Feedback and Suggestions

Moderator: Game Masters

Wokimo
Colonel

Post by Wokimo »

I've had a look at the map we're using and think that it isn't quite accurate. If it's used again then might I suggest that you shift the locations in Jibei around as follows.

1. Boyang should be Location 2.
2. Donga should be Location 3.
3. Pingyuan should be Location 1.

On a completely different note, I notice that people were talking about how money was scarce on Warlords compared with SimRTK or WotD. For rulers that's true, so players can't expect to be blinged out by their rulers. However, the minimum seasonal pay on WotD and SimRTK is 100 gold, compared with 150 per season on Warlords (50/per month x 3). Most rulers won't pay more than the ranks on the other two sims require them to, so it's still likely that characters on Warlords receive better pay than on SimRTK even though ranks non-ruler ranks do not come with specific requirements for extra pay here. Items are slightly more pricey, I'll grant you, but I don't think it's necessarily harder to give your character the same level of bling here than on SimRTK, for example. That's my take on the situation.
Pang Zhou (30) 65 – 101* - 49* – 22* – 63*
Challenge II, Haste II, Jianshu II, Pierce II, Raid II

Do what you want 'cause a pirate is free! You are a pirate!
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

City locations within provinces weren't really meant to be accurate.
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Wokimo
Colonel

Post by Wokimo »

Oh? Ok then.

RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Something that came to me from staring at the map too much:

I think we should introduce a way to build roads and border crossings.

I mean, if people can build cities, then why not a plain new route between previously unconnected places, or something? =S
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
jiangbao
Lord

Post by jiangbao »

rather than having province RP, why not just have individual city rps? towns and cities can be tag to cities RP. That why certain threads do not get cluttered up with different RPs.
Dao Xia
General

Post by Dao Xia »

There would be so many theads that they would get lost. Not to mention that cities are destroyed.
TGC
Lieutenant

Post by TGC »

Dao Xia wrote:There would be so many theads that they would get lost. Not to mention that cities are destroyed.
And built. (Why so negative? :P)
XM sent me; he said "Stop asking me if I have a blog or podcast. I have no idea who you are."
Wokimo
Colonel

Post by Wokimo »

Personally, I quite like having Provincial Roleplay threads. I say keep them the way they are.

UMCorian
Monkey Nuts?

Post by UMCorian »

I would like to see a revamp with the Challenge skill to factor in whether or not the target is 'duel-ready'... as that's probably much more important than the targets actual might and judgement.

For example, in the battle we're about to fight, Liu Changyu has challenged Dai Mu... Liu Changyu has a higher might, a horse, and a weapon... Dai Mu has no weapon or horse. He might as well have an equivalent -20 Might, if he's forced to use Basic Weapon from an unmounted position. -1 to attack/damage without horse, and -10% to hit/damage minimum is huge.

I think that's sort of a failing of the skill - I was victim of that last version, when my CiC character was forced to duel someone with about 7 war higher, with maxed out dueling skills AND custom weapons, while I had absolutely no dueling skills or a dueling horse. Let's just say, my 95ish might counted for much, much less.

Just pulling numbers out of my butt - perhaps something like this could work:

*If a duelist doesn't have a horse, -10% to the chance they'll accept a challenge.
*If a duelist doesn't have an exceptional weapon, -15% to the chance they'll accept a challenge.
*If a duelist doesn't have a ranged weapon, -5% to the chance they'll accept a challenge.
*If a duelist doesn't have dueling skills, -15% to the chance they'll accept. If they only have basic training (one rank) in a dueling skill, it's -5%.

A challenger can offset these penalties, if he chooses, by submitting tactics to match his competition - willingness to agree to a foot duel, without ranged weapons, using basic weapons would add +30% to the chance his duel is accepted against someone who doesn't have those.
"He who masters both order and chaos will inherit the world."
Hua Liang, Age 26
55 ~ 32 ~ 105* ~ 77 ~ 48
Confuse II, Civil Administrator II, Engineer II, Public Planner II
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin
Location: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Post by Lurking Tyranny »

That would be an insane number of factors to calculate in. For then we would also have to add and subtract if an instance in which a Challenger doesn't have a ranged weapon, but the challenged did. The degree of ranged weapons, etc.

Furthermore under the current rules there can only be one challenge per engagement. It's fairly easy for a ruler to cover his bases by assigning one or two champions and having them ready to deal with an enemy challenge.

Challenge's success rate is lower then it had been last game and takes into account the comparison between opponents. A horse isn't really that expensive. You can get a +1 spd horse in a mere two months of employment on salary alone. I'm not sure it's really necessary to further complicate the challenge system.
GMNPC's
Fan Zeng, Prime Minister of Chu

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Liu Bang then asked Han Xin, who had served under Xiang Yu but was driven out, "what is Xiang Yu's weakness? Is there a way to defeat him?" Han Xin calmly replied, "No, Xiang Yu himself is invincible, he is destined to be king."