Other Game Discussion

Moderator: Game Masters

Bonaparte
Marshal

Post by Bonaparte »

This is what I think about the playstation series and the soon to be a series x-box.

I enjoy playstation games for rpg and strategy games, more often.
I enjoy x-box games for action and shooting, more often.

It's my taste. Anyones preferablility on types of games on different consoles?
Deng Yue, 40
51-46-50-78-80*
Military Administrator II, Civil Administrator II, Diplomat II, Politician II
Items: Horse (+1 Speed, E), Ring of Changsha (+3 Charisma, E)
nstroud
General

Post by nstroud »

i dont know, i guess im biased against the xbox but i love my ps2 and all its games
Prefect Huang Fu
Tom
Major

Post by Tom »

I agree X-Box has some the best first/third person shooters around. Full Spectrum Warrior and the Halos were superior to most PS2 offerings. However overall I think the PS2 holds its own on all round appeal. It has games to suit everyones tastes, something that the X-Box hasn't quite achieved.
Xiahou Liang, 35
Ruler of Wuzhong
86-79-71-50-63
Dash, Inspire II, Lure, Manoeuvre, Rally, Reactive Defence, Wedge, Scout
Bonaparte
Marshal

Post by Bonaparte »

Yes, I agree. The ps2 did suit to everyone's taste. The only people that may hate the ps2 is usually biased and perfers x-box or gamecube.
Deng Yue, 40
51-46-50-78-80*
Military Administrator II, Civil Administrator II, Diplomat II, Politician II
Items: Horse (+1 Speed, E), Ring of Changsha (+3 Charisma, E)
Tom
Major

Post by Tom »

:lol: But then again... not that many people liked the Gamecube (or as some called in 'Lamecube') I know a few people who bought one but lost interest because they said about only so many good games being available to it.
Xiahou Liang, 35
Ruler of Wuzhong
86-79-71-50-63
Dash, Inspire II, Lure, Manoeuvre, Rally, Reactive Defence, Wedge, Scout
Energetic Lemur

Post by Energetic Lemur »

Final Fantasy VII is the best RPG game out there. IX was good, but plot wise 7 surpassed it.

Also the materia system was the best. They just haven't found a magic system as good as that. :)

But the one single thing that makes the game is Sephiroth :twisted: . Undoubtedly one of the best villains in game history, if not the best.

Also, it think the Buster Sword has now become a cult symbol. My friend is so obsessed with the game he is ordering one off ebay. All ye melons shall perish before the blade! :D
KDS
Lord

Post by KDS »

I just wish that the PS2 had more RPG's in it than it has now. It seems that all my favorite RPG's are on the XBOX and I really don't want to shell out the money to get it and then the games.
Sweet_Ayame
Captain

Post by Sweet_Ayame »

Sega dreamcast as this RPG game called Skies of Arcadia..but instead of playstation releasing it X-box did >.O

Also Harvest Moon games haven't been coming out for the PS2 system anymore ;_;
Jiao Suyin, 18
36-62-52-80-89
Civil Administrator II, Diplomat II, Jianshu II, Politician II, Propagandist II, Saboteur
KDS
Lord

Post by KDS »

Only four more days! That's right! I'm right this time! Four more days and then I'll be inactive for a week!

Kidding!

It'll be for a month!

Out of all the RTK games out there, which one suits you the most?
Mogwai
General

Post by Mogwai »

I definitely enjoy RTK 7 the most out of all the 'new generation' versions. I don't know what especially about it, but I just find it the most fun one to play. The battle system is awesome, and there's plenty to do out of battle.

In RTK 8 I despise the battle system. I hate the fact that they combined field and siege battles, and just find it too boring and monotonous to wage war. Other than that, some of the newer features are nice, but I just can't get over the battle system.

In RTK 9, I like the battle system and the way things run, but sometimes I just -don't- want to be a ruler. However, some days I do, and I'll mess around with it, but RTK 7 usually takes the cake for me. I heard RTK X's battle system is awesome, and there're four types of battles. Field, siege, castle, and even gate battles. Sounds exciting to me! :P