Chu Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

OneEyedDrgn
Lieutenant

Re: Chu Provincial Roleplay

Post by OneEyedDrgn »

Kakirot83 wrote:
Tai smiled at Zhuwen's response. So she was to lead? that could be fun as well.

"I suppose I don't much look at a map either, so much as I just tend to know where I'm going." Tai thought about where she was going. "I haven't been to Jiaoxi in a while, so I think i might lead us in that direction, and see what there is out there. perhaps go even further south, after a time."

She thought about the other part of his question. she honestly wondered if she had real personal goals.

"Goals are harder to come up with, though everyone has them, whether they know it or not. My only goal right now, is to go where I go, and see if I am needed there, or least if there's anything fun to do."
"Jiaoxi..." Zhuwen rubbed his chin, and looking up at the ceiling. Where was that again? He thought he had recently been there. After some seconds, Zhuwen's memory managed to flicker back, as he looked back at Tai.

"Oh yeah, that place. Last time, some guy was recruiting troops to take a city or something like that. That's fine with me, I'm somewhat interested to know if those boys managed to succeed or got themselves killed. Lots of guys trying to rise up and conquer these days... I wonder if they even have a shot with Xiang Yu around."

Zhuwen liked Tai's response. Traveling with someone similar was of course better and seeing another free spirit made Zhuwen feel that he wasn't so out-of-place in society. Most people saw Zhuwen as a lousy miscreant, and no one could blame them.

"That's good. I think it's how everyone should live. Heh... I think going around with you is going to be just fine. But you don't mind if I'm still going to try win your affections, right," he said with a playful smile.

It seemed despite liking Tai in some platonic ways, there still was one thing Zhuwen had in mind...
Liang Zhuwen, 28, Male, Chaotic Neutral
Stats: 50-92-36-31-80
Skills: Assemble II, Challenge II, Diplomat, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Yueshu II
Biography
Zhuwen's Theme
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Rue Goung wrote:Bandit Investigation in Chu

it was not long sens the bandits sacked the town of Xinzcheng. from the rummer he had heard the bandits attacked the town and made out with much gold and valuables. Jang was given the task of investigating and researching the whereabouts of the bandits and the current state of the surrounding territory. Jang made hsi way to his first target to start the investigation, the town of xinzcheng. walking through the town jang tried to observe the damage that was caused by the bandits as well as the state of living the citizens were in. as he walked he came upon the main administration building in the hart of the city. there he stood before the guards and bowed in respect.

"greeting i am Rou Jang an officer under the service of the King of chu and the heavens own Emperor Yi. if i may, i would like to talk to your Governor about the attack on your city just recently."

Jang awaited a response form the men.
Xinzcheng is a smallish town in Chu and the inhabitants, after years of war, are somewhat wary and retiring. They have not been part of the provincial administration in years and, as a result, have taken to managing their own affairs without any guidance from a superior lord. They do however, have a leader, Lu Song, who was a village chief and who moved here when his own village was destroyed. He came with a core of followers from the destroyed village and they've been running the town ever since.

Their bases is a largish hut with a wattle door. Around it, several of Lu's followers can be found lounging around and drinking what might be tea. When Rou Jang arrived they jumped up somewhat surprised by his show of respect. They were not used to such behavior. After a moment one bowed several times and then elbowed his friends to do the same. Then they were all bowing and there was a long silence before the first, apparently most intelligent, man realized that the lord had also spoken. It took him a few minutes to remember what had been said.

"Uh... Lord... we have no .. governor. We were attacked ... that's true." As he spoke all the men nodded vigorously. They remembered the attack.
Rue Goung
General

Post by Rue Goung »

ann wrote: Xinzcheng is a smallish town in Chu and the inhabitants, after years of war, are somewhat wary and retiring. They have not been part of the provincial administration in years and, as a result, have taken to managing their own affairs without any guidance from a superior lord. They do however, have a leader, Lu Song, who was a village chief and who moved here when his own village was destroyed. He came with a core of followers from the destroyed village and they've been running the town ever since.

Their bases is a largish hut with a wattle door. Around it, several of Lu's followers can be found lounging around and drinking what might be tea. When Rou Jang arrived they jumped up somewhat surprised by his show of respect. They were not used to such behavior. After a moment one bowed several times and then elbowed his friends to do the same. Then they were all bowing and there was a long silence before the first, apparently most intelligent, man realized that the lord had also spoken. It took him a few minutes to remember what had been said.

