overwhelmed by his duties and responsibilities, the guardsman found Meng Tian in the gardens playing go with the Master of Purification, Chunyu Yue. The general quickly buckled on his sword, excusing himself from the game.

In the meantime, a trio of female servants had thoroughly searched the young lady, confiscating whatever weapons that she may have had. Qiao Lin was shown to a guest receiving chambers where she was served tea and some small snacks.

After nearly a quarter of a watch (half an hour), Meng Tian appeared in the chambers. His face lit up with delight as he recognized the young girl.
Imaginos wrote:At the beginning of July, a trio of riders made their way through the city, heading towards the palace gates. The lead man, a stern looking individual garbed in armor and a faded military uniform bearing no official colors kept his eyes trained on the building as his group rode closer to the gatehouse. The individuals stopped just outside and the leader dismounted and walked over to the guards. His companions dismounted and remained behind him, leading all three horses and holding them still. The officer bowed to the guards curtly, snapping back to attention in a moment.

I am Commandant Shi Jian, requesting permission for an audience with the King of Qin, Ying Fusu.
Quan Shao regarded the man wearily, the guard captain unsure about the recent influx of visitors to Nanzheng. His hand on the pommel of his sword, he spoke harshly, a bit furious that the man dared to use the King's surname and given name. "Who the bloody devil are you, Shi Jian to think you can address His Imperial Majesty in such a filthy, familiar manner!?!"
Charlemagne wrote:Li Ning approached the gates of Nanzheng with some optimism. If nothing else, the place was closer to his home in Nanyang than others he had ventured to. As he came upon the guardsmen, he gave a deep bow. "Greetings gentlemen. I have come to offer my services as a scribe to his Majesty. Perhaps there is a minister in charge of such matters that I could speak to?"
"What is your name, Sir?" inquired the guard officer on duty named Xie Ba with a forced, tired smile. "Is there a specific minister that you wished to speak with?"