Other Game Discussion

Moderator: Game Masters

Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

I've never played 10 (yet), but I enjoy 9 much more than 8. I thought the menus were very clunky feeling in 8, I didn't like the battle system, and I thought about half the music was really annoying. In 9 I liked a lot of little things in it. As well as the battle system. I didn't really like the barbarians (stupid AI, just a road bump), but they were forgivable.
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
GoGo the Monkey
Marshal

Post by GoGo the Monkey »

Heh, i've always found VII to be my favorite. But after playing X, I thought it was great.

I personally thought IX was ok, but not that great. It had a different sense of gameplay. I think the only thing that really upsetted me was the fact that I didn't control my armies. Then when I looked at it, if it were real..I wouldn't be able to anyways. The person in charge of them would be running around doing who knows what. Sorta like they did in the game. I still find being able to control my armies very much fun though. Like in the new ROTK installment, in which I get to move them around. The barbs, I didn't care for..they were there. They were annoying and did their job at annoying you greatly. I don't know, it could have been the AI that killed it for me. I also never liked the fact of being pure ruler.

Now in X, I can go run around..start my own bandit group and do whatever. Well, i'm not sure if I can be a bandit. But I know I can start a force, beat the crap out of people. Steal their belongings and the like. Ontop of that, I can work for a historical character and differ time. I don't know about any of you, but I personally like being made viceroy and the likes without having to do all the work. Then again, i'm lazy and I always found being an officer fun.

Battles in the game, are great. I personally love the campaign mode, it saves so much resources. Once again though, i'm just lazy. It's a good feature, much like the bringing back of being an officer.
Sweet_Ayame
Captain

Post by Sweet_Ayame »

Haven't played X yet...but i prefer 8....I just really didn't like 9 where i could only play as a ruler ;_;

So in 10 is the marriage option only on the PC or does anyone know if in the PS2 version you can hitched? (typical woman here)
Jiao Suyin, 18
36-62-52-80-89
Civil Administrator II, Diplomat II, Jianshu II, Politician II, Propagandist II, Saboteur
KDS
Lord

Post by KDS »

Seven is my personal favorite. Just because of the way that ranks were distributed it made the game much more worthwhile. Eight I didn't like because all you had to do was take territory and the rank was yours. And with Nine, I really disliked the fact that you are just a ruler.

Can't wait for Ten!
GoGo the Monkey
Marshal

So in 10 is the marriage option only on the PC or does anyone know if in the PS2 version you can hitched? (typical woman here)
I dunno, I personally hope they finally let you take a wife on the PS2 version. I always found it odd that my guy had kids, but they never had a mother figure. She was just some random lady or something. I haven't tried getting married to any of the historical characters on the PC as of yet. But I know i'm created myself a wife. That will do for me..but I suppose we'll have to wait to see the wife thing on PS2.
Bourne
Major

Post by Bourne »

Sweet_Ayame wrote:Haven't played X yet...but i prefer 8....I just really didn't like 9 where i could only play as a ruler ;_;

Marriage is back but works just a little bit differently. There is no marriage event for CCs. Only the main marriages are events, like Sun Ce, Zhou Yu and the Qiao sisters. Lu Bu and Diao Chan.

However you can now set marriage for CCs. When you create them. So unlike RTK VIII, girls can marry and be rulers. (I know in RTK VIII you could do that too but with only two guys)

RTK X is the best of the best. History is followed to a T, unless of course ya screw it up, lol
Zhào​ Láng​ (赵狼)
Xīng​nù​ (惺怒, Tranquil fury)
63-92-33-49-67
Faze II, Intimidate II, Inspire II, Jianshu II, Wall II, Yueshu I
GoGo the Monkey
Marshal

RTK X is the best of the best. History is followed to a T, unless of course ya screw it up, lol
Oh and trust me, you can do that! Sorta like when I was serving Sun Jian and saved him from utter destruction. No bolders or arrows are going to kill my lord!

/runs off to see if he can save Dongy, which he highly doubts. Since it'll be impossible or really hard just to kill Lu Bu.
Damn me for not having the PUK, if only I could assassinate.
Bonaparte
Marshal

Post by Bonaparte »

I want to try out X. I thought I could have kids in VIII, but it killed me when I found out I couldn't. What is new is X?
Deng Yue, 40
51-46-50-78-80*
Military Administrator II, Civil Administrator II, Diplomat II, Politician II
Items: Horse (+1 Speed, E), Ring of Changsha (+3 Charisma, E)
Tom
Major

Post by Tom »

/me wishes he had tried one of the RTK series. His friends keep telling him not to. :cry:
Xiahou Liang, 35
Ruler of Wuzhong
86-79-71-50-63
Dash, Inspire II, Lure, Manoeuvre, Rally, Reactive Defence, Wedge, Scout
Bourne
Major

Post by Bourne »

Yo thanks for the info. I got Guild Wars. Dam what a game. I didn't think the MMORPG games were this fun. Anyways thanks again for the info.
Zhào​ Láng​ (赵狼)
Xīng​nù​ (惺怒, Tranquil fury)
63-92-33-49-67
Faze II, Intimidate II, Inspire II, Jianshu II, Wall II, Yueshu I