"Uh... Lord... we have no .. governor. We were attacked ... that's true." As he spoke all the men nodded vigorously. They remembered the attack.
Jang raised an eyebrow to what he had heard. it was odd to hear how this place is self sustaining with only a village head as the figurehead. tugging gently on his beard jang smiled and looked around at the towns poor shape.if things were realy this bad maybe the leader would be willing to submit the city to the king of chu's rule willingly. in the end there was only one way to find out.

"would it be fine if i talk to the man in charge then?"
Radical Dreamer
Imposter!

Post by Radical Dreamer »

Outside the city of Chu, in the once-tiny camp of Ying Ranzhen's army, there was a great swell of soldiers, supplies, and officials. Having finally been given an army and a target, the men were motivated and going about pulling up camp quickly.

In the city of Chen there was yet more activity. Several armies had been assembled, all sent off in different directions. Though the people knew this, the commanders of these forces had yet to announce themselves to the people of Chu - the wives, sons, and relatives of the men they would be commanding. Ever the one for formality, it was Zhang Ranzhen whom first put up proclamations in the public squares:
Citizens of Chu,

Greetings, I am Zhang Ranzhen, commander of the expeditionary force to seize the province of Hann. Our great and noble king charged me with eight legions of Chu's bravest to bring law to the lawless and justice to the wicked. This shall be the first army to march out of Chu since the fall of the Qin - it honors me that such brilliant soldiers will be treading the ground of the Middle Kingdom once again.

I call upon any man to join our great crusade. We march on Yangdi to pacify the former capital least the people there suffer and die from bad governance. We shall be the sword of the Hegemon King, striking out to bring more people under his benevolent rule. Our army is strong, our devotion unshakable, and our cause just. Should peaceful life in Chen grow too mundane, or the need to be of service to your Great King become too pressing, you will find a home in my camp: I welcome all to my banner.

However, be quick. We march within three days.

Zhang Ranzhen, Commander of the Hann Expeditionary Force
Kubali Dun 90*-76-35-68-23
Aid II, Qiangshu II, Sortie III*, Military Administrator II, Discipline II, Dash I
Kakirot83
Sergeant

Post by Kakirot83 »

OneEyedDrgn wrote:"Jiaoxi..." Zhuwen rubbed his chin, and looking up at the ceiling. Where was that again? He thought he had recently been there. After some seconds, Zhuwen's memory managed to flicker back, as he looked back at Tai.

"Oh yeah, that place. Last time, some guy was recruiting troops to take a city or something like that. That's fine with me, I'm somewhat interested to know if those boys managed to succeed or got themselves killed. Lots of guys trying to rise up and conquer these days... I wonder if they even have a shot with Xiang Yu around."

Zhuwen liked Tai's response. Traveling with someone similar was of course better and seeing another free spirit made Zhuwen feel that he wasn't so out-of-place in society. Most people saw Zhuwen as a lousy miscreant, and no one could blame them.

"That's good. I think it's how everyone should live. Heh... I think going around with you is going to be just fine. But you don't mind if I'm still going to try win your affections, right," he said with a playful smile.

It seemed despite liking Tai in some platonic ways, there still was one thing Zhuwen had in mind...
((OOC: You sure you're not thinking of Jiaodong? :wink: ))

Tai smiled as Zhuwen spoke, almost wanting to laugh to some joke only she was hearing. He seemed to have some odd mix of give and take, that made less sense than she usually did, and she liked it.

"Oh my King of Blood, you may try to win my affections all you want. Who knows, perhaps one day, you might actually succeed."

With that being said, the waitress returned to the table with their food. Tai smiled at the waitress. There was something about how the girl acted towards Zhuwen, that also pleased Tai.
Tai Ju Li, 43-42*-104*-55*-91, Civil Administrator, Confuse III, Diplomat III, Doctor, Scribe II, Politician, Propagandist, Public Planner II

NPC Followers: Sun Luo;63-57-70-52-55/Decoy I, Military Administrator I, Poison I, Politician I, Rupture I, Trainer I
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Rue Goung wrote:Jang raised an eyebrow to what he had heard. it was odd to hear how this place is self sustaining with only a village head as the figurehead. tugging gently on his beard jang smiled and looked around at the towns poor shape.if things were realy this bad maybe the leader would be willing to submit the city to the king of chu's rule willingly. in the end there was only one way to find out.

