Chu Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Rue Goung
General

Re: Chu Provincial Roleplay

Post by Rue Goung »

ann wrote: The man seemed quite surprised by the visitor's speech after a while he said, "We don't mix in politics. I don't know who you're with though I'm sure that king and emperor are quite wonderful. We haven't heard much here since King Chen went off in the carriage." His brows drew together and then he said, "Is he back then?"

He didn't wait for his visitor to answer before saying, "There are bandits everywhere these days. We've been hit more than once! Wait ..." He seemed to grow suspicious and then said, "I got a lot of friends if your here to make trouble!"
Jang stopped looking around and focused his attention back to the lord of the town and smiled. with a inquisitive look on his face jang tugged gently on his beard and shook his head.

"my lordship, im not here to start any trouble. en-fact that is the opposite of why im here. i have come to bring order to this region by bringing the bandits to justice. to answer your original question the king of Chu is Xiang Yu, hero that defeated the qin and brought there rain of terror to an end. my lordship, you said you dont mix in politics? if true how did you come to govern this town? as well if you could please answer my question do you have any information on the current attack from bandits you suffered? how badly did they attack?"
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

Phailak wrote:Lai nodded.

"Good, good. Plans are not yet set, seems Dieu was insulted by something and therefore some people will likely die. But he has some loyalties to Chu and well I had heard of your commitment to your group, seems I am the only one yet to have found a cause. Any estimates how quickly you can be with us if needed, considering your plans? I would like to plan around having you there to lead the vanguard and I doubt Dieu wants to lead anything without you there. We only need your assistance 1-2 months I would venture. We have not yet determined a target location or target group or I should say Dieu has not shared that with me yet. One thing I know, you will gain great fame since Dieu was reluctant to involve me, which means more danger than usual even..."

Lai knew that last statement would have an effect on Rui, only times Dieu left Lai out of anything was when he joined Chu. Outside of his duty to Chu, Lai was always needed, it spoke volumes of what the commander thought of the situation and Rui would love anything that would be too dangerous for Lai or more likely anything that resembled impossible odds.
OOC: Sorry for the delay my friend, was busy the whole week. :?

"A battle."

Xun Jiang's eyes roved upwards in thought, obviously tempted to say yes already. The smell of battle was something which he had been licking his chops for... All the guts and glory which it entailed was one of the few things which he loved in the world passionately. Or rather, lusted for. The swing of the blade, the cleaving of nameless heads, the swath which he would cut into the teeming masses of pitiful weaklings before him. It was enough to make his adrenalin boil.

There was only one thing that complicated things for him. He and his group are already wanteds criminal in Chu because he had just led a series of brutal Shadow army raids against the unclaimed holdings around Xinzheng. It also meant that Lai was putting his life on the line to recruit him, for making friends with bandits is a capital crime in Chu. It was more than enough to make him agree.

A small grin flashed in his face, breaking the stoic, deadly facade he always exuded. "I shall meet you and DIeu anywhere. Send me a letter."
Shang Yu, strategist and miser

Formerly:

Xun Jiang the Black Ogre, King of Yan
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Rue Goung wrote:Jang stopped looking around and focused his attention back to the lord of the town and smiled. with a inquisitive look on his face jang tugged gently on his beard and shook his head.

"my lordship, im not here to start any trouble. en-fact that is the opposite of why im here. i have come to bring order to this region by bringing the bandits to justice. to answer your original question the king of Chu is Xiang Yu, hero that defeated the qin and brought there rain of terror to an end. my lordship, you said you dont mix in politics? if true how did you come to govern this town? as well if you could please answer my question do you have any information on the current attack from bandits you suffered? how badly did they attack?"
The man shrugged a little. He said, "So old She didn't come back from that carriage ride?" He shook his head and cackled a little then, remembering his guest, quickly bowed and coughed to hid his apparent amusement. "Well, organizing the town isn't politics now is it? Have you farmed?" He looked doubtfully at his guest and then said, "It's like farming sort of. And it's just as there was nobody else."

He was uncomfortable talking to this man but he was eager to have the bandits done away with. "About those bandits.. they are a strange bunch... we get a few you know as there are lots of men with small forces around since the wars." The man looked warily at his visitor, this man could be one of those after all and might not take kindly to anyone complaining about his fellows taking what they wanted. "Anyway we try to mind our own business you know. It wouldn't do to get to know to much. This lot were like shadows ... called themselves something like that too. But we didn't see any faces!"
Rue Goung
General

Post by Rue Goung »

ann wrote: The man shrugged a little. He said, "So old She didn't come back from that carriage ride?" He shook his head and cackled a little then, remembering his guest, quickly bowed and coughed to hid his apparent amusement. "Well, organizing the town isn't politics now is it? Have you farmed?" He looked doubtfully at his guest and then said, "It's like farming sort of. And it's just as there was nobody else."

He was uncomfortable talking to this man but he was eager to have the bandits done away with. "About those bandits.. they are a strange bunch... we get a few you know as there are lots of men with small forces around since the wars." The man looked warily at his visitor, this man could be one of those after all and might not take kindly to anyone complaining about his fellows taking what they wanted. "Anyway we try to mind our own business you know. It wouldn't do to get to know to much. This lot were like shadows ... called themselves something like that too. But we didn't see any faces!"
tugging gently on his beard jang smiled to the farming comment.

"well actually i was born in a small village not far from here. en fact my village was one that was attacked by these shadow people. i was a farmer long before the rebellion, but when the chu movement took place i stood up to fight for my homeland. but that is a story for another time. you say you didn't see any faces? did you see where they went? as well you said there are others with army's around here? do you know of there locations or who owns them? im sure any help you give me will be rewarded by our king."
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Li Dao Wen wrote:
OOC: Sorry for the delay my friend, was busy the whole week. :?

