OOC Thread V4

OOC Thread, General Roleplay, Tavern, Public Dueling

Moderator: Game Masters

Mardagg
GameBreaker

Re: OOC Thread V4

Post by Mardagg »

I was expecting some resistance in Yue considering that we dmg the fort so that he could not be built in time to defend against us. We had enough armies to attack all of his cities by ourself, but it was more strategic to do it togetter, especially if Situ still had his army in Jiuliang.

The loosing battle part will begin soon in Huaiyin and at the Gate: we have 7k of our own troops but Jin Shi and the Mercenaries had a lot over there :?

The smaller players always end up togetter against bigger player it's only strategic to do so. I can not fight alone someone with 9 cities when I have 2 myslef...
Mikal
Marquis

Post by Mikal »

Mardagg wrote:I was expecting some resistance in Yue considering that we dmg the fort so that he could not be built in time to defend against us. We had enough armies to attack all of his cities by ourself, but it was more strategic to do it togetter, especially if Situ still had his army in Jiuliang.
I think the fact you guys did the dick move and hit each city seperately might have had something to do with the fact he decided not to impale his forces on there.
The Wiseman Cometh...
Zhefu, 37, Male
52-39-62-91-64
Civil Administrator III, Military Administrator II, Diplomat II, Politician II
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

LOL dick move? It's called strategy and people should learn from it. It's about time someone pays from leaving a WHOLE province without armies to defend it. We've seen it so many times in the past, bigger powers relying on the fact they can turn around and distribute punishment and so protect only certain areas.
Mikal
Marquis

Post by Mikal »

Phailak wrote:LOL dick move? It's called strategy and people should learn from it.

...Who said it couldn't be both? Is it good strategy to section off a province and attack cities one by one, forcing the defender to not be able to block everything? Yes.

Is it a dick move when the province invasion mechanic is meant to be used for such attacks? Again, yes.
The Wiseman Cometh...
Zhefu, 37, Male
52-39-62-91-64
Civil Administrator III, Military Administrator II, Diplomat II, Politician II
Mardagg
GameBreaker

Post by Mardagg »

Raids and skimisher attacks are part of war and they are there to use for this purpose...

Doing a provincial attack with 20000(30) troops is impossible...
Royalspork
Marshal

Post by Royalspork »

To make a point, the small attacks wouldn't be possible if people put more than the minimum in city garrisons. So you have only yourself to blame, everyone.
Krimzon
General

Post by Krimzon »

Actually, I find it worse by the fact that certain rulers are put in play to fuel and arm the ambitions of a single entity whilst doing and achieving nothing for their own personal goals. One begins to question their motives within the game at all. Though I'm impressed on the level of organization and efficiency of this attack. It must have taken allot of PM's and planning to make it happen.
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

This has nothing to do with mechanics. Lightning quick attacks can't be countered by armies not there or one BIG army, how would they have time to split and organize and get to the targets.
There is absolutely no disadvantage to having several smaller armies or as Spork mentioned garrisoned cities, so why change that? Just so that rulers can skimp on paying ranks and have one field army per province? Makes no sense, like I said in the suggestion thread, seems too specific to this situation.
If Situ moves 1-2 field armies to Yue and sends the other to Huainan, he basically routs everything in Huainan and Yue, but he didn't. By doing so he would of lost Jiujiang, but would of captured some NPCs and kept most of his cities. It was a gamble which should of been obvious when the fort was hit.

Krim, we spoke about this by IRC, from what I know, I don't agree at all with your assessment. Some plans were turned down, others got things in return not public knowledge...
Mardagg
GameBreaker

Post by Mardagg »

Lots of PM indeed, I was not expecting troops in Huainan so it was easy to convince Jin Shi and the mercenary to attack with some gold.

With Taishi ci we had an agreement that will be reveal soon ;)
Shen Feng
Colonel

Post by Shen Feng »

And I, unfortunately, was generally uncooperative, because one side was engaging me in-character and the other side generally wasn't. Sorry, Mardagg. :(

Not that it's likely much relief for Situ, since even though I didn't attack him I did let Baocen Peng through. But he could've gone through without my permission and just had supply line penalties, so even that wouldn't have changed this outcome.