"would it be fine if i talk to the man in charge then?"
The men shrugged and after a moment one said, "Uh... I suppose so. He's inside." The man waved his hand in the direction of the door. A few of the others nodded. Another said, "You can just go on in if you want.
"

((assuming you enter))

Inside the small building was dim but a man was kneeling on the floor near the hearth eating a meal. His wife, it must be his wife, saw the stranger and headed into another room.

The man looked up and said, "Oh! Uh... What ..." He put his meal down and rose saying, "Oh.. what can I?"
OneEyedDrgn
Lieutenant

Post by OneEyedDrgn »

Kakirot83 wrote:
OneEyedDrgn wrote:
((OOC: You sure you're not thinking of Jiaodong? :wink: ))

Tai smiled as Zhuwen spoke, almost wanting to laugh to some joke only she was hearing. He seemed to have some odd mix of give and take, that made less sense than she usually did, and she liked it.

"Oh my King of Blood, you may try to win my affections all you want. Who knows, perhaps one day, you might actually succeed."

With that being said, the waitress returned to the table with their food. Tai smiled at the waitress. There was something about how the girl acted towards Zhuwen, that also pleased Tai.
OOC: Curses! I am a fool! :x

"I see, I see," Zhuwen said amused. "Alright. I'll take that challenge. Going to be a little difficult, since I can't read you or figure out how you work, but I think there's where the fun is going to come from."

The challenge of winning a woman over was one thing Zhuwen much enjoyed. Of course, Tai was a new kind... Usually, the women that Zhuwen needed to try and win over were those that hated or was disgusted by him. It was perhaps this reason that Zhuwen seemed so amused. The food that arrived for Tai was chopped lettuces with an assortment of other vegetables. The "regular" that Zhuwen ordered seemed to be a bowl of rice with cooked fish. A bottle of wine was also brought. Zhuwen proceeded to thank the waitress... and then slowly reached his hand out to the waitress's behind. His hand however could not make it, and was slapped away.

"Your usual "thank you rub" is unneeded," the waitress told Zhuwen with a smile, most likely a fake one.

"Always the cold one. You sure you're not just resenting me because in truth, you actually like me?" Zhuwen replied with a wink.

"Still funny too." She turned to Tai. "Please call me if you need anything."

And with that, the waitress left, and Zhuwen could only laugh as he popped out the cork from the wine bottle. He leaned forward and poured Tai's cup before his.

"You good at drinking?" he asked.
Liang Zhuwen, 28, Male, Chaotic Neutral
Stats: 50-92-36-31-80
Skills: Assemble II, Challenge II, Diplomat, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Yueshu II
Biography
Zhuwen's Theme
Rue Goung
General

Post by Rue Goung »

ann wrote: The men shrugged and after a moment one said, "Uh... I suppose so. He's inside." The man waved his hand in the direction of the door. A few of the others nodded. Another said, "You can just go on in if you want.
"

((assuming you enter))

Inside the small building was dim but a man was kneeling on the floor near the hearth eating a meal. His wife, it must be his wife, saw the stranger and headed into another room.

The man looked up and said, "Oh! Uh... What ..." He put his meal down and rose saying, "Oh.. what can I?"
Jang smiled and bowed to the guards in thanks as he entered the building. Jang placed his hand's withing the sleeve of his robe as he made his way into the main hall of the "administration building.". once he entered the room and the "wife " made her exit Jang gave a respectable bow to the leader of the town.

"i am Colonel Rou Jang under the service of his kingship Xiang Yu and the son of heaven emperor Yi of Chu. i have been tasked by the primeminister of Chu Fan Zeng, to investigate the recant rash of bandit attacks in this region. it is true the king of Chus influence is not solidified in the surrounding towns and villages that were attacked but non the less we are all of Chu and as such i am here to try and bring those that have done the recant atrocity's to justice. if there is anything you can tell em about the attacks or what had happen that will aid in my investigation then i would be most appreciative."