"A battle."

Xun Jiang's eyes roved upwards in thought, obviously tempted to say yes already. The smell of battle was something which he had been licking his chops for... All the guts and glory which it entailed was one of the few things which he loved in the world passionately. Or rather, lusted for. The swing of the blade, the cleaving of nameless heads, the swath which he would cut into the teeming masses of pitiful weaklings before him. It was enough to make his adrenalin boil.

There was only one thing that complicated things for him. He and his group are already wanteds criminal in Chu because he had just led a series of brutal Shadow army raids against the unclaimed holdings around Xinzheng. It also meant that Lai was putting his life on the line to recruit him, for making friends with bandits is a capital crime in Chu. It was more than enough to make him agree.

A small grin flashed in his face, breaking the stoic, deadly facade he always exuded. "I shall meet you and DIeu anywhere. Send me a letter."

Lai clasped him by the shoulder.

"Ah! Good, I will advise you when our plans come into motion. I once promised you to make you the most famous and feared man in the land, I do not take my promises lightly my friend. We shall see each other again soon."

Just as per usual, Lai gave a slight bow and left as if they had just made plans for tomorrow night's dinner.
OneEyedDrgn
Lieutenant

Post by OneEyedDrgn »

Kakirot83 wrote: Tai smiled towards the waitress as she spoke before leaving. Tai looked down at her plate, and began to eat a couple of pieces to start off with. She noticed that Zhuwen had poured her a cup of wine, being ever the gentleman. Tai sniffed the wine for a few seconds, savoring the smell, then she put the cup to her lips, and winked at Zhuwen.

She emptied the contents of her glass in one go, without hesitation. She was one who believed in taking in all of life, and things that changed your thinking, letting you see from a new perspective was definately something Tai took great pleasure in.

"I think I have the basics of it down."

Tai took the bottle and poured herself another glass, planning to not down this one in one go, rather taking her time with it. She returned to her plate, before she looked up at Zhuwen again.

"I do not think the waitress likes you all too much, is she a past 'encounter'? or one of the rare missed chances, the King of Blood has had?"

She smiled a wicked smile in his direction, as she raised the glass to her lips.
"Huh?" Zhuwen stared at Tai blankly with a stupid expression at her words after she finished her cup. "Wait, do you mean that was your first time? Didn't taste bad at all for you?" he asked with a slight frown.

Shrugging, he began to eat away at his dinner. Zhuwen at least seemed to have table manners when he wasn't partying, as he took small amounts at a time and made sure not to make any mess. At the mention of the waitress, he could only smile, as he eyed the woman going around for a moment.

"Hmmm... The 'rare missed chance' I suppose. I actually brought a few women in here before I tried hitting on her, and verrrrry surprisingly, she didn't want anything to do with me. But hey, like I said, she's just pretending to not like me," Zhuwen said with a sneer. The waitress who was walking around caught Zhuwen's eyes, and she rolled hers before ignoring Zhuwen.

"Anyway, tell me something about your past. Like, where you were born, about your parents and such."
Liang Zhuwen, 28, Male, Chaotic Neutral
Stats: 50-92-36-31-80
Skills: Assemble II, Challenge II, Diplomat, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Yueshu II
Biography
Zhuwen's Theme
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Rue Goung wrote:
ann wrote: The man shrugged a little. He said, "So old She didn't come back from that carriage ride?" He shook his head and cackled a little then, remembering his guest, quickly bowed and coughed to hid his apparent amusement. "Well, organizing the town isn't politics now is it? Have you farmed?" He looked doubtfully at his guest and then said, "It's like farming sort of. And it's just as there was nobody else."

tugging gently on his beard jang smiled to the farming comment.

"well actually i was born in a small village not far from here. en fact my village was one that was attacked by these shadow people. i was a farmer long before the rebellion, but when the chu movement took place i stood up to fight for my homeland. but that is a story for another time. you say you didn't see any faces? did you see where they went? as well you said there are others with army's around here? do you know of there locations or who owns them? im sure any help you give me will be rewarded by our king."
"So you joined old She? That fellow was something!" The man grinned and seemed lost in thought for a moment. "I met a man from his village once. Said old She once claimed that when he was rich and powerful he'd never forget the little people. Some people way the craziest things. I guess he did get powerful for a while. And I hear he had a palace and lots of wine!"

Shaking his head at the thought he glanced at the visitor and then said, "Oh, no - they were like shadows for real. We couldn't see their faces. But the boy works in the tavern said he thought he remembered one from there.. you know recognized the voice maybe. He thought that one was talking about being from the north."
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

"Get me Lü Tang," commanded Ji Bu after returning to his office. Seating himself on a mat, the former mercenary commander waited for his commands to be followed and the man to be summoned.
Ishy Julu
Sergeant

Post by Ishy Julu »

"Yes, General?" He'd reply, after arriving on the scene. A crisp salute later, and the man would stand up straighter. His armor gleamed, and his eyes were still frantic and curious. He most certainly has not had enough battle lately, and he was slightly put out, he'd admit to himself, he did not join the other battles. But, there will be more soon, and he would have his share of violence in gore. "How may I assist you?"
Lü Tang, 33.
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

"You did well at Yangcheng," replied Ji Bu, regarding Lü Tang closely. "I am of mind to reward you for capturing Liu Chang, the corrupt, disloyal, and cowardly governor. If you proceed to the stables, you will find a warhorse there. My gift to you. May you perform as well in the future in the service of the Hegemonic King of Western Chu."

Warhorse (Spd+2) given by Ji Bu to Lü Tang!