Jang pulled his hands out of his sleeves as his right hand reached up and tugged on his beard as he gave the cu rent situation deep thought. Jang looked around the room trying to spot something in his surroundings that might give him some clues to the condition of the town and how the "town head" is running things.
Last edited by Rue Goung on Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kakirot83
Sergeant

Post by Kakirot83 »

OneEyedDrgn wrote:"I see, I see," Zhuwen said amused. "Alright. I'll take that challenge. Going to be a little difficult, since I can't read you or figure out how you work, but I think there's where the fun is going to come from."

The challenge of winning a woman over was one thing Zhuwen much enjoyed. Of course, Tai was a new kind... Usually, the women that Zhuwen needed to try and win over were those that hated or was disgusted by him. It was perhaps this reason that Zhuwen seemed so amused. The food that arrived for Tai was chopped lettuces with an assortment of other vegetables. The "regular" that Zhuwen ordered seemed to be a bowl of rice with cooked fish. A bottle of wine was also brought. Zhuwen proceeded to thank the waitress... and then slowly reached his hand out to the waitress's behind. His hand however could not make it, and was slapped away.

"Your usual "thank you rub" is unneeded," the waitress told Zhuwen with a smile, most likely a fake one.

"Always the cold one. You sure you're not just resenting me because in truth, you actually like me?" Zhuwen replied with a wink.

"Still funny too." She turned to Tai. "Please call me if you need anything."

And with that, the waitress left, and Zhuwen could only laugh as he popped out the cork from the wine bottle. He leaned forward and poured Tai's cup before his.

"You good at drinking?" he asked.
Tai smiled towards the waitress as she spoke before leaving. Tai looked down at her plate, and began to eat a couple of pieces to start off with. She noticed that Zhuwen had poured her a cup of wine, being ever the gentleman. Tai sniffed the wine for a few seconds, savoring the smell, then she put the cup to her lips, and winked at Zhuwen.

She emptied the contents of her glass in one go, without hesitation. She was one who believed in taking in all of life, and things that changed your thinking, letting you see from a new perspective was definately something Tai took great pleasure in.

"I think I have the basics of it down."

Tai took the bottle and poured herself another glass, planning to not down this one in one go, rather taking her time with it. She returned to her plate, before she looked up at Zhuwen again.

"I do not think the waitress likes you all too much, is she a past 'encounter'? or one of the rare missed chances, the King of Blood has had?"

She smiled a wicked smile in his direction, as she raised the glass to her lips.
Tai Ju Li, 43-42*-104*-55*-91, Civil Administrator, Confuse III, Diplomat III, Doctor, Scribe II, Politician, Propagandist, Public Planner II

NPC Followers: Sun Luo;63-57-70-52-55/Decoy I, Military Administrator I, Poison I, Politician I, Rupture I, Trainer I
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Rue Goung wrote:Jang smiled and bowed to the guards in thanks as he entered the building. Jang placed his hand's withing the sleeve of his robe as he made his way into the main hall of the "administration building.". once he entered the room and the "wife " made her exit Jang gave a respectable bow to the leader of the town.

"i am Colonel Rou Jang under the service of his kingship Xiang Yu and the son of heaven emperor Yi of Chu. i have been tasked by the primeminister of Chu Fan Zeng, to investigate the recant rash of bandit attacks in this region. it is true the king of Chus influence is not solidified in the surrounding towns and villages that were attacked but non the less we are all of Chu and as such i am here to try and bring those that have done the recant atrocity's to justice. if there is anything you can tell em about the attacks or what had happen that will aid in my investigation then i would be most appreciative."

Jang pulled his hands out of his sleeves as his right hand reached up and tugged on his beard as he gave the cu rent situation deep thought. Jang looked around the room trying to spot something in his surroundings that might give him some clues to the condition of the town and how the "town head" is running things.
The man seemed quite surprised by the visitor's speech after a while he said, "We don't mix in politics. I don't know who you're with though I'm sure that king and emperor are quite wonderful. We haven't heard much here since King Chen went off in the carriage." His brows drew together and then he said, "Is he back then?"

He didn't wait for his visitor to answer before saying, "There are bandits everywhere these days. We've been hit more than once! Wait ..." He seemed to grow suspicious and then said, "I got a lot of friends if your here to make trouble!"